+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Legendary Quick Defiler Guide

Default Legendary Quick Defiler Guide

This guide will show you the new rotations with Legendary Defiler, and any changes that happened in 4.0.
    Though warning mistakes could be present.

Spec:
    61 Defiler, 10 Inquisitor, 5 Runeshaper

Alternative Specs:
    61 Defiler, 10 Inquisitor, 5 Sentinel - Non Runeshaper
    61 Defiler, 10 Druid, 5 Inquisitor - Solo/PvP

Masteries:
    Level 61 - Soul Collector
    Level 62 - Divine Inspiration
    Level 63 - Supplicant's Haste
    Level 64 - Sinister Resolve
    Level 65 - Soul Stream

Legendaries:
    Miserly Affliction - Rage DoTs increase ticks
    Pain Transmission - 5 Rage Stacks
    Unstable Transformation - Explosive Rage & Aggressive Avarice consume 1 stack, while active
    Bolt of Judgment - Autocasts a Bolt of Judgment at target
    Inscribe Fate - Increases damage taken by 15% for 20s

Buffs:
    Armor of Devotion

Starting Rotation:
    Marrow Harvest > Inscribe Fate > Sanction Heretic > Pain Transmission
    Furious Might > Greed's Corruption > Miserly Affliction

Unstable Transformation > Bond of Pain > Explosive Rage
    Explosive Rage/Aggressive Avarice > Explosive Rage/Aggressive Avarice
    Explosive Rage/Aggressive Avarice > Explosive Rage/Aggressive Avarice
    Explosive Rage/Aggressive Avarice

Inscribe Fate > Greed's Corruption > Miserly Affliction
    Explosive Rage/Pain Transmission > Aggressive Avarice/Greed's Call

Rotation:
    Before combat apply Husk of Indifference to yourself and trigger Greed's Call to have 5 Greed stacks ready to use.

Keep Bolt of Light and Inscribe Fate debuffs active on the enemy, you should delay using any abilities if they fall off until they are reapplied; unless it’s during Unstable Transformation then wait untill it expires before reappling them.

Use Explosive Rage at 5 stacks of Rage and Aggressive Avarice when at 5 stacks of Greed.

During Unstable Transformation keep using Explosive Rage at 5 stacks of Rage, however when Rage isn’t at 5 stacks use Aggressive Avarice until it is.

Use Pain Transmission after using Explosive Rage and Greed's Call after using Aggressive Avarice keeping both on cooldown as much as possible.

Always refresh Miserly Affliction, Greed's Corruption, Siphon Vitality, Call of Rage, Furious Infestation, and Rage Extraction when they expire on the enemy.

Use Furious Might, Unstable Transformation and Bond of Pain together in this order.
    Before using Unstable Transformation try to have 5 Rage stacks saved up.

When you aren’t using Rage & Greed stacks, refreshing DoTs or Debuffs use Marrow Harvest and Bolt of Light as fillers until you can.

You can use Unholy Nexus to spread your Rage & Greed DoTs to 2 adjacent enemies to increase your Rage and Greed stack generation.

For AoE have all your Rage and Greed DoTs on an enemy and use Unholy Nexus to spread them to 2 adjacent enemies, then continue with your normal rotations on one of the enemies; as it will be far better than spamming Corrupted Field.

Macros:
    #show Marrow Harvest
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Marrow Harvest
    cast Sanction Heretic
    cast Greed's Corruption
    cast Husk of Indifference

#show Corrupted Field
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @gtae Corrupted Field
    cast Corrupted Field

Karuulalert:
    Code:
    KA::AweSgeNqtlstu2zAQRX9Fu+5SviVBK+rBIEDbReJ0ZUCgbcomoogGSRc12v57KUUJ4sT1Iy4
    oARY1uJyjuTPwtVVqkcFskq1buVV2+CnCfT286EynMhA2RVggrFvd+KyUXn6e3t9MtVePtZ6bzk1
    bY3y9NO2inhvduavFwmUxSLKYsIyB/oJXiAalX87L+YP7kxXVt0l1G3bC1S8MhqPH7eGJDaeK34V
    s28g00a1cqlfJXnlpl8q/5LwTxklZFShOIEoYwZDiAxxyplvttyPKQjW6VbZudfdQm6aWS9Ntazk
    gJWmcJSDdRdqPMnmHggLKTefmVs9UJKQ/xLIbx1HBaEkLwnKRM1bCk2HspnMruQ44elSsm6D4VJ8
    Yva/POTBv6vGS/FMBRJVShmOMCcoFIvzsAtggU89avVz5IV9G6P/x051er0wXfdde9sceKMPbSC5
    KUVUYxXEaU16R/GwoNyjWP0bF0Vd9qyQQfLwUd7Kbe226QyzPIZyiROSIljAtKpDi0yHcKFGvlFV
    ez5+7ApODRgLDOmKkqPrprTwG8TaSo5RikYPQGiKPy1Rc7LKUppe1+FftlG23EW+aVh/j2RPMY0B
    gUQoKIS6LpGRnIy1X0vl2W1vlvLFyqNjspYUu8lluWt/P2C/99zrAtRvHGSKBhguI4hxBXp7uuLW
    22s+CGjzJakcB7rswMGatiiZWdq4x9nH4PuHduzH2r1AOsGC0gCVGVZkwSs8u0GZUrv2O8vMwiOH
    HGfv5JjZWm42LbromOEAeseC+aA7TKgFCEJ6HbPIUX9JWr6bERd4b/pN8clFhrN2sj1DtCeaEgDQ
    FFUoIBhSU5w/vpdWqeT0s+lJdwvQXxM3q7g
    Last edited by Burninalways; 12-02-2016 at 06:37 AM.
    True Server First Prime GP: Anrak the Foul & Guurloth
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

Placeholder
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

what is dps like with this build?

http://tinyurl.com/RaremobsSL < Almost complete SL rare list.

4.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #4
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Alyvian View Post
    what is dps like with this build?
    For me it was like 190-210k with runeshapper in build

I may not be the best though
    Last edited by BigDataDude; 11-24-2016 at 09:25 AM.

Depends on your gear.
    ( close to full expert dungeon gear myself )

Atm im doing 260k - 270k single target in dungeons.
    When able to cleave its shoots up by far. 400+ easily

Default Macros

Does anyone else have any variations to the macros for this defiler spec?

Telaran

This spec is a little too much. On current dungeon bosses and test dummy parses it might be great, but if anyone says this spec isn't complicated isn't probably not thinking about raids.

I don't think the issue for me, is that the rotation has tons of buttons. I played a Dragoon in FFARR and that had, more or less, the same amount of buttons in their rotation as Defiler does. I think, for me, the issue is that the rotation doesn't feel like it has a nice flow. Which may come down to how the DOTs have all different timers, so I haven't found a convenient way to line them up on my bars.

If other people feel this way, a simple solution would be to even out the timers? If other people don't feel this way then it's no biggie, I main heals anyway so I'll just Inquest when I have to.

This is a kick *** build to play on a test dummy and I enjoy it in that sense, but I feel like it'll be difficult to keep up in raid, particularly on boss fights that have tons of mechanics going on and it's tough to focus on your timers, even with Kalert.

Just my 2 cents.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by qqmoarploxify View Post
    This spec is a little too much. On current dungeon bosses and test dummy parses it might be great, but if anyone says this spec isn't complicated isn't probably not thinking about raids.

I don't think the issue for me, is that the rotation has tons of buttons. I played a Dragoon in FFARR and that had, more or less, the same amount of buttons in their rotation as Defiler does. I think, for me, the issue is that the rotation doesn't feel like it has a nice flow. Which may come down to how the DOTs have all different timers, so I haven't found a convenient way to line them up on my bars.

If other people feel this way, a simple solution would be to even out the timers? If other people don't feel this way then it's no biggie, I main heals anyway so I'll just Inquest when I have to.

This is a kick *** build to play on a test dummy and I enjoy it in that sense, but I feel like it'll be difficult to keep up in raid, particularly on boss fights that have tons of mechanics going on and it's tough to focus on your timers, even with Kalert.

Just my 2 cents.
    You'll get used to it with time. The more you play it the easier it's gonna get so dont worry too much about it if it seems super messy atm, it's gonna get better.

The "upside" of Defiler is that you have a bit more time to decide on what skill to use next with the long 1.5sec gcd. I personally lined up my dot keys the same way my Kalerts are ordered and grouped up greed dots and rage dots and then just play whack-a-mole with the Kalerts. The order I click them is different every time of course because, like you said, they have different timers, but I dont really mind. I have timers on the dots so I just check which one's closest to running out.

You also dont have an interrupt (unless you pick one up from another soul) on Defiler so that's one more thing you dont need to worry about when dpsing.

Just keep playing it imo, you'll be just fine after a while.
    Alaysa@Gelidra
    Laysa@Gelidra

www.eternal-dawn.net @Gelidra [EU]

Soulwalker

I do way more damage with this build by replacing sentinel with inquistor, put 5 points into spell power and pick up the legendary bolt of judgment.

I don't think inscribe fate and bolt of light legendaries stack for 30% extra damage, it's only 15% so better off getting auto cast bolt of judgment, plus you get the armor of devotion buff increasing critical hit chance.
    Last edited by DeathBlade; 11-30-2016 at 05:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathBlade View Post
    I do way more damage with this build by replacing sentinel with inquistor, put 5 points into spell power and pick up the legendary bolt of judgment.
    Due to the hotfix 4# I've changed the spec.
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

Could there be a 1 button spam to use instead of 20 different buttons?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphadoras View Post
    Could there be a 1 button spam to use instead of 20 different buttons?
    Sadly no.
    Defiler is one of those specs you can't use macros to do your dps for you.
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

Rift Disciple

SENTINEL
    * Legendary Bolt of Light now increases healing by 15%.
    - Note: Tooltip incorrect, to be corrected in a future hotfix.
    As a general question for Cleric DPS with this change in mind, what do you suggest as the replacement for Bolt of Light? Maybe fitting in Shadow's Touch for cooldown blocks? Perhaps it becomes a standard three legendaries in your main tree, Inscribed Fate for the 15% DPS bonus and Bolt of Judgement because it procs constantly. But for those without Runeshaper, what is the alternative? Nothing comes to mind off the top of my head that can replace it adequately.

Quote Originally Posted by LucKeyHoleInOne View Post
    As a general question for Cleric DPS with this change in mind, what do you suggest as the replacement for Bolt of Light? Maybe fitting in Shadow's Touch for cooldown blocks? Perhaps it becomes a standard three legendaries in your main tree, Inscribed Fate for the 15% DPS bonus and Bolt of Judgement because it procs constantly. But for those without Runeshaper, what is the alternative? Nothing comes to mind off the top of my head that can replace it adequately.
    Bolt of Light still provides the 15% damage taken buff to the enemy, so there's no reason not to use Sentinel.
    For alternatives put 15 points into Inquisitor and pick up the Sanction Heretic Legendary.
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

Soulwalker

Thumbs up

Awesome guide as always Burninalways!

Couple things I noticed:
    In the Rotation section, there's 2 references to Bolt of Light from the alternate Sentinel build, bit confusing for noobs like me following main build exactly. ;-)
    Not seeing any mention of using Marrow Harvest every 30s to maintain the +5% dmg buff from 2/2 Tenebrious Distortion.

Note for others new to Defiler:
    Marrow Harvest can be used in macro even though it doesn't have a CD. Internal game mechanics prevent it from being recast on a target until it expires/cleansed. Effectively a ~6s CD.

Keep up the great work Burninalways, plenty of us out there that appreciate it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast