+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Clairvoyant Fanatic - a 61 Inquisitor Guide

Shadowlander

Default Clairvoyant Fanatic - a 61 Inquisitor Guide

A mortal who can foretell the future due to the gods is known as a Prophet. A prophet who is chosen by the gods to become an ascended, however, can choose one of two paths with their new-found power. They can become an Oracle and guide their allies down the correct path to prevent destruction, or they can become the force that steers destruction down the correct path. That is the Clairvoyant Fanatic. Justified to use the forces of life and death to turn evil against itself.

The build is: 61 Inquisitor, 8 Oracle, 7 Defiler

This is the setup I use for my action bar:

Buffs

This build gives you a lot of buffs. It's important to know which buffs you should and shouldn't use in which situations.
    Oracle buffs: Only to be used for solo play. Casting them in a raid environment will only give your bard (if you have one) a headache.
    Defiler buffs: Always keep Rage Blight up. Cast Blighted Greed on a Tank, Defiler or Necro with links.
    Inquisitor buffs: Keep Spiritual Scrutiny, Shroud of Agony and Armor of Awakening up at all times. Refresh Armor of Awakening often as the synergy crystal currently is bugged and you will lose the SP bonus associated with Armor of Awakening every time you enter or leave instances or die.

Normal Rotation

The priorities of your normal rotation are as follows, in order of importance:
    1. Sanction Heretic + DoTs. Cast this every time Sanction Heretic off CD. Once you cast Sanction Heretic, you will then cast Scourge, Vex and Wasting Insignia immediately after. This keeps all your DoTs on the same timer so you never have to worry about casting them too early and losing the last tick of damage.
    2. Bolt of Depravity
    3. Bolt of Retribution, but ONLY if you have a stack of Echoing Concord and can afford to stand still for 1s.
    4. Bolt of Judgment when you have no stacks of Echoing Concord or are moving.

Sample rotation (assuming all CDs have been used and you have just cast a Bolt of Depravity):

2x Bolt of Retribution (to properly remove echoing concord stacks) -> 2x Bolt of Judgment -> Sanction Heretic + DoTs -> Bolt of Depravity -> 2x Bolt of Retribution -> 3x Bolt of Judgment, etc, casting DoTs when Sanction Heretic is off cooldown.

Burst Rotation

Your burst cooldowns are the most important part of your DPS and must be handled correctly.
    After you go through a normal dps rotation as per the priority list above (That would be 1 cast of each DoT and 4x Bolt of Judgment), you will have reached Unified Theory. At this point, your supports should have dropped their DPS boosters (If they haven't, you should wait for them). Once you have both Unified Theory and a DPS boosting move active, you go through this rotation:

Fanatacism -> Bold of Depravity -> Nysyr's Rebuke -> Sanction Heretic + DoTs if Sanction is off CD, if not, Bolt of Retribution or Bolt of Judgment -> Bolt of Depravity -> Radical Coalescence -> Fanatacism -> Bolt of Depravity -> Nysyr's Rebuke -> Sanction + DoT Rotation -> Bolt of Depravtiy -> and back to normal rotation priorities.

This burst will shoot your dps up much higher than your normal rotation skills and the 7-8 stacks of Echoing Concord you built up will keep your DPS high for another 2 rotations.

At this point, you wait for Nysyr's to come off cooldown, use Fanatacism -> Bolt of Depravity -> Nysyr's Rebuke, then wait again for both Nysyr's and Radical Coalescence to come off cooldown together and repeat the cooldown rotation. Rinse and repeat.

You will NEVER use Fanatacism at any point other than before a Bolt of Depravity to set up Nysyr's Rebuke, unless you are clearing trash and want to use Soul Drain instead.

As a reminder, even though your largest damage comes from cast time skills, you should ALWAYS prioritize surviving over doing damage. A dead player does 0 dps. If you're casting Nysyr's and you're standing in stupid, MOVE.

Gear

Like every other DPS build, you will try your best to reach Crit Power cap ASAP. After (and during) that, you should prioritize Spell Power, because of the SP+% passives in Oracle and Inquisitor trees, plus Nysyr's, Scourge, Vex and all 3 bolts scale HEAVILY with Spell power. You will have more than enough crit chance from flat wisdom/int and your soul tree to justify ignoring crit chance gear bonuses.

Situational Abilities

Perserverance
    A very useful skill in PVP and vs bosses who use crowd control.
    Judical Privelege
    Restores 10% health every time you take damage, up to once per second. Very useful in PVP to run away, chase or survive. Also useful in large DPS portions of boss fights, like Crucia's Orbital Strike.
    Trepidation
    This skill is great for PVP. Use Judical Privelege to run into a large group, then pop Trepidation and have lulz while people run in every direction.
    Bewilder
    Single target fear skill broken on damage. Useful in PVP to setup your Nysyr's so you can get at least 1-2 ticks off on the enemy.
    Purge
    PLEASE make a macro announcing this skill. "Purging %t" is easy to make and your raid will thank you.
    Confound
    Same as Purge. Make a macro. "Interrupting %t" is brainless and can save lives.
    Aggressive Renewal
    Mostly useful in PVP if you've been mana wrenched. Also gives slightly higher dps than casting one Bolt of Judgment, but it doesn't add a stack of Life and Death Concord. It doesn't really add to or take away from your DPS, so it's your choice of whether or not you want to use it.
    Harsh Discipline
    A small sustain skill useful in big damage situations in PVE and PVP. Along with Judical Privelege and Harsh Discipline, you can take a lot of pressure off your healers in situations like Solvarola and Crucia.
    Soul Drain
    The only AoE skill you have worth using. It'll give you a pretty big burst and can be used in place of Bolt of Depravity as your skill to cast after Fanatacism when clearing trash. Otherwise, use your single target skills.
    Circle of Oblivion
    A skill whose main use is to get charred flamesource to proc before a fight begins. Unless facing 5 targets, your damage will be significantly smaller than your single target damage.

Mostly Useless Abilities

Excommunicate
    Mostly useless for PVE, but in PVP it's pretty funny to knock people off cliffs and buildings away from objectives.
    Emblem of Ice
    Once thought to be useful to cast before Nysyr's Rebuke, now known to be rather useless, as the damage difference between it, a cast of BoJ and the damage boost to Nysyr's is miniscule and only adds complication and sometimes dps loss.
    Insignia of Blood
    Cast time skill with low damage. There's no situation where this should ever be used.
    Spiritual Deficiency
    7% Non-physical damage debuff. Only useful if you're trying to solo a fight that will last more than 30s, like chronicle bosses. Otherwise, you should never use this as your oracle/bard/chon will hate you.
    Marrow Harvest
    The only use of this skill is if you have to be faced away from your target for a second and your DoTs don't line up with that one second. Otherwise it's a DPS loss.

Macros

I don't recommend macros with this build other than to announce your Purge and Confound. The things you could macro together are mostly situational skills or skills leading up to your cooldown burst and using the macro incorrectly would mean you lose a large amount of dps. This is one class in the game I have way more success with using zero macros.

Closing Notes

The most important thing with this build is to watch the cooldowns of sanction heretic, nysyr's rebuke and radical coalescence. They will tell you exactly when you need to refresh your DoTs and when to cast your burst rotation and will thus keep you at max DPS. I choose to cast Sanction + DoTs after each radical Coalescence to simplify my rotation and keep the timer to watch on my bar and not the enemy's debuffs.

You should be casting Nysyr's Rebuke roughly 5 times in the first 2 1/2 minutes of a fight, in bursts of 2-1-2-1-2-1 etc. Save your double Nysyr's for when you have dps buffs from your raid's support. Cast your single as soon as it is up.

Disclaimer:
    This is my first guide. This build is NOT intended to make claims of being mathematically the top ranged DPS build for cleric, it is not, but in regards to results in raids and on dummies, it comes extremely close. Multiple parses on both the PTS and live shards from multiple people have came back with a less than 5% difference in DPS for this build vs 10 cabalist/5 defiler, with the difference favoring either one. The clear "winner" cannot be made due to the RNG. That fact alone should tell you that this build, being more simple to play and more forgiving, is "better" for the average player, while the 10 cabalist/5 defiler build is more suited for the hardcore player who makes no mistakes.

While you may see many similarities to Ahov's guide, this build focuses around the cooldown of Sanction Heretic to keep DoTs at their full potential and stacking Concord of Life and Death stacks every ~2 minutes to 8 stacks and burning through them for a large burst.

P.S.
    I suck at naming builds.

Comments welcome!

Rift Disciple

does this thing hit harder than 10cab/5def in a raid?
    Fluffybottom no more

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by mini me View Post
    does this thing hit harder than 10cab/5def in a raid?
    Honestly, I haven't seen any major difference in DPS. It's practically the same and is dependent on the RNG as to which build hits harder. It could go either way depending on how many crits the RNG gives you.

This build is basically the same damage but is much more forgiving to play.
    Last edited by Varkrey; 06-24-2014 at 11:34 PM.

Champion of Telara TheDoomgiver's Avatar

please post a screenshot of gear + sigil.

Shadowlander

Me posting a screenshot of my gear is as irrelevant as asking you to post a screenshot of yours. On the PTS a dummy test was done with full raid buffs and BIS gear. The DPS difference was 50 dps. That was highly due to the RNG and the rotation wasn't the best, but here were the results of that:

Quote Originally Posted by haybale View Post
    Both of these are raid buffed with a powerstone on the PTS (No Rage Blight). 10 Cab pulled just slightly ahead while suffering from a lower crit rate almost across the board. Yes the two seem to be very close but give the Cab build back a comparable crit rating and the gap will widen (It's crit % should be 1%+ higher based on SC values). Someone else may see a larger gap here as well regardless as i tend to refresh DW a second early at times.

10 Cab / 5 Defiler (7925, 3327 Spell Crit, 1400 CP)

8 Oracle / 7 Defiler (8287 SP , 3180 Spell Crit, 1400 CP)

My prioritization of Wasting was probably incorrect for a couple globals in the Oracle parse this was my first attempt but overall there isn't really a lot to screw up here as the 3 dot's line up really well throughout the rotation.
    Last edited by Varkrey; 06-25-2014 at 03:26 AM.

Champion of Telara TheDoomgiver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Varkrey View Post
    Me posting a screenshot of my gear is as irrelevant as asking you to post a screenshot of yours. On the PTS a dummy test was done with full raid buffs and BIS gear. The DPS difference was 50 dps. That was highly due to the RNG and the rotation wasn't the best, but here were the results of that:
    you are using testing gear or live?

better test with both. hence i asked for gear screenshot.

Shadowlander

Originally I had tested 10 oracle/5 sentinel (which I now know was pretty dumb, so I switched to 8 oracle/7 defiler) and had a drastic dps difference from 10 cab/5 defiler, but that was because I had pre-T1 gear and spell power bonuses made a huge difference seeing as how I had 161 CP and about 1800 wisdom, but 4000 SP.

I had a thread posted here which a few people have replied with live gear tests... I posted it and tested both builds like crazy on live.

I'll post a few screenshots I did the past week before I decided to write up the guide. (At lower tier gear, this build easily out-damages 10 cab/5 defiler, but with better gear the difference seems to be smaller.)

Dummy parses:
    10 cab/5 defiler: http://imgur.com/I60ekFS
    8 oracle/7defiler: http://i.imgur.com/Xzb75xE.jpg

Stats screenshot, self-buffed:
    10 cab/5 defiler: http://i.imgur.com/rQz6qLs.jpg
    8 Oracle/7Defiler: http://i.imgur.com/fUzJgMz.jpg

Champion

Can this compete against the other ranged DPS specs in T3? If not, doesn't matter.

Plane Touched

With Inspiration of Battle and Spiritual Deficiency you have a pocket bard at your disposal, don't forget that you have it, especially in groups or solo without one. Moving a point from War Mentality to Inspiration of Survival is well worth it if you are not yet raiding and mostly gearing up in experts or are lower level.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Emtbob View Post
    With Inspiration of Battle and Spiritual Deficiency you have a pocket bard at your disposal, don't forget that you have it, especially in groups or solo without one. Moving a point from War Mentality to Inspiration of Survival is well worth it if you are not yet raiding and mostly gearing up in experts or are lower level.

Pocket bard? Eh, thats a stretch. But definitely in a dungeon or open world content when running full support class would be a waste.. Might as well right?
    Arseth - Cleric // Garatook - Mage // Haane - Rogue // Trogsnoth - Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Mumnoch View Post
    Can this compete against the other ranged DPS specs in T3? If not, doesn't matter.

I just like to say that not everyone belongs to the 1% who do T3.
    Im going to try this spec on the next raid, and see how it compares to my usual inq spec. I really dont like the DW spec, lag and all that messing with it.

Dimensions: Summer Cottage@Gelidra, Twisted Fairytale@Gelidra, T.A.R.D.I.S@Gelidra, Desperation@Gelidra, 11:th Hour@Gelidra, Bunny Suicides@Gelidra, Lost@Gelidra / By Avalania: Mad Doctors lab@Gelidra,

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Sarima View Post
    I just like to say that not everyone belongs to the 1% who do T3.
    Im going to try this spec on the next raid, and see how it compares to my usual inq spec. I really dont like the DW spec, lag and all that messing with it.

If there is only 1% of the playerbase that does T3 then that's sad for this game.

Even with that, if 100% of the playerbase did T3, Inq's (our only ST range spec) is still behind every other ranged spec by a healthy margin and there's a lot of T3 bosses that require you to be ranged.

It's problems like the above that has so many of Rift's players now playing Wildstar or another game. If you take away the ability of a class to compete there's not much reason to stick around imo.

I agree on that Inq needs to mach up with the other ranged specs.

Dimensions: Summer Cottage@Gelidra, Twisted Fairytale@Gelidra, T.A.R.D.I.S@Gelidra, Desperation@Gelidra, 11:th Hour@Gelidra, Bunny Suicides@Gelidra, Lost@Gelidra / By Avalania: Mad Doctors lab@Gelidra,

Plane Touched

Radical Coalescence throws your burst off by as much as 10 seconds every time its used. I hadn't raided in inquisitor in a while, but its pretty amazing how much it throws your dps off.

Soulwalker

I need to point out a couple things that will also help, first the inq crystal bonus damage from scourge only working on inq skills is an indicator that you should limit other class skills such as darkwater and wasting insignia(unless using inspiration, which you should not in raid), also they have changed shaman for 10% spell power now and that works out a much better option than oracle because it has 1% damage per soul point vs 0.75% with oracle. since I have stopped using non-inq skills my dps has jumped up a bit, generally 18k on dummy parse live.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast