+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Easy(effective) Druid (again since I'm a noob and don't know how to edit)

Telaran

Default Easy(effective) Druid (again since I'm a noob and don't know how to edit)

The build: Easy Druid

The main change in this build is replacing massive blow + fervent strike with Dark Water on dummy it parses lower(300-600 dps) but more than makes up for it in actual raid conditions, it has significantly better disconnect handling(50% of melee dps as opposed to 30-40%)

Self Buffs:
    Armor of Devotion
    Fury of the Fae
    Subtlety
    Aid of the Forest
    (Though Step if you feel you want it)

Pet Stuff:
    Single Target: Spirit of Asphodel + Satyr Destroyer
    AOE/2+target cleave: Spirit of Upheaval + Fae Dispersion + Greater Faerie Seer

Druid is extremely easy to play and pulls off really good dps under 2 conditions a. the encounter is melee friendly and b. there isn't a lot of frequent target swapping

Spam Macro:
    #show Resounding Blow
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Resounding Blow
    cast Combined Effort
    cast Essence Strike
    cast Dark Water
    cast Trickster's Bolt
    petattack

This macro will keep Eruption of Life on your target so long as you do not miss more than 1 GCD on a either Resounding Blow or Combined Effort

the only other macro is the Refresh Macro:
    #show Essence Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Essence Strike
    cast Dark Water

which you use to realign cooldowns(handled later) and to reapply Eruption of Life if you disconnected for too long.

Buttons you need on your bar Spam Macro, Eruption of Life, Crushing Force, Refresh Macro, Fae mimicry and Wild Strike for aoe the rest are gap closers/utility.(I highly recommend having Resounding blow, combined effort, Essence strike and masssive blow somewhere on a 2nd bar to monitor their cooldowns)

The key to playing druid is lining up your cooldowns(on a dummy they will align perfectly with no need for intervention but in a raid compensation will be needed) the 4 major cooldowns are Resounding Blow(Causes next ability to deal 50% more damage(cooldown is reduced by 1.5 sec for each Eurption of life charge consumed) Combined Effort(Cause targets hit during it 15sec buff to take 20% additional damage for 5 seconds) and Essence Strike(Refreshes Eruption of Life) and finally Fae Mimicry(next 4 abilities do life damage equal to their initial damage (2x damage for 4 casts))

The initial casts will go as follows Crushing Force -> Eruption of Life -> Fae Mimicry => Resounding Blow(Spam Macro) -> Combined Effort(Spam Macro) - Essence Strike(Spam Macro) -> 4x Dark Water(Spam Macro) ->Resounding Blow(Spam Macro)( cd resets while Combined effort is on 8.5 seconds) -> Crushing Force(the first RB+Crushing Force will clip the dot that's unavoidable) -> 3x Dark Water(Spam Macro) -> Essence Strike(Spam Macro) and now Resounding Blow and Combined Effort are both off cooldown allowing the spam to start again.

The idea is to have Resounding Blow boost Combined Efforts Damage every time it can(15sec) and the 2nd resounding blow will boost Crushing Force(When combined effort is on roughly 7.5 sec cd)

The key thing is too maintain the above pattern for 30 seconds(for fae mimicry to reset) allowing another Fae Mimicry -> Resounding Blow => Combined Effort combo(you will often not use fae mimicry as soon as it is off cooldown as you normal wait 1-3 seconds for the Resounding Blow Combined Effort combo

Recap: Make sure the fight starts with Euption of Life + Crushing Force
    Fae mimicry whenever both Resounding Blow and Combined Effort are off cooldown
    Crushing Force After every 2nd resounding blow
    and Refresh macro if the timings are off and you need to fill GCDs to get a combo off

Side note: While the Satyr Destroyer does more ST damage than the Seer, certain fights causes pets to die(Flood the halls in Archive of Flesh) so using the Seer on stay command in a safe spot will yield higher dps(a dead pet does no damage)
    Last edited by heartoftheforce; 10-29-2013 at 05:11 PM.

To be able to edit beyond the edit timer and post proper guides you need to earn guide writer status. This requires putting forth far more time and effort into build, gear, macro testing and the written guide (with a stated purpose) than the average player is willing to put forth. And, of course, requesting guide writer status after the former is achieved and accepted by the community.

There are far too many players who post "guides" which steers other players in the wrong direction. This is why many people who post guides often meet with harsh criticism from experienced players.

Well done putting in the "refresh" macro. A lot of players will let their dots fall off and forget to refresh them, but with Essence strike in the main dps macro, I'm not sure you'll get much activation of it from the refresh macro. Maybe you could. Meh, don't listen to me, I'm a PvP healer. =)

Thanks for posting this, will try it out when shards come back up
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raid member of GraySkull"

How much dps are you pulling with this?
    12/12 -- 15/15 -- 9/9
    Comet Of Ankhet -- 2/4HM
    Lethaemis@Laethys 1600 Primalist

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Gualtiero View Post
    To be able to edit beyond the edit timer and post proper guides you need to earn guide writer status. This requires putting forth far more time and effort into build, gear, macro testing and the written guide (with a stated purpose) than the average player is willing to put forth. And, of course, requesting guide writer status after the former is achieved and accepted by the community.

There are far too many players who post "guides" which steers other players in the wrong direction. This is why many people who post guides often meet with harsh criticism from experienced players.

Well done putting in the "refresh" macro. A lot of players will let their dots fall off and forget to refresh them, but with Essence strike in the main dps macro, I'm not sure you'll get much activation of it from the refresh macro. Maybe you could. Meh, don't listen to me, I'm a PvP healer. =)
    Tx i was wondering about that, the reason essence strike is in the refresh macro is because on some occasions(when eruption of life is at 3 charges and both resounding blow and combined effort are off cooldown Essence Strike won't refresh EoL, that and biding time for lining up the combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lethaemis View Post
    How much dps are you pulling with this?
    I'm pulling 14k-14.7k with this on dummies depending on what abilities crit, the 61druid/8shaman/7inq build i have pulls steadier 14.5k-15k, though that is in perfect conditions with no disconnects, which is why i prefer this build which handles disconnects much better(no dps loss if while EoL is on the target and RB/CE are on CD so those 2/3 sec disconnects do nothing)

+ Reply to Thread