Default 4.2 Wardocle 37/37/2

Raid healer/supplemental support
    Wardocle

Legendary:
    Healing Flood
    Waterjet
    Blood Insignia
    Wasting Insignia
    Flame Lance(alternatively use 2 sent instead of puri and Bolt of Light).
    Suggested Gear:
    Eternal Weapon (Any stage with 25% mana effect)
    AoE healing Crystal
    As a wardocle the main focus is on demand raid heals and active damage mitigation.

Playing
    Put up all raid buffs from Oracle:
    Inspiration of Survival
    Inspiration of the Keep
    Inspiration of Battle
    Boon of Vitality
    Boon of Resurgence
    Keep track of L Wasting Insignia and L Flame lance (alt. L Bolt of Light).
    Ensure L Wasting Insignia is used frequently enough to keep Inspiration raid buffs up (L Wasting Insignia lasts 30 seconds, Inspirations only last 20 seconds).
    Keep Shared Excess buff on yourself.
    Keep Healing Flood at 3 stacks.
    Use Geyser to dps when not actively healing.
    Use Healing Effusion to heal(spammable), Eternal weapon prevents running out of mana.
    Save Divine Favor for high healing situations.
    Between keeping Inspirations up and using Geyser to dps/effusion to heal the spec will have a constant 5% damage mitigation raid buff active from oracle and another 2% from warden active 100% of the time. Between the 1 second GCD from oracle and Healing Effusion Wardocle can sustain the majority of 61 warden’s AoE healing output (minus c/d’s). The double double AoE cleanses are excellent for particular encounters.

While second to a full 61 warden as far as healing goes, when possible the spec makes for a great compliment to raids that don’t require 61 warden heals. Some particular benefits of the spec are AoE debuffs(alternatively the wardocle can usually cover all debuffing) which allows Archons and such to dps instead, and covering a second Favor (Armor/resistances, Runspeed) should one/both have little/no uptime from the fulltime support.

EDIT:
    As a note if Inspirations wear off during healing L Wasting Insignia should be used to refresh them. This will keep raid buffs active while providing raid shielding even though you'll miss a GCD for healing. The buffs/shielding are more important than a single heal.
    Last edited by Zehne; 08-22-2017 at 09:15 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Zehne View Post
    Raid healer/supplemental support
    Wardocle

Legendary:
    Healing Flood
    Waterjet
    Blood Insignia
    Wasting Insignia
    Flame Lance(alternatively use 2 sent instead of puri and Bolt of Light).
    Suggested Gear:
    Eternal Weapon (Any stage with 25% mana effect)
    AoE healing Crystal
    As a wardocle the main focus is on demand raid heals and active damage mitigation.

Playing
    Put up all raid buffs from Oracle:
    Inspiration of Survival
    Inspiration of the Keep
    Inspiration of Battle
    Boon of Vitality
    Boon of Resurgence
    Keep track of L Wasting Insignia and L Flame lance (alt. L Bolt of Light).
    Ensure L Wasting Insignia is used frequently enough to keep Inspiration raid buffs up (L Wasting Insignia lasts 30 seconds, Inspirations only last 20 seconds).
    Keep Shared Excess buff on yourself.
    Keep Healing Flood at 3 stacks.
    Use Geyser to dps when not actively healing.
    Use Healing Effusion to heal(spammable), Eternal weapon prevents running out of mana.
    Save Divine Favor for high healing situations.
    Between keeping Inspirations up and using Geyser to dps/effusion to heal the spec will have a constant 5% damage mitigation raid buff active from oracle and another 2% from warden active 100% of the time. Between the 1 second GCD from oracle and Healing Effusion Wardocle can sustain the majority of 61 wardenís AoE healing output (minus c/dís). The double double AoE cleanses are excellent for particular encounters.

While second to a full 61 warden as far as healing goes, when possible the spec makes for a great compliment to raids that donít require 61 warden heals. Some particular benefits of the spec are AoE debuffs(alternatively the wardocle can usually cover all debuffing) which allows Archons and such to dps instead, and covering a second Favor (Armor/resistances, Runspeed) should one/both have little/no uptime from the fulltime support.

EDIT:
    As a note if Inspirations wear off during healing L Wasting Insignia should be used to refresh them. This will keep raid buffs active while providing raid shielding even though you'll miss a GCD for healing. The buffs/shielding are more important than a single heal.
    I made the same spec after solo healing some of irotp/nmtd and being frustrated with the 1.5s GCD, but I'm skeptical of it's output without Monsoon. Will try it this week.
    Wynford@Greybriar (Cleric) - Martyrdom@Greybriar (Primalist) - Salmoneus@Greybriar (Mage)

Rift Disciple

i'm actually testing this build and seems quite similar to my main tact bard
    btw i'd move the 2 points in puri/sentinel in a 38/38 or 39/37, maybe for ripple, tidal surge, glacial mark or even more points in dangers of the deep.
    said this, i'd add casting healing spray and 4x soothing stream on the shared excess target, i think it's a gain, and you could also debuff the target with the 2 curses and corroded defense, if you don't have to overwrite them of course, just like the tact bard with the 3 debuff codas
    Last edited by Mystifal; 09-14-2017 at 06:46 AM.

Soulwalker

Default Kalerts

Any Kalerts that you can (or others) can share on what needs to be monitored? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystifal View Post
    maybe for ripple...even more points in dangers of the deep.
    said this, i'd add casting healing spray and 4x soothing stream on the shared excess target, i think it's a gain, codas
    if you wanted more healing from it sure but it won't be alot more since shared excess healing in this expansion is alot less than it was in NMT (hp pools/heal values caused that). Still a gain though if you are refreshing stacks outside of active healing though.
    and you could also debuff the target with the 2 curses and corroded defense, if you don't have to overwrite them of course, just like the tact bard with the 3 debuff
    Yes, since most raids have a chon, this allows you to handle aoe debuffs for multiple mobs.

The points are somewhat flexible, so choose what makes you happy imo. But overall that's the general layout of the spec. Only went 1 into DoD because that's all it takes to get the full benefit for hot timers. More points are just small healing increases and cast time reduction (which you shouldn't need since you really only want to use instant casts w/ oracles GCD reduction).

Question

Are there any macros, or an indication of what you click when. I am an inexperienced clerk
    Last edited by Ceserea; 09-24-2017 at 05:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceserea View Post
    Are there any macros, or an indication of what you click when. I am an inexperienced clerk
    Simplest form is:

Raid missing Health: Healing Effusion
    Raid full Health: Geyser

BoL/Flame Lance buff missing: BoL/Flame Lance
    Wasting Insignia Buff missing: Wasting Insignia
    Healing Flood (x3) Buff missing/about to expire: Healing Flood
    Last edited by Zehne; 09-27-2017 at 09:08 AM.

Soulwalker

I noticed you didn't include Masteries, what masteries would you recommend say for PVE vs PVP

Ascendant

i'm actually testing this build and seems quite similar to my main tact bard
    Anything bard hybrid will be better. Better tank, dps or healing. Nothing compares.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    Anything bard hybrid will be better. Better tank, dps or healing. Nothing compares.
    The throughput on a tacbard is by nature of 3/4 constantly active healing effects vs 1/2 for Wardocle. That said Wardocle can ramp up some very impressive HPS for damage phases.

Also if you switch Diversify for Faith's Reward in the masteries you can get an instant cast Overflowing Renewal every 2 healing flood casts or Geysers. Helps top off tanks or other party members since the over heal is transferred to whoever needs it. IE you don't have to change your target.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Skiye View Post
    The throughput on a tacbard is by nature of 3/4 constantly active healing effects vs 1/2 for Wardocle. That said Wardocle can ramp up some very impressive HPS for damage phases.

Also if you switch Diversify for Faith's Reward in the masteries you can get an instant cast Overflowing Renewal every 2 healing flood casts or Geysers. Helps top off tanks or other party members since the over heal is transferred to whoever needs it. IE you don't have to change your target.
    Not going to cherry pick the good and bad. Overall the bard hybrids have been better than anything oracle for this expansion(the bard dps hybrid is far better yet no one has figured it out yet.) And going back 2 expansions bard has trumped oracle. When the lead says well even though bard is better we will use you instead as oracle because also rogue is better at dps doesn't count. Shame because oracle is a payed soul so it should have been great this expansion. But it continues to get even worse going into the expansions SL NT and PoA.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 12-14-2017 at 04:08 PM.

Is there anyway of maximising this spec to work effectively with an archon?

For example, which abilities are shared and which do I add on from what an archon can do? Apologies, not much experience with supports.

I'm thinking if some are shared, is it possible to change the talents slightly so that I gain more damage for example rather than wasted talents.

Thanks,
    Fwob.
    Last edited by Refuge; 01-13-2018 at 09:20 AM.

Nevermind, I've managed to compare to an Archon friend, quite a surprising amount can be shared here! So ye, I'm liking this spec, thanks for sharing.

I'm looking for an AoE healing spec for boss 2 in Bastion. I felt I wasn't adding much with full 61 Warden and was quite easily getting the raid back to full every 6-10 seconds with Healing Effusion (my gear is decent), so I've been looking at ways to make myself more useful while an Archon is in the raid, while not hurting my AoE too much.

The following can stack or is better in Oracle:
    Note the following 2 are already in the 61 warden healing spec:
    Inspiration of Battle (it overides Archon because it adds 1% crit aswell)
    Boon of Vitality - 1000 Endurance (stacks with Archons 2000)

Boon of Resurgence - 1000 S/D/I/W (stacks with Archons 1000)
    Inspiration of the Keep - 5% damage reduction (Archons don't have this)

I've also stretched to Marshaled Favor in Oracle for (40,36,0) as this is the only favor that doesn't clash with Archon's and is also a nice addition. (5% ability cost reduction)

DO NOT use corroded defense with an archon. Their's is stronger but bad programming has made our debuff take priority.

Hope this helps, if you want to add it in your guide please go ahead, and I'll delete this post.

Thanks,
    Fwob.
    Last edited by Refuge; 01-13-2018 at 09:36 AM.

Rift Chaser

Tact/bard much better and more wanted. Sometimes they will use a healing chon which gets more play than anything oracle. It is good for healing dungeons still though.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 02-05-2018 at 09:48 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    Tact/bard much better and more wanted. Sometimes they will use a healing chon which gets more play than anything oracle. It is good for healing dungeons still though.
    Yea

Rogue is the best single target dps the best aoe dps, the best MT healer, the best AoE healer, and the best tank and support in Rift.

Clerics do everything the worst period unless you are one of those ultra elite rainbow unicorn players with 120k spellpower and capped CP which is not fair for us above average cleric players.

I wonder why people still post cleric guide.

Clearly clerics needs to be buffed all the way around by a few folds at least!!!
    I hear ya brah, I hear yea.
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 02-06-2018 at 05:31 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast