+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lightning Linker Support/Solo spec (38 Defiler / 38 Shaman / 0 Puri)

Default Lightning Linker Support/Solo spec (38 Defiler / 38 Shaman / 0 Puri)

I'm not posting this as a guide so much as offering it up to scrutiny. Do you folks think this is a decent build to bring into experts (for support)? It's fantastic for soloing, but I'm thinking dungeons. I know that Clerics can't play true support, but they're still useful for off healing (or another res) on occasion. Though I've looked around, I haven't seen a combo like this around the forums. So here we go. Lemme know your thoughts. :P

Calculator Link

38 Defiler / 38 Warden / 0 Puri

This is a melee support spec that provides respectable dps (not the best, but that's not the point of it) and disgusting amounts of survivability. You have three shields that stack, one of which reflects damage, as well as several methods of healing either yourself or another player.

Strengths:
    • Extremely survivable
    • Fair single target melee DPS
    • Fair AOE DPS
    • Interrupt
    • Combat res
    • ST 1 condition cure
    • 20% damage reduction via Link of Suffering for the tank or focused player
    • Able to off heal (st healing) fairly well with 3-4 different respectable heals.

Weaknesses:
    • Will not keep up with a true DPS, especially if they're geared
    • While a decent healer, will not replace one (nor should it, tbh)
    • To perform the best dps/healing, you need to stay above 90% health.
    • While it has some range between the dots and EG, the range dps is really, really terrible.

Buffs:
    • Rage Blight
    • Link of Suffering (on the tank, or focused player)
    • Glory of the Chosen
    • Vengeance of the Winter Storm
    • Heart of the Frozen Sea
    • Courage of the Bear
    • Courage of the Eagle
    • Grief Blight (when picking up off heals in emergencies only--keep rage otherwise)

Macros:

"Ouch Button"
    #show glacial shield
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast glacial shield
    cast symbol of the torch
    cast hideous reconstruction

All Teh Spam
    #show massive blow
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast jolt
    cast rage of the north
    cast massive blow
    cast icy blow
    cast ekkehard's grasp

Because of the nature of jolt (120% damage boost after a crit), you may choose to remove jolt from the macro and use it yourself when the buff procs. I, however, I'm far too lazy for that sort of thing. So I spam it and hope for the best.

How to play:

SINGLE TARGET DPS: Start by setting up your shields with the ow button (lol). Charge with Ride the Lightning. Set up (and maintain) your dots: Siphon Vitality, Lightning Hammer and Bond of Pain. Spam the ST macro. Hit jolt on crit proc if you removed it from said macro. Laugh an evil laugh.

AOE DPS: Spam the holy hell out of Strike of the Maelstrom. Make that button regret the day it ever settled down into your keyboard.

Healing: Most likely, the tank (or linked player) will be the one in need of heals. Use Feedback (aoe heal) to trigger their three stacks of foul growth quickly (every time you damage an enemy, they gain a stack), or Loathsome Restoration (st heal) if they need a little more. Keep them topped off with Hideous Reconstruction.

If **** has officially hit the fan, quickly switch to Grief Blight (that's a 20% healing boost at 5 stacks). Use Jealous Intervention to cure any nasty debuffs. If an unlinked player is in need of heals, don't waste time casting foul growth manually. Instead, give them Hideous Reconstruction (a hot), and spam Loathsome Restoration until their ouchy is gone. If they're in serious danger and are being focused, switch your Link of Suffering to them instead. If they die, you also have a bonus over most other support with a combat res.

There's probably a macro to manage all that a little easier, but I usually just switch to a different bar for full off healing.

When you're low on mana, use Ageless Ice. It'll snare you for a bit, but it's better than getting that health debuff off defiler's version.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by baconses; 03-19-2014 at 07:19 PM.

I think you should look again at your point spread. Your macros are for shaman hybrid, but you've posted for a defiler/warden hybrid.otherwise, it looks like it could be interesting to try out.
    Last edited by Chadak; 03-19-2014 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadak View Post
    I think you should look again at your point spread. Your macros are for shaman hybrid, but you've posted for a defiler/warden hybrid.otherwise, it looks like it could be interesting to try out.
    LOL I actually wrote it wrong. I meant shaman, my bad. Will fix.

+ Reply to Thread