+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By UnusualBunny

Thread: 4.0 Purifier

Default 4.3 Purifier

Rift SFP 4.3 - Cleric Purifier Guide - Updated on: 26th October 2017

I've noticed the cleric forums lack some up to date guides. There's still some good old ones out there that explain the skills well but without the current spec mentioned, what might make it confusing for new players or players with alts. Because of this i've decided to rewrite some of those guides while possibly copying some parts of the older guides and add the new specs + legendaries and posible changes in rotations. For this Purifier guide i have used Lyrine's guide as a reference.

Spec:
    61 Purifier | 8 Oracle | 7 Sentinel For more ST healing power and to be able to give party members extra buffs when there is no bard or oracle.
    61 Purifier | 8 Warden | 7 Sentinel For some extra AoE healing when needed.

Legendaries:

- Ward of Fire (purifier)
    - Flash of the Phoenix (purifier)
    - Flame of Life (purifier)
    - Wasting Insignia (oracle) or Healing Flood (warden)
    - Bolt of Light (sentinel)

Buffs:

Wisdom of the Ages (purifier)
    Caregiver's Blessing (purifier)
    Sign of Faith (purifier)
    Heroic Resolve (sentinel)
    Boon of Vitality (oracle) > overwritten with a raid support
    Inspiration of Battle (oracle) > overwritten with a raid support

Playstyle:

Like all healing specs purifier is about reacting to certain situations. There is no real set rotation.
    - Single Target healing

Rotation or Priority system:

Pre-pull:
    - Eruption on the tank
    - Latent Blaze on the tank(s)
    - 3 stacks of Healing Flood (when using warden)

Rotation:
    As mentioned above Purifier does not have a set Rotation its about reacting to the damage out put. The only 'rotation' is the following:
    2x Ward of Flame > (instant) Ward of Fire.

Because of Faith's Reward you can also:
    1x Ward of Flame > (instant) Ward of Scorching (if necessary)

Do note that casting instant Ward of Fires will consume Faith's Reward stacks even with the necessary stacks from Ward of Flames. Ward of Scorching casts are therefore not recommended, especially due to extremely high mana costs in a mana hungry spec and its likely a waste due to absorption cap.

1. Legendary Abilities

Keep up the legendary abilities at all times.
    - Bolt of Light when applied to an enemey it gives a buff that increases healing by 15%.
    - Wasting Insignia when applied to an enemey it gives a buff that increases healing by 20%. Wasting Insignia needs to be refreshed when the affected target dies.
    - Healing FLood stacks up 3 times, keep it up for extra AoE healing.

2. Symbols:

Symbol usage is very important to manage in Purifier. Placing a Symbol of the Sun (the stronger Symbol) on a target will increase all of your Fire-based healing by 20% on the target. It is important to keep this buff up at all times on all active tanks
    - Symbol of the Sun
    - Symbol of the Torch

Each type can only shield 3 targets at a time, though a target will only count towards the max if the symbol's absorption has not been fully used up. If you reapply a Symbol on a target beyond the max, the earliest Symbol applied will fall off.

Symbol of the Sun is the more powerful version of Symbol of the Torch; you want to save Sun for the tank and use Torch for spot shielding endangered members in a raid if you are not actively casting on the tank.

Casting a Symbol will cause the target to get Burnout, stopping the target from obtaining another Symbol until it is gone. Burnout can be removed by proccing Clear the Coals on the target (15% chance with mastery).

3. Wards and heals:

- Healing Flare
    - Healing Breath
    - Ward of Flame
    - Ward of Fire
    - Ward of Scorching

When channeling Ward of Flame you gain 3 stacks of Bless of the Flame that will cause the cast time of Ward of Fire to be reduced. At 6 stacks of Bless of the Flame you can instantly cast Ward of Fire.

4. Cool downs:

- Latent Blaze, can be put on multiple targets.
    - Flashover
    - Fiery Will
    - Spiritual Conflagration
    - Rite of the Forge
    - Gathering of Flames
    - Flame of Life
    - Flash of the Phoenix
    - Divine Favor, the newly updated mastery.

* Spiritual Conflagration, Rite of the Forge and Gathering of Flames will not stack on the same target. Meaning Spiritual Conflagration & Rite of the Forge will override Gathering of Flames and each other.
    * Gathering of Flames randomly shields 10 members in a raid.
    * Overal you want to use Fiery Will in combination with Rite of the Forge.
    * Flashover, Tidal Surge & Fiery Will do not affect Flame of Life.

5. Cleanses:

- Cauterize
    - Sterilize
    - Cauterizing Wave

It goes without saying that all the abilities mentioned above should be on your bars

Macros:

These are personal macros, make them fit to your own liking.

#show healing breath
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Healing breath
    cast healing flare

#show Flash of the phoenix
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Flash of the phoenix
    raid Battle Rez on %T

#show Cauterize
    suppressmacrofailures
    stopcasting
    cast @mouseoverui Cauterize
    cast @group01 Cauterize
    cast @group02 Cauterize
    cast @group03 Cauterize
    cast @group04 Cauterize
    cast @group05 Cauterize
    cast @group06 Cauterize
    cast @group07 Cauterize
    cast @group08 Cauterize
    cast @group09 Cauterize
    cast @group10 Cauterize
    cast @group11 Cauterize
    cast @group12 Cauterize
    cast @group13 Cauterize
    cast @group14 Cauterize
    cast @group15 Cauterize
    cast @group16 Cauterize
    cast @group17 Cauterize
    cast @group18 Cauterize
    cast @group19 Cauterize
    cast @group20 Cauterize

#show Fire Wall
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @gtae Fire Wall
    cast Fire Wall

Karuul-Alarts:
    These are my personal Karuul-alerts everybody has their own preferance so just fit them to your own liking.
    Code:
    KA::Ay99VeNqtk19L6zAYxr9K785dT9ImTWau2rmAoG6MijeD8tZmW7Am0kTFf9/dtENlrnB2QNK
    G9M3Dw/vrkyweOr3WqjuJJGi//eOipXqCrhFYlOK+hWfVDUvZv/uKHOUFpxNJspShlE2RQEEqw+h
    XS7324hQ8/F1dna2g1q32z5W+scatOr3ZemUfXLVV0GqzqRCuIG4aJzJKRMaQSNM4200oZsH21Xm
    4uXXvopwvprPLcrYMxfAMg4bmSlHMy3J+8bnZ17KhF/m2+IIsbOsju47O+w7GGPcFeZYQjNNc4oQ
    VCc5Pj0Z097rTvg5ueOBiCREMsQMu8RMmRQPMZ5mPYlyD8+G3RWfG6Y3RMEZyoMnJJGMBYoJlQgm
    i/5GXgkfVVbU2TR+WXVeNerShm/DRQHdrlHO79PjkFymLNvj2CCEP2cKdGg3sQGSsUUej1faursA
    YvdUteG3N1ykc4/ilU3gOXhkf+OBljykZmKTY288pIpJmMznNEceMk6PZ2sGmqnubAYtyHi4XFSm
    PyW5CMf93PAn6pvgATsNHfw
    I have not written a guide before so if you have any tips or comments please feel free to do so.

Bunny
    Last edited by UnusualBunny; 10-26-2017 at 03:20 AM. Reason: Spec update

Quote Originally Posted by UnusualBunny View Post
    - Latent Blaze on the tank(s)
    How do y recast Latent Blaze without Touch of light? 64 mastery?
    Inochisama Aokuro@Zaviel

Quote Originally Posted by Inochi View Post
    How do y recast Latent Blaze without Touch of light? 64 mastery?
    You pretty much answered your own question , but yes with the help of the 64 mastery the cast time gets reduced enough to make it worth while.

Added some small changes. Updated for 4.1

Do you prefer Sent or Puri for tank healing?
    (I'm aware SPEs are easy, but which do you think is better for SPEs/LFR?)
    Last edited by forbiddenlake; 04-07-2017 at 06:04 AM.

For dungeons it does not really matter what you play. I would say pick what you prefer to play.

As for the LFR in the rare occasion that people are actually using a ST healer i would go with Purifier. The shields still do their job on tanks and the changes to Eruption provide a decent amount of healing to the group as well. + Sterilize can be help full on Tarjulia removing a big debuff stack on players.

Hello.

In the Oracle soul why did you put 3 points in War Mentality instead of just 2 and used the other on Inspiration of Survival?

I mean, we're gonna be casting Wasting Insignia anyway, might as well use the absorb it gives, no?
    Last edited by Aleysha; 04-28-2017 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleysha View Post
    Hello.

In the Oracle soul why did you put 3 points in War Mentality instead of just 2 and used the other on Inspiration of Survival?

I mean, we're gonna be casting Wasting Insignia anyway, might as well use the absorb it gives, no?
    You can yes, the shield is so small i used to ignore it as your only using Wasting once every 20 seconds. But with the eruption change it's not like purifiers will be dealing any damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleysha View Post
    Hello.

Yes, but if there is a support (not sure about archon/bm), that raid buff will conflict with theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zehne View Post
    Yes, but if there is a support (not sure about archon/bm), that raid buff will conflict with theirs.
    It didnt over write the bard's Motif of Regeneration for some reason (might be because of legendary version), I checked today to be sure. Unless it overwrite's some other Motif for some strange reason, but that should not be the case.
    Last edited by UnusualBunny; 04-29-2017 at 08:38 AM.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by UnusualBunny View Post
    It didnt over write the bard's Motif of Regeneration for some reason (might be because of legendary version), I checked today to be sure. Unless it overwrite's some other Motif for some strange reason, but that should not be the case.
    Is legendary wasting insignia conflicting and overwriting other clerics normal wasting insignia as well?
    Last edited by Aedynn; 05-04-2017 at 08:49 AM.

Soulwalker

Is this still the go to for healing SPEs and tank healing raids?

Also, is Fire Wall only used for dps when no heals are needed or does it give some type of buff somewhere? I didn't see one, but I could be slightly blind.

One last thing, how do you guys handle when more than 2 people are taking quick ticks of damage or a big chunk out?

Again I'm fairly new to 70, so only running SPEs and eventually TD, but seeing all of my 5 man group take chunks of damage is overwhelming and I seriously go and blank for a second.

Any tips are appreciated!
    Last edited by Fragile; 06-25-2017 at 08:12 AM.

Soulwalker

I am just learning to heal on my Cleric, can you possibly post a screenie of your point spread in the Soul Tree?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ashloiren View Post
    I am just learning to heal on my Cleric, can you possibly post a screenie of your point spread in the Soul Tree?
    he has it on "Spec:"
    I would recomend you to learn sentinel or warden, no one plays puri these days

+ Reply to Thread