+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bloodyneck92

Thread: Cleric PvP inq/cab/pur build

Telaran

Default Cleric PvP inq/cab/pur build

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#mf/E8k/nGaGyGllkBh0

Been playing with this build now since hotfix #13 which had two key changes that made this a great build.

I usually score top damage, top kills (or near for both) with heals (however only really solo heals)

1- darkwater now has no CD (other than GCD)
    2- darkness (the dot portion of darkwater) now stacks up to 3 times.

This changes the typical 61cab/15def build quite a bit.
    It gives you more power in your DoTs, and gives you more dots in general, while also giving you instas much earlier in your leveling from darkwater than previously (waiting until spiritual scrutiny) which makes all the difference when fighting on the move.

my typical rotation with this build is
    scourge > vex > curse of discord > sanction heritic > Darkwater > Darkwater > Darkwater

Now comes your options based on the situation

Enemies v You

1v1
    For this I typically place my DoTs, on top of that I add aggressive renewal and spiritual deficiency. If Nysyr's rebuke is up I use that directly after using fanaticism usually this will kill them fast enough that all but the most seasoned vets will panic and forget their "saves"

If they're still alive after this, bolt of judgement > reapply dots > bolt of depravity > repeated bolts of judgement until they crumble

2v1
    Healer + DPS v you
    This is an interesting mix to deal with, however this build handles it quite well.
    step 1 > dot the DPS
    Step 2 > dot the healer
    At this point the healer will usually panic and begin to spam heals on themselves, the DPS however is now open for burst damage similar to 1v1 situations remember to use your few healing abilities to remain alive through this process
    If the healer doesn't switch to themselves, finish them off and move on to the DPS

DPS + DPS v You
    Interestingly enough your DOTs on a single target are both some of your most powerful damage abilities and take about half of your rotation to put all of them on. Simply rotate refreshing your dots between the enemies until they die.

3v1
    In this situation you're generally dead. Keep cycling dots between the two most vulnerable targets and deal as much damage as possible. This is best done while similarly luring them to where you want them to be, either away from capture points, towards your large group of allies, out of the way of incoming scores, what have you. Survive and bait as long as possible and make the best of a bad situation

1v2
    Dots > bolts of judgment
    In most cases you're enemy wont survive long enough to make nysyr's rebuke worth it, use it if you'd like but I like to save that for my "you need to die 5 seconds ago" button.

3v1
    Don't even bother to DoT, they're going to die too fast anyways, spam bolt of judgment or Darkwater as you prefer

Blob v Blob

Target the most vulnerable (most damage enemy) and dot them, use nysyr's rebuke if its up, bolts of judgment if not.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Helpful tips
    -You're 99% Mobile, all of your key abilities are instas, use objects to your advantage, pop out, dot, hide rinse and repeat, you can't always cast an interrupt, and this has a similar effect without wasting a GCD
    - Speed = life, luckily for you you get Judicial privilege which gives you both, this is a key ability in surviving when fighting as for 1 GCD you get ~50% of your health back, best used when at about 75% health, when you're running from a meeler, getting away from a pack of enemies, etc.
    - Fanaticism + Nysyr's Rebuke together, ALWAYS.... I mean c'mon
    - Objects are your friend, I'll say this again, you're in a battle for the long haul, most enemies are in it for the burst, if you can mess up their rotation by popping in and around obstacles all of your DoTs are still hurting them but they're not touching you. This is a perfect time to top off some health or wait for that crucial CD to be ready.
    -FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FOCUS FIRE WHEN YOU CAN. You won't always have the ability to work with a team, cherish it when you do and focus fire. If you team doesn't call out targets (most pubs don't) simply turn on hostile nameplates and you can see their health, if its taking damage already, attack it first!
    -Don't forget to absorb and heal, could make the difference in a tight situation.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kinda a wall of text I know, but I am tired of people harking on the Cleric in PvP as anything but a healer when they are more than capable of holding their own in single target damage, just not burst damage.

You'll find this build beautifully balanced and great against anything that doesn't have two healers supporting it. Its lacking a few longer stuns/silences but besides that it makes the most of a otherwise bad situation.

OBJECTS ARE YOUR FRIEND!

No one commented on this yet?
    Ok i'll be the first!

I'm only lvl 41 but i'm gonna try this.
    Any suggestions on progression of build?
    Can it be used while leveling? Should be quite good actually... plus i think this is one of the best open world pvp class/spec combination!

Thanks
    Last edited by Riversilk; 08-13-2013 at 10:39 AM.

I have been looking for a viable Cleric PvP build and this looks promising.

I am only lvl 35, but have recently come back to the game and will try this one out.

Thanks for posting and sharing.

Champion

Tired of Rogues going around and killing me while I'm questing, so going to give this a try @ lvl 51. Regardless, thank you for taking the time to put this guide together!

Let me tell you, this build really shines at lvl 57, when you finally put 58 pts in Inquisitor and get the most awesome of buffs: Spiritual Scrutiny.
    Everything is different from then on.
    Before then i suggest you play druid/justicar (16 justicar, rest in druid, use satyr protector with spirit of upheaval and even justice to kill 5 mobs at a time, while being pratically immortal), use Greater Faerie Healer for occasional pvp (you can summon pets in 2s)

Soulwalker

Thank you for this guide. Very clear and helpful.

Ahov's guide is more comprehensive.

Telaran

Ahovs guide is also for pve?.. this is for PvP?

Telaran

However i think http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#mf/Eggw/nGaGyGllkBh0 this would work better for you?.. im not use if u ment to put it as 5% Increased damage over 10% more wisdom but wouldnt the SP increase be more worthy then the 5% Static Damage?.

+ Reply to Thread