+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Cleric Inquisitor easy burst DPS [2.5] [new player friendy] v2

Rift Disciple

Default Cleric Inquisitor easy burst DPS [2.5] [new player friendy] v2

You have a cleric and you want to learn how to DPS?
    Or you already know, but you are tired of applying those Dark Water stacks?

This build will provide great DPS with a more forgiving rotation...

The Guide

This guide will show you how to do some awesome DPS with your cleric as a ranged caster. This build has awesome burst damage and even has a cleanse to help out your healer. Furthermore you can spam your macro whilst moving. Because the build uses two debuffs it is advisable to use an addon like Karuul Alert to assist with keeping track.

Advantages of the talent build:
    1. Awesome burst damage
    2. (Semi) permanent damage bonus of 15% on all damaging abilities
    3. Spam your macro whilst moving
    4. Better DPS on target switching
    5. Not losing 3K dps from letting Dark Water stacks fall off
    6. Cleanse to assist your healers
    7. Trinkle heals from Salvation (about 600)

Advantages of the guide:
    1. Easy to learn/understand!
    2. For any skill level: New Player / Basic (Raid) / Advanced rotations (Tier 2)
    3. Ability bar layout screenshot
    4. Explanation of Inquisitor mechanics
    5. Copy pastable Macro's
    6. Complete Karuul Alert set (Addon)

Intended audience: Pretty much any cleric out there that does not have tier 2 Grim Awakening and Infinity Gate on farm status. Rotations are seperated for new players, basic (raiding t1) and advanced (raiding t2).

Disclaimer: This build is superior better for 90% of the players out there (all players not doing Plane Breaker bastion). Thanks to the 15% damage boost it is much more forgiving. This build is not the new theorycrafted best DPS build on a static dummie (or even on a static boss).

Read it here: GameplayInside Cleric Inquisitor easy burst DPS

Proof of concept (to prove it is viable).
    As proof that you will NOT have crappy dps the following screenshots are added from a 2am "fast run" epic only PUG iDH with only Last Dawn/Tyrants/Rift Stalkers members.

I am a healer and in my Inquisitor spec I have 520 hit, 2517 wisdom, 5626 spellpower 2390 spelll crit and 304 crit power. These are not awesome stats for DPS. Yet I manage to consistently "beat"nearly all clerics with the exception of a select few.

Situation1:
    Cleric Inquisitor easy burst DPS [2.5] [new player friendy] v2-cleric-dps-inquisitor-burst-guide.jpg
    Worst boss for this build; Assault commander Jorb in iDH. Absolutely no target switching, hence a disadvantage. With 19.0K dps this build is ony 1.3K dps behind a better geared Last Dawn cleric. Also note player Khaoran with 11.4K dps. He would greatly benefit from this guide and would probably reach 18K with it.

Situation2:
    Cleric Inquisitor easy burst DPS [2.5] [new player friendy] v2-cleric-dps-inquisitor-burst-guide-idh2.jpg
    Again no target swapping, placing this build ad a disadvantage. Gap has lowered to 19.1K for me and 20.2K for the other cleric. Again Khoaran is stuck on 12.9K dps and he would greatly improve with this build.

Hence worst case scenario you lose 1.3K dps, and for 90% of the players out there you will gain 6K dps.

*v2 of this post because I failed on the styling in my first attempt of posting a guide. The edit limit was 5 minutes. During that time I did not even get the screenshots fixed.

Sorry for failing!*

Soulwalker

Default Nice Guide!

Keep doing the good stuff

Soulwalker

Awesome guide!!!

Soulwalker

This is interesting! And i already tried and i like it Do more stuff

Rift Disciple

*1 post replies are guildies not my accounts*

Btw investigating the option of moving fanaticism to Rebuke for the Advanced rotation (from feedback in other thread). So far Rebuke 1st tick seems to be a bit lower than BoD with fanaticism (about 400 dmg) with my gear.
    Last edited by Exchequer; 01-04-2014 at 07:10 AM.

Rift Disciple

Short test of fanaticism with my gear:

rebuke bod
    18707 18743
    18709 19793
    18707 19643
    18707 19530

Now I have to check the effect of Zealotry.
    Last edited by Exchequer; 01-04-2014 at 07:17 AM.

Shadowlander

I really like it , probably the only viable ranged build that has some decent dps. but I dont understand one thing,
    When to use BoJ and when to use BoR? I understand the rotation and the rest, but why not spam only one of those? whats the trick?

• Your proof of concept is for 1m 30s fights with a pyroarchon and a bard by the looks of it, which means the majority of the fight you'll have flaring power and other damaging increasing buffs.
    • You've essentially rewritten my guide, but made it a lot more complicated to understand and not added any new material or theory to it.
    • Your linking to an external website to assumptially try and monetize.
    • I'm personally struggling to buy that your bumping this post with guildies support and not alternative forum accounts.
    • But mainly its the fact that you've essentially rewritten my guide without credit, cheers.
    #1 Hardcore Casual - Seatin - RIFT Livestreamer/YouTuber. Check out: www.twitch.tv/seatinmanoflegends and www.youtube.com/seatinmanoflegends

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    • Your proof of concept is for 1m 30s fights with a pyroarchon and a bard by the looks of it, which means the majority of the fight you'll have flaring power and other damaging increasing buffs.
    • You've essentially rewritten my guide, but made it a lot more complicated to understand and not added any new material or theory to it.
    • I'm personally struggling to buy that your bumping this post with guildies support and not alternative forum accounts.
    • But mainly its the fact that you've essentially rewritten my guide without credit, cheers.
    OooOOOoo, the king has spoken! btw love your vids seatin :P

This is a bad Guide. Stop missleading new Players.........

Rift Disciple

[*]Your proof of concept is for 1m 30s fights with a pyroarchon and a bard by the looks of it, which means the majority of the fight you'll have flaring power and other damaging increasing buffs.
    Screenshot was a bad idea for multiple reasons. Unfortunately I cannot edit posts and hence I cannot remove it. It did not really complete the goal I aimed for. I is just a random example from a random screenshot from a random raid. It's not black/white it's an indication.

You've essentially rewritten my guide, but made it a lot more complicated to understand and not added any new material or theory to it.
    First of all... this guide is not based on your guide... I learned the spec about 2 months ago from my guild master. It is based on the game so obviously there will be similarities.

If it wasn't clear by now; I have had many in game players asking me how to improve which made me write this guide during the holiday season...

So what did I add.. Did you even checkout the page? Styling, spoilerboxes, Tabs, Ability bar screenshots, Spammable macro's, etc

Your linking to an external website to assumptially try and monetize.
    Your youtube account is adsense enabled. So even if you were right (which you are not, this will not even cover my hosting plan let alone yearly domain cost) it would be pot and kettle. If you did not realize: On a youtube video a user has no cost. You upload it for free and you get add based revenue. Hosting a website is a different story both in terms of cost as in time required.

As stated in my original post I am using an external website to be more flexible. E.g. I am using pictures, boxes, tabs, spoilers, etc.

I'm personally struggling to buy that your bumping this post with guildies support and not alternative forum accounts.
    You can only Bump if your topic is not listed first. It was at the time of their posts. Hence by definition it cannot be a bump.

Other than that you can ask them ingame if that would help you... I will pm the player names.

[*]But mainly its the fact that you've essentially rewritten my guide without credit, cheers.
    Again did not even read your guide nor did I watch your video. I think I only ever watched two of your videos, one about how to get 300 hit and the other about Infinity Gate.

Other than that it took me at least 6 hours to write it. Probably more (but hard to say since the whole thing is new). I was expecting some hate/elitism but not from other guide writers...

ps My purifier guide is 95% done btw so feel free to check it out;).

Ps I think it is very sad there is so much discussion about the guide itself. I would hope this is a spot for rift players to require additional information. Those users now being scared away.
    Last edited by Exchequer; 01-06-2014 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exchequer View Post
    Ps I think it is very sad there is so much discussion about the guide itself. I would hope this is a spot for rift players to require additional information. Those users now being scared away.
    If I'm going to write a guide, I'll check the forums first, I'll go through various guides and specs that other people have written, I'll read up on everything I can find about other people's theories on specs and then I'll try it out for myself and adjust if anything if needed.

I'm happy to admit I take bits and pieces and change other peoples specs and guides around, I did that with Ahovs Inquisitor spec, I make all sorts of class video guides from Muspel, Geryons, Thegrinnz, Yobirian and other well known guide writers written guides, but I will always be sure to credit them and make people aware that I am not the font of all knowledge and credit these individuals. RIFT souls are pretty complicated after all and there are always people that know better than myself.

Now onto my point, the fact that you've quoted the dark water spec and other various aspects of endgame Inquisitor gameplay means that you most likely do read the forums. Which then makes your point invalid.

If the above statement isn't true and you don't read the forums and other peoples work, then I'd consider your guide writing method quite foolish to presume you can just dive in and know all you can about clerics without hearing everyone elses justification and variants of different specs.

I'm more than welcoming of new guide writers on the scene, but when I see something like this which feels like you've ripped a load from different peoples guides, then put them onto some monetized website and then to come charging into the cleric guides section like your the next cleric jesus, does hack me and a lot of the other guide writers off, as you may of already noticed.

Yes, I monetize my youtube videos, the larger majority of it is my original content, if I'm turning a written guide from someone into a video guide, I'll be sure to link it in the description and sing them songs of praise during the video.

I don't really have anything more to say to you bud apart from to have a bit of respect for the guide writing community itself.
    #1 Hardcore Casual - Seatin - RIFT Livestreamer/YouTuber. Check out: www.twitch.tv/seatinmanoflegends and www.youtube.com/seatinmanoflegends

Rift Disciple

If I'm going to write a guide, I'll check the forums first, I'll go through various guides and specs that other people have written, I'll read up on everything I can find about other people's theories on specs and then I'll try it out for myself and adjust if anything if needed.

I'm happy to admit I take bits and pieces and change other peoples specs and guides around, I did that with Ahovs Inquisitor spec, I make all sorts of class video guides from Muspel, Geryons, Thegrinnz, Yobirian and other well known guide writers written guides, but I will always be sure to credit them and make people aware that I am not the font of all knowledge and credit these individuals. RIFT souls are pretty complicated after all and there are always people that know better than myself.

Now onto my point, the fact that you've quoted the dark water spec and other various aspects of endgame Inquisitor gameplay means that you most likely do read the forums. Which then makes your point invalid.

If the above statement isn't true and you don't read the forums and other peoples work, then I'd consider your guide writing method quite foolish to presume you can just dive in and know all you can about clerics without hearing everyone elses justification and variants of different specs.

I'm more than welcoming of new guide writers on the scene, but when I see something like this which feels like you've ripped a load from different peoples guides, then put them onto some monetized website and then to come charging into the cleric guides section like your the next cleric jesus, does hack me and a lot of the other guide writers off, as you may of already noticed.

Yes, I monetize my youtube videos, the larger majority of it is my original content, if I'm turning a written guide from someone into a video guide, I'll be sure to link it in the description and sing them songs of praise during the video.

I don't really have anything more to say to you bud apart from to have a bit of respect for the guide writing community itself.
    Although your post seems to make sense it really does not because you keep falling back to a failed premise...

-I never read/used/viewer your guide prior to writing/posting this guide (if you fail to acknowledge this I suggest you check your ego, I read your guide last night and it is not special or unique)
    -This guide was written 100% by tabbing between Microsoft Word, ingame tooltips and the soultree from magello (which is linked).
    -I did read ahov's guide when I started to DPS (2 months ago) but I could not make sense of it because it was too much trouble going back between the leganda and the rotation (e.g. S>V>DW>SH>DW>BoJ>DW>BoJ>BoJ>BoJ). Hence it was not used to create this guide.
    -I created this guide because it was requested which is how I create all my guides, ON REQUEST.
    -I do not aim to educate the (few) players of the tier 2 guilds. Especially in EU 95% of the players struggle with FT and EE. For those players the current guides are hard to read/understand.

I hope this is out of your system because some additional guides have been requested and when I find the time I will create and post them. (Although I am going snowboarding next week so that will give you a little breathing room to calm down).

If you step down from your "throne" (ref. to King comment) you might see that there are a lot of players out there that struggle with Rift. These players need some more information than a few rotation "blocks" and a talent build.

You will not see me hating on any other guide out there. However I believe in a different approach for a different audience. Your guide is not even close to serving my target audience from my point of view. If you want feedback on your guide I will post it there...

Basically I would like to go back to the community it was before I quit (1.0-1.7), less elitism and more friendly players that take time and effort to explain each other how to improve. Instead of raging, leaving, and being condescending.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Exchequer View Post

Basically I would like to go back to the community it was before I quit (1.0-1.7), less elitism and more friendly players that take time and effort to explain each other how to improve. Instead of raging, leaving, and being condescending.
    Could u please explain to me, why should i use the BoJ macro? in your rotation it states only BoR and BoD, no BoJ, so when to use it? whats its purpose?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast