+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Holy Fire Shaman Build Excellent for Farming "Revised

Default Holy Fire Shaman Build Excellent for Farming "Revised

Holy Fire Shaman Vid/Examples
    Calc Link

Updated 8/10/2013

This is a repost because I can't fix the original posts. Because emo kids got it closed. But whatever, I was asked to do it over again by community members. Because a few things happen. I found a better use for some points. After using the build for a couple of weeks. Being super successful with it I found over healing. So that just means I got to have more fun in use of points. But I'll get to that later.
    ================================================== ======================
    The Build

This is the Holy Fire Shaman Build and guide to understanding why I made it. It's 61sham/8Puri/7Justicar which comes with a lot of synergy. At first this was my melee farm build. But a funny thing happen while playing it. As you can see in the solo Queens Gambit run. I made elites look like they were lvl 10 mobs. And it's actually fun to do rather then using my range counterpart.

Now the reason for this build is I dislike druids. And I like even less relying on a pet to heal me. They work fine in dungeons wtc for support. But I just don't like them anywhere else. So that leaves me with shaman. A melee dps powerhouse with little to no defenses. Well until I came up with this.
    61 Shaman

Your taking it all the way here. I won't explain 61 points because it's pretty straight forward. And too many guides already cover it all over the net. But after some thought I will touch on a few things. You must remember that Shaman is the main part of this build. And the healing that comes from this build. Is very much reliant on you actually attacking. You have the Purifiers spam heal but that really is a secondary source of healing. The main source of healing is salvation and shamans melee healing buff. Combined together provide a huge source of sustained healing. You put that together with glacial shield and Symbol of Torch. Boom you got yourself some nice paladinish play. And your Shaman isn't quite so squishy now oh noez
    8 Purifier

I went 8 Purifier to go after a few things. Healing flare is a fast cheap spammable heal. But put that together with, Caregiver's Blessing and Sign of Wrath. You have a fast cheap heal that does more for a farming melee. Now not only does it spam heal for cheap. When something hits me they get fire to the mouth. From the nifty Sign of Wrath. And a annoying mini shield i can spam from CB. Very nice melee defensive synergy for only 8 points. Now don't forget Symbol of Torch and Glacial Shield. For a nice total of 3 shields on command you can stack to close of half health.

No it's not OP but the fact it's all quick CD's makes grinding farming more fun. Also something melee have rarely a spammable heal. That for me crits 2100k as I get stronger will just get better. Now another bonus to me which helps offset the lose of power going into the heal tree. You get wisdom of the ages no it doesn't make up for the 15% of a damage tree. But it does soften that lose a bit.

With a little more crit along with the spell power. Also because in most raid builds. You don't get to double dip into wisdom. In this build you do which means as you get stronger. You come really close to raid power in a farm build. I'll keep you posted on if you can actually catch it. For right now I'll certainly gaining on the 61/10/5 every piece of gear upgrade I get. I'm guessing by the time I have relic gear. The difference won't even be worth mentioning.
    ================================================== =====================
    7 Justicar

Ok for the reason I went 7 into Justicar. I just wanted the wisdom and Stronghold. Wisdom of course to stack with the wisdom from Purifier. Which makes you end up with 20% wisdom modifier. Which also means as you get better gear with better wisdom as I said earlier. Also stronghold adds endurance for more health. Using 7 points into Justicar also gives you:

3.5 damage
    7% More Armor
    14% More Resistance
    10.5% Endurance
    All very good for a melee fighter. And since doing this sacrificed dps souls and 15% damage. Getting back 3.5 plus the fact your gear is wisdom scaling. When it wouldn't have in most melee specs. Synergy gotta love it.

It's way more fun everything works together. You can even use Bolt of Radiance as a spam starting to the Shamans range spam. BOR hit harder with a CD and heals for a bit. Found it useful in pvp tonight chasing people when my health was suspect so much lawls. Because guys aren't used to me in melee, too much fun changing it up . Now isn't fun the point of playing a game anyway?
    ================================================== ====================
    Buffs A Ton

You got A Lot of buffs in this build:

Sign of Wrath= When pulling Multiple mobs self cast your heal watch those numbers fly. Combine it with Glacial Shield for a double damage reflect. Try it in a GHV and watch people be like wtf did you just do lol?

Heart of the Frozen Sea= Resistance Buff

Furious Assault= Shaman AttackSpeed Buff

Caregivers Blessing= Purifer Shield Buff

Glory of the Chosen= Shaman Attack Heal Buff

Courage of the Panther= Shaman Damage Armor Pen Buff

Wisdom of the Ages= 70 Wisdom Buff

Try to earn Flaring Sigil from Planar Attunement asap. Or whatever buff you see fit from PA.
    ================================================== ==============
    Macros

I don't use many macros. I like to do things myself but I do have one I use. Just for spamming nothing more.

#show Massive Bow
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Glacial Strike
    cast Massive Blow
    cast Jolt
    cast Frozen Wrath
    cast Icy Blow
    cast Bolt of Radiance
    cast Ekkehard's Grasp

I hit "Rush of Strength", "Lightning Hammer" outside of the macro. And both Glacial Shield and Symbol of Torch when I need them rather then whenever it's up. If you want ultimate lazy man status add Glacial and Symbol to the macro. This is will also make you damn near unkillable if you replace Icy blow with Strike of Judgement. When you become high level all that becomes over kill. And I just want things to die. So I lean more towards dps/survival.

Something to note Bolt of Radiance and Ekkehard's Grasp. Will fire when you are out of melee range. BoR hits harder and salvation heals for more then Ekkehard. So take advantage of two nice ranged attacks. When that almost bound to happen disconnect situation finds you.
    ================================================== ==============
    Conclusion

I now use this build a long side my range build. For everything except raiding no reason to have self healing in raiding. Unless you have bad healers...Then that's just another issue.
    You can take on anything in the world including event bosses. Tank them if you really wanted to or just stuck. Because the damage and healing aggro will make them stay on you. Unless someone taunts it off you.

To wrap it up standard 61 point shaman macro's apply. Don't use any of Puri or Just in them. Unless of course you throw Bolt of Radiance in your range macro. Because it's a stronger opening hit. That heals as well nothing but win there.

I can also say now that I have almost all lvl 60 epic gear. As some of you pointed out in videos. I manage to be top dps alot. And in AOE situations pulling 20,000-30,000 dps. Which is mainly because of the wisdom scaling starting to catch up now. My planar attunement is almost filled and gear becoming nice. The healing is scaling up as well. It's becoming don't even look at the screen kill everything. So for now we in a excellent spot with this build. I'll just wait on changed and respond to questions. And turn my attention to Holy Paladin and Lawbringer.

================================================== =====================
    Making Hybrids In Line For Dps

While yes this build isn't the highest dps. Things could be done to encourage builds like this and others to be in line.
    Make something a long the lines of certain trees augment full 61 point trees.

Let's take holy fire as an example. Keep the 61 point Shaman as is. But have certain choices effect it's damage. So because I chose Purifier. Make all of my attacks now have a fire damage dot added to it. On top of the damage I already have. Because I chose justicar which symbol is holy strength. Make it so I can have a damage buff that goes off or I can control to go off? See where I'm going with this? I'll make more examples of how this can work.

Let's take Druid since it's a pet class. How about having a spell called "Echoes of the Fae" Which adds a shadow pet that comes to help damage and leaves.

We can do this for other damage trees too like Inquisitor. Have Inq cause a chance effect on shaman melee hits to drop a circle of oblivion around you for a few seconds.

Same can be said for Cabalist. Make shaman attacks have a chance to spread a cab aoe dot. This dot constantly applied

Warden could be used as a debuff. Have it so you drain fluid from a target making it frail. Which makes you take more damage from attacks.

I'll stop there you guys get the meaning by now. Also want to add it could be a set percent by picking a tree these things all do. And the more points you put it the more the effect is augmented. Which could bring in line a lot of hybrids. And opens up a lot of new builds for fun.
    Last edited by Silentstorm; 01-07-2016 at 04:41 AM.

Recently came back to Rift, and decided to shelve the Cleric cause I couldn't find any build that was "fun" to play. I don't care to be the top DPS, I want to have fun playing a game

Saw this build, and the other thread that got locked. Watched the lifestream vids you posted, this build is exactly what i'm looking for. My Cleric is 50 still, but even with the old world gear and only able to go 51 shaman.. this build is great so far and It can only get better towards 60.

You said in one of the videos that this build wasn't made to be top DPS, but to be FUN. It is just that. I have been sitting in my dimension with training dummies going through multiple builds, this build doesn't do the highest DPS.. more mid range DPS of all the builds. But the fun and survivability aspect of it.. blows the rest away. I don't mind pet builds, and yes the Druid build does do more DPS… but this build is more fun.

I don't raid anymore, I may have 2-3 hours a week to play a game, so when I do play, I want to have fun above all else. I have a fun build for Rogue, Mage, and now Cleric.
    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    You can't nerf a good player. A good player will always find a way to out-smart players that aren't as good.

I'm glad you like it and have fun with it. I did the livestreams because of all annoyng elitist to shut them up. Now they have nowhere to run or hide. Can't say it doesn't work or doesn't do what I claimed. Because I did it live in front of a whole server. I knew I wasn't going to completely make up for a dps soul. But then again we were making a dps build

It's a survival build you don't want to kill yourself playing lol...I'll never go into a raid with it. But I'm outdpsing GHV and expert dungeon people with it constantly. I don't know if that's funny or sad at this point lol....You see me doing that in my hanging at 60's video in general. Although I'm a bit worried what they are going to do with purifier. We will see for now I'm just going to roll with it.

Currently running around trying this build. It's a lot of fun thanks for sharing.

Thank you so much!

I came back to play since playing at launch, been around for about a month now. I enjoy tanking in dungeons but needed a leveling spec badly. Leveling before SL can be done in pretty much anything, I felt it was like one long tutorial. But after hitting SL, I really needed a solid spec for my cleric that I could efficiently quest and survive, with the least amount of downtime.

I tried many of the other guides and settled on a defiler spec, but it never felt right or efficient for leveling. Most of them are either end game dungeon builds (which as mentioned before I prefer to tank) or for end game farming. Also, tried out other shaman builds and they just never felt... well, like they were very much fun.

*Note* I most likely did not play most of these specs to their full potential, they just did not fit my enjoyment.

So, I finally found this guide and I am absolutely in love! This has all the survivability, no downtime, and the mobs die so fast! Thank you so much for posting this, this is exactly what I wanted for soloing!

P.S. Sorry for the wall of text, just wanted to express my gratitude for this. Keep on thinking outside the box and building such great guides!

How does this compare to the just seer?
    Infanta
    Hello Kitty
    60 rogue, mage, cleric and working on a worrior

Soulwalker

I just came back to Rift after some time off and was just bored to tears with all the cleric builds. I found your's yesterday and I am having a blast with it.
    Most of my play has been solo so far but do play with my girlfriend. She heals so I will just be able to do what I enjoy doing. Killing **** and breaking things. Nice to have instant casts there if needed though.
    Please post any updates or changes. I am more than willing to try them. Great job!!!!.

Soulwalker

How does this stack up vs. Druidicar?

Druidicar has more HPS but it's kinda overkill and boring. The new Druidicar whenever that goes live will be better. And Holy Fire might take a hit if they alter Purifier too much.

But if you like zero downtime and not dealing with a pet. This one is for you.

Can you include a link to the macros you use if any, or priorities?

Thanks
    Infanta
    Hello Kitty

For Normal Physical Spamming

#show Massive Blow
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Rage of the North
    cast Massive Blow
    cast Crushing Blow
    cast Frozen Wrath
    cast Bolt of Radiance
    cast Ekkehard's Grasp

Jolt
    Rush of Strength
    Etc I do manually, but if you are lazy sometimes like me grinding. And you want one button set it and forget it. And kill everything anyway like you were trying lol?
    ================================================== =====
    #show Massive Blow
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Rage of the North
    cast Massive Blow
    cast Crushing Blow
    cast Frozen Wrath
    cast Jolt
    cast Bolt of Radiance
    cast Ekkehard's Grasp

This is the lazy one you seen in the videos. Low down time cut some music on and grind.

The first macro I use for when I'm paying attention to properly proc. Which is rare because I don't use this to raid or dungeon. I haven't scaled enough to even consider it maybe never will. But this is what I use to run around, and now to be annoying in pvp. Because I can kill people pretty easy like this. I'm catching up and gaining gear fast can't wait to see how relic gear augments all of this stuff.

Sorry it took so long to respond

NP and thanks, I have nothing against lazy macros that sacrifice 10-20% effectiveness just for useability. For raiding etc it would be different and id spread it out

I am levelling my druid its 52 at the moment, i tried the spec and hit a mob and died and i was like, what did I do... before realizing it was a hellbug rift which I couldn't kill in another spec (it was + few levels). After that, seems cool.
    Infanta
    Hello Kitty

Rift Disciple

Just wanted to add thanks too.
    I'm just another "I've been gone and came back..." and I totally agree with the others: this spec is a lot of fun. Even in WFs! I was STOMPING pretty much anything in the <20 bracket.

The short version:
    I just started trying this spec out last night and at VERY LOW levels, I'm enjoying having swapped your 8 Purifier for 8 Defiler. I may even go farther in Defiler if I can... I may be mistaken but the main point of Justi is gained with your first 4 points, isn't it?

The details:
    I have this horrible debilitation - I cannot just pick up a spec at 50 and play it. I do MUCH better if I start it from scratch on a new character. Just helps me learn the rotations better so I can tweak the spec myself.
    This one's a fun one no matter where I'm playing.

OP:
    I'm curious what your opinions are on Defiler vs. Puri. Whether or not you've tried it and if maybe you ran into reasons later on that you didn't like it.

Soulwalker

Since coming back to Rift my wife has tried about every solo/leveling spec on the forum and hasn't been really happy with any, they either stay alive and kill too slow or kill fast and die to often.
    I saw SS had this one up and suggested she try it, if it's anything like his GW2 Guardians it may be pretty versatile for soloing. At level 55 she likes it, and that says alot

@High

Mainly because Defiler synching with shaman is pretty low. Outside of augmenting damage the single heal which has no synergy. It basically just heals and you can't really do anything to augment it. Unlike Healing Flare which you can get a shield and reflect damage. On top of healing so you have the usual 2k heal plus the shield. So it's more effective survival in very few points. Not to mention the augment to healing and asorbtion is higher then Defiler.

Rage Blight is fine but you really don't suffer from lack of dps killing things. And if you go high enough to get the clense at 12 points. You really don't have enough points to address survival lacking of shaman. Also I never go beyond 8 points in purifier no need. I do want the 10% wisdom of Justicar, and with 2 points left might as well get more health. But the final 2 points are whatever points to be honest.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast