+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Oracle/Druid Soloing Hybrid

Plane Touched

Default Oracle/Druid Soloing Hybrid

Hey folks,
    today I want to present you the spec that i currently use for solo activities such as chronicles, daily quests etc,and will likely use for leveling in 3.0: The 52 Oracle / 24 Druid. Now I know that a lot of people will be mad at me because I use such a bullsh*t spec instead of the "standard" 61 druid / inqui / (insert any other popular soloing spec). But to be honest, after using those specs for quite a while, I got bored, and wanted to try something new, and since I really don't think you have to use a min-maxed super-efficient spec for soloing (chronicle bosses do not have any mentionable enrage), and since I really like the oracle, i made an oracle spec for soloing.
    So, first and foremost: This spec is just for fun. This spec can not compete with the other current specs in terms of DPS and stuff, and it isn't supposed to. It IS however suitable for all current solo content in the game, even if you don't have amazing gear (My gear is a mixture of SLE purples, bad essences (except for 1), and the occasional T1 item,and i have no trouble using this spec).
    DO NOT USE THIS IN A RAID, SLE, CONQUEST, OR ANYTHING WHERE YOU HAVE TO PERFORM

So, with no further ado, here's the spec:
    52 Oracle/24 Druid/0 Justicar

Pros and Cons

This spec has:
    - An amazing burst cooldown
    - Acceptable ST and AoE damage output
    - Very good self-healing and sustainability
    - A pet for healing or tanking (but it performs OK without the pet)
    - Some raid buffs (good for 2-man chronicles or group questing)
    - 2 Interrupts

This spec does not have:
    - Competitive DPS
    - CC
    - Oracle Raid Cooldowns (Defend the Fallen and resusiscating Chant)

Buffs and Pets
    - Mass Bestowal: This applies all your buffs except for the favors.
    - One of your three Favors:
    - Favor of the Current: Increases Movement Speed
    - Marshaled Favor: Reduces Mana usage
    - Defensive Favor: Increases Armor and Resistances

Note on buffs: All your buffs are Raid Buffs, meaning that you have to reapply them after death. Which favor you use is generally your choice, any one of them has its benefits. Marshaled Favor, however, is only really useful when you are in a party, since your own mana will only go down very very slowly.

PETS:
    You can choose between the Greater Satyr Protector (Tank) and the Greater Faerie Healer (Healer). Advantages of the Satyr Protector are that you can keep a healthy distance and do a little bit more DPS due to the Satyr's attacks. (However I've often experienced that the Protector can't keep aggro, so be prepared for mobs attacking you.)
    Advantages of the Healer are much better Sustainability and a more reliable postioning of the enemies, since they will always attack you.

Macros

There are only 2 Macros worth using:

Insignia Macro:

#show Glacial Insignia
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Glacial Insignia
    cast Insignia of Blood

Interrupt:

#show Grim Silence
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Grim Silence
    cast Notion Theft

Skills you need on your hotbar
    Emblem of Ice, Insignia Macro, Wasting Insignia, Insignia of Protection, Emblem of Alacrity, Emblem of Pain, Battle Fury, Interrupt Macro, Oversight, Discerning Wave, Meditative Chant and/or Peace of the Forest

Optional:
    Shield of Oak, Icy Cascade, Corroded Defense, Fae Step, Slumber, Thorns of Ire, Eruption of Life

Playstyle
    This spec revolves around alternating your Emblems and Insignia while keeping up Wasting Insignia and Insignia of Protection on the target and Emblem of Alacrity on yourself.
    You rotation depends on what kind of Enemies you're dealing with.

Normal ST Rotation (Used on normal mobs):
    Start by applying Insignia of Protection, Wasting Insignia and Emblem of Alacrity, then alternate betwen Emblem of Ice and your Insignia Macro. Reapply Insignia of Protection, Wasting Insignia and Emblem of Alacrity when they fade. The Insignias have to be refreshed after 15s, Emblem of Alacrity lasts 30s.

Extended ST Rotation (Used in long fights such as Chronicle and Zone bosses):
    You also start by applying IoP, WI and EoA, then cast Battle Fury (If it is up), spam Your Insignia Macro for 10s, then you cast Emblem of Pain, Emblem of Ice, Insignia Macro, repeat. Keep up IoP, WI and EoA as pointed out above. Use Battle Fury whenever available (see below)
    The reason why you only use Emblem of Pain on longer Fights is because it needs to build up 3 stacks on the opponent before they explode. Normal mobs generally die before you reach 3 stacks.

Battle Fury:
    Battle Fury is your only cooldown. It is up every minute. Battle Fury reduces the cooldown of Glacial Insignia to 0 for 10 seconds and provides all Emblem effects, allowing you to spam your Insignia macro for a huge amount of burst damage.
    If you run very low on health, you can also cast Battle Fury and then spam Icy Cascade to heal yourself. This should only be used as a last resort, as Battle Fury is primarily a DPS cooldown.

AoE
    AoE is very simple: You open up with Discerning Wave, then toggle Oversight on and continue with your normal ST Rotation. Oversight causes the damage of your ST abilities to be split between 3 targets. Remember to turn Oversight off again after you're done AoEing.

And that is pretty much it already. If you have any questions or criticism (except for "this build is weaker than X, why are you using it?", i answered that one above), feel free to post them. If you find any typos, you can keep them!

Final Note: I currently don't have guide writer status, so I can't edit this post for now. I will try to get the permissions at some point, but until then, every update/correction will have to happen as a reply to my own post...
    Last edited by Athanil; 09-09-2014 at 09:55 AM.
    Athanil@Gelidra <Harshmallows>
    -- 11/11 HK | 8/9 MoM | 4/4 CoA NM --

Kinda wish I had oracle looks like it may be a fun spec. oracle is the onyl 1 of the 4 souls I would get the Dream Pack for, but I'm a poor player I hate farming other then achievements.

Plane Touched

Default Just my two cents...

Thanks for the build suggestion! I'm going to play around with it for a while and see how I like it. I do have one suggestion, though...

The level 62 Mastery talent option Blessing of Penitence will make Fervent Strike a ranged attack instead of a melee attack (in addition to boosting the proc on Oracle's Insignia of Protection, making it doubly nice for this build). Fervent Strike also deals more base damage than Trickster's Bolt; both spells are instant cast and use the same amount of mana. It seemed to be a waste of a skill point to even get Trickster's Bolt when Fervent Strike is superior in damage dealing and equal in resource-management; instead I put the point into Carry a Big Stick, which boosts Fervent Strike's damage even further.

If you don't take the Blessing of Penitence mastery skill, I can see why Trickster's Bolt might be an attractive option as it is a ranged spell while Fervent Strike is a melee ability. But with Blessing of Penitence, you might be better off ignoring Trickster's Bolt completely.
    "You haven't just crossed over to the Dark Side...you're baking the damn cookies!"

Quote Originally Posted by BMEgal View Post
    Thanks for the build suggestion! I'm going to play around with it for a while and see how I like it. I do have one suggestion, though...

The level 62 Mastery talent option Blessing of Penitence will make Fervent Strike a ranged attack instead of a melee attack (in addition to boosting the proc on Oracle's Insignia of Protection, making it doubly nice for this build). Fervent Strike also deals more base damage than Trickster's Bolt; both spells are instant cast and use the same amount of mana. It seemed to be a waste of a skill point to even get Trickster's Bolt when Fervent Strike is superior in damage dealing and equal in resource-management; instead I put the point into Carry a Big Stick, which boosts Fervent Strike's damage even further.

If you don't take the Blessing of Penitence mastery skill, I can see why Trickster's Bolt might be an attractive option as it is a ranged spell while Fervent Strike is a melee ability. But with Blessing of Penitence, you might be better off ignoring Trickster's Bolt completely.
    you NEVER use fervent strike in this build.
    also, check date, this build is quite outdated. some of the talents chosen are pretty bad. use full inq for soloing, or full shaman with savant crystal.

+ Reply to Thread