+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By Churchhill
  • 2 Post By Xclvsive
  • 1 Post By Burninalways

Thread: New Defiler build guide. The DOTfiler

Default New Defiler build guide. The DOTfiler

So this is likely not the top dps version of the new Defiler but it is how 61 Defiler now works.
    It's a start and hopefully the community will offer up better tweaks in the next few weeks.

DOTfiler dps....yeah it's just like Reaver only worse, no stealth, way longer single dot button cd that doesn't put all the dots up, hate it? love it?

The DOTfiler is a build that works by putting dots on the target which net you stacks of Greed and Rage. These two stacks buff your other abilities which consume up to 5 stacks. Through managing dot timers and buff consumption, the build achieves it's.......numbers. See the rotation below.

THE BUILD:

At the time of writing this guide, the soul calculator hasn't been updated.

61 Defiler:

12 Inquisitor: ( taken for the double purge. the variations net a very small change in dps though this appears to hit the hardest for me.

5-Planar study
    5-Corporal Punishment
    2-Agent of Affliction

3 Shaman:

3-Dauntless Courage

THE BUFFS:

Armor of Devotion (+5% critical hit chance with damaging abilities)

Vengeance of the Winter Storm ( Weapon attacks deal additional water damage) Only use is to proc on the off chance that you end up using Lightning Hammer.

Link of Misery ( Claims to be a buff but is more like a tank intercept cooldown)

THE MASTERIES:

Avenging Shield (Used for the shield procs) ** Use Soul Collector instead for pvp**

Divine Inspiration (Used for the +5% healing and absorption as well as the +5m range to damaging abilities)

Faith's Freedom (Sanction Heretic now applies Vex on cast)

Sinister Resolve ( +8% to dots, 5% to delayed damage, 3% to non-instant, non-channeled abilities. Greed's Call now adds 5 stacks of Greed)

Soul Stream ( 3s channel. Damage on an enemy and heal on an ally or self)

THE MACROS:

Spam Macro

#show pain transmission
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast [shift] pain transmission
    cast marrow harvest
    cast sanction heretic
    cast greed's call
    cast explosive rage
    cast aggressive avarice
    cast lightning hammer

Nuke

#show bond of pain
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast marrow harvest
    cast furious might
    cast @self unstable transformation
    cast bond of pain
    cast greed's call
    cast pain transmission
    cast explosive rage
    cast aggressive avarice

Aoe

#show unholy nexus
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast unholy nexus
    cast pain transmission
    cast @gtae corrupted field

Link

#show link of misery
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @mouseoverui link of misery

Beacon

#show summon beacon of despair
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast summon beacon of despair
    cancelbuff summon beacon of despair

THE ROTATION:

ST
    Miserly Affliction, Greed's Corruption, Nuke Macro until both Explosive Rage and Aggressive Avarice cast, Soul Stream, Spam Macro Shift mod x1 to cast Pain Transmission.

After this block it's a priority to keep your dots up. Because the timers are nearly all different, you'll have to either use Kalerts or track via the most common timer. I use Pain Transmission cd to track my dots and does the job without managing each dot on it's own.

In general there are two sets of dots. three with short timers (18s) and three with longer timers, (two with 24 and one with 30)

So using Pain Transmission as a tracker, the dot application would look like this, in practice and after the initial nuke block.

Short dots = one PT timer
    Long dots = two PT timers

Using the spam macro between timers, you would cast dots in this order

Short dots,PT, Long dots, Short dots, PT, Short dots, PT, Long dots

Repeat until Bond of Pain comes off cd

AOE

Short dots, Long dots, Spam macro x1 for Marrow Harvest, Aoe Macro until you channel Corrupted Field. Repeat.

By the time your dots fall off, most groups will be dead. If not PT+ Corrupted Field has better dps when things are nearly dead as dots take time.

Hopefully that help people out. I'm sure a better build will be posted in the future.

Take care
    Last edited by Churchhill; 09-15-2016 at 11:58 AM.
    CHURCHHILL of the Lost Legion@Faeblight
    May the forest guide the beast from your fires.

You don't want to macro ER. It should be it's own button for when it reaches 5 stacks otherwise it's a waste. It becomes instant cast @ 3 stacks of rage, but you never want to cast it at anything except 5 stacks.

Also soul collector in pvp was hitting for just about 1k, which to me, is utterly useless. So I would still take avenging shield mastery in pvp IMO.

Also keep in mind, currently defiler is not really viable in pvp, I mean when it's 1min CD's are up yeah it can do some damage, but it has no CC, no real utility, and it's main mechanic of healing/shielding itself to offset damaging it's own hp just doesn't work in pvp atm. You end up doing at least 1/4 your own hp just by going through a regular rotation in pvp, more so if you have to target switch.

Also never use greed's call in pvp either. It is able to crit you, and take off 25% of your own hp. It's seriously broken in the wrong way. Same deal with unholy nexus in pvp, using unholy nexus will more than likely end up killing you.

It's not a bad guide, I'm just trying to help you tune it up a bit.
    Last edited by Orochan; 09-14-2016 at 04:10 PM.

Feedback is why the guide is up here. I don't know if anyone else has posted something so I thought I'd get it rolling.

Thanks for the tips!

I'm triggered, writing a comprehensive defiler guide, should be up tomorrow or friday.
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

Quote Originally Posted by Churchhill View Post
    THE BUILD:

At the time of writing this guide, the soul calculator hasn't been updated.

61 Defiler:
    12 Inquisitor: ( taken for the double purge. the variations net a very small change in dps though this appears to hit the hardest for me.
    61 Inquisitor is on a 1s GCD, while 61 Defiler is on a 1.5s GCD so you are going to take more of a hit in damage especially when 2 purges in a row.

Link of Misery ( Claims to be a buff but is more like a tank intercept cooldown)
    Even though it not as bad as the Warchanter version it's still going to be just as bad, so I wouldn't recommend using it at all.

THE MASTERIES:
    61 - Avenging Shield (Used for the shield procs) ** Use Soul Collector instead for pvp**

62 - Divine Inspiration (Used for the +5% healing and absorption as well as the +5m range to damaging abilities)

63 - Supplicant's Haste (Used for run speed buff)
    As your using +8 Inquisitor you have to take Faith's Freedom as your Level 63 Mastery, that just Inquisitor 101, so that Vex is also applied to the enemy.

65 - Soul Stream ( 3s channel. Damage on an enemy and heal on an ally or self)
    I don't think Soul Stream or Punishing Strike are going to gain you any dps, more like a dps loss due to how fast Rage/Greed stacks are awarded.

THE MACROS:

Spam Macro
    #show pain transmission
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast [shift] pain transmission
    cast marrow harvest
    cast sanction heretic
    cast greed's call
    cast explosive rage
    cast aggressive avarice
    cast lightning hammer
    Marrow Harvest is properly going to be a dps loss, thought you should still use it just for the debuff it applies to the enemy; unless their a Inquisitor in your group/raid.

Explosive Rage should only be used at 5 stack so it's going to be in a dps loss in a macro.
    Last edited by Burninalways; 09-15-2016 at 04:08 AM.
    True Server First Prime GP: Anrak the Foul & Guurloth
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

12 points into Inq was getting slightly better numbers than 10 inq and 5 sham. The extra purge was frosting on the cake.

Good catch on the Mastery. My mistake.

Using Soul Stream during the Nuke phase is indeed a dps gain. There is enough time to use both the Greed and Rage consumer, SS and PT. That's how I worked it out but I wouldn't doubt there's a better rotation.
    Last edited by Churchhill; 09-15-2016 at 11:48 AM.

imo, 7 shaman 8 inquistor is till better looking @ pure dps.
    "Singled Out"

+ Reply to Thread