+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: So you want to shaman but you don't want to think?

Shadowlander

Default So you want to shaman but you don't want to think?

Here ya go folks! An even more brain-dead way to play shaman! Enjoy 3 button ST Shaman, 2 button AoE Shaman!

http://www.twitch.tv/krabkakes95/c/6934111

Keybinds:
    Non-Phys Macro: 1
    Phys Macro: 2
    DoT Macro: 3

Non-Phys Macro:
    #show Icy Blow
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Frozen Wrath
    cast Glacial Strike
    cast Jolt
    cast Icy Blow
    cast Ekkehard's Grasp
    Phys Macro:
    #show Crushing Blow
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Massive Blow
    cast Punishing Strike
    cast Combined Effort
    cast Crushing Blow
    cast Fervent Strike
    DoT Macro:
    #show Lightning Hammer
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Sanction Heretic
    cast Lightning Hammer
    CD Macro:
    #show Rage of the North
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Rage of the North
    cast Deep Freeze
    For AoE put the buff Vengence of the Primal North on, hit Maelstrom Macro -> Avalanche Strike -> Maelstrom Macro -> Avalanche Strike -> etc.

Maelstrom Macro:
    #show Strike of the Maelstrom
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Frozen Wrath
    cast Strike of the Maelstrom
    Kalerts:
    KA::AxGL/eNqllNuO2jAQhl+FF4D6kNiJfGUSW7tShSpK75CQAYdYmwNyvK 2Q+vCdZLOrUkCCruw
    LJxqNv//3zGRtvXWN3U9UUbQ+CCxW4liZk/Vw1LBWIvsnRDKaRYlUiks851pHAo2xCNbSFUHkJpg
    v6x/Pa7N1lQunjdu1Tbd2TbD+p20sme33nUgxExihWHDSbzyLIY/I1GKllv0JD4siYFi9/x6+2HC
    X/v2tPHXnxKuBQ/u2C1sXLLDijMeMphQnRM4jfcb6IisLglxtDrZby1dvphgNaBjH XCQ8FSnrN5r
    xq2wMDTdeY/vqDmVoXHOYPJm6Brjog3MWjD/YMIJo8REqJE8TyRCa83ROMq343dZ2palNM636VJB
    pUw6XvmlBERIp52c200e0LNpm2ntN/jabjGZn/rUre53zqv0FCrKcJRHCnCqc4VxCgrsEFP2bjdh
    4fAMG/nN2xk0e4b7J/Lw7jbhaKRXnmnCJeEK5uhcX/A5QzPS2w/gR0iV4OGmLyffgbXMI5TXoixh
    JIxQRGuc8T7SCZry7WoKtjxbsPoJBbmeqTfDG9RW4OQ2CEkr6z qR3dOYNPdBRPWso7WQBQ+O6oIs
    gqXOSZAoznjLGE/lA/R+dd6EtdlCNZm/924ThUfw5He+VfzkXPzdlyFg3hMGU4f89Zf4AvkCwOA
    *Yes, I know this won't pull top deeps.*
    Last edited by JCrabs; 07-07-2015 at 08:34 AM.

****'s broken.
    Broken != "simplified" rotation ((nonphys=>phys) and not overriding dots)

.______.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    Broken != "simplified" rotation ((nonphys=>phys) and not overriding dots)

.______.
    I don't mean it's broken because I made a simplified rotation with kalerts that munch's pet monkey could follow. I mean it's broken because it's a stupid easy spec to play even if you don't macro it and it's the top damage spec for clerics.
    Last edited by JCrabs; 07-07-2015 at 08:23 AM.

Excuse me, but shaman is actually (19.9203961*12394823032[20948.2342309/x54830]/94324.00094242134(((xyz932428xx*1)/21)]]]])()()((()))23432(()0)((3420) buttons if you include ascended powers, please stop spreading false rumours.

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Gilgad; 07-07-2015 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JCrabs View Post
    I don't mean it's broken because I made a simplified rotation with kalerts that munch's pet monkey could follow. I mean it's broken because it's a stupid easy spec to play even if you don't macro it and it's the top damage spec for clerics.
    A spec being broken does not equate to a simplified rotation. Every DPS spec (and even healing) can be made simplified but it doesn't mean it's "broken."

It's. not. broken.

It's. not. broken.
    You are broken.

Shadowlander

A spec being broken does not equate to a simplified rotation. Every DPS spec (and even healing) can be made simplified but it doesn't mean it's "broken."

It's. not. broken.
    I guess you don't understand what I mean by broken.

Pulling top-tier dps should be a challenge. It should be something you have to strive and put in work for. Many of the current top tier damage specs (Reaver, Inq, Shammy to name a few) can be learned in 10 minutes, Mastered in an hour or less and pull top-tier damage. To me, That IS broken.

I guess you don't understand what I mean by broken.

Pulling top-tier dps should be a challenge. It should be something you have to strive and put in work for. Many of the current top tier damage specs (Reaver, Inq, Shammy to name a few) can be learned in 10 minutes, Mastered in an hour or less and pull top-tier damage. To me, That IS broken.
    I will give you Reaver (even that is a stretch if you do not manage your DoTs on any non-ST burn fights) [I am sure Riane can attest ], buuuut Inq and Shaman are not easy to pull top-tier damage with .

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Solaxys View Post
    I will give you Reaver (even that is a stretch if you do not manage your DoTs on any non-ST burn fights) [I am sure Riane can attest ], buuuut Inq and Shaman are not easy to pull top-tier damage with .
    WHAT?!?! bahahaha. Okay.

Maybe compared to other rift specs, but compared to raiding in general (other games), those specs are stupid easy. Then again, we're in the day of raids being geared towards casuals so what can I expect.

Needs Mor Jolt!
    Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes, well, he eats you.

it's not broken and i don't think you have a really good concept of what that word means. the way you're playing it isn't optimal at all, in fact it's pretty terrible and no one with more than two fingers on either hand needs to play it this way. the "top damage spec for clerics" is shaman but it isn't done with three buttons.

i did the same thing for 38/38nbsin (3 buttons) for a few players who don't dps often but wanted an easy spec to use that wasn't ranger, does that mean nbsin is broken?

shaman is a very dynamic soul with it's priority system, especially in pvp, and throwing everything into a few macros is probably the worst way to take advantage of it's strengths.

i honestly hope you don't think you're pulling "top tier damage" with three buttons as shaman. i would really love to see someone "master" shaman in an hour, rofl.
    Last edited by ecru; 07-07-2015 at 02:49 PM.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    it's not broken and i don't think you have a really good concept of what that word means. the way you're playing it isn't optimal at all, in fact it's pretty terrible and no one with more than two fingers on either hand needs to play it this way. the "top damage spec for clerics" is shaman but it isn't done with three buttons.

i did the same thing for 38/38nbsin (3 buttons) for a few players who don't dps often but wanted an easy spec to use that wasn't ranger, does that mean nbsin is broken?

shaman is a very dynamic soul with it's priority system, especially in pvp, and throwing everything into a few macros is probably the worst way to take advantage of it's strengths.

i honestly hope you don't think you're pulling "top tier damage" with three buttons as shaman. i would really love to see someone "master" shaman in an hour, rofl.
    This was created when I was bored, wanting to see how braindead i could make shaman. I know it's not the optimal rotation, but it's still pretty damn decent for 3 buttons. I'm discussing PvE uses of specs, not PvP.

I don't, notice how at the bottom of my original post it says that I know it wont pull top deeps.

Anyone who thinks mastering Shaman or Inquisitor is hard must have the IQ of a pickle.

This was created when I was bored, wanting to see how braindead i could make shaman. I know it's not the optimal rotation, but it's still pretty damn decent for 3 buttons. I'm discussing PvE uses of specs, not PvP.

I don't, notice how at the bottom of my original post it says that I know it wont pull top deeps.

Anyone who thinks mastering Shaman or Inquisitor is hard must have the IQ of a pickle.
    Than go ahead and explain us exactly what rotation to use with all the important things to know about both Shaman and Inquisitor if it's so easy.

I can guarantee you that multiple Clerics and non-Clerics will correct you and show how far you are from having mastered both of those specs.

The simple fact that you think mastering Shaman or Inquisitor is easy show you have no clues about what mastering a spec really means.
    Last edited by Snap; 07-07-2015 at 10:53 PM.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Or be cool like this guy and 1 button shaman and <5 skills on bar all other roles!

http://www.twitch.tv/vsraptor/b/676308489
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

Quote Originally Posted by Boase View Post
    Or be cool like this guy and 1 button shaman and <5 skills on bar all other roles!

http://www.twitch.tv/vsraptor/b/676308489
    Watching that caused physical pain.

EDIT: Oh God, there is pvp at the end. The same 1 button Shaman spec in Blighted Antechamber. With backpedaling (as a melee?) and no consumables. I am done with the internet for now.
    Last edited by Stihl; 07-08-2015 at 03:37 AM.
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast