+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Purifier (61 Puri/15 Sent) and Sentifier (48 Puri/28 Sent) Video Guides

  1. #1
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Seatin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,359

    Default Purifier (61 Puri/15 Sent) and Sentifier (48 Puri/28 Sent) Video Guides

    Hey guys, I've recently made two video guides for both Purifier and Sentifier, in each video I cover the pros and cons and how to play them as quickly and simply as possible.

    Sentifier - 48 Purifier/28 Sent:
    Best used for: Dungeons, Expert Dungeons and solo healing intrepid:IDH





    Link to the spec~

    With Urgency (50% speed increase) :http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#p...g/m9kGA59pih0/

    Without Urgency: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#p8Fk64a/m9kGA59pih0/


    Purifier - 61 Purifier/15 Sent:
    Best used for: 20 man raiding with a focus on tank and/or single target spot healing



    Link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wlHupILzCk

    Link to the spec~

    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#r/mkGliyFlkG8/pr2nw

    The only macro I use for both specs:
    #show Latent Blaze
    cast Touch the Light
    cast Flashover
    cast Latent Blaze

    I'll probably expand on the written element of this guide in the near future, however for now Burningalways has done a brilliant written summary of the 61 Purifier spec, so if you don't like listening to my ramblings check it out here: http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ier-guide.html

    Any questions, please do let me know in the comments!
    Last edited by Seatin; 02-03-2014 at 05:55 AM.
    #1 Hardcore Casual - Seatin - RIFT Livestreamer/YouTuber. Check out: www.twitch.tv/seatinmanoflegends and www.youtube.com/seatinmanoflegends

  2. #2
    RIFT Guide Writer TheGrinnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10,817

    Default

    Cannot watch the videos currently but I would include a huge caveat with the 48 spec. In order to pick up (I assume) Healing Communion, you are losing Sign of Faith which is much better than anything you get from Sent. I would not suggest to use Purifier with less than 54 points for any reason, lest people get the misguided idea to use it for tank healing.

  3. #3
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Riane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    Cannot watch the videos currently but I would include a huge caveat with the 48 spec. In order to pick up (I assume) Healing Communion, you are losing Sign of Faith which is much better than anything you get from Sent. I would not suggest to use Purifier with less than 54 points for any reason, lest people get the misguided idea to use it for tank healing.
    Think he's only 28pts to pick up 3/3 EB and 1/1 MBTL, especially since 28pts in actually gives you Flash of Radiance whereas you only need 26 to get HC.

    I can see the idea of it but it's already so easy to heal experts in a full 61 build, so I guess this would just make healing easier since you'd have your EB+MBTL for filler spot healing.

  4. #4
    RIFT Guide Writer TheGrinnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10,817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    Think he's only 28pts to pick up 3/3 EB and 1/1 MBTL, especially since 28pts in actually gives you Flash of Radiance whereas you only need 26 to get HC.

    I can see the idea of it but it's already so easy to heal experts in a full 61 build, so I guess this would just make healing easier since you'd have your EB+MBTL for filler spot healing.
    Well he specifically mentioned solo healing IDH, and the only thing 61 or 54 Puri is missing for that purpose is raid healing on isskal (but 61 could probably do it with a bard to pick up the slack). Applying sign of faith to your spot healing targets is much better than EB/MbtL when it's any less than 6 targets.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 01-27-2014 at 12:52 PM.

  5. #5
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Riane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    Well he specifically mentioned solo healing IDH, and the only thing 61 or 54 Puri is missing for that purpose is raid healing on isskal (but 61 could probably do it with a bard to pick up the slack). Applying sign of faith to your spot healing targets is much better than EB/MbtL when it's any less than 6 targets.
    I guess I didn't even give HC any thought re: solo healing IDH because when the f would you ever use HC anyway. I agree with you though about SOF > EB/MBTL.

  6. #6
    Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    501

    Default

    youtube;7wlhupilzck should be youtube.7wlhupilzck. Your link didnt work for the 61-15.

    I was using the 61-15 but the 10% sp from the inq tree made my heals +200. Not sure about raid scaling.

    Also if your going to use the 61-15 use the warden tree for the healing spray instead of justicar. Its not a game changer but the hot on the tank isnt bad.

  7. #7
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Seatin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    Cannot watch the videos currently but I would include a huge caveat with the 48 spec. In order to pick up (I assume) Healing Communion, you are losing Sign of Faith which is much better than anything you get from Sent. I would not suggest to use Purifier with less than 54 points for any reason, lest people get the misguided idea to use it for tank healing.
    It's mainly for Healing Breath and Marked by the light.

    I explain in the video that purifier is an awesome spec, but lacks the ability to deal with sustained AOE damage as it relies on Flame of Life and Gathering of flame, two AOE abilities that have a long cooldown.

    The 48 Puri/28 Sent means that almost every 8 second you're proccing a insta cast off GCD healing breath that heals 3 party members for a truckload and additional all your healing are providing blanket healing from marked the light.
    #1 Hardcore Casual - Seatin - RIFT Livestreamer/YouTuber. Check out: www.twitch.tv/seatinmanoflegends and www.youtube.com/seatinmanoflegends

  8. #8
    RIFT Guide Writer TheGrinnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10,817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    It's mainly for Healing Breath and Marked by the light.

    I explain in the video that purifier is an awesome spec, but lacks the ability to deal with sustained AOE damage as it relies on Flame of Life and Gathering of flame, two AOE abilities that have a long cooldown.

    The 48 Puri/28 Sent means that almost every 8 second you're proccing a insta cast off GCD healing breath that heals 3 party members for a truckload and additional all your healing are providing blanket healing from marked the light.
    While fully talented enraptured breath is potent, each of those unfortunately will not cover more than 3 party members at a time, which you could keep shielded anyway. If you want a tank healing spec with useful raid healing give 61 sent/12 Warden a try (I use it on Falconer, and I'd use it in 20 mans if Chloro didn't do the same job plus Wild Growth). As I said this is only relevant for iskaal (where you might as well go full warden), 54 or 61 puri is already sufficient for every other fight in IDH and any expert encounter and far superior in mitigation.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 01-27-2014 at 03:55 PM.

  9. #9
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Seatin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    While fully talented enraptured breath is potent, each of those unfortunately will not cover more than 3 party members at a time, which you could keep shielded anyway. If you want a tank healing spec with useful raid healing give 61 sent/12 Warden a try (I use it on Falconer, and I'd use it in 20 mans if Chloro didn't do the same job plus Wild Growth). As I said this is only relevant for iskaal (where you might as well go full warden), 54 or 61 puri is already sufficient for every other fight in IDH and any expert encounter and far superior in mitigation.
    Definitely some valid points.

    Purifier is brilliant if your prepared and on top of who is going to take damage.

    However this isn't always the case, so IMHO this is where 48puri/28 sent rears ahead.
    #1 Hardcore Casual - Seatin - RIFT Livestreamer/YouTuber. Check out: www.twitch.tv/seatinmanoflegends and www.youtube.com/seatinmanoflegends

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    166

    Default

    The purifier video is not online.

    Also I remember you rambling something about credit towards other guides ;). Anyway since my Purifier guide is almost 2300 words you can't really do it without overlap. So either you are a hypocrite for not referring to my guide OR you have now realized your comment was ridiculous and my dps guide was indeed based on the game and you do not need some other guide to write one.

    Either way you are wrong and it would be appreciated to acknowledge this so everyone just moves on.

  11. #11
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Seatin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Exchequer View Post
    The purifier video is not online.

    Also I remember you rambling something about credit towards other guides ;). Anyway since my Purifier guide is almost 2300 words you can't really do it without overlap. So either you are a hypocrite for not referring to my guide OR you have now realized your comment was ridiculous and my dps guide was indeed based on the game and you do not need some other guide to write one.

    Either way you are wrong and it would be appreciated to acknowledge this so everyone just moves on.
    Thanks for pointing this out!

    I had a read over your guide, the theory behind all of it is brilliant and the infographs were really quite something, but I'm more of a practical person and the way I explain stuff is very practical.

    You didn't really explain about casting Ward of Fire with 3 stacks vs 6 stacks of the Ward of Flame buff and go into all the pros and cons about that.

    I didn't really like the idea of saving Fiery Will to use with Latent Blaze, I can certainly see the theory behind it, but it wasn't my cup of tea.

    So yea, in all honesty although I did read it, I didn't really take anything from your guide that I wasn't already aware of myself or that I felt I had to publicly challenge because I viewed it as the 'wrong way to do things'. Interesting guide you've written for the theorycrafters tho
    #1 Hardcore Casual - Seatin - RIFT Livestreamer/YouTuber. Check out: www.twitch.tv/seatinmanoflegends and www.youtube.com/seatinmanoflegends

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts