Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Rift: Holy Fire Shaman Cleric Build

Default Rift: Holy Fire Shaman Cleric Build

Holy Fire Shaman Vid/Examples
    Calc Link

Another day another build for the peeps. This one is one of my favorites to just horse around with. I call it my Holy Fire Shaman build. It's 61sham/8Puri/7Justicar which comes with a lot of synergy. Now I'll say again yea I know it's not top dps. And I don't care it's a for fun farming build. You can use it for whatever including dungeons and pvp. I wouldn't suggest it unless you just want to do something different.

Now the reason for this build is I dislike druids. And I like even less relying on a pet to heal me. They work fine in dungeons wtc for support. But I just don't like them anywhere else. So that leaves me with shaman. A melee dps powerhouse with little to no defenses. Well until I came up with this.

I went 8 Purifier to go after a few things. Healing flare is a fast cheap spammable heal. But put that together with, Caregiver's Blessing and Sign of Wrath. You have a fast cheap heal that does more for a farming melee. Now not only does it spam heal for cheap. When something hits me they get fire to the mouth. From the nifty Sign of Wrath. And a annoying mini shield i can spam from CB. Very nice melee defensive synergy for only 8 points. Now don't forget Symbol of Torch and Glacial Shield. For a nice total of 3 shields on command you can stack to close of half health.

No it's not OP but the fact it's all quick CD's makes grinding farming more fun. Also something melee have rarely a spammable heal. That for me crits 2100k as I get stronger will just get better. Now another bonus to me which helps offset the lose of power going into the heal tree. You get wisdom of the ages no it doesn't make up for the 15% of a damage tree. But it does soften that lose a bit. With a little more crit along with the spell power.

Ok for the reason I went 7 into Justicar. I just wanted the wisdom and Light's Devotion. So Salvation do a better job. Combined with Glory of the Chosen. Which both works well with the 61 point skill toggled. More you attack and faster you attack the more you heal. Combined with the purifier fun. Makes one sturdy fun Shaman to run around with. You won't be the highest dps at the ball. And I'll take slightly lowered dps for a fun Shaman. Compaired to the incredibly boring Druid's every ones sick of now. Plus not many builds you end up with 8 buffs.

It's way more fun everything works together. You can even use Light's Devotion as a spam starting to the Shamans range spam. LD hit harder with a CD and heals for a bit. That gives you convictions you can use on hammer spam too. Which also heals more because it's a life spell. Found it useful in pvp tonight chasing people when my health was suspect so much lawls. Because guys aren't used to me in melee, too much fun changing it up . Now isn't fun the point of playing a game anyway?

To wrap it up standard 61 point shaman macro's apply. Don't use any of Puri or Just in them. Unless of course you throw Light's Devotion in your range macro. Because it's a stronger opening hit. That heals as well nothing but win there.

Ascendant

This isn't a guide it's a soul build with a back story.

This is why guide forums should be locked to new threads and only mods should move 'guides' to here.

Just a suggestion but, maybe you should post these in Cleric Discussion as its not really a guide. Maybe you should state as much in the post too, would result in less flames probably lol.

Don't worry i'm not going to knock it, after all its a game, and if you're having fun then its win. That said, you wouldn't really use this (or the other one, to be honest) for anything other than messing around or RP.

Videos more the guide. I used the post to explain why I did it. It works both ways vice versa. And instead of giving repeat information you could find else where anyway. I got to the point and explained the build. Also explained what each tree did as well as the weakness of shaman. And what I did to fix or address that said tree. What I left out is numbers because you can see that for yourself in the video.

As far as people not really using it hmm.....You may want to check You tube, Reddit, MMOsite, MMORPG.Com and Rift Junkies. Because each place easily has many people saying they are going to or already using it. Everywhere it's posted love and omg it's so fun and powerful. Not every guide needs to be packed with numbers. The purpose of a guide is to teach. That's exactly what the post does. I just left out redundant information, and talked to the reader as a human not a machine.

Soooooo
    Someone makes a 61 point glass cannon soul, not a glass cannon....
    And manages to make strong synergy for the next two souls.....
    With the original 61 point soul, thus making it all look like they belong together...

Person then explains the reason behind it and makes a video guide....
    But this isn't a guide post?......Sigh@ some peoples kids.

So you must rather some macros and build link and a here try it...............Because that's kinda what everyone else did. Which is even less of a guide (Ahov excluded)

Also I took the liberty to count how many players said they liked/will use this.
    Between Reddit, You Tube, MMOsite, and Junkies is 41 people alone....In less then 10 hours of the post. You guys shouldn't always assume you know the public. That will lead to embarrassing failure.
    Last edited by Madamefate; 07-06-2013 at 08:09 AM.

Please guys, don't lets blow too much smoke up the backside of this build. To say it has good synergy it to mislead other players.

So you get some wizdom and a shield from purifier, well you get both of those things from druid as well, plus a 25% increase to your damage output, now tell me which one has good synergy?

And why would you waste GCD's on healing flame when you could just heal yourself with strike of judgment/bolt of retribution.

A much much stronger both offensively and defensively is 61/10 druid/5 justicar, so to recommend this thing you've made up is just to miss-lead people into playing a weaker version of a good solo grinder's shaman spec.

Healing yourself with strike of judgment is more fun than using GCD's for healing flame, doing 25%+ more damage is more fun than doing weak damage.

Please don't bother to reply if all your gonna say is. 'but lots of people like it', that just means that lots of new or returning players don't know any better and your not doing them any favours with these badly designed specs.
    Ambi - Cleric - Apotheosys.

Shadowlander

At least he didn't skip on 61-point talent just to get some crappy talent in another tree for RP reasons. So it's improving

And for all the people defending him by argiuing that his popularity means his stuff is good, I can't wait for the day that Justin Bieber starts posting some 30 shaman/28 sentinel/18 cabalist builds and it's automatically the best thing ever made...

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Madamefate View Post
    Person then explains the reason behind it and makes a video guide....
    But this isn't a guide post?......Sigh@ some peoples kids.

So you must rather some macros and build link and a here try it...............Because that's kinda what everyone else did. Which is even less of a guide (Ahov excluded)
    The only person here acting like a kid here is you. I don't consider a build and a macro as a 'guide' either. You mention Ahov and that's what should be the gold standard of a guide and some so called guides are no where near close. Most so-called guides are just 'this is the build I can up with while drunk, lol'.

It doesn't matter how many likes he's got because people will like anything and just because it's popular doesn't mean it's good.

The guide forums should be somewhere new players get informed advice for their class in a proper manor and not some ridiculous sounding build with a build tree and tacked on you tube video. There are some quality guides on these forums and they are buried by garbage like this. This is why I suggested that 'guides' only be moved by a mod once it's had scrutiny by the community for it's usefulness. Deleting old patch guides too.

@Usman You can use Strike of Judgement in this build too. But again redundant information no reason to mention it. Also again it's concensus people are bored with Druid.

@GelidraWtf It's preference like he said the game is designed for you to choose. Not have elitist tell what they think you should play.

@caitie It's really simple if you don't like it don't read it. But just because you think it's not good doesn't make it not good. It's like you have the audacity to think your opinion outweighs everyone else. I think a lot of you need a reality check on that.
    Last edited by Madamefate; 07-06-2013 at 09:16 AM.

Shadowlander

@GelidraWtf It's preference like he said the game is designed for you to choose. Not have elitist tell what they think you should play.
    Truth is elitist? Everyone is free to play whatever they want, but you can't just come, post guides based on crappy builds and expect people to agree with you. All his builds are objectively strictly inferior to existing builds.

And if you don't want some elitist tell you what to play, why would you let some youtube-attention-whoring-snowflake choose for you?

For the record I want new players to learn they have a choice. Learn how to make builds and show creativity. Learn how to use everything in the game and have fun doing it. Not just the easy mindless following the masses builds. What is this the illuminati? It shocks me people actually think they matter over any one else. Like screw what these guys think I'm right because I'm me. Really? I mean really that's what you're going with huh.

@GelidraWtf Notice I said choice every post. I imagine reading comprehension isn't your strong point huh. I even gave examples of higher dps again giving choice. Or is the problem here you are just mad. Either way you're not stopping anything. Only making yourself look bad. You got a lot of people watch this plainly ignoring you guys.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Silentstorm View Post
    For the record I want new players to learn they have a choice.
    If you want to teach them that they can select random secondary souls, place talents randomly in those and still feel able to kill stuff, then you're doing a good job.

You're putting 2 points into "Life's Devotion" (which only works on justicar abilities) in a build that won't use any justicar abilities and even say yourself to not use those justicar abilities

That's easy and I said the reason why I went 7. Because I still use the Justicar skills when needed. Bolt of Radiance is stronger then Ekkehard's Grasp. So in a range spam macro it will be first, used whenever off CD. It's basically a nice hit and free heal on the run. Strike of judgement can be used in Ghunt spam when you beast pull. Being that it scales with Holy Champ it's kind of fun running around flat lined.

Plus I would use any of the other lvl 2 stuff anyway. Doctrine of bliss is lame Moment of Truth needs more skills to be of use. Being that you're not going that far it's out. And reperation why even do that if you don't have 5 points. So LD it is because you get the most use out of it. Being that you still use 2 of the skills. Hammer of Duty is weak but can be used on the run too as a weak heal. Things like this mean a lot in a close fight. When it's better to attack and heal. it's also a excellent pressure move.

Like Geyser is because when you see someone running at you casting. Most guys back up or go defensive. Usually not knowing the person is healing themselves while pressuring you. In most cases you win already from the mental stand point. Little things like that make someone deadly. Let's look at the flip side of that with a different skill. Say a dot or spam attack

Let's say you have dot's on you or taking aoe damage. You do that same method you might be half health. Which may make that person think I can burst him. And stand their ground which means you might be screwed if you can't kill him before you die. Things I think about way before, I even come out here saying here look.

To get a pressure heal move as a melee is lovely. Because you can't always be in range to melee. And to even have shaman be sturdy in pvp or anywhere. Is why I use this it's just plain fun. Sorry you can't see that it's all good.
    Last edited by Silentstorm; 07-06-2013 at 10:47 AM.

Hmm well since you asked why?

Guild Wars 2 Official Tester and Editor
    Rift Junkies Editor/Poster
    MMOSite Editor/Poster
    MMORPG.com Official Poster
    MMOBomb Official Poster
    Fullscreen Arcade Premier Channel
    Ign Editor/Poster
    Guild Wars 2 Guru Blog/Video Provider
    DC Universe Official Tester Poster
    Scarlet Blade Official Tester
    Warframe Tester/Video Series...
    We won't even go into reddit.....that take forever.
    You Tube MMO Provider Half a million views 10,000 likes.

Yea why would I listen to him over you? I must be crazy to follow the guys industry.......Who aren't stuck up and talk to normal people. I mean omg heaven forbid you follow people like that.

Also I took the liberty to count how many players said they liked/will use this.
    Between Reddit, You Tube, MMOsite, and Junkies is 41 people alone....In less then 10 hours of the post. You guys shouldn't always assume you know the public. That will lead to embarrassing failure.
    When you spam the same exact thing over multiple resources, of course you'll receive a lot of views.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast