+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: 38-36-2 Defiler Dps (4.0)

Default 38-36-2 Defiler Dps (4.1)

Been meaning to put this guide up since Defiler was released, was too lazy and with Druid/Defiler it didn't seem worth posting at the time. As of right now it seems to be the top dps spec for Clerics in 4.1. I know the guide isn't terribly thorough, if you have any questions mail/pm Strawberryseduction@greybriar / Coconutcaptivation@greybriar.

(Updated for 4.1)

Defiler:

The Spec: 38 Defiler / 36 Inquisitor / 2 Sentinel
    -Masteries: Soul Collector, Benevolent Presence, Faith's Freedom, Sinister Resolve, Soul Stream
    -Legendaries: Miserly Affliction, Aggressive Avarice, Bolt of Judgement, Sanction Heretic, Bolt of Light

Concept:
    So the idea behind the spec is that you are trying to get the most possible damage out of your DoTs. This spec has the highest tooltips of any spec I attempted to create, and am willing to stand by it in saying that it is the best spec in terms of tooltip damage on your DoTs. With the new Legendary Miserly Affliction and the damage that it does, having your DoTs doing extreme amounts of damage is essential, especially Miserly. It focuses on keeping up your Rage DoTs to assure Miserly's damage output. You want to make sure to keep up Mental Resilience using Soul Stream and Harsh Discipline.

Buffs:
    Armor of Awakening
    Spiritual Protection

Utility:
    Jealous Intervetion: 2 buff purge
    Purge: 2 buff purge (Doesn't share a cooldown with Jealous Intervetion)
    Judicial Privilege: Movement Speed buff, stacks reduce and heal you.
    Trepidation: 8s Fear breaks on 5% of maximum health taken as damage.

Opener:
    Bolt of Light -> Greed's Corruption -> Furious Might* -> Sanction Heretic -> Bond of Pain -> Miserly Affliction -> Aggressive Avarice -> Spam

*Every time you have Furious Might up don't use Greed's Call during it's entire duration

Pre-pull:
    Mental Resilience: You put this up by using Righteous Deliberation from Inquisitor
    Marrow Harvest (don't use any other time but this): Apply shortly before pull
    (optional if confident in consistent countdown) Hard-cast Bolt of Depravity before pull.

Rotation:
    Honestly, it's just keeping up DoTs popping Aggressive and Explosive Rage on 5 stacks, any time Miserly hits it pretty much procs 5 stacks of Greed so keep that in mind. For spam: or any time you can fit it without having DoTs fall off, it's Miserly Affliction -> Aggressive Avarice. Clip both Harsh Discipline and Soul Stream on the next available GCD, when you get the 4 stacks of Concord cast Bolt of Depravity, this applies a 5% damage increase to the target*. Other than that it's just whack-a-mole with DoTs. The priority of them goes: Miserly Affliction, Furious Infestation, Siphon Vitality, Rage Extraction, Sanction Heretic, Greed's Corruption

*The 5% damage increase is applied by one person with it meaning one Inquisitor, one 38-36-2 or one of any other Inquisitor hybrid that has it.

Macros:

#show Fanaticism
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Fanaticism
    cast Explosive Rage

Karuul-Alerts:

Code:
    KA::AR4lneNqllV1v2jAUhv9K7nbX+StOLF85H64qratE2a6QogBOsJbFyDHT0Lb/PicwShmloIg
    AkX10/D457zm5t0otOeRTvm7KrbLDrfTf+2GjNa3igId+Sfp/wCe6cjwrXflx9uVhpp36XuiFabt
    ZY4wratMsi4XRbXe3XHY8JpRThDiJ+wv6z6/OlYtv3R+e5p+n+cSv+Jz9Bgb+zClPnqbTp8f9pl+
    TnA4Hy9+TslZB/tPZcuGO9N650taqX5GD7OMwbVouMIgxwwAIijMJQTScd56mnOtGu+0eaKkq3Sh
    bWJ+xmDe6XrkdVBhyQskR1O0wj7pTttle4NhHBKKqGn1AwTKOUkmJIDSi+c0o9arsXLMtrOqcsWW
    ftZgPUBFgHgqNghoc86ELUmPtZj1IfpvvTLAgBDAGchQTDEKQJbfzWa2q41pFYeSx8Cis3lH/N4g
    cnMaFzFlIcYQxQYlERFxolivtxfqeeUMyfJEs+YvY6UHss16vTBt81a7sz7pQgNNIIbM4gVAQFrE
    oTPHtjdINGYsf+4xFueMB40uQNrqt/RU8r7XV59t/N7VOIwWJ0jQjkgDgfzPv8mupupU1m2VhqqK
    sTbsdWBiiHNN4XOur1j+fcxN3txNMVOd1qHbh3UUkoFkagzCmQMby+pqsTLPtnFVt7VZoV4eIee1
    0lHa5sdpsuuChrfwEKd9p8XPRArI8BlISRiBBksAx43jvMAbI6IGcmMYFpgo+9Xkv+Ot1nKCIQIi
    FhChKEBTZ9e4a7Dn32eBuUMXhqbNeiT3ufXlVjR5PSA4IrwMEigiLUwgpSUkivEFgeGNFKj/J5/6
    tvrMZRh4kend8XUJ4LtvFO946hIgQxTJBYQZZmgOGr39pdPsUxUpZ5fTin5t65TQc46a/vkrZVw
    Final Comments:

Would love some constructive feedback. I claim to have invented this spec and would love to see people improve off of what I have here.
    Last edited by StrawberrySeduction; 04-08-2017 at 01:05 AM.
    StrawberrySeduction @Greybriar -Cleric
    MangoTemptation @Greybriar - Rogue
    PineapplePerversion @Greybriar - Mage
    FigFascination @Wolfsbane - Warrior

what are parses like with this spec?

http://tinyurl.com/RaremobsSL < Almost complete SL rare list.

a short parse on 1 of the bosses inside expert dungeon.
    ( nearly full expert dungeon geared, **** fragments )

Prety sure with a bit of 'practise' you can pull more then that.

http://imgur.com/wyYlPia
    Last edited by UnusualBunny; 11-24-2016 at 11:43 AM.

Fia

Looks good. But is there an alternative without Runeshaper? I don't have the Runeshaper soul. :/
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

Now with new Prime Content! -> http://youtube.com/astheatv

Sentinel works as well

Looks nice, i'll try it once i finish to test the one i'm working on.

I'm working in a "Defilist" spec and atm i'm doing very nice numbers with it but need more work into it.

It's a hybrid spec with Defiler and Cabalist, Auto Bound Fate is awesome to back up dmg while refreshing DoTs and anything else, atm it's the 2nd source of dmg behind Miserly Affliction, i'm talking about single target of course, so it'll be nice with Cleave combats where mobs don't last enough to cast DoTs on them because we don't have Unholy Nexus to spreads.

EDIT: Here is the screenshot with my last test, none extra buff, only Flaring Emblem 280 SP. Crappy stats because bad luck with Fragments, but it looks great, if i got this numbers on ST with no buffs at all. I'll try it out in Dungeons.

EDIT 2: Forget to mention that i don't have Runeshaper, so it's with Sentinel for the extra dmg.

EDIT 3: Polishing a little bit more and 265K and BTW i'm a Tank, so my Synergy Crystal and Focus are for Justicar (Tank) so this build with Runeshaper, DPS Synergy Cristal, Raid Buffs, better fragments and DPS Focus maybe a pretty good build in most of situations but heavy AoE DPS fights.

Direct Link to Screenshot
    Last edited by Shelenia; 11-25-2016 at 07:48 PM.
    Legendary Arkkam, The Dragon Tamer.
    Cleric of Inner Circle, Gelidra.
    Formerly known as Franark of Apotheosys, Typhiria

Quote Originally Posted by Shelenia View Post

I'm working in a "Defilist" spec and atm i'm doing very nice numbers with it but need more work into it.

It's a hybrid spec with Defiler and Cabalist, Auto Bound Fate is awesome to back up dmg while refreshing DoTs and anything else, atm it's the 2nd source of dmg behind Miserly Affliction, i'm talking about single target of course, so it'll be nice with Cleave combats where mobs don't last enough to cast DoTs on them because we don't have Unholy Nexus to spreads.
    It's a great spec, you should post a guide on it.
    True Server First Prime GP: Anrak the Foul & Guurloth
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

Plane Touched

yeh both spec are nice to play, but i miss shaman

Thumbs up

Okay, i will take this, translate it, and spread it in the German speaking Community on Facebook ;)

Soulwalker

I quite like this spec, it's a lot less boring than 61 defiler and does more dps.

I made my own macro to press when i'm not refreshing dots and whatnot, but it parses decent.

Thanks for the spec!

http://imgur.com/a/4U10r for parse, Rift downscale ftl.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 38-36-2 Defiler Dps (4.0)-2016-11-29_185401.jpg  
    Last edited by Penguinn; 11-29-2016 at 11:02 AM.
    Luceee@Zaviel
    Sundayyy@NA

I'm interested in comparing your macro to mine

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    I'm interested in comparing your macro to mine
    #show Sanction Heretic
    cast Sanction Heretic
    cast Marrow Harvest
    cast Inscribe Fate
    cast Somatic Desecration

That's what I have; though i'm tempted to just pull out Somatic and replace it with runestrike or Seal of Pain - it's rare I ever reach Somatic in the macro, because of DOT refreshes and more important things to cast.

EDIT: http://i.imgur.com/picljRq.png Parse with 4 piece synergy crystal minus t3 trinket (I hate using old gear )
    Last edited by Penguinn; 11-30-2016 at 05:46 AM.
    Luceee@Zaviel
    Sundayyy@NA

Soulwalker

I've been working on a similar spec but I was calling it Defibalist. I went 2 in Inquisitor with the off-soul.

It is a lot of fun and has been working well in Cracking the Skull. The only hard part is remembering to go to Focused between areas because Unbounded will pull everything in site.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelenia View Post

EDIT: Here is the screenshot with my last test, none extra buff, only Flaring Emblem 280 SP. Crappy stats because bad luck with Fragments, but it looks great, if i got this numbers on ST with no buffs at all. I'll try it out in Dungeons.

EDIT 2: Forget to mention that i don't have Runeshaper, so it's with Sentinel for the extra dmg.

EDIT 3: Polishing a little bit more and 265K and BTW i'm a Tank, so my Synergy Crystal and Focus are for Justicar (Tank) so this build with Runeshaper, DPS Synergy Cristal, Raid Buffs, better fragments and DPS Focus maybe a pretty good build in most of situations but heavy AoE DPS fights.

Direct Link to Screenshot

Soulwalker

Default Defiler/Druid

I tried this spec but am overwhelmed by the number of abilities to track and don’t like the lack of multi-target damage. Druid/Defiler was mentioned in the first sentence so I decided to experiment with it. I got similar damage against Alittu dummy with this Defiler/Druid versus Defiler/Inquisitor but that could be my bad key pressing.

Spec: 41 Defiler / 33 Druid / 2 Inquisitor Might get more damage from using Runeshaper or Sentinel as the 3rd soul but is another ability have to track when to cast.

Materies: Soul Collector, Blessing of Penitence, Meditation, Sinister Resolve, Punishing Strike
    Legendaries: Misery Affliction, Pain Transmission, Fervent Strike, Summon Faerie Healer, Bolt of Judgment (May need to replace Pain Transmission with Aggressive Avarice if trying to solo or don’t have party/raid healing)

I think it pretty much plays the same as this Defiler/Inquisitor except not tracking and using Sanction Heretic, Bolt of Light, Harsh Discipline, Soul Stream, and Bolt of Depravity. Spam becomes Punishing Strike/Fervent Strike. Have Pain Transmission, Corrupted Field, and Wild Strike for multiple targets instead of just 10 second cool down Soul Drain. If have legendary, Pain Transmission is also used to get a stack of rage to use with Explosive Rage.

Macros:

#show Punishing Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Punishing Strike
    cast Fervent Strike
    cast Furious Might

Would remove Furious Might from the macro if you are better than I at tracking when to get the buff and stack of Rage.

Karuul-Alerts:
    Code:
    KA::AHI0teNqtll1v2yAUhv+K73bXgY2NEVf4g6oXXaU221UlCyc4QXFMhWm2aNt/HybulKRZm3R
    RYiWCVwce3nMOvjZSziikE/rUio00/i93z7Wf6HQnKaCxG+LuF9B71VhaCCs+P369eVRWrio11V3
    /2Gptq7luZ9VUq66/ms16mpKIpmlKkf9C9/nZWzFd9r9pXn6ZlPduxMUcJiLg1pzQ7G4yubsdJ90
    Yp4lfmP+6F3MZlD+sEVO7s98rK8xcDiPcB9iVKd1RFpI44hnIUcIzXBDu1ztOI2rVKrsZgWayUa0
    0lXERq7pV84X1UIkD2odaqb5X3fwVEwzfYZrITtZG6ec+KFRvtfFb/hece47qWRzFmJEYAUAiHif
    4dERhls6uzgrVrWRnKwA9IibQeQc+jjj5i+jT6FMf5NqY56c3+cac2xczhAAhoAxTFIEYFNnZ/s2
    Nks2ugRgBZyC5hIH8eevG7RD8WBXtC1iIEUlzCBOUo4wlCYXxmTSNO6HaldC2vjBw6bjrk1gL1Yq
    6leez5HpVq07OgrJpXGbt02zz71DCkihHKStLzGCGOUcnm6M6K83apXPoQVA6WIIvYomPa4MHa9R
    SHqM4ULCQQwIwB1GRhTjPT+8Q/UJPl9/F+gUCk0tB3KpemnbzRqmMioA1TavGVocBgnnBYwijIk+
    L5PxSWYjetpvKyKG5iCFqVXu2OAovXTM3XeOWEe+0hGNqBkmZApduLMMYZu6S+Y+eXoktYHoxwAf
    1tNBd8E1ZMSz9BtyhkvEizSBkiGCC4zzCZ4P1PmK1HiOOcEkUXwpuuF9fNzru79333hb2t1xL41J
    4CbdbTNHh+X/8VYGZlTaBboJCrvVBfo3nyelrEQMwQxnAYVSStEzh6VfN1JWNmvvkhFOPAwGOaQI
    vceR/ABiP/Sw
    I moved my ability bar and skills to be under each ability being tracked. Priority is left to right except for right most Explosive Rage and Aggressive Avarice.
    Last edited by Pendan; 05-14-2017 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Fix the kalert

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Pendan View Post
    Druid/Defiler was mentioned in the first sentence so I decided to experiment with it. I got similar damage against Alittu dummy with this Defiler/Druid versus Defiler/Inquisitor but that could be my bad key pressing.
    Druid/Def used to be 41druid, for Resounding Blow. Before the nerf, the 50% bonus could be applied to Bond of Pain, making all of yer dots hit 50% harder for the duration. With the mastery, it's still usable with the 25% portion however. It makes the spec much more difficult to play properly as it becomes a purely melee spec and not only do you have to bounce around the dots, but you add ANOTHER layer by having to use RB followed by 2 more big hits for the 50%/25% buff, and the first must be a melee attack. So Essence Strike > BoP, or ES>AA/ER, PB>MA etc. It's not nearly as forgiving as any of the ranged alternatives, and no real way to recover from screw ups.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast