+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Quick Warden Guide

Default Quick Warden Guide v2

This is a guide on how to AoE as a Warden.
    Ahov might have a better guide, however if you want a different view on Warden have a look.
    Though warning mistakes could be present.

Best Spec:
    61 Warden, 10 Sentinel, 5 Oracle

Alternative Spec:
    61 Warden, 10 Sentinel, 5 Inquisitor - Non Oracle Soul

Masteries:
    Level 61 - Avenging Shield
    Level 62 - Healing Remnant
    Level 63 - Faith's Freedom
    Level 64 - Faith's Reward
    Level 65 - Divine Favor

Buffs:
    Heroic Resolve
    Boon of Vitality
    Shared Excess
    Bosun's Blessing

Standard Rotation:
    First off you always keep 5 stacks of Dangers of the Deep which can easily be done at the start before any aoe damage hits the raid by doing dps on the boss, maintaining those stacks for the whole fight.

You should be keeping Healing Flood active for the whole fight, and Orbs of the Tide on yourself.

Using either Pool of Restoration or Healing Effusion when damage hits the whole raid.
    If you know that damage is going to pulse at the raid you can spam Healing Cataract to avoid using Healing Effusion when the incoming damage isn't much.

Before any big damage happens, most noticeable by a Boss's emote, use Monsoon; you can use Ripple right after Monsoon or just before it's empowered hots are finished, it's debatable.
    If you do use Ripple near the end of the empowered hots, make use you refresh Healing Spray & Soothing Stream first.

When a single big hit of damage hits the raid use Wave of Renewal to get every one back to max health.
    The first 1.5s of the channel is all that is needed, though you can continue for the whole channel for the full effect of the ability.

You can use Downpour during short pulse phases to save mana.

You should be using Tidal Surge with either Monsoon, Wave of Renewal or Downpour; anything else would be a waste of it's ability.

In order to not lose too much mana keep Cascade on cooldown on yourself and if in dire need of mana during low damage bits channel Open Water untill back at max.
    You should have plenty of Mana Tonics in your bag anyway so there should be no need to channel, or yell at the Archon for Mental Flare.

Abilities you need to know about:
    Spoiler!

Macros:
    These will help, though you can make your own to suit your needs.

#show Healing Breath
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @mouseoverui Healing Breath
    cast @mouseoverui Healing Flare

#show Healing Spray
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @mouseoverui Healing Spray

#show Orbs of the Stream
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @mouseoverui Orbs of the Stream

#show Pool of Restoration
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Pool of Restoration
    cast Healing Effusion

#show Geyser
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @self Cascade
    cast Geyser
    cast Orbs of the Tide

#show Call of the Depths
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Dehydrate
    cast Call of the Depths

#show Cleansing Waters
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @mouseoverui Cleansing Waters
    cast @group01 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group02 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group03 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group04 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group05 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group06 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group07 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group08 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group09 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group10 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group11 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group12 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group13 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group14 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group15 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group16 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group17 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group18 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group19 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group20 Cleansing Waters

Karuulalert:
    This Karuulalert will show when Healing Spray, Soothing Stream & Healing Flood are active on yourself and stacks of Dangers of the Deep.
    Also showing your dots ticking away on the enemy while targeting them.
    Code:
    KA::AIWjJeNqlU11vmzAU/Sv5A0ttsDHIT4CxtoeNqWFvkZBbnIDKMDLOouzjv++SNE2p0jRqdW0
    JrKPjc3zPzX9pOyi3sco1puOYF7xv1U7buVN2rd3+RMLOp8CYoZhGKIySKCKUUsExBayEQlC3zcp
    xoZy6Wf74slR3Tdu4Xdncm25Y9sqqtenKrdqVZlW6Wpe2AfYS4VLNq2rgIfE48z1OwnFhKJ5m34r
    sdvzC+ws8BJqK4/H+L4C7PS7/pqptZ2Y1A+KZ0L2rhwu2zoBjKX1CswBj4mUBRdH11jZdpe1WOW3
    vrFauxgc/oxfm43f6EbreVfDs+oKNEwbU0zQNsyyJwyjA0rte/WA2LZA0nX9QHQYf6MJnrdqmW89
    ka0z1TPmT5CkglglLWUbDOEwzQZAA9utUb5WtdPepPtCVq5HuMUU+Z9FF/f5Ev3/Uj0D/whhXj/o
    WDlr585yDl5BYCkSYYFmC4wClIrnaw9PL49PLT5T/GZy6fxj+8SQvivzrK30o8u/HVtBnVoTq1jC
    8p5jr/pydczCwFCQUC0JlRJJQfmAWDqGCeeKMwfbGhef0bXP+S3OTPh1jtOit2kHyXs3ZAQDjkXg
    MIz8OSEBQiq/uEbCarlZdNXi/H6cavz9f/wEZ2aqA
    Last edited by Burninalways; 10-21-2014 at 09:26 AM. Reason: 3.0 Updated & Masteries
    True Server First Prime GP: Anrak the Foul & Guurloth
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

I've updated the guide with masteries for a Warden.
    Changed the Karuulalert a little.

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Burninalways; 12-02-2014 at 02:42 PM.
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

Soulwalker

Sounds good, since I am just gonna start my first healer.

Would help me a lot if you could show/say how you organize main 1-9 macros/skills on action bar, since I have tendency to place them intuitively, then realize I am used to a really bad set-up. Like screenshot or just tell me would be extremely helpful.

+1

Ascendant

I disagree with the ability hps order. If your Healing Effusion is that low on the list, it's extremely likely a Warden was unnecessary for that encounter.

For any scenario where Warden is ideal you will see higher Healing Effusion priority. Obviously it's not intended to be spammed 24/7, but if the raid damage is spiky enough where Warden becomes more ideal than a chloromancer or a supportive role such as purifier, you will see less Healing Cataract and more Healing Effusions.
    Last edited by Ahov; 12-01-2013 at 03:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    I disagree with the ability hps order. If your Healing Effusion is that low on the list, it's extremely likely a Warden was unnecessary for that encounter.

For any scenario where Warden is ideal you will see higher Healing Effusion priority. Obviously it's not intended to be spammed 24/7, but if the raid damage is spiky enough where Warden becomes more ideal than a chloromancer or a supportive role such as purifier, you will see less Healing Cataract and more Healing Effusions.
    I have changed Healing Effusion to be above Downpour in the hps order as you are more likely to use it than it was previously stated.

However I don't wardens to become depended on its heals to save them all the time, its best saved for when you can't re-act to the incoming damage.
    There are better healing abilities to use if they are not on cooldown than to say use it over everything else, as it drains mana a lot.
    Because then you have a warden with no mana when it's heals are needed the most.
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

Soulwalker

Thanks for the guide. Healing my first T1 soon. Surely this will help me.

Soulwalker

Default really you all use macros to play?!

I cant believe that macros are even allowed in games to be honest. I have been playing for 30 years and have never used a macro once. Maybe I am an old school, and just an old, but to me seems like if you need to macro everything you are doing there is not any skill left to do. It is no wonder it always seems like others are having better skills, but in truth its just pre-determined set of variables, you are not even reacting to your surroundings. hit a button and pray you chose the right set of macros ..Honestly I don't see how any developers of any true pvp skilled game would even make a system designed on macros..to me it weakens the skill set and makes for cookie cutter characters and zombie players with no real imagination. I know I will get flamed for posting this, but hey its my opinion, just saying it out loud once.

I still think cataract is a waste of time, so many better ways to use the time imo.
    I personally use cataract .000001% of the time

I find that geyser + healing flood is the same amount of time and does similar hps...while helping maintain stacks of dangers of deep and refreshing crystal proc. And beyond that pool of restoration is a fast cd.

I still believe that if you channel mana back during 'low/no dmg periods' (that is built for chloro strengths)...effusion isn't that 'naughty' during heavy damage provided it's 'after' better things are spent

so my point is...I could live just fine without cataract even on my bar (but still keep it for that .00001% moment I found a use for it such as just before volan hailo thingy)

Anyway, I'm not 'forum popular' on my warden thought process - just by 2 cents as It's served me very well. If someone is new to warden....probably be better to learn warden without it and spend your time managing mana to match the fights etc will yield a better healer imo.

Healing Cataract = I wish I was a mage vial spores (which is just silly)

Quote Originally Posted by crimson maelstrum View Post
    I cant believe that macros are even allowed in games to be honest. I have been playing for 30 years and have never used a macro once. Maybe I am an old school, and just an old, but to me seems like if you need to macro everything you are doing there is not any skill left to do. It is no wonder it always seems like others are having better skills, but in truth its just pre-determined set of variables, you are not even reacting to your surroundings. hit a button and pray you chose the right set of macros ..Honestly I don't see how any developers of any true pvp skilled game would even make a system designed on macros..to me it weakens the skill set and makes for cookie cutter characters and zombie players with no real imagination. I know I will get flamed for posting this, but hey its my opinion, just saying it out loud once.
    What the heck has that got to do with this guide? Most of the macros are just mouseover macros anyway.
    Pantz@Hailol
    Asia's best cleric

Updated this guide for warden to feel more naturally to each fight, due to the attention this guide has gotten lately.
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

If you know that damage is going to pulse at the raid you can spam Healing Cataract to avoid using Healing Effusion, as Healing Effusion burns your mana down to zero from over use
    "spam" and "healing cataract" should not be in the same sentence imo,
    consider something like "if you know when damage is comming pre-cast healing cataract then go into stronger cds, pool of restro and then lastly effusion"

"Avoid using Healing Effusion" advice is silly imo, should be more like "use effusion when you've spent your better cds and manage your mana during slow periods to accomodate spikes before they hit"

Ascendant

Healing Effusion is more HPS than Healing Cataract and thus should be used when you absolutely need the best heals possible. There is always down time to regenerate your mana.

That being said, Healing Cataract can still serve a purpose for constant minor raid damage which may require your assistance. I'd rather use a Healing Cataract or two on Abominus' meteor mechanic than burn my mana away.

I'd rather use a Healing Cataract or two on Abominus' meteor mechanic than burn my mana away.
    Ahov I think we mostly aggree with each other, but in the case of meteor I found geyser and healing flood to do 80% of the ticks, then the second to last tick pool of restro then last tick effusion. I just think that works better since it refreshes dangers of the deep stacks and crystal bonus so hopefully it's still up on next platform.

ps. your sig needs updating! gratz on the kill
    Last edited by Juarauna; 04-17-2014 at 08:59 AM. Reason: gratz

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Juarauna View Post
    Ahov I think we mostly aggree with each other, but in the case of meteor I found geyser and healing flood to do 80% of the ticks, then the second to last tick pool of restro then last tick effusion. I just think that works better since it refreshes dangers of the deep stacks and crystal bonus so hopefully it's still up on next platform.

ps. your sig needs updating! gratz on the kill
    We only use 1 chloro on Abominus these days, so I guess I need to heal a little bit more than usual. Still end up with 5k dps though :P

It really pains me to see 1-2k dps wardens.

We only use 1 chloro on Abominus these days, so I guess I need to heal a little bit more than usual. Still end up with 5k dps though :P

It really pains me to see 1-2k dps wardens.
    P1 I've been ~4-6k
    p2...meh I tend to help on tanks allot and lose allot of that ending dps seeing more like 2.4-3k
    I can easily see why a warden ends up 2kish if they're spot healing a tank more often.

I also spot heal allot on my mage with bloom and resurrgence, my dps always horrible in mage terms but given that's with pugs it always helps stuff go down.

So I guess it depends if you take the 'spot heal' role in your raid....I know if I don't healing breath and stream orbs in some cases things can go south fast. Not all of us play with the all stars of Rift, I personally compensate more than I should but only based on experiece that my habit to help other healers ends up helping us kill stuff faster vs another 2k dps.

Bad habit? Maybe...but it seems to help the raid as a whole more often.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast