+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Kazz's Expert Healing Hybrid

Default Kazz's Expert Healing Hybrid

44 Warden/21 Purifier/11 Sentinel

My hybrid is one of the most capable, efficient and brainless healing specs for quick 5 man expert dungeons as Cleric.
    And yes guess what guys! it has intense amounts of AOE and burst healing!
    No more brain power and target prioritizing, you can fall asleep healing in this spec

I developed this build months ago as i really enjoyed leveling healing primarily as Warden - And as you may have figured; once you hit higher level dungeons, it becomes less viable. This will have you covered.

Active Buffs

Purifier: Sign of Daring, Sign of Wrath, Wisdom of the Ages.
    Sentinel: Healer's Blessing, Heroic Resolve.
    Warden: Shared Excess

Macros

AoE Heals:
    Code:
    #show Pool of Restoration
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Pool of Restoration
    cast @self Orbs of the Tide
    cast Healing Effusion
    Single Target - Spot Heals:
    Code:
    #show Healing Breath
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Symbol of the Torch
    cast Healing Breath
    cast Orbs of the Stream
    cast Healing Flare
    Latent Blaze:
    Code:
    #show Latent Blaze
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Flashover
    cast Touch the Light
    cast Tidal Surge
    cast Latent Blaze
    AOE Cleanse:
    Code:
    #show Curative Waters
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @self Curative Waters
    Single Target Cleanse:
    Code:
    #show Cleansing Waters
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @mouseoverui Cleansing Waters
    cast @group01 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group02 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group03 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group04 Cleansing Waters
    cast @group05 Cleansing Waters
    ... this can be continued to @group20 as i use this macro in raids for
    my main warden spec, i just wanted to avoid a page of code :)

Other skills to have on your bar

Warden: Healing Spray, Soothing Stream, Healing Flood, Ripple, Open Water, River of Life (Battle Res).

Skills to have bound solely for watching cooldowns or very rare situational use

Major 3: Flashover, Touch of the Light, Tidal Surge.

Situational: Overflowing Renewal, Healing Cataract (if you're bored and there's a trivial amount missing from each party member).

Skill/Macro Explanations

AoE Heals Macro: This one of my favourite macros, tap once for a short cooldown instant AOE smart heal. I usually use this once the whole group is below 70% and it'll take them all back to full. (in a regular/ideal situation, this will be off cooldown once the party drops below 70% again.)
    Tap twice for more AOE heals, this applies Orbs of the Tide to yourself. Usually this is enough, but under extenuating circumstances you may want to pop in an Effusion for a big group heal. I would highly suggest avoiding tapping this more than twice as Healing Effusion is mana intensive.

Single Target - Spot Heals Macro: This is - in my opinion the most efficient way to spot heal the party. As Shared Excess will heal raid members up rather quickly if the tank is at full HP with both Healing Spray and four stacks of Soothing Stream. If one party member is lower, anticipate continued damage with a shield and follow it up with a quick Healing Breath/Orbs of the Stream/Healing Flare by tapping the macro once more.
    Using this macro in terms of tank spot healing will keep the tank's hp up during times of heavy burst. Any burst spamming this whilst maintaining Healing Spray and four stacks of Soothing Stream will usually keep the tank up. When you're at the lower gear threshold of gear any of the burst needed will be covered by your Latent Blaze application through the Latent Blaze macro. Which can be reapplied after proc.

Latent Blaze Macro: This skill will cover your butt! It uses 3 OGCD next spell buffs on Latent Blaze, it sometimes pops for over 65k!
    During any burst heals lacking from keeping your HoT stacks up and spamming the Single Target Macro will be covered by this.
    As you become more geared this will proc less and less, and will be the difference between a standing tank, and a dead party when pulling the entire instance!
    Apply this before it drops off from timing out, as having it up is a savior when intense burst heals are needed. It can proc, and be reapplied straight away; then you can continue keeping up Healing Spray and Soothing Stream stacks and spamming your Single Target Macro to try stop the next Latent Blaze from popping.

AOE Cleanse: Your standard AOE cleanse. This includes a simple target @self feature to ensure it goes off on all players in Line of Sight.

Single Target Cleanse: This is a lazy-man's cleanse macro. Useful for cleansing those individual debuffs in instances where keeping an AOE cleanse off cooldown would be useful. If your target requires a cleanse, it will prioritize them, if not; It includes a cast @group## feature so you will not have to individually target the players that require cleansing it will automatically cleanse the person closest to position 1 in the party that requires cleansing and will move on to the next person if there is nothing to be cleansed.

Ripple: This is a great AOE heal for times during massive party damage that spreads all 4 HoT stacks of Soothing Stream, Healing Spray and Healing Flood from the tank to all those in range of yourself.

Open Water: Use this between pulls or times of manageable party damage to keep mana near full. Though this is rarely required during a fight as this build has low mana consumption unless you're spamming Healing Effusion.

Expert Healing Tips:

Keep Healing Spray and 4 stacks of Soothing Stream up on the tank. - I would recommend refreshing Soothing Stream at about 5 seconds left, as the healing decreases over the duration. If you are only just at the gear threshold of this guide, i cannot stress enough that you should not let these HoT stacks drop.

I shouldn't have to mention it, but buff up!
    Cast Shared Excess on the tank, this will spread all your overheals to other party members within range.

Reminder - Keep Latent Blaze up, try refreshing it a minute before it may proc during the fight, so as you're pulling the last mob before a boss, refresh it so it's off cooldown and ready to reapply upon proc.

Miscellaneous

This build becomes viable from about 4200+ spell power if you're proficient (or up for a challenge) - though i would suggest 5000+ in case you try charge me your Soul Vitalty Mends!
    I would not suggest it before then as it lacks in constant burst during high tank damage when you're undergeared.

Incase you are wondering, my self-buffed spell power is 6.7k in this spec. I have been using this since about 4.2k spellpower because I really loved playing Warden leveling.
    It is easy enough to heal Warlord/Pally's in 3 pieces of tank gear, rest dps gear with 39k+ hp in speed experts. Though i would not suggest this until about 6k+ spell power.

Thanks for taking the time to read my guide
    If you have any questions feel free to post away, I'd love to hear your experiences with it if you do end up trying it out!

~ Kazz
    Last edited by Jester; 11-09-2013 at 11:06 AM.

I'll have to try this one out later - I've been thinking about trying a Warden/Puri hybrid for dungeons, and this looks perfect! Thanks for putting it up.
    Draxaria - Lv65 Rogue --- Draxxonar - Lv65 Mage --- Draxxeer - Lv65 Cleric --- Draxlia - Lv53 Warrior
    ~Shatterbone at heart, Wolfsbane in reality~

I don't suggest using deep warden as a tank healer, if your gear'd maybe you can.
    Last edited by Burninalways; 05-29-2014 at 05:07 PM.
    True Server First Prime GP: Anrak the Foul & Guurloth
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

Quote Originally Posted by Burninalways View Post
    A bunch of stuff
    Good points, I might use something similar to this myself.... I haven't looked too closely at the exact point builds yet though. My approach to targeting is to use @mouseoverui and/or @focus macros as needed (meaning on all of my single target spells), and just keep the enemy targeted at all times so I can hit them. Target through target works too though.
    Draxaria - Lv65 Rogue --- Draxxonar - Lv65 Mage --- Draxxeer - Lv65 Cleric --- Draxlia - Lv53 Warrior
    ~Shatterbone at heart, Wolfsbane in reality~

i just like it because it is you kazz^^
    Quite@Typhiria
    -GreatWhiteNinja- he was right after all -
    61 Dominator Guide
    Nightmare rifts - An indepth guide to reach stage 300

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmaster384 View Post
    I'll have to try this one out later - I've been thinking about trying a Warden/Puri hybrid for dungeons, and this looks perfect! Thanks for putting it up.
    A pleasure let me know how it turns out!

Quote Originally Posted by Burninalways View Post
    I don't suggest using deep warden as a tank healer, though if you wanted to here's some sight changes to your spec'd points.
    I have no problems whatsoever with burst tank healing in this spec, i pull up to about 9k hps when we pull all the trash up to a boss. Latent blaze will cover your butt

Quote Originally Posted by Nynja View Post
    i just like it because it is you kazz^^
    haha! :')

I have a very similar, if not identical build to this setup, and it does the job well as long as your tank is at least OK. With a newb tank that isn't experienced with their build, cooldowns, and with bare min gear, it can get a little dicey, but still doable. The main reason I made this spec was for covering the aoe healing when dragging newbs that aren't good at staying out of the stupid through experts, and it works great for that.

And yes, Latent Blaze FTW
    Last edited by SoulshadowDK; 11-15-2013 at 02:24 PM.
    Soulraiser - 60 Cleric // Soulslayer - 60 Warrior // Soulshadow 60 Mage
    Faeblight NA
    http://www.dargaardknights.com
    Visit our recruiting thread HERE

Quote Originally Posted by rakasha681 View Post
    I have a very similar, if not identical build to this setup, and it does the job well as long as your tank is at least OK. With a newb tank that isn't experienced with their build, cooldowns, and with bare min gear, it can get a little dicey, but still doable. The main reason I made this spec was for covering the aoe healing when dragging newbs that aren't good at staying out of the stupid through experts, and it works great for that.

And yes, Latent Blaze FTW
    Pretty much, I can heal dps tanking while the tank fails with aggro for quite a long time with Symbol of the Torch shielding for over 10k non-crit.

Always nice to see a hybrid spec, I've been so bored healing experts lately I don't bother using the 61 specs. I just play defiler and do more dps than pugs....
    If i ever heal on kyzan again I might use this (would drop some points into puri for aoe cleanse)

Thanks for the journey RIFT - It's been fun

Soulwalker

I just tried it and kinda ****ing love it thanks for posting.
    There is just one point im not sure about: why cast @self for the AOE macro. I preffer to cast on one of the person taking damage for sure, so it procs the aoe heals.

Great guide

Champion

What set's this apart from your standard builds? Will it beat out any of the 61pt builds? Or is this a "if your bored with using the superior 61pt heal builds try this for self-added difficulty/fun"...

In no way am I trying to be a smart-***, I'd honestly like to know. Regardless, thank you very much it's obvious you put in a lot of time and effort coming up with this!

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Mumnoch View Post
    What set's this apart from your standard builds? Will it beat out any of the 61pt builds? Or is this a "if your bored with using the superior 61pt heal builds try this for self-added difficulty/fun"...

In no way am I trying to be a smart-***, I'd honestly like to know. Regardless, thank you very much it's obvious you put in a lot of time and effort coming up with this!
    The truth is that this build is as good as 61Puri, 61Ward, 61Sent. It has sustained AOE heals that neither 61 Sent nor 61 Puri have and it has sustained ST heals that 61 Warden doesnt have. This spec, with a very small change to point distribution, is capable of solo healing Kyzan (which was done this past lockout). It is an extremely powerful spec and I would really suggest that any Cleric healer should pick this spec up and become comfortable with it.

Champion of Telara TheDoomgiver's Avatar

how do you have two sign buffs up? or is that a typo?

I have had a ton of fun with this build, thanks so much for it

Champion of Telara TheDoomgiver's Avatar

also, what do you use to keep up tank's HP, other than the HoT's?

ward of flame? overflowing renewal? or something else?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast