+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: [DPS/SOLO][3.0] The most awesomest build ever: Braindead KAlert Druid Guide

Plane Touched

Default [DPS/SOLO][3.0] The most awesomest build ever: Braindead KAlert Druid Guide

Greetings, fellow Rift players,
    and special greetings to those who like to eat, sleep, or do other things while playing their game. I have bright news for you: I have found a way to set up your game so it tells you which key to press. In a bright number. In the middle of your screen. How convenient!
    This build can be used for any solo activities and also for DPS in any place that is not a raid.
    Seriously, don't use this in raids. Unless your raid leader is very patient, and your fellow players are happy to carry you through there, you will have a bad time.
    The soul of choice for this is the druid, which has always been famous as the one-button spec. Well, this build actually uses 5 buttons, but believe me, it's still so easy a toddler can play it while eating, dealing a fair bit more damage than the one button druid.

The only things you need to gather before you can switch off your brain once and for all:

- A cleric, level 60 or above. This should also work below 60 if you tune the macros a little bit. But being me, I'm too lazy to explain how.

- This spec: 61 Druid/12 Shaman/3 Justicar

- KaruulAlert. If you don't know what that is, click here

- The following two macros:

Code:
    #show fervent strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast resounding blow
    cast combined effort
    cast punishing strike
    cast essence strike
    cast massive blow
    cast bolt of radiance
    cast fervent strike
    cast shield of oak
    cast glacial shield
    Code:
    #show Fae Mimicry
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Fae Mimicry
    cast resounding blow
    cast punishing strike
    cast massive blow
    cast combined effort
    cast essence strike
    cast bolt of radiance
    cast fervent strike
    - Something else to do while you're playing. (Optional)

Setting up your brain replacement device:
    First Step: Open KaruulAlert by typing /kalert into your chat window.

Second Step: Click on File -> Import Set.

Third Step: Paste the following code, then click on "Import"
    Code:
    KA::AF2yheNq9VNFumzAU/RW+gNnGYJCfKMFSpW4PHXuLFBkwxWrAkXE6RdrHz0CiJi0JTFMqw5W
    BgznH5x4Sve9q2b44mWyEppBmdLflB6Fdw/WLMMMdZkdyAjKlC0FjxiAgCCRhABEDbEWBhfZAYMe
    zrAxdccO/rX89rnkut9IcNrJQbbeu1fbQNdIIzy3LjoYQURJAikI3HAtwA7sUTdIfWfrcz4AL8Fn
    xgKWUnZ4PV8HwXfbnA8loQg27q5oIYUo8QgnqD+j6dhk0KQWOzNmkjrSqlDafPHk3QzW5bEXpjEA
    aB16CwzhNSQwfCGN4MX/ZGqHfRCvQwJ+E3qwbtoBbJmS10m3nqMp51IKGVz24xMUsjoIYBJCQFfZ
    xvNwCy141at8ZzXeQX7XBO9MAh3HDgO+ykYU+OPblie1nXDhHhOWdEN9Dic88yzzyvMW8c8E709h
    T6E1Xcy3KTa7astsUVzX4l60U9AWNs1vdpPc7I1VLIbhqxgnT2/EkK+sHRICl0QriJEow8f3lurj
    ORTm4cVUI/Bcz2NChxvlptHwVl3kY2X9AxOgBAoYD5McoDdJ0uSddrYrX3/ztGIcp6vjSA7svrj8
    T52Onz/1i7xiIEMO5XJ/ZkN1so1kdd+wlYrf6f3Wckkve+wgtDPZX5tqfy/VfDBhKnQ
    Fourth Step: Set up your hotbar like this:
    1: Eruption of Life
    2: Crushing Force
    3: Thorns of Ire
    4: The Fervent Strike Macro from above
    5: The Fae Mimicry Macro from above
    6: Wild Strike
    So, now you're good to go! Or should i say good to crawl? Using this build is very simple.
    1. Activate the following Selfbuffs:
    Courage of The Bear, Vengeance of The Winter Storm, Spirit of Asphodel, AId of The Forest, Subtlety

2. Summon the pet of your choice to do the thinking for you.
    At this point, some of my audience may already be too braindead to choose the correct pet. To those I say "Congratulations! Here's some help on which one you should use:"
    - For Single Target DPS, choose the Greater Satyr Destroyer
    - For AoE DPS, choose the Greater Faerie Seer and toggle on Fae DIspersion and Spirit of Upheaval
    - For Solo activites that require healing, choose the Greater Faerie Healer
    - For solo activites that require the separate tanking of adds, choose the Greater Satyr Protector and toggle on Spirit of Upheaval

3. From now on, if you are dealing Single Target damage, the big icon above your Hotbars will tell you which buttons to press to kill mobs. It's literally that easy. Spam the button shown until another one is shown, then continue to spam that one.
    If you are dealing AoE damage, just spam the button 6.

Final Notes: An honorable braindead person will ignore all the Icons except the big one. They are just useless timers. The only people who care about them are tryhards with no life. But because I am too lazy to hate them, I have added this funtion for them.
    No fairies were harmed during the making of this guide. A whole lot of dummies were harmed however.
    I hope this guide could help you and I am always open for suggestions, feedback, thoughtless hate, and offerings of money, food or sexual services.

Serious Final Note: I want to inform everyone who hasn't already figured it out that this guide is meant to be funny and thus makes use of sarcasm. I do not want to insult anyone and if I have done so, please forgive me, as I didn't mean it serious.
    Also, liver it up once in a while :P

Last edited by Athanil; 08-01-2015 at 05:56 AM. Reason: Fixed KAlert set to properly show Button 4 / Fervent Strike
    Athanil@Gelidra <Harshmallows>
    -- 11/11 HK | 8/9 MoM | 4/4 CoA NM --

This made me laugh a little. Then I peed my pants because I was to lazy walk all the way across the hall to the bathroom again. I don't like you.

Soulwalker

Exclamation is it broken?

I just found this and the KA seems to be broken. The buttons shown are in this order: 1 (Eruption of life), then 2 (Crushing force), 3 (Thorns of Ire) and then 5 (Fae mimicry macro, which I removed lvl 65 ability from). The Fervent strike macro is not shown ever.

Fae mimicry macro then stays shown for a while (guess I should spam it?). Is this normal behaviour for this, or is something broken?
    Thanks

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by durrkon View Post
    I just found this and the KA seems to be broken. The buttons shown are in this order: 1 (Eruption of life), then 2 (Crushing force), 3 (Thorns of Ire) and then 5 (Fae mimicry macro, which I removed lvl 65 ability from). The Fervent strike macro is not shown ever.

Fae mimicry macro then stays shown for a while (guess I should spam it?). Is this normal behaviour for this, or is something broken?
    Thanks
    The fae mimicry macro contains not only fae mimicry, but also the abilities that you are supposed to be using it with. the opening rotation you should be doing is Eruption of Life -> Crushing Force -> Thorns of Ire -> Fae Mimicry -> Resounding Blow -> Punishing Strike -> Massive Blow -> Combined Effort. The way the macros are being set up, this translates into 1-2-3-5-5-5-5-5. This causes your Fae Mimicry to proc on your four hardest-hitting abilities, getting the maximum value out of it.
    Removing punishing strike (what you did) will cause the macro to skip it, going FM -> RB -> MB -> CE -> Essence Strike, but not changing the way the alert works, as the alert is overriding any other alert as long as Fae Mimicry is active.
    So yes, this is an intended behavior, and the way this is meant to work, you are supposed to spam the fae mimicry macro (usually 5 times over 4 GCDs assuming no ability lag). After that, all stacks of Fae Mimicry should have been consumed and your Fervent Strike macro should show up as 4th priority (after the debuffs) until Fae Mimicry comes off cooldown again, about 25 seconds later).
    Removing Fae Mimicry from the macro will however break the alerts, as its state decides over the priority between 4 (Fervent Strike Macro) and 5 (Fae Mimicry Macro)
    Last edited by Athanil; 06-08-2015 at 02:10 PM.

Plane Touched

Default here is what is happening to me when i use this setup

i hit: 1,2,3,5 (which goes into a slow cd). karuul says to hit it again, but nothing happens and my dps is tanking. at some point 1 comes back up and it all repeats.

any idea what i am doing wrong?

Soulwalker

Could anyone help, it seems 1st macro never pops up, even after spamming the 2nd macro. Then it just goes on cooldown for 10seconds and nothing pops up on kalerts...

Is it broken>?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by GiantD View Post
    Could anyone help, it seems 1st macro never pops up, even after spamming the 2nd macro. Then it just goes on cooldown for 10seconds and nothing pops up on kalerts...

Is it broken>?
    Worked fine last time I tried it, but i'm gonna try it again later to see.
    Though i'm a bit confused about what goes on a 10 second cooldown?

EDIT: What level is the character you tried this on?
    Last edited by Athanil; 07-30-2015 at 04:25 AM.

Soulwalker

I'm 60. Is this the reason why? I never get the 1st Macro popping up. the Kalert will pop up macro2 5 or so times, I spam that. Then nothing pops up (besides refreshing DoTs 1,2,3) for a good 10seconds.

Hmm, I'll give this a go when I get home.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by GiantD View Post
    I'm 60. Is this the reason why? I never get the 1st Macro popping up. the Kalert will pop up macro2 5 or so times, I spam that. Then nothing pops up (besides refreshing DoTs 1,2,3) for a good 10seconds.
    I've tried some things again, and the problem also appeared for me now. I've changed the kalerts to fix this:

KA::AF2yheNq9VNFumzAU/RW+gNnGYJCfKMFSpW4PHXuLFBkwxWrAkXE6RdrHz0CiJi0JTFM qw5W
    BgznH5x4Sve9q2b44mWyEppBmdLflB6Fdw/WLMMMdZkdyAjKlC0FjxiAgCCRhABEDbEWBhfZAYMe
    zrAxdccO/rX89rnkut9IcNrJQbbeu1fbQNdIIzy3LjoYQURJAikI3HAtwA7 sUTdIfWfrcz4AL8Fn
    xgKWUnZ4PV8HwXfbnA8loQg27q5oIYUo8QgnqD+j6dhk0KQWOz NmkjrSqlDafPHk3QzW5bEXpjEA
    aB16CwzhNSQwfCGN4MX/ZGqHfRCvQwJ+E3qwbtoBbJmS10m3nqMp51IKGVz24xMUsjoIYB JCQFfZ
    xvNwCy141at8ZzXeQX7XBO9MAh3HDgO+ykYU+OPblie1nXDhHh OWdEN9Dic88yzzyvMW8c8E709h
    T6E1Xcy3KTa7astsUVzX4l60U9AWNs1vdpPc7I1VLIbhqxgnT2/EkK+sHRICl0QriJEow8f3lurj
    ORTm4cVUI/Bcz2NChxvlptHwVl3kY2X9AxOgBAoYD5McoDdJ0uSddrYrX3/ztGIcp6vjSA7svrj8
    T52Onz/1i7xiIEMO5XJ/ZkN1so1kdd+wlYrf6f3Wckkve+wgtDPZX5tqfy/VfDBhKnQ

@Athanil:
    (These comments are related to your comments made on the JSO Introduction thread)

Nice and really isn't slow like a crawl; more like a steady plowing thru pace. Great work on the macro. (Really preferred that indicator square above the left-handed corner of the action bar because its a little too much imposing in the center like that.)

Psst... Needs some debuffing interaction macro that can jump right into play without disturbing the macro's mathematical sequence you have.[B] LOL, only kidding! [/B]That would requiring thinking and that defeats the purpose of this Kalert.

Yet an overall thanks, yeah really! I liked the experience this info brought me and the part about no pet was harmed was surprising accurate in my trial run too but you aren't getting any rl physical favors from here for this. RIFT concepts should never be that good!!

I had also taken a look at your suggestion to use the druid instead of the shaman with the JSO project and found it as an ill-set climb on the trees with the Justicar/Oracle in making a deep capacity tank soul. I didn't stop at that results and since the low-Oracle is the theme over there on that thread as a contributor for making a cleric tank soul. Well, to finish reporting to you the best results I had found for a Justicar/Druid soul tank that can take on all phases of in-game RIFT; completed by your suggested opting only which wasn't fit to be published thread low Oracle points for tanking thread:

Here's our bundle of joy.
    41 Justicar- 18 Sentinel - 17 Druid

Its a two-handed weapon healer with tank-like stats, decent team and single targeting heals and a good dps rate too to boot that also have no need to summon a pet unless the character becomes lonely for an more interacting companion. (The Dismiss Pet is the pet's best ability here and highly recommended so the no harm policy to any pets by this build can be maintained.)

If you choose to receive and do right for our baby, your assignment is created a braindead Kalert for your newest child-star above

Again thank you for your passage on my threads. Even though I love playing strong conceptual build over hybrids; I had always found hybrids more educational for playing RIFT than most of the pre-set builds especially this one you produced here.

(btw: To me a hybrid Build/Soul is a non-preset build with a 61-point tree in it. If the build/soul has no 61 points tree and is no in-game listed pre-set build than I preferred to called it a concept instead of a hybrid.)

Plane Touched

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by VoyRager View Post
    @Athanil:
    (These comments are related to your comments made on the JSO Introduction thread)

Nice and really isn't slow like a crawl; more like a steady plowing thru pace. Great work on the macro. (Really preferred that indicator square above the left-handed corner of the action bar because its a little too much imposing in the center like that.)

Psst... Needs some debuffing interaction macro that can jump right into play without disturbing the macro's mathematical sequence you have.[B] LOL, only kidding! [/B]That would requiring thinking and that defeats the purpose of this Kalert.

Yet an overall thanks, yeah really! I liked the experience this info brought me and the part about no pet was harmed was surprising accurate in my trial run too but you aren't getting any rl physical favors from here for this. RIFT concepts should never be that good!!

I had also taken a look at your suggestion to use the druid instead of the shaman with the JSO project and found it as an ill-set climb on the trees with the Justicar/Oracle in making a deep capacity tank soul. I didn't stop at that results and since the low-Oracle is the theme over there on that thread as a contributor for making a cleric tank soul. Well, to finish reporting to you the best results I had found for a Justicar/Druid soul tank that can take on all phases of in-game RIFT; completed by your suggested opting only which wasn't fit to be published thread low Oracle points for tanking thread:

Here's our bundle of joy.
    41 Justicar- 18 Sentinel - 17 Druid

Its a two-handed weapon healer with tank-like stats, decent team and single targeting heals and a good dps rate too to boot that also have no need to summon a pet unless the character becomes lonely for an more interacting companion. (The Dismiss Pet is the pet's best ability here and highly recommended so the no harm policy to any pets by this build can be maintained.)

If you choose to receive and do right for our baby, your assignment is created a braindead Kalert for your newest child-star above

Again thank you for your passage on my threads. Even though I love playing strong conceptual build over hybrids; I had always found hybrids more educational for playing RIFT than most of the pre-set builds especially this one you produced here.

(btw: To me a hybrid Build/Soul is a non-preset build with a 61-point tree in it. If the build/soul has no 61 points tree and is no in-game listed pre-set build than I preferred to called it a concept instead of a hybrid.)
    I am not really sure if you are trolling, but why are you posting this here instead of posting it in your own thread on the topic you are talking about, where it belongs?
    Also the definition of a hybrid is that it does not contain 61 points in one tree, you using the term hybrid to refer to 61-point builds is extremely confusing.
    Finally I still cannot find any use for your build, sorry. But I wish you much fun with it, as long as you keep posts about it in the thread where they belong!

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by phartoute View Post
    If you are referring to my guide, then I agree, I also have no idea what I'm writing.
    If you are referring to the guy who posted before, then I also agree, I also have no idea what I'm reading there.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Athanil View Post
    If you are referring to my guide, then I agree, I also have no idea what I'm writing.
    If you are referring to the guy who posted before, then I also agree, I also have no idea what I'm reading there.
    oops, forgot to quote voyrager in my post
    Last edited by phartoute; 09-07-2015 at 04:08 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast