+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Hikos' Shaman Guide

Default Hikos' Shaman Guide

Disclaimer: This is not my video and you shouldn't take any advice I give on cleric DPS specs. However, I will take credit for harassing Hikos into finally making a guide. You're welcome.

Shaman Guide
    Repent ye exploiters! For Lord Coriolis died so that you may raid again!
    R.I.P. <Adventure Time>
    <Nefarious> Rogue Recruit
    <Coriolis> Cleric Tank - 2/3 Queen's Gambit

Volume for voice is really, really low even with it set to max.

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    Volume for voice is really, really low even with it set to max.
    This is a feature.

If you can't understand him you can't beat him!

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    This is a feature.
    Carry on then!

Rift Disciple

The only part I had an issue hearing was during the actual rotation demonstration. Your commentary there is completely drowned out by the game sound, which is a bit of a shame, since you just spent a couple minutes setting up delaying PS, and then you don't get to hear your walk though. You might do well to just mute the game/video there and re-record the sound on that part for clarity.

Also, during your second go through of the CD block (around 8:00), you leave out DF. You mention it earlier on, and it's pretty obvious where it goes to anyone that's played Shaman for a bit, but you might add an annotation for the really green players, so as not to confuse them.

Otherwise, great info, great guide.

Soulwalker

Thanks for the video, although as others, I wasn't able to understand the comments during the rotation demo bit.

I have questions regarding the rotation :
    1) I understood how to delay punishing just after 2nd Rush of Strength, however how do you delay it the second time isn't clear?

2) why to cast lightning hammer and sanction heretic in a row, and not put a physical attack between the two, except during cooldown block? (I tried this and it helped me synchronizing punishing with dots for second RotN, however this my be linked to my lag)

3) Why is your opener better than the following one :
    frozen wrath > lightning hammer > combined effort > sanction heretic > {RotN + deep freeze} massive blow > jolt >{Rush of Strength} Massive blow

4) Finally, should shaman always do better dps than inquisitor or does it get better only after a certain level of crit/power crit? If yes, do you have an approximation of these numbers?
    Last edited by azshaar; 08-06-2015 at 06:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by azshaar View Post
    Thanks for the video, although as others, I wasn't able to understand the comments during the rotation demo bit.

I have questions regarding the rotation :
    1) I understood how to delay punishing just after 2nd Rush of Strength, however how do you delay it the second time isn't clear?

2) why to cast lightning hammer and sanction heretic in a row, and not put a physical attack between the two, except during cooldown block? (I tried this and it helped me synchronizing punishing with dots for second RotN, however this my be linked to my lag)

3) Why is your opener better than the following one :
    frozen wrath > lightning hammer > combined effort > sanction heretic > {RotN + deep freeze} massive blow > jolt >{Rush of Strength} Massive blow

4) Finally, should shaman always do better dps than inquisitor or does it get better only after a certain level of crit/power crit? If yes, do you have an approximation of these numbers?
    Now I'm back from my prolonged holiday I can reply to posts about my own guide! How great is that!!!!111 XD XD

1. You don't delay it again intentionally, you also don't use it early either (by using 2 non-phys to get it earlier in the rotation. Like I also said this is likely to be a personal thing, I was just saying what I do playing at 250ms, it's likely that over a minute your CD of PS will be ~1 gcd different to mine (unless you're playing on the same ping as me) and therefore will have to come up with your own way.

2 + 3. Simple maths.

4. Yes shaman should be ahead of inq at all gear levels. But the difference is probably pronounced at CP cap. However, can't admit this is something I bother wasting my time testing.

To everyone else, if you can't hear me then listen harder XD, I don't talk about much important during the rotation and I can understand myself anywho so rippers. At worst just copy what I do ezpz.

Prophet of Telara

Wait for your raid to do ready check, cast Rage of the North then wait a few to ready check. If they are not taking forever to pull after everyone hits ready you can have rage of the north come off cd much earlier so can get two rage of the norths in under one min.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Planetx View Post
    Wait for your raid to do ready check, cast Rage of the North then wait a few to ready check. If they are not taking forever to pull after everyone hits ready you can have rage of the north come off cd much earlier so can get two rage of the norths in under one min.
    if you do these kinds of shenanigans, inform your raid lead IN ADVANCE. nobody likes a player who stops pulls for 30-50 sec each time.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by phartoute View Post
    if you do these kinds of shenanigans, inform your raid lead IN ADVANCE. nobody likes a player who stops pulls for 30-50 sec each time.
    Not if you are 1 shotting T2 bosses. Plus, biggest complaint is tanks not pulling when everyone is ready. Should always be a count immediately when everyone hits the ready button.

Quote Originally Posted by Planetx View Post
    Not if you are 1 shotting T2 bosses. Plus, biggest complaint is tanks not pulling when everyone is ready. Should always be a count immediately when everyone hits the ready button.
    people generally want to get through farm content as fast and as easy as possible, making your raid wait to pull so a few people can preload on something other than a parse boss like sicaron seems like a huge waste of time.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    people generally want to get through farm content as fast and as easy as possible, making your raid wait to pull so a few people can preload on something other than a parse boss like sicaron seems like a huge waste of time.
    Huge waste of time. Chuckles, you wouldn't even know the difference. 100% guaranteed. Plus, if you actually watched the video he spent 20 gcds spamming his aoe to get procs and buffs up before he started his parse. As I said you wouldn't even realize it.
    Last edited by Planetx; 08-21-2015 at 06:43 AM.

Inb4 two different shamans start preloading 30 seconds from one another and get their raid waiting indefinitely.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

Quote Originally Posted by fufi View Post
    Inb4 two different shamans start preloading 30 seconds from one another and get their raid waiting indefinitely.
    Hikos and Lichie say hello

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast