+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PTII: Effective Non-Defensive Druid/Cabalist Hybrids For Practical Support Role.

Default PTII: Effective Non-Defensive Druid/Cabalist Hybrids For Practical Support Role.

My apologies for my absence from this activity but life outside of gaming can restricted one's fun times and I'm no different to this unreasonable dilemma.

-->This is a continuance of this thread here: <--

The built with optimal DPS:
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#D...m8-n0/Ekrj9p52
    This is both Druid and Cabalist Variants. (hybrids)

The build with High Area-Effect Damage: (Trading a harder hitting Dark Water and Reversal of Fortune for a harder hitting Bound Fate/Tranny of Death.)
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#D.../m8-n0/EkrjFkg
    This is both Druid and Cabalist Variants. (hybrids)

The build as discussed below: (Trading a harder hitting Dark Water for a stronger self heal and the Cauterize utility. The third over-time damage spell for a start of a macro chain, Char (non-instant) and the 17th point of bonuses in the Purifier tree is optional here.)
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#D...8-nq8/Ekrj9p44
    This is a Druid variants. (hybrid)

Addressing Doood's Productive Response From First Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Doood
    I too was a little surprised that no one had commented on your write up, until I read it. Like you pointed out, many people were probably put off by all the grammatical errors and may have (like me) had a hard time even understanding at points what you were talking about.

That being said, I don't think that was the main reason for the lack of responses. After trying to figure out what you might use this build for, I couldn't come up with any circumstances where there would ever be a reason to play it. I say "reason" to play it, because if you just enjoy solo'ing with it or doing open world grouped content you don't need a reason per se to play any build, just play what you find to be the most enjoyable.

But that is not the type of use for the build that you suggested. You claim that it is a great support heal/dps spec, which I (along with many others) would be hard pressed to agree with. The healing fairy provides weak passive heals, that do not really help much at all when real healing is needed. If you were able to provide the small heals while still being able to push out very good dps, well then yes this would be a nice spec. But yet again, there is no way this build could do the type of dps that would actually benefit any group or raid. But even with poor dps and only small passive healing, if this build were able to provide raid cool downs (think bard/archon/beastmaster/oracle) then maybe it could have benefits for some encounters, but yet again it does not actually have any true benefits to the group or raid.

It appears you spent a lot of time thinking about this build and putting it all together, and it is nice to see people put that much effort into this game, so don't think I am trying to be rude or condescending with my reply, I was just trying to give a little constructive feedback.

As I said before, if you enjoy playing this build and people around you don't mind, more power to you. I just don't see this type of build being embraced by many members of the community.
    @doood:
    Thank you for trying to make sense of that rushed posting I made. You made the time I spent sharing that worth it. It was my first forum post of the type here and I didn't know there was a time limit for when editing can be done to forum post here. It caught me be surprise and yes I do apologizes for the confusion the post created.

Also you should had started your post with: "I'm also...." instead of "I too was..." LOL!

Now to the validity of your post by looking at the points you made:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To begin with:
    couldn't come up with any circumstances where there would ever be a reason to play it. I say "reason" to play it, because if you just enjoy solo'ing with it or doing open world grouped content you don't need a reason per se to play any build, just play what you find to be the most enjoyable.

Like most Druid variants and Cabalist variants lovers the idea of survivability is emphasized as a difficult must to obtain. This variant of both solves that and answers why this particular built for almost anywhere and everywhere by the speed and self-heals.

Speed and Mobility:
    In speed I don't mean run away, I mean hit and move and hit and move again and hit while moving too! The basic damage bonuses from both trees' combined are more than respectable granting a decent 3x stack Dark Waters and a hard hitting Trickster's Bolt.

Range is this variant's friend and Dark Passage, Grim Silence and Slumber (for 3 secs respite/repositioning by micro) is the real boss in a most boss fight ("I too" hate to see that green immune pop up telling me its shouldn't be that easy but the fight must be challenging I guess)

Unfortunately melee is what this built screams out as for serious damage delivery with its move in and out tactics against one and two elites at once or up to four creature regular mob when with a shield and an one hand melee. The Fervent Strike support by Thorn of Ire, Eruption of Life and nicely set-up Wild Strike plus the range stuff is a high damage yield and this melee part can be macro separately. From this point without covering the higher tier stuff yet I like to say speed and damage is why one could play this built anywhere!

Self-Heals:
    Then there is a third tree which I did experiment with the Justicar tree as but found the healing soul more beneficial for the defensive purposes as well as has this built working better with parties and against mobs in general. I worked with the Sentinel after finding the Justicar wasn't melding well here and I saw if I bring down the Cabalist's points I would have a decent healer but the survivability would fell heavily on the Sentinel and the passive fairie (yes, damage is applied well here) with no good answer to mob's problem. Plus the damage output suffered tremendously. I saw in order for the Druid/Cabalist to maintain the effectiveness that was there the tree couldn't have more than 16 points. So I went back to the Justicar but NO!! it wasn't there. The Warden did improved the mob problem's solution yet it didn't meld in well with the other two trees. So a decision was made; survival must be had selfishly. Well, that statement in the Rift's cleric's guide only mean Ward of Flame, so I went there and found all the answers behind Intensity and Searing Heat! (I has read the reason why but don't see the reason why these two contributors doesn't effect the Shield of Oak more. Shame on you Rift for that.)

Now with the passive fairie, movability, Shadow Breach (used only while stationary, good at at both melee or range with a third healing or defensive tree otherwise range only) the control spells and Reversal of Fortune, the Ward of Flame added made this built INTO A GOOD HYBRID CABALIST AND GOOD DRUID BUILT. (aka, I disagree with you, jebeninick)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ...claim that it is a great support heal/dps spec, which I (along with many others) would be hard pressed to agree with.

I stand by this claim to this day. and if you can cued this built up as Support in a dungeon run with 2 dps, healer and a tank perform as a support with crowd control and the tank's personal Ward of Fire when needed then you will see and believe it. (Somewhere between lvl. 58 and lvl.61 the Support Role's option for dungeon crawling disappear from the cueing menu. I don't know why? As a dps this built will need to melee more and that takes excellent handling with movement/targeting to remain among the top two damage producers in the party)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The healing fairy provides weak passive heals, that do not really help much at all when real healing is needed. If you were able to provide the small heals while still being able to push out very good dps, well then yes this would be a nice spec.

Exactly what's the happening here

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But yet again, there is no way this build could do the type of dps that would actually benefit any group or raid.
    Its meant as a party Support role and do does good dps.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It appears you spent a lot of time thinking about this build and putting it all together, and it is nice to see people put that much effort into this game, so don't think I am trying to be rude or condescending with my reply, I was just trying to give a little constructive feedback.

As I said before, if you enjoy playing this build and people around you don't mind, more power to you. I just don't see this type of build being embraced by many members of the community.

I had met those whom expect one to bring up a preset soul or they do become disruptive or plain rude in there which only can mean rude toward the team than the individual since their no "I" in team with all wrong addressing an individual like that one is the whole team.

These rude ones are few to rare to find in game anyway but when they are found I have to say they are loud and hilariously memorable. We shouldn't allow those like these to dictate our judgments while we strive to succeed as a team-player as first and foremost objective of playing in dungeon's runs. Don't you agree or are you one of those whom have more limitations than with patience and with thrills? Either way as a crowd pleaser, I always has my Holy Fire Shaman build and a Seraphic Guard (latter has a Guardian Soldier's uniform costume) ready when the team are in need of something other than a crowd controlling backup healer with only a good dps rate.
    Last edited by VoyRager; 07-23-2015 at 05:15 AM.

+ Reply to Thread