+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Cleric Guide Compendium

Default Cleric Guide Compendium

As the Cleric section is lacking one of these I thought of making one myself, to start off I'm not big on fluff as you can properly seen in my many guides they are pretty much cold and straight to the point and this will be no different.

The guides I link to the soul are what I consider to be best ones for PvE, though other guides will still give good insight.

Stats
    Spoiler!

Planar Attunement
    Spoiler!

Runes
    Spoiler!

Essences
    Spoiler!

Dream Orbs
    Spoiler!

Karuulalert
    Spoiler!

Guide:
    The name is the link to the most useful guide.
    I've put under the Guide the current spec, with Masteries as some are lacking them.
    Also Free to Play (F2P) spec for those that don't have access to the Soul Packs.

Leveling and Solo Guides
    Druidicar

Holy Fire Shaman

Lawbringer

Tanking Guides
    Justicar
    Tank Soul
    Engages Npcs taking all the auto & normal damaging attacks done that would kill anyone else.
    - 61 Justicar, 8 Inquisitor, 7 Shaman

Healing Guides
    Purifier
    Healer Soul
    Great ST absorption though with little AoE absorption/healing
    - 61 Purifier, 11 Sentinel, 4 Oracle
    - 61 Purifier, 11 Sentinel, 4 Inquisitor (F2P)

Sentinel
    Healer Soul
    Good ST healing with bad AoE healing.
    - 61 Sentinel, 10 Purifier, 5 Oracle
    - 61 Sentinel, 10 Purifier, 5 Inquisitor (F2P)

Warden
    Healer Soul
    Great AoE healing with bad ST healing.
    - 61 Warden, 10 Sentinel, 5 Oracle
    - 61 Warden, 10 Sentinel, 5 Inquisitor (F2P)

Support Guides
    Oracle
    Range Dps Soul
    Buffs the entire Group or Raid and debuffs any enemy.
    - 61 Oracle, 10 Shaman, 5 Inquisitor

Damage Dealing Guides
    Shaman
    Melee Dps Soul
    Good ST damage with very good AoE damage.
    - 61 Shaman, 8 Inquisitor, 7 Druid

Inquisitor
    Range Dps Soul
    Great ST damage with bad AoE damage.
    - 61 Inquisitor, 10 Shaman, 5 Defiler
    - 61 Inquisitor, 10 Shaman, 5 Sentinel (F2P)

Runeshaper
    Range Dps Soul
    Good ST damage with bad AoE damage.
    - 51 Runeshaper, 17 Shaman, 8 Inquisitor

Defiler
    Range Dps Soul
    - 41 Defiler, 28 Inquisitor, 7 Shaman

Druid
    Melee Dps Soul
    Good ST damage with good AoE damage.
    - 44 Druid, 24 Shaman, 8 Inquisitor
    - 61 Druid, 10 Shaman, 5 Inquisitor

Cabalist
    Range Dps Soul
    Great AoE damage with good ST damage.
    - 61 Cabalist, 10 Shaman, 5 Inquisitor
    Last edited by Burninalways; 09-16-2016 at 03:48 AM.
    True Server First Prime GP: Anrak the Foul & Guurloth
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

Bumping for support. Mods will hopefully remove mine.
    Fancy sigs are still dumb.

Justicar link goes to the Cabalist guide.

Should change the Sentinel link to Ahov's Inyr Sentinel Guide instead. It actually better reflects how to play the soul than his original Sent guide does IMO even if it's written for a single encounter.

I know you're not big on fluff, but I'd recommend one of the KAlert guides as well for Shaman besides Ahov's guide to list along side it.
    Last edited by Trilkin; 08-29-2014 at 12:38 PM.

Well fine if we are moving to this thread.
    Awesome and definitely needed! Now how do you report for Sticky?

Shouldn't lie so much about Druid tho, ya can't say its Bad ST dmg, there are plenty of other DPS souls that are worse! Inq is the only option for ranged tho, and Shaman does do more damage, but Druid sure is funner to play and its mechanics make sense unlike Shaman.
    My hate for Shaman isn't because its hard to play just don't think its mechanics make any sense, and its not very fun. haha
    But these are just personal preferences /sigh

Oh You don't Need the Roles addon to make Karuuls passively change sets. Just type
    /kalert set=auto
    and from then on it will automatically change set to the same # as the Role #, keeping them all nicely sync'd. No matter how you choose to change roles via addon, Soul Tree or macro
    Last edited by Eilauria; 08-29-2014 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eilauria View Post
    Well fine if we are moving to this thread.
    Awesome and definitely needed! Now how do you report for Sticky?

Shouldn't lie so much about Druid tho, ya can't say its Bad ST dmg, there are plenty of other DPS souls that are worse! Inq is the only option for ranged tho, and Shaman does do more damage, but Druid sure is funner to play and its mechanics make sense unlike Shaman.
    My hate for Shaman isn't because its hard to play just don't think its mechanics make any sense, and its not very fun. haha
    But these are just personal preferences /sigh
    Druid actually parses lower than Inquisitor - especially in raids since Druid scales poorly with raid buffs. Even on the dummy, Inquisitor will parse higher than Druid over a 3 minute period. Druid really is the cleric's lowest DPS option in general, but it's an extremely strong solo soul with a good amount of utility. In a way, you're paying a hybrid tax of sorts.

I don't understand how shaman mechanics don't make sense, though - they make perfect sense: magic attacks buff your next physical attack, and like any other spec, you want to use your hardest hitting abilities alongside your cooldowns. After that, use your hardest hitting stuff as it comes off of cooldown, making sure to alternate magic and physical appropriately and maintain DoTs.

As far as Roles (the addon) goes, sometimes you'll have multiple specs that are just variations of the same spec so you'll want to use the set that goes with the primary spec. I know I have a few different defiler and justicar specs that share a KAlert set. Also helps swap out gear (generally crystals and trinkets.)
    Last edited by Trilkin; 08-29-2014 at 12:50 PM.

Also for Karuul's. Since I just noticed the Boss Alerts which is handy and nice.

You could put those in a subset then type:
    /kalert subset=#
    and it will maintain the same subset through all of your roles, so when you change roles you will see a message like " Kalert set=1, subset=1 " if you change to your 1st role, " kalert set=2, subset=1" changing to 2nd and so on.

Karuul's Alert useful commands
    /kalert set=auto
    /kalert subset=1

Not really correct thread for the debate. However
    Quote Originally Posted by Trilkin View Post
    Druid actually parses lower than Inquisitor
    Simply not true Gear and Boss time being = Druid will handily beat Inq every time.
    It also does better DPS then nearly every other Soul other Callings call their poor DPS Souls. Which Druid is, it is definitely our poor DPS soul but its not bad when compared to the other "not top DPS Souls". So IMO it can't be called "bad" just not as good as ~.

Druid scales poorly with raid buffs
    Never heard anyone else mention this and not sure of its accuracy, but I see no reason why they don't.

it's an extremely strong solo soul with a good amount of utility. In a way, you're paying a hybrid tax of sorts.
    Agree 100%

I don't understand how shaman mechanics don't make sense, though - they make perfect sense
    I didn't say I didn't understand it. I did say it was personal preference. It just doesn't make sense to me how a lightning bolt makes hammer to the head hurt more..:P
    I use Shaman and Inq quite abit, and trying to get a handle on Defiler. There are a few fights were I use Druid, it can be nice to have pet on 1 target while I dps another or the extra Interrupts come in handy.

As far as Roles (the addon) goes, sometimes you'll have multiple specs that are just variations of the same spec so you'll want to use the set that goes with the primary spec. I know I have a few different defiler and justicar specs that share a KAlert set. Also helps swap out gear (generally crystals and trinkets.)
    Definitely. KAlert is almost mandatory, Roles is not and you can get similar/same functionality without it if you prefer not to have the extra addon, was my point.

Plane Touched

This kinda makes mine redundant as well keep it up!
    Athanil@Gelidra <Harshmallows>
    -- 11/11 HK | 8/9 MoM | 4/4 CoA NM --

Shadowlander

Default druid guide

Quote Originally Posted by Soalia View Post
    No Fae Mimicry completely destroys all and any burst Druid has. The author thinks the passives from the sub souls makes up for it, but he's wrong those builds are just bad. The Druidicar Guide in the list would be much better for solo leveling.

This is the only proper Druid guide thread on these forums worth referencing:
    61 Druid Rotation Guide by haybale

None of the other guides teach you how to play Druid properly (it's not hard), and it's part of the reason people think Inq > Druid when that is not the case whatsoever.
    Spence <Legit>

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Sheridyn View Post
    This is the only proper Druid guide thread on these forums worth referencing:
    61 Druid Rotation Guide by haybale

None of the other guides teach you how to play Druid properly (it's not hard), and it's part of the reason people think Inq > Druid when that is not the case whatsoever.
    It doesn't matter; there is no fight you would run 61 Druid on. Its disconnect dps is even worse than Shaman, and Shaman is still better for stand-in-melee dps.

I could write a guide on all the nuances of Cabalist ST dps but that wouldn't mean it's worth using in a raid. A druid solo guide makes more sense as that is its more natural niche (even though other solo specs can work as well).
    Last edited by Ahov; 08-31-2014 at 11:59 AM.

Glad to see it Got stickied!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    It doesn't matter; there is no fight you would run 61 Druid on. Its disconnect dps is even worse than Shaman, and Shaman is still better for stand-in-melee dps.

I could write a guide on all the nuances of Cabalist ST dps but that wouldn't mean it's worth using in a raid. A druid solo guide makes more sense as that is its more natural niche (even though other solo specs can work as well).
    I agree it is not really needed for any progression raiding. We did use it for inyrkta in my old guild for several nights of progression due to a lack of warriors and that guide was the spawn of that experience. I believe there is a way for warriors to potentially handle 2 crystals which likely could have been the better option.

I think it is important for new players to get in the habit of learning ability interactions though regardless and none of the soloing druid guides really emphasize that. Instead, there is a general promotion to throwing everything into a macro. Bad habits tend to carry over from one spec into another and I was a victim of that for a while.

Anyways, just my two cents on the matter. I think a true guide should offer play styles for a beginner all the way up to the most advanced regardless of viability. I would not advertise mine of doing the first of those but I think only offering the simplest form is selling the entire community short.
    Last edited by haybale; 09-01-2014 at 12:31 PM.
    Haybale@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post

I'm not really here to debate the viability of Druid - I just don't see a reason to promote guides that feature sub-standard macros and little to no mechanical discussion. 61 Druid/10 Shaman/5 Inq is a simple spec to understand and play properly. I've seen many players attempt to play Druid on Inyr'Kta and none of them have had a clue what they're doing.

I highly advocate using a separate section of the thread for leveling/solo builds.
    Spence <Legit>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast