+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Quick Purifier Guide

Default Quick Purifier Guide v2 - Dragon Lord

This is a guide for Purifier, it's simple and easy to understand how to use.
    Purifier is the best tank healing soul for Clerics and can handle solo healing Experts and tank healing in Raids.
    Though warning mistakes could be present.

Best Spec:
    61 Purifier, 11 Sentinel, 4 Oracle

Alternative Specs:
    61 Purifier, 11 Sentinel, 4 Inquisitor - Non Oracle Soul

Masteries:
    Level 61 - Righteous Protection
    Level 62 - Divine Inspiration
    Level 63 - Faith's Freedom
    Level 64 - Diversify
    Level 65 - Soul Stream

For the Level 65 Mastery you should choose Divine Favor when dealing with a group of 5 members as it will help to keep the group alive during AoEs or minor damage, and should allow you to concentrate more on healing the tank.

Buffs:
    Boon of Vitality
    Heroic Resolve
    Wisdom of the Ages
    Caregiver's Blessing
    Sign of Faith

As you use another Sign due to a Mastery you can choose between Sign of Daring or Sign of Anticipation.
    You will sometimes have to reapply Sign of Faith when swapping between those two.
    Sign of Daring - Use when the Tank is just fighting a Boss, with little to no adds.
    Sign of Anticipation - Use when the Tank is engaging trash or lots of adds on a Boss fight.

Tank Buff:
    Eruption

Standard Rotation:
    Before Fight cast Latent Blaze on the tank.

Apply Symbol of the Sun to the tank, cast Ward of Flame x2, cast Ward of Fire and basically repeat; the
    longer the fight continues the more mana you will lose, which is normal.

If you know that the tank is going to take heavy damage use Fiery Will with Rite of the Forge.

If the tank is very low use Spiritual Conflagration or Ward of Scorching.

Even though Flame of Life is a 10 man HoT it is a great HoT for a tank, if it does apply to the tank.

Keep Symbol of the Sun active on tank, and Latent Blaze if you have time to apply.

Useful abilities you need to know about:
    Spoiler!

Macros:
    These will help, though you can make your own to suit your needs.

#show Healing Breath
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @mouseoverui Healing Breath
    cast @mouseoverui Healing Flare

#show Symbol of the Sun
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @mouseoverui Symbol of the Sun

#show Symbol of the Torch
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @mouseoverui Symbol of the Torch

#show Ward of Fire
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Flashover
    cast Symbol of the Sun
    cast Ward of Fire

#show Latent Blaze
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Touch the Light
    cast Latent Blaze

#show Symbol of the Sun
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @group01 Symbol of the Sun
    cast @group02 Symbol of the Sun
    cast @group03 Symbol of the Sun
    cast @group04 Symbol of the Torch
    cast @group05 Symbol of the Torch

#show Sterilize
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @mouseoverui Sterilize

#show Cauterize
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @mouseoverui Cauterize
    cast @group01 Cauterize
    cast @group02 Cauterize
    cast @group03 Cauterize
    cast @group04 Cauterize
    cast @group05 Cauterize
    cast @group06 Cauterize
    cast @group07 Cauterize
    cast @group08 Cauterize
    cast @group09 Cauterize
    cast @group10 Cauterize
    cast @group11 Cauterize
    cast @group12 Cauterize
    cast @group13 Cauterize
    cast @group14 Cauterize
    cast @group15 Cauterize
    cast @group16 Cauterize
    cast @group17 Cauterize
    cast @group18 Cauterize
    cast @group19 Cauterize
    cast @group20 Cauterize

#show Fire Wall
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @gtae Fire Wall
    cast Fire Wall

Karuulalert:
    Code:
    KA::AKtA+eNq1lduK2zAQhl/FL9BU8kk2upJiCwqlF9mUvQkY2VESsbYVJKWQHt69kkN2c17Dtow
    dYnkY/Z/m4Jm0IlCrwG5EwJReCwzxHG9bvhd6YrlbsMMKc/fsypcwQosC5lGWgzAniGCYOHfmDDi
    byZXFBbf88+L7lwWvZSvtvpKN6s3CdKK1sl9DPlkuDUZJilEKcZz5CzrD0/LbvJz5f8D9ABwBp2F
    +XA79U+o2ctv9ftr1OLyr+2nf1ao9Kve+hFGYhwzROA8pSAj1wcfp3u60XEmhKzNErdSqclErs+s
    HjjQBOIMIp8BfcBImlyjgMQrd6V7t7N00MHz06FXvshWPPm/1Ini/7KTWSptolFr4nlomxPJQDy3
    vhHlQPJeehJUhiIo4TglEKEumPvA4lGbjQ1eiq902Q/HA1GFkHzj0VhjjitHXyKDvBOSV4NppyEA
    6VnaturrifS83suVWqkPBoCx02vNz7b+M5c2L+XObgR2XoyMDcAzPXC8HaVI/auIzN8KKEpVFVqA
    yhxGbUgzH0mhhrNKO44eoVv40wgMOiB718Xvl5BprHzzLtr1OgLO3tyQsMpokKEasBFEY5uMHz5Z
    rvlZ9xVveaNm4F4PwzMm9ysNY7f7850o3m9FT6OBNojLLYQmKuEwJyNL0w3PI+rgV/zez6Cu3orc
    BbflPEXwKptzYm4BsADz19hM2QxTAiAKS05IyPBasHcJUtQ/zinFeUoOQE46J638wcV8QeNB/3SC
    XNA8a5P9igNudAQeL7or/CyXMUdE
    Last edited by Burninalways; 02-12-2015 at 09:46 AM.
    True Server First Prime GP: Anrak the Foul & Guurloth
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

I've updated the guide with masteries for a Purifier.
    Removed redundant specs.
    Changed the Karuulalert a little.
    Last edited by Burninalways; 10-22-2014 at 02:16 AM.
    True Server First Prime GP: Anrak the Foul & Guurloth
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

Its worth mentioning that the HPS output is much higher if you just alternate between ward of flame and ward of fire, instead of ward of flame x2 > ward of fire. Although the mana consumption is also increased.
    Ambi - Cleric - Apotheosys.

Rift Chaser

Ran an expert. Looking forward to raiding with this.

Symbol of the sun and ward of flame kept the tank from ever dropping below 100%. I kept ward of fire on instacast due to six ward of flame stacks to use on anyone in the group that needed a quick heal. Also had healing breath and healing flare for for quick healing of party members.

Popped flame of life a couple of times if there was a group damage spike (mostly to try it out and it was awesome!).

Nice to have a group cleanse so 21 sent isn't required.

Used a few of the other heavy hitter abilities when I was looking at tooltips and then realized someone needed a little something.

Fun soul. Happy to have an alternative to sentinel for 5/10 man content and looking forward to seeing where this soul can fit into bigger raids.

Thanks Kervik.

Soulwalker

I'm really happy that Trion reworked purifier for us Most of the clerics didn't have any fun playing a bubble bot spec, at least not my guildies. Now it's time to wipe some ppl
    Thanks for your guide !

Newb cleric of <Wipe Inc>@Zaviel 4/4GA 1/3IG

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by usman View Post
    Its worth mentioning that the HPS output is much higher if you just alternate between ward of flame and ward of fire, instead of ward of flame x2 > ward of fire. Although the mana consumption is also increased.
    Havent tested this, but mana is already an issue with this new spec, id advise against doing this. You have lots of cooldowns for extra HPS that are fairly mana conservative.

Plane Touched

Yes, mana usage was interesting in my EE run tonight. For the first time ever as a purifier (in SL) I actually had to use a mana pot or two during some boss fights!

Telaran

I posted this in discussion but it should go here also. Tidal Surge is a better cool down then touch the light reason below in macro. I went 12 to get Healing cataract but if you want put another point into SP sent tree go for it. The healing per spell I lost by not putting more points into sent was almost none.

Sentinel (3) / Purifier (61) / Warden (12)

#show gathering of flames
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Flashover
    cast Fiery Will
    cast Tidal Surge
    cast gathering of flames

that macro creates 12k shield on 10 people

Plane Touched

Thanks for making this guide. It's a great place to start and I got a couple ideas for adjustments to macros out of it already. I only ever plan to do dungeon healing with my Cleric, but it's really nice to have an alternative to 61Sent that I enjoy (just can't get into Defiler).

Quote Originally Posted by Optik View Post
    I posted this in discussion but it should go here also. Tidal Surge is a better cool down then touch the light reason below in macro. I went 12 to get Healing cataract but if you want put another point into SP sent tree go for it. The healing per spell I lost by not putting more points into sent was almost none.

Sentinel (3) / Purifier (61) / Warden (12)

#show gathering of flames
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Flashover
    cast Fiery Will
    cast Tidal Surge
    cast gathering of flames

that macro creates 12k shield on 10 people
    For 5-mans, I guess this is an option. For raids, you'll be there as a tank healer only (and only if the guild is low on competent chloros), so you'll want to go into Sentinel for raiding.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Ardor View Post
    For 5-mans, I guess this is an option. For raids, you'll be there as a tank healer only (and only if the guild is low on competent chloros), so you'll want to go into Sentinel for raiding.
    a tank healer with 2 really good raid cool downs is better then a tank healer with nothing. I believe points are being wasted in sent.

Rift Disciple

that is more of a dungeon spec, you take away from your tank healing strength.

I'm thinking 61 puri/13 sent/2 inquis or 61 puri/14 sent/1 inquis or even 61 puri/12 warden/3 sent would be more benificial. Points in Sentinal is never a waste. Why 0 justicar?

Quote Originally Posted by Ardor View Post
    actually it is rather a waste for 5-mans as well. Warden and Gathering of Flames are only really useful with 10 or more people to heal

for healing the group just keep symbols up and spot heal after the completely predictable raid damage
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 08-22-2013 at 10:09 AM.

Telaran

The spec listed is incorrect. Expeditious affects Ward of Fire, Ward of Flame, and Symbol of the Sun. Thoughtful only affects Ward of Fire.

If you are doing 2x Ward of Flame/Insta Ward of Fire, you'll want to take 5/5 Watchful Gaze, 3/3 Expeditious, and 2/5 Benediction. (the 4/5 Divine Understanding and 1/1 Touch the Light is correct, hard casting a 3s Latent Blaze in the middle of a fight is unreasonable)

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#r/mkGliyFlkG8/pr2nw

If you are doing 1x Ward of Flame/1.5sec Ward of Fire, you may consider switching 2/5 benediction to 2/5 Thoughtful, as that's a very slight abs/heal increase. That being said, I would still take 2/5 Benediction over 2/5 Thoughtful, since it will give your Gathering of the Flames and Flames of Life a slight boost.
    Last edited by Jylea; 08-22-2013 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Including Link
    Zipi @ Greybriar
    <Mutiny>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast