+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes
  • 6 Post By UnusualBunny
  • 3 Post By Zehne

Thread: 4.0 Warden

Default 4.3 Warden

Rift SFP 4.3 - Cleric Warden Guide - Updated on: 26th October 2017

I've noticed the cleric forums lack some up to date guides. There's still some good old ones out there that explain the skills well but without the current spec mentioned, what might make it confusing for new players or players with alts. Because of this i've decided to rewrite some of those guides while possibly copying some parts of the older guides and add the new specs + legendaries and posible changes in rotations. For this Warden guide i have used Ahov's guide as a reference.

Spec:
    61 Warden | 8 Oracle | 7 Sentinel
    61 Warden | 8 Purifier | 7 Sentinel Non Oracle

61 Warden | 8 Oracle | 7 Sentinel Pushback Reduction

Legendaries:

- Healing Flood (warden)
    - Pool of Restoration (warden)
    - Bosun's Blessing (warden)
    - Bolt of Light (sentinel)
    - Wasting insignia (oracle) or Flame Lance (purifier) depending on what spec your playing.

Buffs:

Bosun's Blessing (Warden)
    Shared Excess (Warden)
    Heroic Resolve (sentinel)
    Boon of Vitality (oracle) > overwritten with a raid support
    Inspiration of Battle (oracle) > overwritten with a raid support
    Wisdom of the Ages (purifier)

Playstyle:

Like all healing specs Warden is about preparing and reacting to certain situations. There is no real set rotation.
    - Multiple Target healing

Rotation or Priority system:

Dangers of the Deep:

Before we talk about rotations and healing abilities, you must understand the Warden playstyle. With our eighth-tier talent Dangers of the Deep, damaging abilities add a stacking buff which improves our healing output by 3% and increases the duration of our hots by one second. This caps at five stacks. It is absolutely imperative to maintain this bonus so you are outputting the best possible healing when your raid needs it most.

Abilities that refresh Dangers of the Deep and in order of which one your most likely to use the most:
    1. Geyser
    2. Wasting Insignia
    3. Bolt of Light
    4. Flame Lance
    5. Emblem of Ice
    6. Oversaturation
    7. Call of the Depths
    8. Dehydrate

Why these abilities and in that order ?
    - Even tho Geyser does less damage-per-GCD than other abilities, you can spam this ability and it also offers a slight heal.
    - Wasting Insignia, Bolt of Light and Flame Lance are the Legendary abilities that need to be refreshed when their buffs are close to running out.
    - Emblem of Ice, this is basically a min max (optional) ability. You can give your abilities a 5% healing increase if you use Emblem of Ice before hand. I personally only use it when popping a big cool down.
    - the remaining abilities are mentioned for when you have the time to deal some extra damage. Oversaturation requires you to either have hots rolling on raid members or actively heal for its duration. It is only recommended to use Oversaturation when Monsoon or Healing Flood is active. Call of the Depths and Dehydrate are simple dots.

Pre-pull:

- Shared Excess on the correct player. I personally prefer to put it on the tank even tho that's not the best pick when looking at pure healing output.
    - Healing Flood 3 Stacks
    - Soothing Stream 4 Stacks on the player with Shared Excess.
    - Healing Spray on the player with Shared Excess.

Rotation:
    As mentioned above Warden does not have a set Rotation its about preparing or reacting to the damage out put.
    That being said there are some focus points in warden you need to pay attention to.

1. Legendary Abilities:

Keep up the legendary abilities at all times.
    - Wasting Insignia when applied to an enemey it gives a buff that increases healing by 20%. Wasting Insignia needs to be refreshed when the affected target dies.
    - Bolt of Light when applied to an enemey it gives a buff that increases healing by 15%.
    - Flame Lance when applied to an enemey it gives a buff that increases healing by 15%.

2. Maintenance:

Beside the legendary abilities you have to keep up some other abilities as well.
    1. Dangers of the deep, discussed earlier.
    2. 3 stacks of Healing Flood need to be maintained the entire time. Be sure to refresh healing flood before its runs out so you wont have to waste GCD's to bring it back to 3 stacks.
    3. 4 stacks of Soothing Stream should be maintained on the target with Shared Excess when the situation allows it (refresh before it runs out!). This is also the reason why i prefer to put Shared Excess on the tank so you help with tank healing while benefiting from Shared Excess.
    4. Healing Spray should be maintained on the target with Shared Excess when the situation allows it.

3. Healing Abilities:

Warden heals can be separated into preemptive and reactive categories with moderate accuracy. The heal of over time abilities mentioned at maintenance are preemptive abilities.

- Pool of Restoration reactive AoE heal. A very strong, short cooldown heal. Because of the legendary ability on this you should try to use this as often as possible without wasting to much of its healing potential.
    - Healing Effusion reactive AoE heal. People used to be hesitant about using this ability because of mana issues. but with your current mana regeneration kit it is pretty much safe to use this ability to your liking. A great heal to save your raid when "oh ****" damage happens for a short period.
    - Healing Cataract reactive AoE heal. Only use this when you have at least 3 stacks of faiths reward making the cast instant. Because of the lower healing output compared to healing effusion i tempted to say to only use this when small amounts of damage are being dealt, or when your getting low on mana.
    - Orbs of the Tide preemptive AoE heal. only limited by its short radius. Cast on the tank.
    - Orbs of the Stream preemptive ST heal. An excellent preemptive tank heal. Generally prioritize over Healing Breath.
    - Overflowing Renewal reactive ST heal.
    - Healing Breath reactive ST heal.

4. Big cool down Abilities:

- Wave of Renewal reactive AoE heal. Wave of Renewal is your best reactive cooldown. Whether or not you were prepared for the damage, this skill will completely top off everyone within the initial 18-meter radius, and if you finish the channel it will heal your entire raid again, with a 38-meter radius. That being said, because of the long cast time, i personally rarely finish the entire cast clipping it after the initial heal unless i know for a fact it is save (no dangerous raid damage) to do so.
    - Monsoon preemptive AoE heal. Monsoon is your best preemptive heal and should be reserved for the worst of the raid damage.
    - Ripple preemptive AoE heal. Ripple is best used directly following a Monsoon if you are in a 20-man raid. In a 10-man raid you should allow your hots to tick down until only a second or two remain; this extends the duration for five players so you essentially have 40s straight healing on them.
    - Downpour reactive AoE heal. Whereas a wardens GCD is 1.5 seconds, Downpour heals every 1 second. Each of these heals triggers Bosuns Blessing. Because downpour triggers Bosuns Blessing more often the heal becomes worthwhile using. That being said Downpour is limited by its healing radius but also susceptivity to pushback what makes it abit tricky to pull it off perfectly
    - Tidal Surge is best used with the abilities Wave of Renewal or Pool of Restoration (Monsoon does not benefit from tidal Surge), but can also be used to increase your damage of the dots.
    - River of Life
    - Cascade is a mana regeneration tool together with Open water.

5. Cleanses:

- Cleansing waters
    - Curative Waters a double cleanse

It goes without saying that all the abilities mentioned above should be on your bars

Macros:

These are personal macros, make them fit to your own liking.

#show overflowing renewal
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Healing breath
    cast Overflowing renewal

#show Pool of Restoration
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Tidal Surge
    cast pool of restoration
    cast healing effusion

#show Wave of Renewal
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Tidal Surge
    cast Wave of Renewal

#show Cascade
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Cascade
    cast Open Water

#show Call of the Depths
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Call of the Depths
    cast Dehydrate

#show River of Life
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast River of Life
    raid Battle Rez on %T

#show Cleansing Waters
    suppressmacrofailures
    stopcasting
    cast @mouseoverui Cleansing Waters
    cast @group01 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group02 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group03 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group04 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group05 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group06 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group07 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group08 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group09 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group10 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group11 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group12 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group13 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group14 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group15 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group16 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group17 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group18 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group19 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group20 Cleansing Waters

Karuul-Alarts:
    These are my personal Karuul-alerts everybody has their own preferance so just fit them to your own liking.
    Code:
    KA::Aol3xeNq1lV1vmzAUhv9K7nY1ZmP8wXxloNYqbcvUMvWmEnKKE6xSiIzTKtr232eTpR8ZqlI
    tky2E4XB8Hr/nHK6UrXX3cVaaWrWzy41daQ55ydet2mrLY38r/Xj+WmAKRExADmiRyJQQDvwnwQr
    4cWGWjhfKqQ/X38+v1cK0xm0rc9N3w/XDuNl7F5xVQ3AW1fXAKU45wYQnLEzIQYQ5z8++lmcXfuV
    nGAj4UMr943FFxi3lz6s/DIVutrVV7jlB5JTfxo1PPAZ/shEUJwDFGWYAwUIyejTG0G9a78N0aAy
    fMB8+BRyhiOwuIKIh8NcRIJtAyPrWzfrl7LNZNe65EPv4XxoIEicQIiFhTLMYiuJ4hrWxxi28N7i
    DwAmngJ4EQirjmnfD7EIHwacoDiwEEBnDqUwIogDRHByNYcMx6H4zVI1WrelWFYCV2mUVAZNEPwa
    nbm6HX7ycfzuEg3iEy+ZlOf+yf4knEK/U4Pxus/NuMKvOqCnIv2xEkhLqVUqhjH3u4TdganWvbbU
    wXR0Y+2VV6/t+Y8OiVva208PwmIunkvHT7kS9SHed6iaz8dBEIAZimUmWCpGjXMZHE66t1ndrZ+5
    15Rpt1Xo78mDGfG1hjliU7C4gYqcSce7PdFBu49uB6btXmsaBoZAyg+yMFowUCURYHk+prFr1XfW
    gtkFET1pZE5R9yto4OVkz2asj276fKEPJXxoIyADJBARJhlNfhcVb+/q+BJfB3SPNf6vBXLVtaIX
    +FH3rX7tmeEXCCWMhM5xDghEJFYkycTTvpqu1ffA/EbvwlekaqB576D9q9xs3SEyc
    I don't have much experience with writing a guide so if you have any tips or comments please feel free to do so.

Bunny
    Last edited by UnusualBunny; 10-26-2017 at 03:17 AM. Reason: Spec Update

Legendaries:

- Healing Flood (warden)
    - Pool of Restoration (warden)
    - Bosun's Blessing (warden)
    - Bolt of Light (sentinel)
    - Wasting insignia (oracle)
    - Flame Lance (purifier)
    teach me how to pick 4 different souls and 6 legendaries please Senpai <3

I mean, I know you stated for 2 different souls but at least mention it lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bishoujo View Post
    teach me how to pick 4 different souls and 6 legendaries please Senpai <3

I mean, I know you stated for 2 different souls but at least mention it lol
    haha will do! i was hoping people would be able to figure that out them selves. (so i could be lazy!)
    Last edited by UnusualBunny; 02-11-2017 at 06:35 AM.

Pretty good, besides a few minor things.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnusualBunny View Post
    Bosun's Blessing (purifier)
    Shared Excess (purifier)
    ^Those are warden buffs

- Healing Cataract reactive AoE heal. Only use this when you have at least 3 stacks of faiths reward making the cast instant. Because of the lower healing output compared to healing effusion i tempted to say to only use this when small amounts of damage are being dealt, or when your getting low on mana.
    ^The majority of warden healing comes from hots and Bosuns Blessing. Because of this it's much better to just cast Healing cataract as much as possible since you barely loose any healing output but it's many times more mana efficient. Effusion should only be resorted to if you need emergency healing or are running.

- Wave of Renewal reactive AoE heal. Wave of Renewal is your best reactive cooldown. Whether or not you were prepared for the damage, this skill will completely top off everyone within the initial 18-meter radius, and if you finish the channel it will heal your entire raid again, with a 38-meter radius.
    ^Wave of Renewal is very situational. Yes it's big, but it has travel time. There is the distinct possibility that people can die from another tick of damage prior to them actually receiving the heal from Wave of Renewal after you use it. The heal gap left from an entire channel is really large as well.

Also as is w/ Healing cataract, Bosuns Blessing does the majority of healing so casting 2x Healing cataracts in place of 1x Wave of renewal doesn't change much of the overall healing output.

This point will need to be reconsidered later depending on the status of 'healing balance' passes when they inevitably occur. However as is w/ the past, Wave or Renewal is suspect to be very situational.

- Downpour reactive AoE heal. Downpour is limited not only by its healing radius but also susceptivity to pushback. In most scenarios I don't recommend using it unless the raid is stacked and you are low on mana.
    ^Again, the majority of healing comes from Bosuns and hots.

Whereas a wardens GCD is 1.5 seconds, Downpour heals every 1 second. Each of these heals triggers Bosuns Blessing. Because downpour triggers Bosuns Blessing more often, it is actually one of the highest hps abilities currently(nothing can compare to Pools of Restoration).

But as you said, it's situational depending if the people are stacked or not (but the zone of Downpour is actually fairly large).

EDIT:
    Looking at the 7 sent/8 Puri.
    Can replace 2/3 expeditious in sentinel w/ 2/2 Benevolence. (0 cast time knockback)
    Can replace 3/5 Intensity in purifier with 3/5 Flame Seeker (3% crit chance).

Reasoning:
    The expeditious and Intensity healing bonuses are additive with all the other +healing talents/gifts. So the actual bonuses to healing from Intensity and expeditious will actually be in the realm of ~~1/4 of what they state.
    Knock-back prevention on casted heals is much better than the small healing bonus you'd receive from expeditious. As for 3% crit chance if you do the math it comes out ahead because 3% of the time you are doing (50% + any cp you might have) more healing = >1.5%. Whereas ~~1/4th of 3% = 0.75%.
    Last edited by Zehne; 02-11-2017 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zehne View Post
    ^Those are warden buffs
    Changed them right away, thks for pointing it out.

The majority of warden healing comes from hots and Bosuns Blessing. Because of this it's much better to just cast Healing cataract as much as possible since you barely loose any healing output but it's many times more mana efficient. Effusion should only be resorted to if you need emergency healing or are running.
    yes and no, your absolute correct when looking at Bosuns blessing and healing cataract, compared to effusion and mana consumption. But if it comes using Cataract as much as posible i prefer using Geyser there or possibly refreshing damage dots. tho i must say without any 'hard' enrage timers right now that might be old fashioned thinking.

Wave of Renewal is very situational. Yes it's big, but it has travel time. There is the distinct possibility that people can die from another tick of damage prior to them actually receiving the heal from Wave of Renewal after you use it. The heal gap left from an entire channel is really large as well.
    Again correct, personally i rarely full cast the ability and just use the initial healing. I should and will mention this in the guide.

Whereas a wardens GCD is 1.5 seconds, Downpour heals every 1 second. Each of these heals triggers Bosuns Blessing. Because downpour triggers Bosuns Blessing more often, it is actually one of the highest hps abilities currently(nothing can compare to Pools of Restoration). But as you said, it's situational depending if the people are stacked or not (but the zone of Downpour is actually fairly large).
    Good catch, i honestly totally forgot about the heal that happens every 1 second. i will change this in the guide. thanks!

EDIT:
    Looking at the 7 sent/8 Puri.
    Can replace 2/3 expeditious in sentinel w/ 2/2 Benevolence. (0 cast time knockback)
    Can replace 3/5 Intensity in purifier with 3/5 Flame Seeker (3% crit chance).
    I some what disagree with the knockback choice, but this is mainly because i don't hard cast any heal due to faiths reward and clipping the wave. This might change when i stop worrying about dealing 'damage'. I will mention the spec as an option and reasoning for it.

The crit option i already considering but i never took the time to calculate what might better so i will change that.

Thanks a lot for the comments and feedback! Much appreciated.
    Last edited by UnusualBunny; 02-11-2017 at 11:40 AM.

Telaran

Default pro input

one button warden..... #getgud

Added some small changes. Updated for 4.1

Default I assume you assume

So it seems to me, ALL of these new guides are aimed at L 70 players? What about newer, or returning players that are only in the 60 range? From what I am learning, L 70 is damn near impossible to hit from 65, and I am yet to get one of my toons to 65, my cleric being the closest at 63, and none of these guides help me very much, as I have ZERO ledgies, or any of this new gear. I've only been back to Rift maybe a bit more then a week, and have only gotten to 63, albeit I am playing a lower Rogue class up, so I'm no full time on my cleric.
    All some of us need is.....a good solid DPS build that will get us to 65, a good healing build for the same, and perhaps a nice build to help us carry our water in the daily dungeons, and adventures. If someone would like to either post up something that fits that, or explain how to use one of these builds without all the newer shinies it would be much appreciated.
    I've totally forgotten everything I relearned when I came back the last time some 3 years ago...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by banecrushr View Post
    So it seems to me, ALL of these new guides are aimed at L 70 players? What about newer, or returning players that are only in the 60 range? From what I am learning, L 70 is damn near impossible to hit from 65, and I am yet to get one of my toons to 65, my cleric being the closest at 63, and none of these guides help me very much, as I have ZERO ledgies, or any of this new gear. I've only been back to Rift maybe a bit more then a week, and have only gotten to 63, albeit I am playing a lower Rogue class up, so I'm no full time on my cleric.
    All some of us need is.....a good solid DPS build that will get us to 65, a good healing build for the same, and perhaps a nice build to help us carry our water in the daily dungeons, and adventures. If someone would like to either post up something that fits that, or explain how to use one of these builds without all the newer shinies it would be much appreciated.
    I've totally forgotten everything I relearned when I came back the last time some 3 years ago...

Thanks
    Its near impossible to write a guide for a spec for people that are still leveling from 1 to 70, simply because every single level will add a new ability, and requires you to spend new points. The guide would become so long and you would have to explain rotations ect over and over. This by it self would scare away nearly any new player as the guide would be come like 60 pages long.
    As for the current guides out there: You take the guide, you read what the legendary abilities do, and use the build without the 'legendary' abilities that add something to it. this works for pretty much any of the guides out there.
    Beside that guides are there to point people in the 'right' direction. But in the end its still up to the player to actually understand the soul or spec. just reading what the abilities actually do normally gives the answer your looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by banecrushr View Post

Thanks
    guide from levels 1-60 : dont use warden.
    guide from levels 60-65 : use this guide, minus legendaries no big loss.
    guide at level 70 : use this guide.

so, you need to heal a group of players, use purifier to put shields on them and spam sentinel skills. the only place where you need to do this is in dungeons. and low level dungeons are pretty easy. other than a few bosses, there is almost no need for AOE healing.

infact, you will gimp your tank healing (meaning, you will have a super difficult time keeping up the tank and ur mates) if you try going warden. trust me, i've tried.

warden is pretty weak at low levels, until you can get deeper into the soul.

and there's almost no raid content before level 65 anyway (that anyone actually does with a full group) so you dont "need" a warden anyway.

if you're hell bent on playing warden, then i suggest you ignore the legendaries and figure something out.

best of luck to you.
    Last edited by fantasyy; 07-13-2017 at 01:22 AM.
    "flurpphbtphbtpsplurrrrrtpoootis"
    a.k.a. slap matt

Plane Touched

hi, just a question, why not to trade +1% damage increase in oracle with inspiration of survival?

Soulwalker

Default Tidal Surges Buffs -- Problems

Hi there, i would like to share information about the "Tidal Surge" buff, cleric "warden" spec**
    I would like to combine it w/ "Legendary Healing Flood" which doesnt work properly.
    Lemme explain furthur more:
    even if I buff myself the "Tidal Surge" and it show an increase HPS gain on the skill..
    On the real "Buff Bar" it stay the same as if "Tidal Surges" havent buffed "Legendary Healing Flood" at all.
    I've test it w/ stack of "Soothing Stream" it work fine so if anyone can help me find a solution, Trion suck badly at it.. i think its a Bug that need to be fixed
    Thx for your concern,
    Bawbby@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Bawbby View Post
    Hi there, i would like to share information about the "Tidal Surge" buff, cleric "warden" spec**
    I would like to combine it w/ "Legendary Healing Flood" which doesnt work properly.
    Lemme explain furthur more:
    even if I buff myself the "Tidal Surge" and it show an increase HPS gain on the skill..
    On the real "Buff Bar" it stay the same as if "Tidal Surges" havent buffed "Legendary Healing Flood" at all.
    I've test it w/ stack of "Soothing Stream" it work fine so if anyone can help me find a solution, Trion suck badly at it.. i think its a Bug that need to be fixed
    Thx for your concern,
    Bawbby@Deepwood
    Its a bug that has been around since the release of legendary abilities, and has been reported several times. Sadly nothing has been done with it, and there's no way around it.

Rift Chaser

Why does water jet give two stacks of dangers of the deep?

+ Reply to Thread