+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [open world] Just/Inq 38/38

Telaran

Lightbulb [open world] Just/Inq 38/38

This is the build I am using in my adventures in NT leveling: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#n...g/rvahhkyix0/p, with masteries: Avenging Shield[61], Benevolent Presence[62], Faith's Freedom[63], and Diversify[64], planning to take Divine Providence at [65].

First of all: This build is not meant to fit the group roles for group content. I use it well in solo questing and carnaging and rift groups. It's meant to be survivable and overall beneficial in any fight.

I will explain why is this build working, these are highlights:

a) Inq soul adds pure damage, with one defensive cooldown. Justicar brings pretty much of its survivability with increased defences and health, but a damage increase in talents, and heals as well. Third soul is optional, I use Sentinel for another instant heal. These souls work well with each other, both deal life damage.

b)There are few characteristics:
    Life and Death Concord with Unified Theory is the Inquisitor mechanic - after four life spells, Bolt of Depravity is cast instantly, boosting further life damage.
    Hammer of Duty, cast at 7 Convictions, deals most damage and boosts further damage (life most).
    Fanaticism forces next ability cast to crit, this is best used on 7-Convictions HoD or instant BoD, folowed by the other, since Zealotry talent increases crit chance. Added value from Masteries is the Avenging Shield giving us a shield [3% of hp]
    For defense, Just Defense is a great shield on shorter CD, Resplendent Embrace a weaker one on double the CD, Judicial Privilege heals for 50% of hp over short time, if attacked, and Harsh Discipline is scaled off maximum hp as well, Doctrine of Bliss heals a fair amount, consuming up to 4 Convictions and adding another 6%hp shield if causiing overhealing (note that one Conviction is enought to proc the shield).
    In group content, this build helps by a little healing with Salvation (or Doctrine of Loyalty), but can stun (Sovereignty), mass interrupt (Interdict), taunt and shave off some damage with its defensive CDs, passively increases magical damage (Clinging Spirit and Spiritual Deficiency), and has an oh-**** instant ress (Absolution boosted by mastery Faith's Freedom).

Interchangeable (free) points in masteries and soul tree:
    Divine Providence is probably worse than Soul Stream or Vicar's Bulwark.
    The Zealotry (2 points) can be swapped for Cunning Analysis (or 4% spell power in third soul tree).
    Symbol of Corruption and Armor of Treachery may be worse than Concentration in Inq tree.
    Thorvin's Law is taken for additional survivability (it's great), take Life's Devotion or any other talent in the Justicar tree, if you don't like it.

How to Play:

6 buttons in main single target rotation: Bolt of Radiance(1), Bolt of Judgement(2), Hammer of Duty(3), Sanction Heretic(s1), Bolt of Depravity(s2), Fanaticism(s3):
    [use 1, s1 on CD] - [s3 right before 3 or s2 (on CD)] - [3 at 7 convictions, s2 when it becomes instant] - [spam 2 if nothing else is ready].
    It's best to start a fight with a cast ability (2), use s3 followed by 3 and Doctrine of Bliss - this gives you 9%hp shield to start with.
    (1 and s1 mean the button to have it on: 1 and shift-1)

Other buttons: Even Justice(4), Soul Drain(s4) - AoE spam on CD, but remember to go in melee . Harsh Discipline and Doctrine of Bliss, if you need a bit healing in-between damaging. Interdict should be used against casters on CD, or at bosses when needed. Have Just Defense, Resplendent Embrace and Judicial Privilege ready where you can easily click, if you take too much damage. Intercede, Abolution and Provoke in group situations may be helpful, if you use Mien of Leadership, you may tank a bit. Last, remeber you have Spiritual Deficiency (good dps boost on longer fights) and Trepidation (mass fear).

Achivements so far : leveled up to 64 (I jumped to tarken at 63), survived all quest and rift encounters, killed a few rares and elite carnages. I have much fun overall with the build and i am glad Trion allowed this hybrid to me (along with all masteries being useful). There are two mechanics to watch for in fight, so it's never a boring rotation.

Some numbers for those interested: at lvl 64: 4294spellpower (858dps increase) 10+15 percent crit, 3,40crit dmg increase (424 hit right now - I am badly itemised, true) but I see about 40k HoD crits, 10k spam hits and various 100-1000 salvation heals, 8-9k DoB heals at 62224hp (Mien of Honor).

If you think one can do world content easier in a dps role, you are wrong. I can't. Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kviki View Post

Some numbers for those interested: at lvl 64: 4294spellpower (858dps increase) 10+15 percent crit, 3,40crit dmg increase (424 hit right now - I am badly itemised, true) but I see about 40k HoD crits, 10k spam hits and various 100-1000 salvation heals, 8-9k DoB heals at 62224hp (Mien of Honor).

If you think one can do world content easier in a dps role, you are wrong. I can't. Deal with it.
    Are these your stats from just questing greens? I thought world content was too easy in inquisitor, but there is a huge stat difference between us.
    12/12 -- 15/15 -- 9/9
    Comet Of Ankhet -- 2/4HM
    Lethaemis@Laethys 1600 Primalist

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Lethaemis View Post
    Are these your stats from just questing greens? I thought world content was too easy in inquisitor, but there is a huge stat difference between us.
    Mostly yes, I took everz better piece of gear i found, but still have some SL 60s items, like chestpiece or weapon. I dropped a 64 staff from a rare in Tarken ... it is awesome, but for a mage, so i passed it. Now i wear mostly greens from quests (didnt do many Draumheim quests), a few blues, from quests and the Gyel Fortress drops, but only 2 newer essences. I wasnt that bad in SL, but made it barely over 400hit, without Dendrome Torvan essences.
    I always wondered where people get those insane numbers, like 7k spellpower, when I had barely 3k.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Kviki View Post
    I always wondered where people get those insane numbers, like 7k spellpower, when I had barely 3k.
    I'm stilling at 12.5k w/ 1000 hit. Don't worry, you'll get there we'll all make it

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Aaiden View Post
    I'm stilling at 12.5k w/ 1000 hit. Don't worry, you'll get there we'll all make it
    I don't need your compassion. I am powerful now, with an old chestpiece, weapon, cape and seal. Can we keep the talk about the soul build?

Soulwalker

How do you think this would work to level from 30 with? I like the idea you came up with, just only 30 atm

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by CursedNemo View Post
    How do you think this would work to level from 30 with? I like the idea you came up with, just only 30 atm
    At lvl 30 i would probably go http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#nG28M/rvahhk/p, then continue to spend points in Inq for Unified Theory and Fanaticism, after that Just to Just Cause and take Armor of Awakening once you reach 50. You would probably feel like a tank at first, but it will change once you start using Unified Theory.

+ Reply to Thread