+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2.5 Cleric Tanking Video Guide

Default 2.5 Cleric Tanking Video Guide

Looking for feedback, comments and discussion around this build. Does it help you out? Did I miss somethings?

Please tell

2.5 Cleric Tanking Video Guide
    Intim @ Zaviel EU
    Twitch Channel ,YouTube,Twitter

Ascendant

1) I would go for extra range on attacks via Pursuit of Truth.

2) I skipped around but didn't see enough information on generating significant threat at the start of a pull. While Total Assurance > Hammer of Duty is "ok", I've seen that opener lose to large burst dps plenty of time, particularly when the tank is undergeared. I would recommend micromanaging Doctrine of Authority for a few reasons. At the start of a pull you can generate extreme early threat by using Total Assurance > Bolt of Radiance > Doctrine of Authority > Hammer of Duty. DoA also includes an additional heal which may be helpful for group damage later in an encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    1) I would go for extra range on attacks via Pursuit of Truth.

2) I skipped around but didn't see enough information on generating significant threat at the start of a pull. While Total Assurance > Hammer of Duty is "ok", I've seen that opener lose to large burst dps plenty of time, particularly when the tank is undergeared. I would recommend micromanaging Doctrine of Authority for a few reasons. At the start of a pull you can generate extreme early threat by using Total Assurance > Bolt of Radiance > Doctrine of Authority > Hammer of Duty. DoA also includes an additional heal which may be helpful for group damage later in an encounter.
    Excellent suggestions and taken onboard. There is some info on pulls towards the 8 minute mark onwards to get people going
    Intim @ Zaviel EU
    Twitch Channel ,YouTube,Twitter

Better still, throw a travel time + non travel time combo for a double hit on the pull, so -

Bolt of Radiance > Reckoning, then follow up with DoA>Hammer.

(This assumes the tank is pulling from long range)
    Ambi - Cleric - Apotheosys.

+ Reply to Thread