+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 61 sent healing build

Telaran

Default 61 sent healing build

61/7/8

This isn't technically a guide. I find that everyone has their own personal way of healing, you may find my spec to be inefficient and I may find yours to be the same. I'm just going to breakdown how I've been playing this quite simple and effective healing build in dungeons.

Legendaries!
    Light of Redemption
    Banish
    Healing Communion
    Healing Flood
    Flame Lance

Buffs!
    Faith Reward
    Marked by the Light
    Healer's Blessing
    Sign of Wrath
    Light of Redemption
    Diving Favor cast on self first (I'll always cast on tank and the two squishiest dps)
    Wrathful Exuberence (cast on tank)

Cooldowns!
    Nyol's Hope. Strong CD increasing healing done for 5 next single target heals. Use for tank.

Fullness of life. Strong ST heal, primarily used for tank but can be situational

Healer's Haste. Reduces cast time of next 5 healing spells. 30%. Cast times are already below the GCD, I haven't actually used this once.

Healer's Covenant. Reduces damage taken by 40%. Helpful when you use Reverent Supplication.

Touch the Light. One instant cast, reduced mana. Best used on Cruical Invocation for mana cost.

Urgency. Movement speed +50% for 10s on a single target.

Renewed Altruism. Resets cooldown on all sentinel abilities except Lifes return (battle res).

Vigilance. 2min CD off the GCD. Big heal on killing blow or if target drops below 20%.

Talent points!
    61 points into Sentinel
    5 into Spirit Guidance and 2 into Intensity for Purifier
    5 into Strength of the Deep and 3 into Ocean's Bounty for Warden

Keep up Flame Lance as much as possible. Obviously don't use it in times where a single GCD means tank death. It has a 2.0s cast time but can be instant with Faith's Reward.

How I AoE with this build!

Keep up 3 stacks of healing flood on the group at all times. If there is a lull in the damage but you know something is coming, you can pre-cast healing spray. During group damage, spam Healing Communion but don't just keep one person as a target, cycle through the group. The person you're targeting when you cast any invocation, including Legendary Healing Communion, will have Legendary Banish, and Lights Redemption applied to them. Legendary Light of Redemption will heal targets this buff on them whenever you cast an invocation. If you need to spot heal someone, use Crucial Invocation on them. Mana is not an issu when spamming Healing Communion as it costs no mana and restores mana when used.

How I tank heal

I honestly just keep healing flood and 3 stacks of Healing Flood on the tank and spam Healing Invocation or, if I need harder hitting heals, I'll cast Crucial Invocation. If the tank isn't getting hit very hard, i'll even spam Healing Communion to keep my mana. However, if the tank is getting hit hard and you need to spam Crucial Invocation, refer to the mana section below.

Healing While Moving!

With the Faith's Reward mastery, you can be effective on the move as well!. Although you need to weave in a wasted GCD in between every cast, you can continuously move while healing. This is particularly useful in dungeon groups where the tank likes to pull tons of mobs and not wait for you. Just cast Healing flood once, then use Crucial Invocation for ST, or Healing Communion for AoE. Any time you cast Healing Flood you gain 3 stacks of Faith's reward, making pretty much all of your sentinel healing spells instant cast. (Probably a bug, but may as well use it to advantage now).

Mana in this build

Mana for this build can be an issue when you're healing squishier tanks, until you get more gear. I found, before I became pimped out with full dungeon gear and 70 essences, that I had to spam Crucial Invocation which would drain your mana. Now I'm in a position where I can spam Subtle Invocation on most tanks, or even Healing Communion.

If you ever run into mana issues during a fight, just use Reverent Supplication, cast a few quick cast heals and be on with the fight. Certain times though, you may need to use this while the tank is getting destroyed (I.E. Pull to many mobs for their gear). If this happens and you're low on mana, use Reverent Supplication, cast a few spells, then remove the buff so your heals don't get gimped by 50%.

NOTE: During this time you can also make use of Fullness of Life for a huge tank heal, Vigilance to prevent 1 death or if they drop below 20%. I also suggest, if you can, saving Healer's Covenant for when you need to go into Reverent Supplication during hard times.

I think that's all I can say. I won't post HPS numbers because those are a little moot. I've been anywhere from 10k to 90k depending on how much damage the group is taking, or if there is a primalist tank in the group. If there is a primality tanking you can kind of just afk since they do your job for you.

PM Lindrinsi@Greybriar if you have any questions or feel free to reply with a post!
    Last edited by qqmoarploxify; 11-28-2016 at 02:34 PM.

Shield of Telara

You should include Vigilance in the cooldowns section.

Also,

Keep up Flame Lance as much as possible. Obviously don't use it in times where a single GCD means tank death. It has a 2.0s cast time but can be instant with Divine Favor.
    And finally Healing Flare is another option for instant spam to get some Faith's Reward stacks.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Trauumhaft View Post
    You should include Vigilance in the cooldowns section.

Also,

And finally Healing Flare is another option for instant spam to get some Faith's Reward stacks.
    Thanks for catching that!

As for Healing Flare, you would have to use it twice times to get the instant cast. If tank damage is enough to warrant it you could use it as a filler but I haven't come into the situation yet where it's been needed.

Default Where to put the points?

Sorry to be so blunt but in which boxes do I put the soul points? Did I miss a linked picture or explanation?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by qqmoarploxify View Post
    Talent points!
    61 points into Sentinel
    Light of Redemption
    Banish
    Healing Communion
    Healing Flood
    Flame Lance
    for legendaries
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Oops I did miss it! Thank you❤️

How about Masteries?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by qqmoarploxify View Post
    61/7/8

This isn't technically a guide. I find that everyone has their own personal way of healing, you may find my spec to be inefficient and I may find yours to be the same. I'm just going to breakdown how I've been playing this quite simple and effective healing build in dungeons.

Legendaries!
    Light of Redemption
    Banish
    Healing Communion
    Healing Flood
    Flame Lance

Buffs!
    Faith Reward
    Marked by the Light
    Healer's Blessing
    Sign of Wrath
    Light of Redemption
    Diving Favor cast on self first (I'll always cast on tank and the two squishiest dps)
    Wrathful Exuberence (cast on tank)

Cooldowns!
    Nyol's Hope. Strong CD increasing healing done for 5 next single target heals. Use for tank.

Fullness of life. Strong ST heal, primarily used for tank but can be situational

Healer's Haste. Reduces cast time of next 5 healing spells. 30%. Cast times are already below the GCD, I haven't actually used this once.

Healer's Covenant. Reduces damage taken by 40%. Helpful when you use Reverent Supplication.

Touch the Light. One instant cast, reduced mana. Best used on Cruical Invocation for mana cost.

Urgency. Movement speed +50% for 10s on a single target.

Renewed Altruism. Resets cooldown on all sentinel abilities except Lifes return (battle res).

Vigilance. 2min CD off the GCD. Big heal on killing blow or if target drops below 20%.

Talent points!
    61 points into Sentinel

Keep up Flame Lance as much as possible. Obviously don't use it in times where a single GCD means tank death. It has a 2.0s cast time but can be instant with Faith's Reward.

How I AoE with this build!

Keep up 3 stacks of healing flood on the group at all times. If there is a lull in the damage but you know something is coming, you can pre-cast healing spray. During group damage, spam Healing Communion but don't just keep one person as a target, cycle through the group. The person you're targeting when you cast any invocation, including Legendary Healing Communion, will have Legendary Banish, and Lights Redemption applied to them. Legendary Light of Redemption will heal targets this buff on them whenever you cast an invocation. If you need to spot heal someone, use Crucial Invocation on them. Mana is not an issu when spamming Healing Communion as it costs no mana and restores mana when used.

How I tank heal

I honestly just keep healing flood and 3 stacks of Healing Flood on the tank and spam Healing Invocation or, if I need harder hitting heals, I'll cast Crucial Invocation. If the tank isn't getting hit very hard, i'll even spam Healing Communion to keep my mana. However, if the tank is getting hit hard and you need to spam Crucial Invocation, refer to the mana section below.

Healing While Moving!

With the Faith's Reward mastery, you can be effective on the move as well!. Although you need to weave in a wasted GCD in between every cast, you can continuously move while healing. This is particularly useful in dungeon groups where the tank likes to pull tons of mobs and not wait for you. Just cast Healing flood once, then use Crucial Invocation for ST, or Healing Communion for AoE. Any time you cast Healing Flood you gain 3 stacks of Faith's reward, making pretty much all of your sentinel healing spells instant cast. (Probably a bug, but may as well use it to advantage now).

Mana in this build

Mana for this build can be an issue when you're healing squishier tanks, until you get more gear. I found, before I became pimped out with full dungeon gear and 70 essences, that I had to spam Crucial Invocation which would drain your mana. Now I'm in a position where I can spam Subtle Invocation on most tanks, or even Healing Communion.

If you ever run into mana issues during a fight, just use Reverent Supplication, cast a few quick cast heals and be on with the fight. Certain times though, you may need to use this while the tank is getting destroyed (I.E. Pull to many mobs for their gear). If this happens and you're low on mana, use Reverent Supplication, cast a few spells, then remove the buff so your heals don't get gimped by 50%.

NOTE: During this time you can also make use of Fullness of Life for a huge tank heal, Vigilance to prevent 1 death or if they drop below 20%. I also suggest, if you can, saving Healer's Covenant for when you need to go into Reverent Supplication during hard times.

I think that's all I can say. I won't post HPS numbers because those are a little moot. I've been anywhere from 10k to 90k depending on how much damage the group is taking, or if there is a primalist tank in the group. If there is a primality tanking you can kind of just afk since they do your job for you.

PM Lindrinsi@Greybriar if you have any questions or feel free to reply with a post!
    Since you didn't seam to include any macros ill post the ones I have I use these because even if i'm moving I'm still always casting a heal also after you have used any of the macros 3-4 times it'll cast invocation due to faiths reward stacking.

#show Healing Invocation
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast [shift] Touch the Light
    cast Healing Invocation
    cast Healing Breath
    cast Symbol of the Torch
    cast Healing Flare

#show Subtle Invocation
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Subtle Invocation
    cast Healing Breath
    cast Symbol of the Torch
    cast Healing Flare

#show Crucial Invocation
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Crucial Invocation
    cast Healing Breath
    cast Symbol of the Torch
    cast Healing Flare

CD Macros use as you want

CD tank + movement speed.

#show Healer's Covenant
    cast Healer's Covenant
    cast Urgency

CD tank + movment speed.
    #show Vigilance
    cast Vigilance
    cast Urgency

Big CD block press twice if you want

#show Healer's Haste
    cast Healer's Haste
    cast Nyol's Hope

Cleanse
    #show Empowering Light
    cast Empowering Light
    cast Cleansing Prayer

Usefull Kalerts to track stacks + Flame lance + Flood stacks use at your own risk

KA::AjgJ1eNqlUl1LwzAU/St788l50zbJSp76FRREZVSfBiVrsy4Y09EGx1D/u2m3ufkFQ7kJuck
    93HvOIVyLJznSwpSSIZazlRYb2Q4p7/dQvh7KERDIUhykHuJe7OGQgcNxF+BiqhaWpcKKi9n91Uz
    MlVZ2U6iyMd1s2ehNt5Zy5ZfjquoYCSYMk5C5wy3kgiXZTZ5N+ wyG8MFNz/fPw424SW7e66UUWrb
    dKGmepRHGfufN2RZzdgSKEMQJmWQk8KmHk4CezF60lTS2qJrSt srIAlAhBhkUECOe9wcZ4GQ8qFp
    99X1sRVtL+yHjgIkwpTilwJMwjHlv4Kn051qZSplaq3pp0c5/6oj7//Df9Rtx3TTVT5/mMyBCEyC
    xsz+IcejTJD2Z+Xpw/ny5bVcs+nY744FhCkf8Xzorysfu7Tcd+e3dQQrfS3kH0ELmDA
    Last edited by Sioya; 01-04-2017 at 04:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurakai View Post
    Sorry to be so blunt but in which boxes do I put the soul points? Did I miss a linked picture or explanation?
    Here ya go

Legendaries:

Warden*
    • Healing Flood

Purifier
    • Flame Lane

Sentinel
    • Banish
    • Healing Communion
    • Light of Redemption

* For PVP the better option is for Waterjet as a Legendary. You'd also redo the soul point spread. Something like this instead.
    Last edited by Riane; 01-04-2017 at 12:22 PM.

For warfronts which is basically all we have right now- i dont know about raids and have no intent on healing them.:
    so if youre looking to go completely single target (in which i out-heal most people who are not fully aoe) here's my tree. (i mean its still not fully st because i use healing communion plus reverent supplication for a quick mana fill up-- typically about 3 casts and of course divine favor) here is my tree. I prefer it either way because healing spray/flood are HOTs and takes time to heal where as most damage comes in bursts). I use druids faerie because it self heals me which is particularly helpful since I get marked pretty quickly and it allows me more focus on the raid, and when I am holding stones etc-an important objective in SPE since all but codex require it. Ill get around to making a guide, maybe this weekend since a lot of people have been asking me to.. 61 sent healing build-2016-12-29_193220.jpg
    Last edited by Dragynkyn; 01-06-2017 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    * For PVP the better option is for Waterjet as a Legendary. You'd also redo the soul point spread.
    we will have to agree to disagree here. %healing when you are healing single target or othewise way outweighs a cc. Let the damage classes cc. They have their job, we have ours.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragynkyn View Post
    we will have to agree to disagree here. %healing when you are healing single target or othewise way outweighs a cc. Let the damage classes cc. They have their job, we have ours.
    There is nothing to disagree with here because you're completely wrong for the reasoning behind Waterjet. It's not for cc.

It's for the 3% damage mitigation that is passive, on top of still retaining the spec'd passives from Warden + healing soul gift.

I also said redo the soul tree point spread (but gave the wrong link) because you don't want to have points wasted in Warden - Ocean's Bounty when aren't using the Healing Flood legendary. Those points can be put back in Purifier instead. Or wherever you want in Warden (mana, crit % w/e).
    Last edited by Riane; 01-06-2017 at 05:17 PM.

Again. it depends on what you are doing with the sent build. if you are going in there to single target dots aren't ideal in the first place so warden isnt ideal. Considering we have an abundance of rogues playing tact, we generally have plenty of ae heals and a good st healer can make or break a warfront. If you are looking to throw numbers up then by all means. Good luck getting through bursts which is why I can heal through 2-3 dps on me while I can burn through 90% of the sents out there when I am dpsing with relative ease simply by interrupting one of their casts and debuffing. My build is doing well enough in wfs that it ranks number one most of the time and I am tanky because of the faerie. Granted damage mitigation wouldn't show there, but I still will stand behind my spec 100%. As will others who have come to me for help and those whom I have healed. 3% damage mitigation vs faerie + 15% healing incoming healing regardless of who its on me or anyone? ill take the later. And whether you believe it or not its working so it makes no difference.
    Last edited by Dragynkyn; 01-06-2017 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragynkyn View Post
    Again. it depends on what you are doing with the sent build. if you are going in there to single target dots aren't ideal in the first place so warden isnt ideal. Considering we have an abundance of rogues playing tact, we generally have plenty of ae heals and a good st healer can make or break a warfront. If you are looking to throw numbers up then by all means. Good luck getting through bursts which is why I can heal through 2-3 dps on me while I can burn through 90% of the sents out there when I am dpsing with relative ease simply by interrupting one of their casts and debuffing. My build is doing well enough in wfs that it ranks number one most of the time and I am tanky because of the faerie. Granted damage mitigation wouldn't show there, but I still will stand behind my spec 100%. As will others who have come to me for help and those whom I have healed. 3% damage mitigation vs faerie + 15% healing incoming healing regardless of who its on me or anyone? ill take the later. And whether you believe it or not its working so it makes no difference.

You seem to regard my post as the end-all-be-all of Sentinel specs. I don't care what your point allocation is. It was a mere suggestion if the person was going to keep Warden and for PVP to go with Waterjet.

Making a mountain out of a spec of sand and tl;dr

Edit: Dots? Do you mean hots? Don't use Healing Spray and keeping up Healing Flood isn't a concern. Just because the abilities are there doesn't mean you're using them nor did I ever mention them at all. So you rambling about AOE heals... You're 61 POINTS INTO SENTINEL. I think that's obvious. You're going Warden for Waterjet legendary. You can put all your 15 points into Purifier for stats or toss em into Warden for passives. You want self-survivability because you can't stay alive on your own without the Fairy, then go Druid. And if it makes no difference, why reply?
    Last edited by Riane; 01-06-2017 at 08:04 PM. Reason: words are hard

Default some KAlerts

For those wanting to track Faith's Reward
    KA:Faith's Reward:anyAueNotjsEKwjAMhl9lN28zQ5FBxIuuIIiHOW+DEr e6BUsna0SG+O62Q
    76EJHw5/JhhhU9LkxkxripCLP3CJ6V509iiG5zBFQQdJQRKvgseSGhZX48 13diyTJqbwfl65K4XM
    7y87g1Zdp2GTFPath5zgLnXeaws8PFCzcN/k50iL8nFOGFn7BZPhar2xbkqyvCFkMIqTIgpYsS/m
    a/NnEn9AHARPgU
    Also, if you have a regular group, your tank may want to know you aint failing by giving them this "Caregiver's Blessing" tracker, and who it's come from (if important).
    KA:Caregiver's Blessing:aJPP5eNotjsEKgzAMQH9lt922Vqds5GQ7C7vsIO4m jEyrBESlKQM
    Z+/fVMl4CySMhAQk1LCOu1sFWmoBGZwd6W7fnnRotM00DFKnJCqNU nuhS6ySTIMLCNi4CFfUeruj
    x2DxuDb5oJL8+qZ0nbnghR37uGWnynB66jiETAi4hT+ctZODTI nvrvqDLe11WwUQtIRXxrb+OXR6
    vmh++vzj/
    As mentioned above, Flame Lance is a good one to track too. Here's an alert that tells you to use it, when you clearly haven't
    KA:Flame Lance:acJTYeNpNjs0KwjAQhF+lT6BJ/6jsSdssCMVDqScrsqYRA7EtJiB9e7fFg8zs
    YXYXvgEJLUyOZvMGCcgBAR29TFTToA3sRS5UlaVVLDE+xNkOEr E+IghWYx8BKgq07c7Hju7W2TDf
    rB4H3z1HN/uPMVOiN33vIRMCCp60WCxZJfkQXf5wV6gVtqU6tarhO3uBMHGp 9VuvKV/5+AU2jTeN
    About the only really super important ones to track of at the moment.

Edit:
    I have 2x Sentinel build.. one with warden, for SPE AE heavy hurts (usually speed runs where mobs don't die fast enough, and all dps goes balistic pwning). The other is 61 sent/15 puri and 0 warden. This seems to work real well in tank healing (but even TQF is too easy to ST heal through to tell).

Edit:
    KAlerts are real easy to setup. Dummy + mouse over buffs/debuffs, watch for emotes, things to track. Not hard!
    Last edited by Arimir; 01-27-2017 at 06:03 PM.
    Healnut | Smexilicious | Smexinuts | Roastednuts | Deepnuts

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast