+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Killerloose
  • 1 Post By Tychessa

Thread: Legendary Quick Runeshaper Guide

Plane Touched

Default Legendary Quick Runeshaper Guide

BUG: Rune of Travail does not refresh legendary Seal of Vulnerability. So, you do DPS ability>RoT>SoV>BoL every refresh, before your impending doom is back up.

Spec:
    Runeshaper: 61 Runeshaper, 10 Inquisitor, 5 Sentinel

Alternative Spec:
    Runeacle: 41 Oracle, 31 Runeshaper, 4 Sentinel
    Spoiler!

Redundant Spec:
    48 Runeshaper, 28 Inquisitor, 0 Sentinel
    Spoiler!

Masteries:
    Level 61 - Avenging Shield (you can choose any)
    Level 62 - Blessing of Penitence (you can choose any)
    Level 63 - Faith's Freedom
    Level 64 - Diversify
    Level 65 - Soul Stream

Legendaries:
    Bolt of Judgement - Non Inquisitor abilities have a chance to apply this
    Rune of Smiting - 100% Critical hit
    Seal of Vulnerability - On ability use of Rune of Smiting, Seal of Vulnerability will explode to 20% of Rune of Smiting damage
    Rune of Impending Doom - Applies Runelord Inscription
    Bolt of Light - 15% more damage from non-sentinel abilities

Buffs:
    Rune Vessel
    Armor of Devotion

Opening Rotation:
    Runefall for diversify stacks
    V
    Seal of Vulnerability
    V
    Bolt of Light
    V
    Seal of Pain
    V
    Inscribe Fate
    V
    Rune of Soul Binding(full cast)
    V
    Runelord's Inscription>(Build 3 Smiting Force stacks and 4 stacks of Hasty Inscription and then use Rune of Smiting)Rune of Power is usually best used for when you don't have enough Smiting Force stacks, as it allows instant cast of Rune of Castigation which gives a stack of Smiting Force
    V
    REFRESH Both of the Seals via Rune of Travail and Damage increase via Bolt of Light
    V
    Rune of Impending Doom>(Build 3 Smiting Force stacks and 4 stacks of Hasty Inscription and then use Rune of Smiting)
    V
    REFRESH Seals via Rune of Travail and Damage increase via Bolt of Light OR use any ability that is available, until Rune of Impending Doom is back up
    V
    REPEAT
    Concept:
    4 stacks of Hasty Inscription + 3 stacks of Smiting Force = Use Rune of Smiting

You build Hasty Inscription stack by ability: Runestrike

You build Smiting Force stacks by abilities: Rune of Castigation procs, Inscribed Fate, Rune of Soul Binding, Rune of Power and Rune of Impending Doom

Rotation:
    There is no set rotation.Our basic priority is to build 4 stacks of Hasty Inscription using Runestrikes and 3 stacks of Smiting Force using either Rune of Castigation procs, Inscribed Fate, Rune of Soul Binding, Rune of Power and Rune of Impending Doom, which will amplify Rune of Smiting damage by 300% and become instant cast.

By casting many Runestrikes, we increase the chance of Runelord procs; alongside Rune of Impending Doom, our Runestrikes are reduced to 1s gcd. This not only allows to ramp the necessary stacks quicker, but effectively give us an Inquisitor playstyle.

Rune of Impending Doom is a great legendary as it allows accumulation of Smiting Force stacks alongside your Hasty Inscription stacks via instant cast of Runestrikes. You want to build 4 stacks of Hasty Inscription and 3 stacks of Smiting Force and then Rune of Smiting.

You can build up to 8 Hasty Inscription stacks, but in reality 6/7 stacks is achievable as you want to use Rune of Castigation procs when they occur; regardless of having 3 Smiting Force stacks, and using Rune of Smiting at 4 stacks, during Impending Doom.

Abilities Rune of Soul Binding/ Sanction Heretic/ Soul Stream, are fillers now.

For target swapping you want to apply your seals and then a filler/ Runestrikes.

For AOE use Greater Rune of Agony, where majority of mobs are grouped up, then spam Aoe macro (Runefall), until you need to reapply Greater Rune of Agony again.

Use Greater Rune of Energy and Mana potions for mana issues

Macros:

Instant Rune of Castigation
    Code:
    #Show Rune of Power
    Suppressmacrofailures
    Cast Rune of Power
    Cast Rune of Castigation
    2min CD Macro
    Code:
    #show Runelord’s Inscription
    suppressmacrofailures
    Cast Runelord’s Inscription
    Cast Runestrike
    Aoe Spam
    Code:
    #show Runefall
    Suppressmacrofailures
    cast @gtae Runefall
    There are no macros, except the ones stated above. If you are moving, use Sanction Heretic/ Soul Stream/ Refresh your Seals and Bolt of Light, but with the the low gcd of ability, Rune of Impending Doom, it be back up fast and you can continue spamming Runestrikes again.

Numbers vary depending on gear now. I pull 270-280k with Expert Gear, Open World Wand, NMT essences, no fragments, Self Buffed, No Pa stones. I believe up to 350k should be achievable on 67 dummy.

Any mistakes/addition that needs to be done please say and I will correct it in time.
    Last edited by Killerloose; 12-15-2016 at 07:58 PM.

Any one that has tried 47 runeshaper with defiler? it would allow you to pick up miserly affliction play style will be obnoxious mostly likely ^.^. Haven't had much time to play recently so unable to test it myself.

Soulwalker

Sh-1t, good effort tho killer <3

i hear zojah is making a guide on it should hit him up for some advice
    Last edited by Tychessa; 11-29-2016 at 03:22 PM.

Rift Disciple

Currently Rune of Travail does not refresh Legendary Seal of Vulnerability (it puts the normal one up instead) as of Hotfix 4. It's a significant hit to overall Runeshaper DPS, and a more optimal DPS rotation would involve actually manually refreshing Seal of Vulnerability and ignoring Seal of Pain as of right now.
    Lyrine@Deepwood <-Virus->
    RIP <Nephilim>
    RIP <White Fang>

Rift Disciple

The Runeacle spec listed here is not the top DPS version nor is the rotation correct (even accounting for bugs). Good job though, you almost got the point spread!
    Last edited by Lyrine; 12-15-2016 at 10:15 AM.
    RIP <Nephilim>
    RIP <White Fang>

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrine View Post
    The Runeacle spec listed here is not the top DPS version nor is the rotation correct (even accounting for bugs). Good job though, you almost got the point spread!
    can enlighten me what i did wrong with spec and rotation please, Im not seeing where i went wrong. As i said i haven't talked to anyone that knows the spec. it is either eoa>roc or eoa>eoi>roc and then eoa>eoi>ros. my breakdown is exactly the same as "bubbles" and from 1 other person i seen play it. we need 41 for defend leaving 35. i tried specing higher into rs but then lose the 20s burst without defend so it has to be 41. i speced into everything that buffs dps as much as possible as well. maybe inq instead of sentinel, but dont think it will make up for the 15%dmg, so has to be sent as well with bol.

i know you wrote u wanted to make a guide so make it for the community please so i can delete the wrong spec or i can change the one written with your help

Rift Disciple

For now, please amend the rotation to exclude Seal of Pain/Rune of Travail. They are a big DPS loss since the RoT refresh doesn't work properly (this is only for Runeacle; it's pretty close for 61 Runeshaper).

BIG HINT: Runelord's Inscription is not necessary in the spec.
    Last edited by Lyrine; 12-15-2016 at 01:51 PM.
    RIP <Nephilim>
    RIP <White Fang>

Plane Touched

For now, please amend the rotation to exclude Seal of Pain/Rune of Travail. They are a big DPS loss since the RoT refresh doesn't work properly (this is only for Runeacle; it's pretty close for 61 Runeshaper).

BIG HINT: Runelord's Inscription is not necessary in the spec.
    yeh i agree that refreshing (rot>sov>bol) seal of pain with rune of travail is a dps loss, actually game me 10k dps by not refreshing it. Thought they would have fixed it this week, but guess not. as for not including runelord, that would mean 31RS/41Oracle/4Sent. when i play this spec its a dps loss, especially at burst phase, no where even close if runelord was included. at around 50s in i'm still at 350kdps where as without it i be 100k less.

But yes runelord isn't needed all it does is reduce gcd and with 6points init, it can be used somewhere else. will try it in experts tmrw or something see how good it is.
    Last edited by Killerloose; 12-15-2016 at 02:55 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Killerloose View Post
    yeh i agree that refreshing (rot>sov>bol) seal of pain with rune of travail is a dps loss, actually game me 10k dps by not refreshing it. Thought they would have fixed it this week, but guess not. as for not including runelord, that would mean 31RS/41Oracle/4Sent. when i play this spec its a dps loss, especially at burst phase, no where even close if runelord was included. at around 50s in i'm still at 350kdps where as without it i be 100k less.

But yes runelord isn't needed all it does is reduce gcd and with 6points init, it can be used somewhere else. will try it in experts tmrw or something see how good it is.
    Runelord's buffs your burst but makes your overall damage significantly lower since you lose 8% SP and 12% ST damage. It's not really worth it for a single 2 minute CD. You basically get an extra 3 RoC/1 RoS every two minutes for significantly lower damage on every other RoC/RoS you cast.

If you played the parse out correctly, you shouldn't dip below 300k at any point in time, even if you're like me and still have a full set of NT essences.
    Last edited by Lyrine; 12-15-2016 at 04:00 PM.
    RIP <Nephilim>
    RIP <White Fang>

Plane Touched

Runelord's buffs your burst but makes your overall damage significantly lower since you lose 8% SP and 12% ST damage. It's not really worth it for a single 2 minute CD. You basically get an extra 3 RoC/1 RoS every two minutes for significantly lower damage on every other RoC/RoS you cast.

If you played the parse out correctly, you shouldn't dip below 300k at any point in time, even if you're like me and still have a full set of NT essences.
    Yeh my gear is pretty bad, using nmt essence/no frags, openworld wand, coa healing trinket, no seal/crystal

I still parse around the same numbers on the 67dummy, but dummies are weird. The 31 build should be better because of the increase in stats and its definitely hitting harder. Think the 35 build is more towards pvp. Funny thing is, first few tries i specced without runelord because it has no use but then i saw its burst potential and thought maybe it was this.. anyways corrected the guide

Isp
    General of Telara

Is runacle still viable in 4.1? And if not what should be used for support in 4,1?
    Last edited by Isp; 04-15-2017 at 02:08 AM.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Rift Disciple

If you have an archon or BM in the party, it's still decent; you just have to hardcast 1.4 sec Castigations. - If no Archon/BM, swap out yer 64 mastery to Faith's Reward. The instant cast Legendary Alacrity will then give you 4sec down on yer cast time + 0.5sec from the mastery, leaving you with the (almost) same 1.5 sec cast time. There's no reason to do both due to the 1.5sec GCD. It will be down a small % due to the mastery change, but my very ****ty geared (65 essences, no legendary weapon, etc) cleric can maintain ~220k; whereas 61rs i stay around ~250 vs ~280 inquis.

+ Reply to Thread