+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Shaman Easy Mode (300+)

Default Shaman Easy Mode (300+)

I am writing this guide for the playerbase who are still working on catching up on all the Legendary powers. This is an extremely simple build to play and is generally just meant for helping carry your weight in SPEs. I strongly suggest that once you get the basics of Shaman down, you move on to managing individual skills , as it will net more DPS.

The build: https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...lkll4/n8g|XcXw

Legendaries:

<Shaman>
    -Furious Assault-
    -Icy Blow-
    -Deep Freeze-

<Runeshaper>
    -Inscribe Fate-

<Inquisitor>
    -Bolt of Judgement-

I'm going to keep the breakdown short and sweet, since the tooltips are there to provide detailed information on what these actually do, and to keep from inundating new players with information.

Shaman is a melee based soul that uses Physical and Non Physical damage. The new Legendaries enhance and simplify the build and necessary spells.

Legendary Icy Blow provides a stacking buff that grants 15% extra Air/Water damage per stack (up to 4), Legendary Furious assault basically allows Glacial Strike to be casted at any time, and Legendary Deep Freeze mostly just increases the duration of its effect.
    Legendary Inscribe fate provides a 15% damage buff on its applied target, and Bolt of Judgement now has a chance to be cast anytime you use a non Inquisitor skill.

The rotation (be in melee range always or as much as possible, obviously):

Inscribe fate-> Icy Blow x4-> Deep Freeze/Rage of the North Macro (until Glacial Strike Casts)-> Rush of Strength-> Deep Freeze Macro (until Massive blow casts)-> Spam

You can throw a Lightning Hammer in anywhere after Massive Blow is on cooldown.

Macros:

Main Spam:
    #show Icy Blow
    Suppressmacrofailures
    cast frozen wrath
    cast Glacial Strike
    cast massive blow
    cast punishing strike
    cast Icy Blow
    cast Ekkehard's Grasp
    cast glacial shield

Deep Freeze/ROTN:
    #show Deep Freeze
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Rage of the North
    cast Deep Freeze
    cast massive blow
    cast glacial strike

That's basically it. It's extremely simple and effective. Just a couple caveats to know:

-Massive Blow and Glacial might not always line up perfectly after the first Cooldown rotation , due to this being a very minimally manageable macro. You can ignore this and just pop the cooldowns and go back to your spam (It will work itself out, sometimes at a DPS loss) until you get better at keeping track of them or space it out and play it properly
    - I prefer to list Swift Judgement as the level 63 mastery, as this is meant to be a very simplified version of Shaman, but some testing might show Faith's Freedom and Sanction Heretic as a DPS boost. Your call
    -This build has SOME ranged abilities built into the macro, but is pretty much junk if it has to disconnect for longer than 5 seconds or so

Feel free to send me a tell on any of the toon names in my signature with questions. All of them are on Deepwood.

saved for later

I'm pretty sure Burninalways already made a guide very very similar to this one... Just saying

Quote Originally Posted by WiseHermit View Post
    I'm pretty sure Burninalways already made a guide very very similar to this one... Just saying
    No, his is still using Phys/Non Phys splits and some more buttons than this. Did you read both?

#show Rush of Strength
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Rush of Strength
    cast Massive Blow

Helps increase the DPS a bit....

Quote Originally Posted by WiseHermit View Post
    #show Rush of Strength
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Rush of Strength
    cast Massive Blow

Helps increase the DPS a bit....
    Eh, not really. Preference thing. I have NP keeping track of what's up next, I generally get MB->IB->GS->ROS->MB , for max brutalize uptime.

But, I'm also not the target audience for this. Just had a couple reaaallly bad SPEs with clerics who were struggling to understand the guides posted. I wanted to put up something super condensed and simple

Shaman will be nerf with next Balance Patch, so our 1st and 2nd Damage Sources gonna get nerf so in addition the rest of Air/Water damage skills too. Legendary Icy Blow will add 48% Air/Water dmg instead of 60% (12% per charge down from 15%) so around 12% less damage for almost every Shaman skill but Massive Blow and Punishing Strike; and the Legendary BoJ will have a 6sec internal GCD, so it will do like 600% less dmg now.

R.I.P. Shaman.
    Last edited by Shelenia; 12-16-2016 at 07:05 PM.
    Legendary Arkkam, The Dragon Tamer.
    Cleric of Inner Circle, Gelidra.
    Formerly known as Franark of Apotheosys, Typhiria

R.I.P. and this was my most favorite spec to....

WTF can't they have all classes balanced in this game?

Is there another soul you can recommend that comes standard with the game other than Runeshaper?

Soulwalker

Shaman got hit with nerfbat. Not worth playing currently.

The nerf's on the classes were not supposed to take place until 4.1 I believe, unless someone lied and they already happened...

Fia

Quote Originally Posted by Ketoaru View Post
    Shaman got hit with nerfbat. Not worth playing currently.
    Funny thing is we've been telling Keyens that it's been nerfed too heavily but he just flat out ignores us.

FeelsBadMan :(((
    Last edited by Fia; 01-27-2017 at 05:13 PM.
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

Now with new Prime Content! -> http://youtube.com/astheatv

Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    Funny thing is we've been telling Keyens that it's been nerfed too heavily but he just flat out ignores us.

FeelsBadMan ((
    What do you expect from someone who has this forums' signature?

Keyens: "Warriors and Rogues for life!"

Anyway, i didn't test myself the last changes to shaman on PTS:

From January 10th 2017
    CLERIC
    Shaman
    Jolt base Damage increased by roughly 40%.

It has its point, but definitely it isn't enough nor even with Legendary Glacial Shield to catch up with the lost of Bolt of Judgment proc damage. Shaman is worse than Inquisitor nowadays so after the changes it gonna be useless same as Druid, totally useless in a real PvE encounter/raid/dungeon due to the "charges" mechanic and how it works, Defiler gets a big nerf to Legendary Miserly Affliction too, 20% dmg reduction. Runeacle won't be able anymore due to Legendary Rune of Alacrity now reduces cast times by 2.5s base (4s talented).

So our future options will be 61 Runeshaper or 61 Inquisitor (nerfed), Cabalist stills there but of course it's only a 5+target spec.
    Legendary Arkkam, The Dragon Tamer.
    Cleric of Inner Circle, Gelidra.
    Formerly known as Franark of Apotheosys, Typhiria

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast