+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: [3.7] Advanced Defiler Guide

Default [3.7] Advanced Defiler Guide

The highly anticipated Defiler guide is finally here, enjoy

Defiler is a ranged single target dps soul focused on dealing damage over time. Defiler is currently cleric's highest parsing spec with druid/shaman coming in as a close second.

This guide will be focused on the top single target dps defiler spec.

Build
    41 Defiler / 28 Inquisitor / 7 Shaman (highest single target dps, if you need to spec for 5% tenebrious distortion, then respec)

Buffs
    Armor of Devotion
    Vengeance of the Winter Storm

Utility
    Jealous Intervention - Removes two buffs. 10 sec cd.
    Purge

Macro
    41 Defiler
    #show bolt of judgment
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast sanction heretic
    cast Pain Transmission
    cast Marrow Harvest
    cast Bolt of Judgment

Bar & Gadgets/Kalerts

I use Gadgets:Buffs but here's some kalerts:

Spoiler!

RED = RAGE, YELLOW = GREED
    DoTs to track:
    Miserly Affliction - Deals x death damage over 18 sec. Counts as a greed affect. Has a 60% to grant a stack of greed on each tick. Consumes 10% health.
    Greed's Corruption - Deals x death damage over 18 sec. Counts as a greed affect. Has a 60% to grant a stack of greed on each tick. Consumes 7% health.
    Rage Extraction - Deals x death damage over 24 sec. Restores x health to the cleric at the same time. Counts as a rage affect. Has a 40% to grant a stack of rage on each tick.
    Furious Infestation - Deals x death damage over 24 sec. Restores x health to the cleric at the same time. Counts as a rage affect. Has a 40% to grant a stack of rage on each tick.
    Siphon Vitality - Deals x death damage over 30 sec. Restores x health to the cleric at the same time. Counts as a rage affect. Has a 40% to grant a stack of rage on each tick.

Buffs to Track
    Mental Resilience - Increases damage done by 6% for 30 sec.
    Furious Might - Increases damage done by 15% for 15 sec. Gives a stack of rage.
    Greed {stacks}
    Rage {stacks}

Important Abilities That Haven't Been Mentioned
    Aggressive Avarice - Deals x to x death damage. Deals 2.5% extra damage and has a 0.5 sec less cast time for each stack of greed you have. This damage bonus is doubled for each additional stack you gain past the first. Removes all stacks of greed.
    Explosive Rage - Deals x to x death damage. Deals 20% extra damage and has a 0.5 sec less cast time for each stack of rage you have. This damage bonus is increased to 250% at 5 stacks of rage. Removes all stacks of rage.
    Bond of Pain - Deals x to x death damage each time the cleric is damaged. Lasts 30 sec. Applies all rage dots to the target. 1 min cd.
    Greed's Call - Grants a stack of greed. Consumes 15% health. (with the lvl 64 mastery sinister resolve is grants 5 stacks)
    Pain Transmission - Deals x to x death damage divided evenly among 5 targets within 7m of the original target . Counts as a rage effect. Grants a stack of rage.
    Sanction Heretic - Deals x to x life damage. Applies Sanction, which deals an additional x life damage over 15 sec. Applies Vex with the lvl 63 Faiths Freedom mastery. Which deals x to x death damage over 15 sec.
    Marrow Harvest - Deals x to x death damage after 6 sec.
    Soul Stream - Channels x ethereal damage to the enemy over 3 sec. Can move while channeling.
    Soul Drain - Applies soul drain to up to 3 enemies near the targeted enemy. For each enemy hit, deals x to x death damage up to 4 enemies.
    • Nice cheeky aoe ability that helps 41 defiler in cleave situations. Its about all you got.
    Link of Misery - Intercepts 70% of the damage taken from the ally for the next 10 sec. The defiler takes 90% of the intercepted damage. 2 min cd.
    • You take 59% of the damage in 61 defiler
    • This ability is useful in raids still. Don't kill yourself though, warn the healers.

Other Non-Factor Abilities
    Corrupted Field
    • Terrible aoe
    Spiritual Deficiency
    • Other classes apply this in raids.
    Righteous Deliberation
    • Used once in the beginning to proc MR, Otherwise just a mana regen.
    Husk of Indifference
    • Greed spells apply this
    Somatic Desecration
    • Replaced by BoJ

How to Play Defiler
    Defiler does its dps by building stacks of rage & greed with DoT effects & consuming them with the appropriate stack consumer. Defiler does not have a strict rotation as the spec is based solely on RNG. Hence i will give you a priority list and somewhat of an opener, then a video/dummy parse showing the spec in action.

Opener
    Prepull: Husk of Indifference > Righteous Deliberation

Marrow Harvest(Pull) Miserly Affliction > Greed's Corruption > (Furious Might)(Any Weapon Procs)Bond of Pain > Sanction Heretic > Pain Transmission > Explosive Rage/Aggressive Avarice/Marrow Harvest > Greed's Call/Explosive Rage/Aggressive Avarice > Greed's Call/Explosive Rage/Aggressive Avarice > Explosive Rage/Aggressive Avarice > Explosive Rage/Aggressive Avarice/Marrow Harvest > Miserly Affliction > Greed's Corruption > Soul Stream(Furious Might Ends)

This may be confusing at first. The slashes represent which ability should be used. And what you can substitute in its place depending on stacks. Your opener will be the same every time for the first 5-6 gcds. The next 4 are interchangeable with each-other as shown. and the next 4 are set in stone like the first 5-6.

Priority
    1. Use Explosive Rage/Aggressive Avarice @ 5 stacks of Rage/Greed.
    2. Keep up the Mental Resilience buff using channeled abilities (pre-pull use Righteous Deliberation)
    • Use Harsh Discipline @ about 1 sec left on the Mental Resilience buff. Then Soul Stream at about the same time as the opener (about 1-2 sec left on Furious Might)
    • Clipping harsh discipline at 2 ticks is ideal. However you only clip harsh discipline if you need to do 1 or 3 (which is usually). As you see in the video i channeled one of the harsh disciplines for 3 sec instead of 2 sec because i had nothing to use on the 2nd tick.
    3. Keep all DoT effects up.
    • Refreshing DoTs @ 1-2 seconds left is a dps gain over BoJ in the filler macro.
    4. Use the macro given for filler when you aren't doing 1, 2 or 3.

Video & Parse, 5:00

61 Defiler Tidbits

61 Defiler / 8 Inquisitor / 7 Shaman (better cleave & utility than 41, useful for pvp or cleave fights up to 3 targets)

61 Defiler
    #show somatic desecration
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast sanction heretic
    cast Pain Transmission
    cast Marrow Harvest
    cast Somatic Desecration

Spoiler!

Call of Rage - Deals x death damage over 18sec. Restores x health to the cleric at the same time. Counts as a rage affect. Has a 40% to grant a stack of rage on each tick.
    • Weave this dot into your spec, another one to track.
    Unholy Nexus - Spreads all Defiler DoTs and marrow harvest to 2 other enemies. 25 sec cd.
    • Great for cleave fights and close target swaps.
    Unstable Transformation - Increases damage dealt by 20%. Reduces damage taken by 50. Increases healing and absorption received by 50%. When hit, restores x to x health. Lasts 10 seconds.
    • Really great cd for pvp, lifesaver. Use UT with furious might in pve if you're playing 61 defiler.
    Don't have to worry about Mental Resilience.
    Last edited by Xclvsive; 09-17-2016 at 08:32 AM.
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

Awesome! Thanks for the guide. I'd just like to say that your action bar setup looks like a nightmare.
    CHURCHHILL of the Lost Legion@Faeblight
    May the forest guide the beast from your fires.

Shield of Telara

Tell me something about clipping yor channels based on Rage/Greed stacks plz

Soulwalker

Default Request

Great guide and thanks for the information.

Any chance you can add your actual kalerts for people to copy and add??

Thanks in advance.

5.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #5
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Brothertuck View Post
    Great guide and thanks for the information.

Any chance you can add your actual kalerts for people to copy and add??

Thanks in advance.
    Yes please.. Kalert set

Quote Originally Posted by BigDataDude View Post
    Yes please.. Kalert set
    Don't do it! The spec will end up nerfed !

Updated a few things to cater to requests.
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

Ascendant

In the video your opener was different. After you did the greed's call/Averarice part you started to refresh greed dots at around 4 secs. Maybe I am wrong though.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 09-16-2016 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    In the video your opener was different. After you did the greed's call/Averarice part you started to refresh greed dots at around 4 secs. Maybe I am wrong though.
    Oh yeah, I used marrow harvest before AA/ER block instead of after because I was lacking stacks. I'll add it to the guide.
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

Plane Walker

Felt after 30 mins I was doing good. After 30 mins I was done with watching numbers decline so I knew wehn to reapply dots.. I've always hated dot specs. Well that's incorrect. I loved Warlock because you could refresh dots if you maintained 2 spells correctly.
    Last edited by Finerty; 09-22-2016 at 07:31 PM.

Plane Touched

PT is down atm so the log can't be put up, but Riwu had 184k parse on Caelon playing 41 defiler in Nefarious raid yesterday.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Parkhyeyeon View Post
    PT is down atm so the log can't be put up, but Riwu had 184k parse on Caelon playing 41 defiler in Nefarious raid yesterday.
    I think Riwu done it with different build not with this guide build tho, but with 41Druid/Defiler hybrid build?

General of Telara

Bond of Pain is increased by the 50% buff from Resounding Blow but doesn't consume it so the 41 druid spec is broken as far as that goes. It seems any damage increase buff will increase Bond of Pain and not consume- emblem of ice tidal surge ect.

Still think its better than this guide even if you fixed that bug since combined effort and resounding gives so much while only losing pain transmission. You also get free pet dps and the off gcd skill. It has an interrupt and the 50% damage reduction skill lets you use your 70% link with less chance of you killing yourself.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Castan View Post
    I think Riwu done it with different build not with this guide build tho, but with 41Druid/Defiler hybrid build?
    Quote Originally Posted by Accol View Post
    Bond of Pain is increased by the 50% buff from Resounding Blow but doesn't consume it so the 41 druid spec is broken as far as that goes. It seems any damage increase buff will increase Bond of Pain and not consume- emblem of ice tidal surge ect.

Still think its better than this guide even if you fixed that bug since combined effort and resounding gives so much while only losing pain transmission. You also get free pet dps and the off gcd skill. It has an interrupt and the 50% damage reduction skill lets you use your 70% link with less chance of you killing yourself.
    which spec is it? 41druid-35 defiler? the greed buff when used with resounding blow hits like a truck xd

This is the spec i just made, not sure if this is the spec you guys are talking about, but pulling 117k op rng dps on live no pa buff stone vials etc

http://imgur.com/a/9BWBQ

avg parse 115k easy with okish rng, you want to use ce>rb every 15s with 5 stacks of w.e, not sure abt using eol , didnt take es either so not sure if dps loss or gain, but druid defiler is the way to go xd, some1 link the actual spec

idk how druid works, nvr learnt it, but natural stacks, not sure if that dmg applies to druid only or everything, or just 1 ability, but keeping this up @5stakcs is a must i think, as when i dont dps falls
    Last edited by Killerloose; 09-23-2016 at 09:21 AM.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Killerloose View Post
    which spec is it? 41druid-35 defiler? the greed buff when used with resounding blow hits like a truck xd

This is the spec i just made, not sure if this is the spec you guys are talking about, but pulling 117k dps on live no pa buff stone vials etc

http://imgur.com/a/9BWBQ

avg parse 115k easy, you want to use ce>rb every 15s with 5 stacks of w.e, not sure abt using eol , didnt take es either so not sure if dps loss or gain, but druid defiler is the way to go xd, some1 link the actual spec

dont drop natural stack either , it is a big dps loss if u do =/
    I posted my first spec of it in the pts forums but I've made a few changes from it. I did130k on live dummy. 41 Druid I took points our of 1% damage to pick up tenebrious since my raids always need it. I am also speced into using EoL but I haven't played around with it much yet so not sure if it is practical.

The one huge mistake from the spec you made is you didn't pick the level 61 skill that increases the 2nd skill after resounding blow by 25%. otherwise its pretty much the same.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast