+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Viable 4.0 Hybrid cleric- The Defibralist! Solo Therapy.

Rift Disciple

Default Viable 4.0 Hybrid cleric- The Defibralist! Solo Therapy.

Why Rift over any other given MMO out there? Because Rift is intended to support hybrids. "Cabalist" isn't supposed to be a class... it's supposed to be a potential soul to take pieces of to make your OWN class. 61 points in anything is boring and unpatriotic. Let's go for a nice 38/38 Hybrid...

The Cabalist/Defiler... or... Defibralist.

https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...2G9854g/D|XJ_g

Is it "Meta?" NOPE. Metas belong in "That OTHER game." You may get kicked out of raids. You won't top PVP... thingies... but darn it, you'll have fun.

Why Cabalist? Because with ENOUGH big yellow numbers filling up the screen, sometimes I can forget that my wife isn't attracted to me anymore.

Why 38 points in defiler then, instead of just finishing off Cabalist? Because Grim Fate and Dark Impulses deep in defiler synergize great with cabalist. Seriously... that's actually pretty functional. ALSO... Bacon of Despair is amazingly useful. Defilers don't benefit from it hardly at all any more... but a Cabalist with a Bacon of Despair to take all your aggro and round people up for a beautiful circle of corpses.... priceless.

Why Druid? You'll have a CONSTANT stream of small number damage. 0 point legendary Fairy healer increases your survivability very noticeably. This could be replaced with 0 point inquisitor for legendary BoJ... but I hear that's getting nerfed because trion won't let us have nice things.

Make sure to take Legendary Condensed Obliteration for even more numbers to distract you from your crippling loneliness!

Some macros
    Basic Cabalist AoE doom sauce. (self explanatory.)
    Spoiler!

Single target spam button- This is probably not optimal... and it's a bit front-loaded with the delay of Tyranny and Marrow Harvest... But they work for me. Feel free to adjust if you're more compotent.
    Spoiler!

Curse of Discord... You don't need a macro for it because it's a built-in macro. Just keep this handy because clicking this once will apply 3 DoTs instantly.

crap, I need to heal!- You actually have a lot of built-in heals in this build... but sometimes Shadow Breach is the thing you need. But you don't want to instantly cancel the stealth with Auto-Obliteration... Hit this button twice to stop the auto-casting and start the healing.
    Spoiler!

If you're not worried about health because you're roflstomping easy stuff... Legendary Fairy Healer is really all you need. For "real fights" ... remember to cast Greed's corruption (increases incoming healing and gives you a husk shield) and Furious Infestation (for that healing you just increased). These greed DoTs and nukes do a good job making your single target damage less depressing. I generally also save Ravishing Darkness to be more of "damage when I need a heal" rather than just a little more damage.

Here's a couple settings in K-alert to help with rage and greed stacks. Put these Icons right above your Explosive Rage and Aggressive Averice... and when they pop up, push the button below them because you're at 5 stacks.
    Spoiler!

Yes... Sigils are a very strong tool for Cabalists... and the ones I skipped ARE good ones... for certain circumstances. But this build is very mobile and instant explosivey... so casting a sigil is often just a waste of a GCD. Sigil of Binding can be good to give you some space while rounding stuff up. I also keep Sigil of Woe relatively handy because when you need buff removal, it tends to be important. Otherwise, 90% of the time, after I drop my Bacon of Dispair, I generally only need 3 buttons.

And that's it. Trion, please note that these are things we LIKE. Please keep them. They are not OP. They're fun.

And what legendaries are you using besides the fairy?
    Last edited by WiseHermit; 01-15-2017 at 10:22 PM.

Rift Disciple

Good options-

1- Condensed Obliteration is great (as long as you turn it off when you're not trying to aggro things)
    2- your 0 point legendary of choice (I like fairy healer)

Ok options
    3- Shadow Touch- free DPS gain. Free no GCD bolt that also makes your next defiler ability stronger. Not great, but no down side.
    4- Rage Ext- when you have stacks of rage, you heal more and take less damage. It's OK, but any time you're at 5 stacks, you should be popping it anyway, so variably useful.
    5- aggressive avarice- heals you when you pop your greed stacks, up to 30% at full stacks... this one is pretty useful.

Bad choice-
    Unbounded obliteration- instead of free bound fate spam, your abilities very slightly debuff enemy damage dealt... doesn't seem noticable at all.
    ... the last defiler one? Miserly affliction I think... good for defilers primarily juggling stacks, but you don't really benefit as much from it, so I'd avoid it.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Mohrb View Post
    Why Rift over any other given MMO out there? Because Rift is intended to support hybrids.
    I guess you have not been paying attention to what is going on.. Keynes our class dev does not like HYBRIDS. they are too much of a pain for him to ballance (and requires him to work (sarcasm)). so hybrids have been killed and are NOT viable any more. The few that are still working will be dead after 4.1. keynes is pushing all 61 only builds period.

so this build will work for a few weeks. 4.1 all hybrids are gone. ty keynes
    Last edited by rhainstorm; 02-01-2017 at 02:12 PM.

The single target DPS on this build may be low but I can pull 300-500K with the AOE button, so this build maybe not be dead now or in the near future

But only time will tell...

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by rhainstorm View Post
    I guess you have not been paying attention to what is going on.. Keynes our class dev does not like HYBRIDS. they are too much of a pain for him to ballance (and requires him to work (sarcasm)). so hybrids have been killed and are NOT viable any more. The few that are still working will be dead after 4.1. keynes is pushing all 61 only builds period.

so this build will work for a few weeks. 4.1 all hybrids are gone. ty keynes
    Is this happening for all classes or just Clerics? I have had several of my friends already quit based on this agenda. The Beauty of Rift is that it allows hybrids. If it doesn't do that, then it's basicly every other dated MMO? I hope this gets resolved. All of us are playing less and less while we wait to see if coming back was a terrible mistake or not.

Hilarious Post, good read.
    Fwob - Zaviel

+ Reply to Thread