+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 61 Druid Rotation Guide

Ascendant

Default 61 Druid Rotation Guide

61 Druid/10 Shaman/5 Inq Is the standard single target Druid spec. This guide includes some specifics to Inyr'kta as it is the only PvE encounter where Druid is realistically the best option if lacking in the warrior department. My parses show druid around 7-8% behind Shaman and slightly ahead of Inquisitor. I would like to hear what other people are seeing using the rotation below.

The goal here is to maximize a spec that the majority of people will generally spam a single macro and hope for the best. This is understandable due to it's lack of viability over Shaman but, nonetheless, the rotation that follows should result in the highest ST output using the point spread above. Dark Water Druid is slightly higher sustained and I will put a brief section on it at the bottom.

Buffs/Pet
    Satyr Destroyer
    Spirit of Asphodel
    Fury of the Fae
    Subtlety
    Aid of the Forest

Inquisitor

Armor of Devotion

Shaman

Vengeance of the Winter Storm

Macros

Spam Macro
    Code:
    #show Essence Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Essence Strike 
    cast Massive Blow 
    cast Fervent Strike 
    cast Trickster's Bolt 
    cast Lightning Hammer
    Inyr Crystal Pull Macro
    Code:
    #show Fae Extraction
    suppressmacrofailures
    target @mouseover
    cast Fae Extraction
    targetlasttarget
    Other abilities to manage seperately

Druid
    Combined Effort (CE)
    Resounding Blow (RB)
    Crushing Force (CF)
    Eruption of Life (EoL)
    Fae Mimicry (FM)
    Strength of the Fae, Shield of Oak, Fae Step, Notion Theft, Wild Strike, Summon Greater Faerie Seer, Fae Dispersion, Spirit of Upheaval.

Inquisitor
    Vex

Shaman
    Lightning Hammer
    Ride the Lightning

The Rotation
    The Druid rotation is dependent on correct timing of Resounding Blow consumers. Your 2 hardest hitting abilities are Combined Effort and Crushing Blow so these are the 2 that will be used to consume the 50% buffs every 7.5 seconds.

Depending on the encounter and how the pull is beginning, your rotation should generally begin with EoL> Fae Mimicry > Cycle 1 (below). I have found this especially true during Inyr Progression as i have generally been able to fit 3 FM's in during the 1st phase burn. If your DPS is high enough to beat the phase shift in under 1 minute, I recommend waiting until the 2nd RB>CE cycle to use Fae Mimicry.

In the normal rotation your cycles will break down like this every time every 7.5 seconds.
    Cycle 1: RB>CE>Macro x 3
    Cycle 2: RB>Crushing>Macro>Vex>Macro

Fae Mimicry Block (Modified Cycle 1)
    FM>RB>CE>Lightning Hammer LH (If Essence Strike is not off CD) > Macro x 2 (3 if LH was not used due to Essence Strike being off CD)

Note 1:
    The modified cycle is dependent on cooldown timers of Massive Blow and Essence Strike in order to maximize Fae Mimicry's contribution. LH is not always necessary as the 2 abilities will line up after CE again 3 Fae Mimicry's later. LH is vitually dps neutral with Fervent Strike but is a gain at this point since it delays consumption of Fae Mimicry for a larger contribution from Essence or Massive Blow.

Essence Strike Leading FM Block (3rd FM block from initial) :
    FM>Essence Strike>RB>CE>LH>Macro(MB)>Macro>Begin Cycle 2.

Note 2: For the 3rd Fae Mimicry block you should be able to apply FM before the last ability in Cycle 2 (Essence Strike) based on the slightest amount of lag that is occurring during your rotation. This means that there will never be an FM block that you cannot fit all 4 of your hardest hitting FM consumers in (RB/CE/MB/ES)

Target Swapping
    When Swapping targets always get up Eruption of Life first and then step into the cycle rotation where you left off on the previous target. Lead on a new target with the CE cycle if it is coming off cooldown within the next 3 seconds.

Utility Descriptions
    Fae Extraction - Using the macro posted at the top of this guide on Inyr'kta, you only have the hover your mouse over the crystal and use the macro once. This will instantly pull and retarget inyr'kta without any loss in dps. Keep in mind you must be facing the crystal for Extraction to function correctly.

Notion Theft - Interrupt is an Interrupt

Fae Step - Teleport. Also provides a run speed boost. Useful for run out mechanics such as Aggressive Infection as you can port to your active target instantly and gain a boost for the next 5 seconds to drop the debuff quickly.

Strength of the Fae / Shield of Oak
    - 50% damage reduction for 10 seconds / 25% damage reduction for up to x damage.

Faerie Seer + Fae Dispersion + Spirit of Upheaval
    - AoE Mode

Wild Strike
    - Weak 5 target melee aoe. Use the single target rotation and ignore this ability on less than 4 targets.

Gear
    Stack CP to cap where Critical Hit will gain a higher weight against sp than at lower CP values. I don't have an exact value but based on what math i have done Critical hit will hold a .45-.5 weight to 1 spellpower. This also pushes intelligence up to around .475-.5 and Wisdom to between .975-1

The synergy crystal is vital as it is the only reason Crushing Force is used as your 2nd cycle Resounding consumer. Without the crystal, swap Vex and Crushing Force in the rotation.

Dark Water Druid

61 Druid / 10 Cab / 5 Inq

This is really just for those that care to experiment. I have found the sustained dps to be slightly higher than the base druid build while it's burst is lower and target swapping is a struggle. Regardless it is a fun rotation to mess around with.

Cycle rotation persists with a few additions and filler management.

Cycle 1
    RB > CE > Filler > Vex > Filler

Cycle 2
    RB > CF > Filler > Curse of Discord(CoD)> Filler

Above is the basic DW cycle rotation and is not much different than normal druid with the addition of CoD. The change comes in that now you must manage your filler abilities properly.

Spam Macro
    #Show Essence Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Essence Strike
    cast Fervent Strike
    cast Trickster's Bolt

Dark Water(DW) along with the other abilities in the rotation should be separate

Initial buildup
    Lead with Eruption of Life > FM
    Cycle 1 RB > CE > Macro (Essence Strike) > Vex > DW
    Cycle 2 RB > CF > DW > CoD > Macro(Essence Strike)

After the initial buildup, your fillers before and after Vex and CoD are dependent on DW and Essence Strike timers. Using this rotation you should never have to skip a Vex or CoD application or delay RB to refresh either DW or Essence.

This means you must sometimes refresh DW as early as the 4 second mark when leading into an RB as you never want more than 2 gcds to pass after Essence Strike comes off of CD.

As with normal druid, use Fae Mimicry always before an RB>CE cycle but you have no abilities to delay consumption without dropping the rotation and clipping dots. After RB>CE consumes the first 2 stacks just continue with the cycles.
    Last edited by haybale; 04-28-2014 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by haybale View Post
    The Rotation
    The Druid rotation is dependent on correct timing of Resounding Blow consumers. Your 2 hardest hitting abilities are Combined Effort and Crushing Blow so these are the 2 that will be used to consume the 50% buffs every 7.5 seconds.
    Do you mean crushing force or massive blow?
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Fiskerton View Post
    Do you mean crushing force or massive blow?
    derp Crushing Force
    Last edited by haybale; 04-29-2014 at 11:48 AM.

I'd recommend keeping Massive Blow out of the macro and on a separate button just to ensure that it always gets used at the same spot in the rotation (2nd ability after Combined Effort).
    Spence <Legit>

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Sheridyn View Post
    I'd recommend keeping Massive Blow out of the macro and on a separate button just to ensure that it always gets used at the same spot in the rotation (2nd ability after Combined Effort).
    This is a good idea but my reasoning is the rigidness of the cycles pretty much force MB into that spot even being inside the macro as it is the only logical place for it to fit on a precise 15 second timer. The only time it would not be pushed into that position is if you forced another ability outside of the macro into it's spot.

Ex: RB>CE> Essence Strike > LH > Macro

This would force MB into the final spot of that cycle and it would continue to be pushed back due to Essence Strike timing only landing in the 2st or 5rd spots of either cycle. Eventually MB would naturally be pushed back into it's proper point in the rotation using the macro where it would stay unless you screwed up again and replaced a macro press with something else. Essentially it is a rotation error if the macro doesn't prioritize MB correctly.
    Last edited by haybale; 06-18-2014 at 05:17 PM.
    Haybale@Greybriar

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by haybale View Post
    This would force MB into the final spot of that cycle and it would continue to be pushed back due to Essence Strike timing only landing in the 2st or 5rd spots of either cycle. .
    Wow, I totally failed at typing here. I meant 3rd or 5th.
    Haybale@Greybriar

I mention it mostly to preserve rotation through disconnects or target swaps where the Massive Blow could otherwise slip into an unintended location. On a dummy the macro is obviously fine. The spec is pretty low on keybinds compared to Inquisitor/Shaman and it makes the playstyle similar to the DW variant (though you're keying MB/Vex instead of Vex/CoD).

I find myself using a macro with CE+CF (post-RB macro), but it occurs to me you could also macro MB+Vex.

If you did this you'd have four main buttons (and LH on a separate key):
    1. RB
    2. CE+CF macro
    3. ES+FS+TB macro (Filler)
    4. MB+Vex macro

1 > 2 > 3 > 4 > 3

Seems pretty tidy.
    Spence <Legit>

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Sheridyn View Post
    I mention it mostly to preserve rotation through disconnects or target swaps where the Massive Blow could otherwise slip into an unintended location.
    The only situation where disconnects/target swaps would cause an issue is if you used CE and immediately disconnected after that ability with MB still off cd(3 second window for the macro to fail). Otherwise as long as both of those abilities are either on or off cooldown you are always going to lead with a CE block when able and MB falls into sync. Regardless, you are right about using it as you would CoD in the DW rotation so there really isn't a need to have it where i put it.

Overall the macros just come down to preference but i will have to try your setup out as it seems i may of overcomplicated my keybinds in places and as pointed out made a misstep in leaving MB in there when it's just as simple to manage outside of the macro.
    Haybale@Greybriar

You're right, it's mainly an issue when you disconnect after CE. Worst case scenario you disconnect when your next two abilities would be ES and MB and then that throws off the position of MB by one spot. That in itself is probably not the end of the world, but you need to be aware that it has happened so you can use LH appropriately.

Macros always come down to personal preference. The thought process behind mine is to tidy up the rotation for new players, since both halves of the 15-second cycle would use the same series of keystrokes. However it still makes sense to carry a backup Vex on a separate key in case MB ever slips too drastically that a rotation 'reset' is needed.

Unfortunately you still can't macro the awareness required for:
    • Spotting when you need to use FM prior to the last ES in a cycle rather than first RB
    • Using LH to delay FM consumption for MB/ES
    but it automates the bulk of the rotation fairly well.
    Spence <Legit>

in your first macro, lightning hammer will never go off, since both it and trickster's bolt do not have cooldowns.

A better macro would be:

fae mimicry
    resounding blow
    combined effort
    mighty blow
    essence strike
    fervent strike

From everything I have found playing both a shaman and druid over the years, I can get druid to do about 2k more dps than shaman, but it could be I am just better at druid than shaman lol.

Seeing Combined Effort crit for about 32+k being doubled by Fae Mimicry makes me giddy every time.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Hexelonious View Post
    in your first macro, lightning hammer will never go off, since both it and trickster's bolt do not have cooldowns.
    It will when facing away which is why it is at the end of the macro.
    From everything I have found playing both a shaman and druid over the years, I can get druid to do about 2k more dps than shaman, but it could be I am just better at druid than shaman lol.
    It should be about the opposite honestly ( Shaman > Druid ) but shaman does has a more complex rotation.
    Haybale@Greybriar

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Hexelonious View Post
    fae mimicry
    resounding blow
    combined effort
    mighty blow
    essence strike
    fervent strike
    These types of macros are effective for the majority of what druid is used for (Soloing) but combining everything in one like this will not give you your highest output because of CD variations.
    Haybale@Greybriar

Soulwalker

How does Druid parse on Proteus compared to Shaman?
    < NIRVANA >
    Rhoneen@Wolfsbane

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by rhoneen View Post
    How does Druid parse on Proteus compared to Shaman?
    Druid is alright during the burst for that encounter due to Fae Mimicry. Overall though, Shaman should generally be higher since its burst is guaranteed whereas you are heavily reliant on the CE crit in druid. Also Shaman, is nice for cleaving the adds down which druid is not all that efficient at. Someone else may be able to speak more to how it fairs compared to Shaman there as i only ran it one week to try and pump out the highest hit during the burn (Fae Mimicry > Resounding Blow > Tidal Surge > CE).

I have only really ran Druid on Inyr out of necessity for the pull. Otherwise, on any other encounter Shaman should be the go to.
    Haybale@Greybriar

Using Lightning Hammer over Fervent Strike when possible seems to be a slight DPS gain (approx 75-100 DPS for me). Obviously you don't want to ever clip the Lightning DoT, and you need to make sure you don't apply it to a target before a Fae Mimicry block where you're going to need it.
    Spence <Legit>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast