+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: 2.3, Hotfix 13, 61 Inquisitor Video Guide

Default 2.3, Hotfix 13, 61 Inquisitor Video Guide

This build is still really awesome and viable as of the 6th of January 2014.

Link to video on youtube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6alBeZJ-YBg

Strengths:
    • Highest ranged DPS build currently in the game
    • Strong burst damage
    • Good target switching capabilities
    • Viable in all aspects of the Game (soloing, raiding, PvP, dungeons etc.)
    • Possesses both an interrupt and purge
    Weaknesses:
    • Slightly behind on damage in comparison to both Shaman/Druid
    • A bit more complex rotation-wise than Shaman and Druid
    Buffs
    • Armor of Awakening
    • Spiritual Scrutiny
    • Shroud of Agony
    • Rage Blight
    • Blighted Greed (applied to Defiler when possible– if no Defiler, apply to the tank taking the most regular hits)
    Single Target Priority List:
    1. Scourge
    2. Vex
    3. Sanction Heretic
    4. Instant Cast Bolt of Depravity
    5. Nysyrs Rebuke
    6. Bolt of Retribution ONLY if you have stacks of
    7. Bolt of Judgement
    8. (Not mentioned in the video) If you are facing away from the target for whatever reason - marrow harvest

AoE Priority List (3 or more targets):
    1. Soul Drain
    2. Circle of Oblivion
    3. Scourge

Single Target Rotation:
    The single target rotation is as simple as following the priority list above. The basic way to help this spec flow correctly is to ensure that you have all your damage over time abilities (Scourge, Vex, Sanction Heretic) on the target and then work on building 5 stacks of Life and Death Concord with Bolt of Retribution and Bolt of Judgement. As soon as you reach 5 stacks, you will want to cast a Bolt of Depravity.

So not factoring in cooldowns, your standard rotation would begin as such:

Scourge -> Vex -> Sanction Heretic -> 4x Bolt of Judgement -> Insta-cast Bolt of Depravity -> 2x Bolt of Retribution -> 3x Bolt of Judgement -> Insta-cast Bolt of Depravity ->

From then on it’s just as simple as following the priority list above. As a side note, usually after your first insta-cast Bolt of Depravity, your raid cooldowns are active so you will want to start the cooldown rotation as listed below.

Cooldowns:
    You want to make the most of Radical Coalescence, which expands your rotation a bit. If pulled off correctly, this will give you a huge boost to DPS.

Get Unified Theory -> (Fanaticism) Bolt of Depravity -> Nysyr’s Rebuke -> Bolt of Retribution -> Bolt of Depravity (assuming you finished Nysyr’s, that gave you 4 stacks) -> Radical Coalescence -> Fanaticism -> Bolt of Depravity -> Nysyr’s Rebuke -> Bolt of Retribution-> Bolt of Depravity

This looks complicated, but it’s only a few buttons really.

AoE rotation (3 or more targets):
    Soul Drain -> Circle of Oblivion -> 1-2x Scourge

You will notice your Soul Drain has a 10 second cooldown while Circle of Oblivion only has a 7 second channeled duration. This means there is a 1-2 second gap between using another Soul Drain after you’ve cast Circle of Oblivion. Use this time to quickly tab through and put a Scourge on the mobs with the highest health and then rinse and repeat the rotation.

Only macro worth using:
    #show Fanaticism
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast fanaticism
    cast bolt of depravity

Seatin you crazy foo Y U no Ahov guide?
    Ahov's 61 Inqui spec relies on keeping up and maintaining 3 stacks of Dark Water and is only a very minor dps increase (500-700). This is provided you never let the stacks drop and refresh dark water within the 1-3s of it falling off.

As your dps takes a bit of a hit initially getting this stacks up it makes it subpar to this build for any fights that last under a minute.

If the stacks drop off however or you are playing the build to safe and refreshing the stacks to often, your going to continually lose DPS.

Now realistically for most of the raiding fights in Storm Legion you are not going to have the opportunity to do this, let's just use Frozen Tempest and Endless Eclipse as an example of why you won't be able to keep stacks up or if you do it will result in either a dps loss or a danger to the raid.

61 Inqui/10 Cab/5 Defiler in raiding (Why it is usually not worth it):

Frozen Tempest
    • Gelidra: Add Phase, target switching, you will either let the stacks drop off or waste time and GCD's trying to keep them up on a 99% damage immune Gelidra.
    • Zaviel: Coduit Phase, you will either let the stacks drop off or waste time and GCD's trying to keep them up on a completley damage immune Zaviel
    • Twins: May be worthwhile provided your dps is perfectly balance, if however one is ahead, which is often the case, your either going to risk pushing one to far or loose your stacks target switching.
    • Crucia: Tons of short bursty add phases, need I say more?

Endless Eclipse
    • Prog: Bursty target switching Galore
    • Kain: Shorty bursty add phases, may be better for dps in the last phase
    • Matriach: If you can manage to keep the stacks up on Matriach while you are also burning the child, Ahov's spec may be better!
    • Goloch: Since it's a straight up nuke, this is one of the specs that 10 cab/5 defiler if played correctly will beat 15 defiler
    • Regulos: Target switching and platform phases galore.

So unless you have next level Ahov skills, this spec will usually trump 10 cab/5 defiler

So yea, that is my justification of why 15 defiler is better than 10 cab/5 defiler in raiding, please feel free to correct me on anything I may of gotten wrong, I am no cleric jesus after all!
    Last edited by Seatin; 01-06-2014 at 08:06 AM.
    #1 Hardcore Casual - Seatin - RIFT Livestreamer/YouTuber. Check out: www.twitch.tv/seatinmanoflegends and www.youtube.com/seatinmanoflegends

Soulwalker

That video was racist.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post

So yea, that is my justification of why 15 defiler is better than 10 cab/5 defiler in raiding, please feel free to correct me on anything I may of gotten wrong, I am no cleric jesus after all!
    I won't argue whether applying Dark Water is a waste or not, but as far as I know 10cab/5 defi was already used prior to the patch. I would think you could still use the spec and ignore DW if it's too difficult or not useful in certain situation. 10cab/5 defi still gives additional 15% damage (10% and 5% respectively). You get 10% wisdom from caba, so total of 20% instead of just 10%. You will also increase the damage of DoTs and Nysyr with Entropy (at least I believe it affected Nysyr as well) talent from Caba. There's surely a lot of math behind it, but to me it seems more beneficial with 10caba/5defi even without DW, than 15defi. The only thing I miss with 15 defi is the healing ability :P

Soulwalker

I won't argue whether applying Dark Water is a waste or not, but as far as I know 10cab/5 defi was already used prior to the patch. I would think you could still use the spec and ignore DW if it's too difficult or not useful in certain situation. 10cab/5 defi still gives additional 15% damage (10% and 5% respectively). You get 10% wisdom from caba, so total of 20% instead of just 10%. You will also increase the damage of DoTs and Nysyr with Entropy (at least I believe it affected Nysyr as well) talent from Caba. There's surely a lot of math behind it, but to me it seems more beneficial with 10caba/5defi even without DW, than 15defi. The only thing I miss with 15 defi is the healing ability :P
    Actually 15 defiler gives you 10% wisdom, 5% extra damage all the time, and 10% extra damage when above 90% health. Cab/Defiler gives you 20% extra wisdom, and 10% damage on your damage over time spells. The highest DPS inquisitor build before the changes was 61 Inquisitor, 15 Defiler. Right now, I'm inclined to agree with Seatin that it is still the highest DPS build as long as you maintain your priorities and there is target switching which means that you will have to allow your DW stacks to fall off.

Rift Chaser

According to all of my parses, the 10 cab 5 defiler spec STILL does more dps WITHOUT dark water, due to the 10% increased damage on all dots and delayed dmg (also applies to nysyrs).

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by THEFUNKBOT View Post
    According to all of my parses, the 10 cab 5 defiler spec STILL does more dps WITHOUT dark water, due to the 10% increased damage on all dots and delayed dmg (also applies to nysyrs).
    Here are some numbers for my average parses, self buffed on a dummy:

61 inq / 15 def : 13.5k

61 inq / 10 cab / 5 def (No Dark Water): 13.8k

61 inq / 10 cab / 5 def (With Dark Water): 14.4k

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Grimfan View Post
    Actually 15 defiler gives you 10% wisdom, 5% extra damage all the time, and 10% extra damage when above 90% health.
    And what would your DPS loss be like compared to caba/defi if your health is not above 90%? I wouldn't want to rely on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lux Domina View Post
    And what would your DPS loss be like compared to caba/defi if your health is not above 90%? I wouldn't want to rely on it.
    With the way that healing works in RIFT, In dungeons and raids if your not topped off the majority of the time, you need to find new healers.

Quote Originally Posted by THEFUNKBOT
    I'm still getting higher results with this spec than 10 cab/5 defiler, do you mind posting actual parsers instead of numbers that it looks like you just made up?
    #1 Hardcore Casual - Seatin - RIFT Livestreamer/YouTuber. Check out: www.twitch.tv/seatinmanoflegends and www.youtube.com/seatinmanoflegends

Ascendant

Zaviel conducer phase is possibly the worst example you could use for 61/15. Minimal uptime on peak of form. (virtually nonexistent)
    Last edited by Ahov; 08-04-2013 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Zaviel conducer phase is possibly the worst example you could use for 61/15. Minimal uptime on peak of form. (virtually nonexistent)
    I used a lot more examples than that, I'm a bit disappointed that you didn't have a more indepth reply explaining why I suck, I was really looking forward to being shot down and going "Oh yeah, I'm an idiot, thanks Ahov!"

I guess the saying goes you should never meet your idols :/

Been looking for a good video guide for Inqui, you planning on doing anything on Shaman, saw some guy pulling some 25k+ numbers in another thread, need to get on that!

Is there really that minor dps gain compared to ahov guide? (I heard some people were saying numbers like 1-3k dps). Because if it's minor - then it really don't need to go with headache using over9000 dots especially if there a lot of switching going on. Can't really test it for myself because i'm leveling atm :P Just looking for a build to use when i hit 60. So after reading some guides i believe this is the best? Or am I wrong and the dps difference is really high ?

And one more question about defiler soul tree - is 5% damage actually better than 10% wisdom?

Quote Originally Posted by Feriath View Post
    Is there really that minor dps gain compared to ahov guide? (I heard some people were saying numbers like 1-3k dps). Because if it's minor - then it really don't need to go with headache using over9000 dots especially if there a lot of switching going on. Can't really test it for myself because i'm leveling atm :P Just looking for a build to use when i hit 60. So after reading some guides i believe this is the best? Or am I wrong and the dps difference is really high ?
    Been testing it quite a bit in raids actually,with the changes to Puri meaning we don't have constant shields up, I've come up with a new variant for fights with high raid damage (Meaning your not regularly above 90%) which is slightly different to my current one, this build is 61 Inqui/10 Defiler/5 Cabalist, it seems to be parsing ever so slightly higher (I'm talking like a couple of hundred dps) than 61 Inqui/10 Cab/5 defiler without dark water.

Dark Water in my honest opinion is still not worth it, espcially with most of the bosses coming in 2.4, It looks like Target Switching Galore.

Can you give link to your current spec? And what spec is more viable for 5man experts dungeons ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast