+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Cleric Healing Purifier: Blaze and Flame buil [2.5] [New Player Friendly]

Rift Disciple

Default Cleric Healing Purifier: Blaze and Flame buil [2.5] [New Player Friendly]

The Guide
    The purifier soul is one of the most awesome heal specs. Instead of just responding to damage you can learn to prevent it by timing your absorbs. When your gear is good enough you can run Expert Dungeons without the party ever taking damage. There are many talent builds out there but this Blaze and Flame build is my absolute favorite!

Latent Blaze provides an amazing heal when the target drops below 30% hp, and Flame of Life AoE healing will give your wardens a run for their money. Other than that your shielding extend the life of your targets acting as a buffer. Furthermore each shielded target has a significant damage reduction. Thanks to the Sentinel Touch The Light will allow you to instantly cast your long cast spells.

Main features:
    1. Learn to pre-charge a mega latent blaze that will heal 42K instead of 31.5K!
    2. Learn how to track Burnout/Shields/Latent Blaze with Clickbox Healer
    3. Screenshot of suggested ability bar layout
    4. Health per Second for all abilities

This guide will provide…
    1. the required talent build
    2. a list the buffs with a description
    3. a screenshot of suggested ability bar layout
    4. instructions to setup ClickBox Healer AddOn
    5. explanation of the 5 most important Purifier Mechanics
    6. show the Health per Second for all abilities (to compare them)
    7. all required macro’s
    8. KaruulAlert Addon import set
    9. explanation on how to use the build by using healing scenario’s

Read it here: GameplayInside Cleric Healing Purifier: Blaze and Flame build

Disclaimer:
    The goal of this guide is to educate players.
    This guide is aimed at players that have no knowledge about Cleirc Purifier and are unfamiliar with it's abilities.
    The guide itself is 2231 words
    To accommodate both new and experienced payers most parts of the guide are structured so that they are optional.
    To achieve this goal dropdown boxes and clear sections were created. (Which you cannot do on a forum).

Please allow players that have questions about how to be a purifier to reply on this topic. Therefore I am requesting that any criticism and or suggestion for improvements about the guide itself are send through a private message.
    Last edited by Exchequer; 01-07-2014 at 10:35 AM.

Rift Disciple

Almost forgot: Thanks Yasutora for helping me testing (at 4am :P)!

Soulwalker

I liked your guide.
    I wasn't aware of the Fiery Will being applied for latent blaze so thanks.

However, there is a little error on Flame of the life cause it heals 10 targets and not 20 as it's mentioned in your guide.

Great work

Izina - Cleric - Twitch TV
    Khalim'na 4/4 GA 3/3 IG 5/5 PBB

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

I would rather keep this in public rather one-offing it to a private message. I mean no harm by this, however there's things in this guide that need pointing out.

Looking at the build linked, you're better off going with any of these two linked builds:

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#q/mkGliyFlkG8/p8x0 [0 Warden, 61 puri, 15 sent NO TTL]
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#q/mkGliyFlkG8/p8yY [0 warden, 61 puri, 15 sent w/ TTL]

Purifier's channel of Ward of Flame does reduce the cast time of Ward of Fire. However, instant cast modifiers will not work with Ward of Fire, as it's by nature a cast time ability.

Feed the flames is something that you should keep on your target via SOTS. FtF is a 20% healing bonus to a target. 20% also does apply to Latent Blaze. In raid, while I do not have uber crit power (600's), my latent blaze will normally crit proc heal for around 68k-70k. If the correct buffs are active however, under a blue moon - Latent Blaze WILL fully heal a T2 SL geared tank.

You're better off going the 15 sent route over the 4 inq route for the Spell power bonuses. You'll have generally higher heals rather generally higher tooltips. ;)
    --BC

Wow, where to begin. All the maths is wrong first of all, since you've calculated on a 2s GCD when its actually 1.5s.

No calculation for a 1.5s cast, (3 stacks) ward of fire, - this is the most efficient use of the spell.

No inclusion of the benefit of caregiver's blessing in calculations, - obviously it is twice as effective when used on a 1.5s Ability compared to a 3s Ability.

No differentiation between heals and shields.

No mention that Spiritual conflagration cancels out rite of the forge and visa versa.

SC listed as > RotF whilst SC takes 4s to channel, whilst RotF is 1.5s insta cast and then cast somethign else to stack with it.

Note, only one sign can be used at a time, it should be sign of faith, never cast sign of anticipation.

These are just my first impressions.
    Last edited by usman; 01-08-2014 at 05:01 AM.
    Ambi - Cleric - Apotheosys.

Rift Disciple

First of all thanks for keeping the feedback constructive, and pmming me about typo's instead of spamming the topic.
    @Izina
    Thanks!

@bctrainers
    Thanks for linking the build. Stupid thing is that I just checked and I have already switched to that build myself. Somehow I did something wrong there (I also wrote 61 Purifier/16 Sentinel in my Original post). So my bad and thanks!

@usman
    Thanks for pointing out GCD is 1.5s, I tried to time it myself . I will add 3 stacks ward of fire.

Addings blessings to calculations is possible but it means that would be a scenario (likely scenario on tank healing). Hence it means all healing spells get boosted by the same ammount. Hence it will not change the hps order, just the numbers. Hence you can use the comparison chart regardless.

Regarding the mechanics I will add them . Trying to do a "complete" guide you are bound to miss something on the first shot.

Rift Disciple

*argh cannot edit message*

Checked my talents ingame and I am using this: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#q/mkGliyFlkG8/pr2mM

What do you think about that vs bctrainers: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#q/mkGliyFlkG8/p8yY

The differences between almost any sensible 61/15 spec or a 61/11/4 are so tiny as to be irrelevant, what matters is casting the right heal on the right target at the right time. Whether is is for +/- 50 HP's is niether here nor there.

As for Caregiver's blessing, its totally relevant, its worth around +3.5k shielding in my gear and its twice as effective on a 1.5s cast as opposed to a 3s cast, it weakens Ward of Flames vs a 1.5s Ward of Fire even further.

But healing is in no way related to the relative HPS of abilities, HPS is a meaningless number. A skilled puri will be more interested in pre-shiedling where possible and combining skills together to give max shielding on tanks at the right moments, rather than caring about his HPS. Remember that the better your raid/group performs the lower your HPS will be.
    Ambi - Cleric - Apotheosys.

The differences between almost any sensible 61/15 spec or a 61/11/4 are so tiny as to be irrelevant, what matters is casting the right heal on the right target at the right time.
    61 Purifier/11 Sentinel/4 Inquisitor is the better spec.

Reasons:
    Having 4 points in Planar Study is more beneficial than 4 Divine Understanding.
    Having 2 points in Call to Action is equal to 2 in Planar Study, but as Call to Action only works when target is below 75% it's not worth it.

Purifier is all about shielding your target, pushing the tank's ability to withstand damage past its max health.
    15 points in Sentinel may offer better healing, but you really should invest in better shields.

Note for Latent Blaze before combat:
    Go Fiery Will > Symbol of the Sun > Flashover > Latent Blaze.
    Last edited by Burninalways; 01-08-2014 at 08:20 AM.
    True Server First Prime GP: Anrak the Foul & Guurloth
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

Criticism in private messages only serves to promote bad advice. Also, you should research what others have to say on specs before posting guides, you may find information you missed.

Spoiler!

Sign of anticipation is a self buff. But as you mentioned it should not be used unless there is another purifier which most people should never encounter.

Heroic Resolve is covered by Archon buffs but should be used if there's no Archon.

Wisdom of the Ages is covered by Bard buffs.

11 Sent/4 Inq is the superior build. This also adds the self-buff Armor of Devotion.

Your Latent Blaze macro needs Flashover and TTL on separate lines, and should indicate that you need to hit it 3 times.

Symbol of the Sun should be used before Latent Blaze, if you have the Purifier 4-piece crystal.

Latent Blaze can be maintained on the entire party in a dungeon, or on multiple tanks+yourself in a raid (but sometimes it is worth saving so you can refresh it after it triggers on the tank). It is the strongest heal in the game because it only applies when it is needed and can always be applied with Flashover.

Instant Ward of Fire is one of the purifier's best tools. It can be saved for a long period of time if the tank is not taking much damage, or used as an alternative to Healing Breath for movement/spot healing.

All that said there is good advice in this guide though it is a bit hidden, it just needs a little work and that is what the forums are for.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 01-08-2014 at 10:53 AM.

Rift Disciple

Adjusted the "large" flaws (macro typo's). Most time was spend on enabling website caching.

Further improvements will have to wait until i get back from snowboarding .

Champion

You dont include the build in your post when your making these guides.

Rift Disciple

In my experience a purifier is not solely a tank healer. Even now that I am doing Tier 2 (4/4 GA, 3/5PBB, 2/3 Inf) I notice there are a lot of fights where I can get away with having only 40% of my hps going to the tanks.

Personally my primary task is to save individual players by shield sniping. Obviously this has great synergy with the AoE heals from wardens and chloro's.

I have changed my talent build to: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#q/mkGliyFlkG8/pr2nw

Meaning I dropped Call to Action and I took Devine Understanding. Meaning a -6% absorb to targets below 75% and a +4% permanent absorb.

I thought about the 11/4 spec but so far It does not make sense since each point in sentinel provides 1% absorb and 1% healing, meaning you will lose 4% healing and 4% absorb to only gain 4% spellpower.

The only way this is viable is if 4% spellpower scales better than 4% healing AND 4% absorption which *to my knowledge* it does not.

You could argue about armor of devotion but as far as I am concerned a healer does NOT want to be dependent on Crit. You want your toolbox to have predictable heals to control your heals. You really do not want to go RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadwix View Post
    You dont include the build in your post when your making these guides.
    Build is posted at the "talent" section.

There are 3 fights where a purifier has time to shield the raid
    those are brothers, volan and thraxx
    you could add planebreaker if your raid is running 2 purifier

in all cases you're shielding reactivity, ergo rescuing people failing mechanics

there's no reason to use another specc for that

also you're posting guides and your reasoning for a different specc is "it feels like more HPS, it should be better"
    sculzilla - cleric - 4/4 3/3 5/5 BoB: Greenscale/Akylios
    You Listening? You Hear That?
    Do Something. Do Something.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by sculti View Post
    There are 3 fights where a purifier has time to shield the raid
    those are brothers, volan and thraxx
    you could add planebreaker if your raid is running 2 purifier

there's no reason to use another specc for that

in all cases you're shielding reactivity, ergo rescuing people failing mechanics also you're posting guides and your reasoning for a different specc is "it feels like more HPS, it should be better"

If you are shielding reactively then you have not read the guide.

A purifier should shield just before the damage hits because then a new shield will apply. Basically this means you are shielding for 30k+.

On volan the difference is a tank going down 50% vs hardly taking damage at all. Same applies for the Purifier AoE. If you use it just before the damage the raid will take less damage AND will be healed at the burst.

Besides that better shields also mean you have more to do because more damage is prevented with the same GCD. The better your shields, the less time spend on tanks, the more time you can spend spot healing or shielding players.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast