+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By usman

Thread: Covergirl's CQ Puri Guide

Default Covergirl's CQ Puri Guide

Purifiers can have two roles: Offensive and Defensive. Your job as a Purifier is always to be offensive and defensive at the same time.

Use this build and I will tell you my reasoning behind it:

CGD Puri PvP Build for CQ

I chose Warden as my second soul because of "Ocean's Bounty" it adds 6% bonus to Puri's Flame of Life, Gathering of Flames, and their absorptions. The third soul can be any depending on your preference. For now I chose Sent as my third soul because I love healing breath.

Since I don't use much macros for my heals, you can make the macros as you read my guide.

Puri Trio Heals

Puri has 4 types of single target heals.

Healing Flare (Instant Heal)
    Ward of Flame (Instant Heal but accumulative)
    Ward of Fire (cast heal of 2 sec but can become .05 sec cast heal)
    Ward of Scorching (always a 2 sec cast heal)

Now these 4 types of heals are all single target heals and you must know how to use them.

Rotation 1: Absorption (aka symbols) > Healing Flare > Ward of Flame > once you stack 3 > Ward of Fire becomes instant.

This is what I call the yo-yo healing affect. Ward of Fire becomes a .5 cast once Healing Flames stack.

Pro Tip: Always add a symbol when you heal a single target player.

Issues: Remember that your heals have a chance to burn out the symbols so you must constantly apply it back again. Having symbol/absorption will heal the player more.

PurI Symbols and Absorption

There 3 types of single target Absorption. Symbol of Torch and Symbol of the Sun which can be applied to 3 players each. The last single target absorption is Rite of the Forge which can only be used once with either yourself or for another player.

Group Absorption

Group Absorption is the most important aspect of a Puri's purpose. There are 2 types of group Absorption. Gathering of the Flames and Flame of Life. To capitalize the power of these 2 abilities here is what I do:

Flashover > Gathering of Flames > Fiery Will > Tidal Surge > Flame of Life > Fire Wall towards enemy

Firewall

Firewall is the the best offensive ability for a Puri because it can be cast multiple times instantly. So you an make fire walls all over the place. The benefit of Fire Wall is that this ground AoE helps cabs, sabs, and storm callers to their AoE area. What I do is have an assist button to my cab, sab, or storm caller and when they lay their AoE ability I drop my Firewall on their same location.

Also, Firewall dissipates a group of players to scramble. Players instinctively always run away from the firewall. This allows a great strategic move if you want to breakup groups and see them run.

In addition, firewall gives you and your team to hide in the flames and attack players. What I do sometimes is I lay firewall all over the place to disorient the enemy raid. Example, I throw a fire wall left and right of the raid and they usually run backwards but little do they know that my next firewall will be behind them. So it's like they encounter firewall where ever they go.

Pro Tip: Remember that you only do the firewall game only if you are not needed to heal or shield.

Rotations

If your Raid is Tank Heavy and Tanks are in trouble:

Go near the tanks and cast Sign of Anticipation > Flashover > Gathering of Flames > Fiery Will > Tidal Surge > Flame of Flame.

Priority Leader Heal (oh ship your leader is seriously dying):

target name of leader > Rite of the Forge > Healing Flare > Healing Breath > Healing Spray > Healing Flood (if you have 12 points in Warden) > Ward of Flame > Ward of Fire

If I am not tank heavy I always have the Sign of Faith buff on, and do my spam heal:

Symbol > healing flare x3 to 5 times if Symbol burns out then apply symbol back

You can also do:

Symbol> Healing Spray > Healing flare > Ward of Flame > Ward of Fire > Healing Flood

There are so many combinations that you can do for your rotations on healing a single target player, but the main importance is that you must add a shield before you heal. Although it is not needed, remember that adding a symbol to a player will cause the player to get more heals.

1. Be offense and throw down firewalls
    2. Add shields to players who need heals
    3. Use group absorption and heals when your raid looks like it is in trouble

If you are being ganked by multiple players and all your cool downs are free:

Drink a potion of absorption > Planar Ability (forgot the names) > Rites of the forge to yourself > Healing Spray > Healing Flare > Flashover > Gathering of Flames > Fiery Will > Tidal Surge > Flame of Flame. (and watch you be a Juggernaut goddess).

Easy, Breezy, Beautiful...Covergirl Diamond
    Last edited by Oblivion333; 03-19-2014 at 04:09 PM.

Covergirl Diamond
    <-Prophecy->
    Back in Action
    RIP Junlar the Great Cleric. I will cherish our friendship and bond for all eternity.

Nice one Covergirl its good to see one of the longtime players giving some pointers to people. However much as i hate to rain on your parade I need to point out that flames of life isn't buffed by anything. It heals for a fixed ammount and is only affected by healing received buffs, like casting a symbol on someone first. Using tidal surge or fiery will with it does absolutely nothing at all. You'd be much better off firing these up for gathering of flames rather than delaying them until afterwards.
    Last edited by usman; 03-19-2014 at 04:37 PM.
    Ambi - Cleric - Apotheosys.

Quote Originally Posted by usman View Post
    Nice one Covergirl its good to see one of the longtime players giving some pointers to people. However much as i hate to rain on your parade I need to point out that flames of life isn't buffed by anything. It heals for a fixed ammount and is only affected by healing received buffs, like casting a symbol on someone first. Using tidal surge or fiery will with it does absolutely nothing at all. You'd be much better off firing these up for gathering of flames rather than delaying them until afterwards.
    Awww that sucks. I thought they would help buff your absorptions on group heals. Thanks for pointing that out. I now have to reassign my way of using tidal surge and fiery. So basically it is better for single target heals.

I will have to rewrite the guide...sigh...
    Last edited by Oblivion333; 03-19-2014 at 04:46 PM.

Covergirl Diamond
    <-Prophecy->
    Back in Action
    RIP Junlar the Great Cleric. I will cherish our friendship and bond for all eternity.

+ Reply to Thread