+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: 2.3 Lazy Druid Guide: Top Solo Gameplay Spec with Extremley Competitive DPS

Default 2.3 Lazy Druid Guide: Top Solo Gameplay Spec with Extremley Competitive DPS

Update 6th January 2014 - This spec is still completely viable

Video guide: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLLyPNJguQI

Top All around DPS Druid Spec: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#l8g/DkGBiBhlkl8/n8

Justicar variant for salvation for increased self healing and survivability: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#l8g/DkGBiBhlkl8/r8

Buffs:
    •Armor of Devotion
    •Fury of the Fae
    •Vegence of the Winter Storm
    •Subtlety
    •Aid of the Forest
    •Through step (Optional: causes your Fae Step to teleport you behind the enemy)

Macros:

Single Target:
    show Fervent Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast [notactive] Spirit of Asphodel
    cast Fae Mimicry
    cast Essence Strike
    cast Combined Effort
    cast Resounding Blow
    cast Massive Blow
    cast Fervent Strike
    cast Trickster's Bolt

AOE:
    show Wild Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast [notactive] Spirit of Upheaval
    cast Wild Strike

Pets:
    •Single target DPS: Satyr Destroyer
    •AOE: Greater Faerie Seer WITH toggled ability fae dispersion on
    •Soloing: Greater Satyr Protector

Single Target Rotation:
    Eruption of Life -> Crushing Force -> Spam Macro x4 -> Vex -> Then continue to spam your macro while reapplying both Crushing Force and Vex whenever they fall off.

Your eruption of of life will be continually refreshed by essence strike provided you stick to the same target

If you are using the justicar variant, same rotation just take out Vex.

AOE Rotation:
    Wild strike forever. However it can be an all around dps increase to use the ST macro 4 times when you have Fae Mimicry off cooldown, be sure to put this ability on a seperate bar and so that you watch this cooldown carefully.

It is as easy as that!

Utility
    Interrupts/Silences:
    • Notion Theft: Interrupt, 10 second CD, not on the GCD
    • Grim Silence: Interrupts the target and silences it for 5 seconds, 30 second CD, on the GCD
    Movement:
    • Fae Step: Teleports to the Enemy and gives you a 50% speed increase for 5 seconds, 15 second CD, not on the GCD
    • Ride the Lightning: Charges toward the Enemy, 15 second CD, on the GCD
    Other
    • Slumber, puts the target to sleep for 10 seconds, damage done will break this, 30 second CD, on the GCD

Protips:
    • Druid is going to burn your mana like crazy, be sure to stock up and always carry lots mana pots to avoid having to constantly waste GCD's to sacrifice health for mana.
    • You can take Spirit of Unheavel and Spirit of Asphodel out of your macro's and manually toggle them which in certain scenario's can lead to a possible dps increase.

If you want to see this spec in action and see how god-damm overpowered it actually is, check out the following video of me soloing Lord Greenscale (20 Man): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsmRItS-PhI

Special thanks to Burninalways for laying the foundations of this spec!

Any questions, comments or anything I have missed, feel free to comment below!
    Last edited by Seatin; 01-06-2014 at 03:26 AM.
    #1 Hardcore Casual - Seatin - RIFT livestreamer @ www.twitch.tv/seatinmanoflegends

I also YouTube, so if you want to watch AWESOME (BOLD IS FUN) Rift Guides, Endgame Gameplay and Tutorial Videos; be sure to check check out: www.youtube.com/seatinmanoflegends

Updated to include video guide and a few tweaks.
    #1 Hardcore Casual - Seatin - RIFT livestreamer @ www.twitch.tv/seatinmanoflegends

I also YouTube, so if you want to watch AWESOME (BOLD IS FUN) Rift Guides, Endgame Gameplay and Tutorial Videos; be sure to check check out: www.youtube.com/seatinmanoflegends

Default a quick review (if it can called be one, as such)

I was previously rolling a druid+ 16 justicar build, and I wish to compare some points :

1. DPS. :
    no doubt about it, DPS is definitely higher, but, its sustained DPS, meaning, if you mess up in the middle, it might take more than a few seconds to get your DPS back. the other build just required you to cast Thorns, Eruption, RB, etc.. and you were made.

2. Survivablity :
    not much. I could take on 2-3 higher level mobs, and more than 6 same/low level mobs at once, and survive, thanks to even justice + salvation (I once took on a captured waystone by myself, in Scarwood, me vs about 10-12 mobs, they were all 2-3 levels below me, I killed them all, and only had to run away once, ran out of convictions)

sadly, I tried to take on a few creeps (maybe it was a major active fire rift, even though they were lvl 35, about 6-8 levels below me), they took me out. haha. a lvl 43 char taken out by 4 lvl 35 wandering flames

3. Crits
    HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!! almost every other hit is a crit. im going nuts at the amount of bold text thats on my screen. MB? crit. RB? crit. even vex crits every few ticks.

Also, this build has ****ty AOE. wild strike has got NOTHING on even justice.

TL;DR : high ST dps, CRITS, low survivablity, limited AOE.

I'm not bashing your guide, or promoting the other, these are honest observations made by me.
    TRINO PLS

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoomgiver View Post
    I was previously rolling a druid+ 16 justicar build, and I wish to compare some points :

1. DPS. :
    no doubt about it, DPS is definitely higher, but, its sustained DPS, meaning, if you mess up in the middle, it might take more than a few seconds to get your DPS back. the other build just required you to cast Thorns, Eruption, RB, etc.. and you were made.

2. Survivablity :
    not much. I could take on 2-3 higher level mobs, and more than 6 same/low level mobs at once, and survive, thanks to even justice + salvation (I once took on a captured waystone by myself, in Scarwood, me vs about 10-12 mobs, they were all 2-3 levels below me, I killed them all, and only had to run away once, ran out of convictions)

sadly, I tried to take on a few creeps (maybe it was a major active fire rift, even though they were lvl 35, about 6-8 levels below me), they took me out. haha. a lvl 43 char taken out by 4 lvl 35 wandering flames

3. Crits
    HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!! almost every other hit is a crit. im going nuts at the amount of bold text thats on my screen. MB? crit. RB? crit. even vex crits every few ticks.

Also, this build has ****ty AOE. wild strike has got NOTHING on even justice.

TL;DR : high ST dps, CRITS, low survivablity, limited AOE.

I'm not bashing your guide, or promoting the other, these are honest observations made by me.
    If you use the correct pet (Tanking or Faerie Seer with Fae Dispersion toggled) with Spirit of Asphodel, the pet alone does 20K+ AoE DPS.

The ability to survive is really linked into the pet, if your using the Satyr Protector, he can hold agro on pretty much everything and take little to no damage while doing it, also the more he pulls, the more both you and him heal thanks to Aid of the Forest.

Check out some of the video's of me solo'ing old school raid bosses with 7.1 Million health

General of Telara forbiddenlake's Avatar

No mention of life surge? (did not watch the video)
    Hello, a cheerful voice said in his mind. Would you like to destroy some evil today?

General of Telara forbiddenlake's Avatar

Forgot the skill is named Eruption of Life, and now I can't edit/delete.
    Hello, a cheerful voice said in his mind. Would you like to destroy some evil today?

Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    -snip- with Spirit of Asphodel,

The ability to survive is really linked into the pet,

-snip-
    ok, i havent got SoA yet.
    im so darn confused, someone says go shaman for dps, but he is quite fragile, while i hear peeps say that druid is not a good dps, and i more of a support, and i see you barely take damage from greenscales.

can you share your build in the video? (posted on reddit)?

also, as a lvl 45, im running a pure shaman + 4 justicar + 11 druid build, and the pets are just lvl 24 for healer and 30 for tank. they are being DEVASTATED by a single attack.

and for some reason, salvation wont proc, no idea why.

the only reason i've reset souls 4 times in the last couple of days is that i'm absolutely torn between maxing druid and shaman.
    Last edited by TheDoomgiver; 08-11-2013 at 12:32 AM.
    TRINO PLS

ok, i respecced to this, and its been awesome so far.

pet tanks like a boss, i got from 46 to 49 today, thanks to shimmersand IA + this build lvl 48 mobs with spiky portraits? no problem. mass of creatures? no problem.

the only problem i've had is strange. in stillmoor, a wardstone went down. it was camped by many mobs. i tried to wade in, deal damage, but i was literally insta-killed. i had to go cabalist to kill them all.

alright, im at 60% to 50. wish me luck.

ps. i'll be keeping this build, ty
    TRINO PLS

What advantage does this spec have over Defiler in terms of soloing?

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Kriptini View Post
    I prefer Druid over Defiler for general soloing as the DPS is still very high and I can tank pet mobs around collect items needed for the daily quests. i.e. go in get the item, move to the next while the tank pet holds any adds around the item.
    Undecided! P90 Cleric | 9/9 FT-EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 5/5 PB | BoB 2/4

Is this a good leveling spec?
    if so what kind of talent tree would you recommend for a 50?
    every spec I try seems to be awful, either i don't survive or it takes forever to kill one mob.
    I came for the raids, ended up spending all of my time (and plat) on Dimensions
    Psy 60MageFaeblight
    Mage Class Lead
    <The Remorseless>
    "Hodor."-Hodor

Quote Originally Posted by aLittleBird View Post
    I prefer Druid over Defiler for general soloing as the DPS is still very high and I can tank pet mobs around collect items needed for the daily quests. i.e. go in get the item, move to the next while the tank pet holds any adds around the item.
    But the Beacon does the same thing and is way easier to control.

Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    If you use the correct pet (Tanking or Faerie Seer with Fae Dispersion toggled) with Spirit of Asphodel, the pet alone does 20K+ AoE DPS.
    Did you mean Fae distortion?
    And did you mean toggled ON or OFF?
    My caster pet doesn't seem to do anywhere near 20k.

Quote Originally Posted by Kriptini View Post
    They both have various advantages and disadvantages really, this build does a lot more damage ST and slightly more damage AOE.

Defiler has a lot more single target burst healing, although it can be argued this is overkill in most scenario's.

Defiler beacon only lasts 5 minutes, after that beacon expires when you re-summon one, it is likely it won't be able to get agro (This doesn't matter to much for open world, but in regards to killing soloing old content, this really makes it quite bad), In general as well, I find the druid tank pet a lot more reliable agro wise and plus it has 2 taunts.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodor View Post
    Did you mean Fae distortion?
    And did you mean toggled ON or OFF?
    My caster pet doesn't seem to do anywhere near 20k.
    Nope Fae Dispersion, Make sure it is toggled ON - (Link to Ability) http://rift.magelo.com/en/ability/1484879043
    Then make sure Spirit of Unheavel is toggled ON (The AOE macro automatically does this if you've copied it right) - http://rift.magelo.com/en/ability/-46018176
    Then go to the AOE Dummies in Tempest bay and your damage meter should soar as shown in the video!
    Last edited by Seatin; 08-13-2013 at 04:59 AM.

whoa nice thanks! got it to work. pulled 34k aoe on the dummy self buffed. this makes the spec not that bad/helpless (although obviously not the best) for trash or aoe phases.

i was thinking about it, based off tool tips and napkin math you probably still want to stop using wild strike once there aren't at least 4 adds up.

the seer aoe pet could be useful for aoe phases where the adds aren't always where you're meleeing (dependent on tanks), like gelidra. as a melee you can stay on target on the tempest, but sick aoe pet to help kill the adds.

making a karuul for fae dispersion doesn't seem to work, if you summon the destroyer to simulate a ST phase then re summon the seer although the buff appears to be on it, the karuul no longer works. doing a kalert set=1 subset=1 doesn't seem to fix it, as it fixes other kalert issues. a /reloadui forces the buff to show in kalert but that is very dangerous during fights as it locks you up for a few seconds.

I made this macro to summon the aoe farie seer

#show Summon: Greater Faerie Seer
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast [notactive] Fae Dispersion
    cast Summon: Greater Faerie Seer

Switching between destroyer and seer it seems to work well. But I haven't used it in many circumstances to see where/if it might not work
    Last edited by Hodor; 08-13-2013 at 08:24 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast