+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [3.0] Link Puri [REVISED for raiding] (54 puri/22 def)

Default [3.0] Link Puri [REVISED for raiding] (54 puri/22 def)

This build works almost exactly the same as full Purifier, but with the added benefit of having 2 defiler links to help mitigate tank damage. This build is on a similar premise to the 38 puri/38 defiler guide I posted previously, but more suited for raid tank healing. (as suggested by usman in the previous thread)

The 5% and 10% defiler link combined with the 7% DR from Sign of Faith make the equivalent DR on the tanks at 12% and 17% respectively. This is only slightly less DR than the top 2 links in a full Defiler build, but with the benefits of having enough Purifier to keep the tank(s) alive.

---------------------------------------
    The Build:

(54 Purifier, 22 Defiler, 0 Sentinel)

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#m.../U8iyQQ/p|PJP0

The Upsides:
    • 5% and 10% Defiler Links
    • Auto-cast Husk of Indifference
    • Purifier +7% DR (Sign of Faith)
    • Purifier Shielding
    • Purifier Cooldowns

The Downsides:
    • No Flame of Life
    • No Fiery Will
    • No Unstable Transformation
    • No 15% or 20% Defiler Links

The Masteries:

61 - Righteous Protection (+5% chance for Clear the Coals)

62 - Divine Inspiration (Increased healing and absorption)

63 - Meditation or Faith's Freedom (Mana Regen+Rebounding Cleanse or 100% hp battle Res)

64 - Faith's Reward (Reduces the cast times for Latent Blaze and Foul Growth)

65 - Divine Favor (best used on the Tank and any other heals or people taking a lot of damage to help out the raid healer(s))

The Buffs:
    • Caregiver's Blessing (extra shields on targets of heals)
    • Sign of Faith (+7% DR on targets of heals)
    • Eruption (deals damage to the healing target's target)
    • Wisdom of the Ages (+85 Wisdom for the raid)
    • 5% Defiler Link
    • 10% Defiler Link
    • Rage Blight (Not much use here, but it's there)

The Macros:

Auto Crit Symbol of the Sun:

#show Symbol of the Sun
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Flashover
    cast @mouseoverui Symbol of the Sun

This will give you a full crit on symbol of the sun when Flashover is available, otherwise it will just cast Symbol of the Sun regular.

Spot Healing Macro:

#show Healing Flare
    cast @mouseoverui Healing Breath
    cast @mouseoverui Healing Flare

You can add in Symbol of the Torch to this macro as well for spot shielding.

The only other macros that I use are @mouseoverui heals to make spot healing easier.

Sample @mouseoverui Maco:

#show [spell]
    cast @mousoverui [spell]

The Main Idea:
    • Keep Symbol of the Sun active on the tank as much as possible
    • Have the 10% link on the main tank, and 5% on OT, or raid healer (depending)
    • Spot heal as necessary
    • Use Rite of the Forge and Spiritual Conflagration to keep the tank alive in bad situations
    • Use stacks of Faith's Reward to cast Latent Blaze, Ward of Fire, and Foul Growth as needed.
    • Use Gathering of Flames to help mitigate raid damage.
    • Husk of Indifference will always be active, there is no need to worry about it.

Example rotations for healing:

With lots of incoming tank damage:
    1) Symbol of the Sun -> Ward of Flame -> Ward of Fire -> Repeat (cooldowns/spot healing as needed).

When tank is taking low to moderate damage, or you are expecting a large hit of damage:
    2) Symbol of the Sun -> Ward of Flame -> Ward of Flame -> Ward of Fire -> Repeat (cooldowns/spot healing as needed).

*Note: Ward of Fire will consume all stacks of Faith's Reward when cast, so plan accordingly if you need to use the stacks for other spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Xertol View Post
    The Downsides:
    • No Flame of Life
    • No Unstable Transformation
    • No 15% or 20% Defiler Links
    The main reason to play Purifier or Defiler are exactly these things.
    I don't think many people will use this specc for raiding. (might be ok to play in expert dungeons)
    RIP RIFT | <Transcendent> | Stream | [AddOn] PullTimer
    Trions business plan ...

Quote Originally Posted by Kapnia View Post
    The main reason to play Purifier or Defiler are exactly these things.
    I don't think many people will use this specc for raiding. (might be ok to play in expert dungeons)
    I use this build on Jinoscoth (we 1 tank it) except I picked up Ward of Scorching over Ward of Fire since I don't do much tank healing.

Telaran

Terrible..

Rift Disciple

Aww I'd love to try this out. I love both Puri and Defiler.

While I do not have as much raid experience, I still think this spec could work just fine if you have a Paladin tank that can take care of your Flame of Life with their equivalent skill and if the encounter is light enough for you to not need the 20 % link but hard enough to have to bring SOME sort of link (although you could also run Necro but I dont know how their dps is compared to their usual full dps specs).

And while Unstable Transformation is an awesome savior, it's not like ppl build their raid setup around having to rely on it right? So I think not having it could work out as well.

If you need/want that extra full dps spot that's usually occupied by a full Defiler this spec seems to be worth a try. I mean, in a perfect world everyone's performing at their best so you're fine with the dps spots you already have and dont really NEED another one but oh well. I do like hybrids as well =D
    Alaysa@Gelidra
    Laysa@Gelidra

www.eternal-dawn.net @Gelidra [EU]

Quote Originally Posted by Xertol View Post
    Latent Blaze, Ward of Fire, and Foul Growth as needed.
    What is the point of ever casting foul growth if you dont pick increased HP for tanks proc?
    You can swap out 2 points in reduced link dmg since it is normalized in NT and is not a problem when you reapply husk with every cast anyway. Though i doubt it is worth bothering to spend 1 gcd every 10 secs to keep it up even on 1 tank (definitely not possible for 2 tanks).

+ Reply to Thread