+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Storm Legion Solo Leveling: Druid/Justicar

Default Storm Legion Solo Leveling: Druid/Justicar

I've described this build in a few threads but it really doesn't have a centralized guide so I decided to put one together. This build's strength is leveling solo particularly in the 50-60 range; for max-level grinding or groups, Defiler hybrids are generally better suited to the task, though this build will do fine as well, with a small modification for group support. At max level with sufficient gear, a full DPS druid build (61 druid/10 sham/5 inq) will also work for soloing invasions as the faerie or tank pet's AoE abilities will do enough healing to keep you and your pet up.

Build

Level 10: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#re/D9jg/n
    Level 20: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#rp2w/D9ig/n
    Level 30: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#rka4c/Dvai0E/n
    Level 40: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#rka4c/DkFbwk4E4/n
    Level 50: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#rka4c/DkFa4EkEl8/n
    Level 60: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#rka4c/DkFaakal5i/n8s

Buffs: Fury of the Fae, Aid of the Forest, and Spirit of Asphodel (ST) or Spirit of Upheaval (AoE) when available. Armor of Devotion from 2-pt Inquisitor. Righteous Mandate on the tank or your pet when available.

For soloing, use the Satyr Protector (and Greater Satyr Protector, when available). You can also use the Faerie Seer or Faerie Healer as described below, but this means you will be taking the damage yourself, which is fine on single or small groups of lower level enemies. Put your Righteous Mandate on whichever pet you use.

For group support, use this build:
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#r8G4c/DkFaakal5i/n8s

The group support build is essentially the same, but with points switched from Endurance to Reparation so your Salvation will heal 5 party members. Use the Greater Faerie Seer for trash groups (toggle on Fae Disperson), the Satyr Destroyer with Spirit of Asphodel for boss fights, and the Faerie Healer/Greater Faerie Healer for any fights when you need extra healing -- you can toggle Fae Disperson to make the Greater version focus on tank or group heals. Remember you can switch pets at any time with a 2-second cast. Also, put your Righteous Mandate on the tank.

Ability Bar

While leveling, leave out any abilities you don't have yet.

ST Spam:
    Code:
    #show Essence Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Essence Strike
    cast Resounding Blow
    cast Combined Effort
    cast Sanction Heretic
    cast Bolt of Radiance
    cast Strike of Judgment
    cast Trickster's Bolt
    cast Crushing Force
    cast Shield of Oak
    Note: Crushing Force is normally used separately, it is only in the macro for disconnects. Shield of Oak is off GCD so it will be used between attacks whenever it's up.

ST Higher Healing:
    Code:
    #show Bolt of Radiance
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Essence Strike
    cast Bolt of Radiance
    cast Strike of Judgment
    cast Trickster's Bolt
    cast Crushing Force
    cast Shield of Oak
    This macro uses primarily Justicar abilities resulting in higher healing of yourself and your pet through Salvation, however it will result in lower damage. Only use it for extended ST encounters where you or your pet takes a lot of damage.

Separate on your bar:
    Thorns of Ire
    Eruption of Life
    Crushing Force
    Vex
    Even Justice
    Fae Step
    Hidden Path
    Strength of the Fae
    Grim Silence
    Notion Theft (interrupt)

Using the Build

Single Target

Against a single enemy while solo your Satyr can easily hold threat. You also have many single-target effects to help take down more powerful enemies.

First, always make sure your Satyr Protector's AoE damage ability (Satyr Sweep) is deactivated when engaging a single target. He will spam it if it is activated, and it does much less damage to a single target. You can activate or deactivate it by right-clicking it on the pet ability bar.

In a group with a tank, use the Satyr Destroyer or Faerie Seer instead, and use Spirit of Asphodel if you have it.

The basic priority is as follows:
    Thorns of Ire -> Eruption of Life -> Crushing Force -> Vex -> Fae Step into melee -> spam macro

In a shorter encounter, don't bother applying Crushing Force and Vex as they won't have time to tick the full 15 seconds, you will kill weaker enemies faster by just applying Eruption of Life and then single-target attacks.

In a longer encounter, maintain the Crushing Force and Vex DoTs when they drop, and refresh Thorns of Ire before it drops. With Essence Strike as the first ability in your macro, Life Surge should never fall off the target, but if it does make sure you refresh it immediately with Eruption of Life.

Before teleporting in, casting Eruption of Life gives your pet a GCD to port in and take aggro. If that is not enough time you may want to cast a Sanction Heretic or Bolt of Radiance to give it an extra GCD. Your abilities and especially Bolt of Radiance/Strike of Judgment will help heal your pet with Righteous Mandate applied.

In group situations, if there is a Bard, Archon or Beastmaster present they have a similar debuff that does not stack with Thorns of Ire, so make sure not to use it if there is one.

AoE

This is where the build really shines. First, make sure your Satyr Protector's Satyr Sweep is activated because this is your primary source of AoE damage. By itself it doesn't do much, but it hits 10 targets and procs Spirit of Upheaval on each target. This means Spirit of Upheaval will hit 50 times if there's 10 targets, every GCD (which is every second once you pick up Celerity).

In a group use the Faerie Seer, and activate Fae Dispersion. The Seer's abilities will have the same effect with Spirit of Upheaval, though they will max out at 5 targets instead of 10.

Start off by sending your pet in (you can use a petattack macro or keybind the "Attack" ability on the pet bar, or hit an enemy with a ranged DoT), then the rotation is simple: Even Justice. It will hit up to 10 enemies near you and proc an improved Salvation heal for each enemy it hits. This combined with Aid of the Forest will keep your Satyr Protector alive through even the most massive invasions. It is also effective support healing in groups, especially combined with the Faerie Healer.

If you don't need the constant healing from Even Justice you can throw in a Resounding Blow to increase the damage of your next Even Justice by 50% (it will not affect the healing however).

In any situation, remember you can use Strength of the Fae to give yourself (and your pet) basically 10 seconds of invincibility, and you can fully cleanse yourself and your pet with Hidden Path.

That's all there is to it. Enjoy, and please control your pets!
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 06-06-2014 at 11:19 AM. Reason: updated for salvation changes

Soulwalker

Very nice build but i cant seem to get cast Crushing Force working in the macro , just doesnt cast it >_<
    ?

Grts

Soulwalker

A few things:

You mention Spirit of Asphodel for groups, but you don't go far enough into Druid to get it.

Have you considered 44 druid/16 icar/16 inq?
    Level 50: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#rka4c/DkF4kE8wF0/n8o
    Level 60: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#r...kF4kE8wF0/n8iw

Vex is significantly stronger than Crushing Force, and you get 10% spellpower, 5% damage, Shroud of Agony, Sanction (about twice as strong as Strike of Judgment in my experience), Purge, Armor of Devotion, and Harsh Discipline.

Soulwalker

Thanks for posting this, I've been levelling with a Druidicar build and enjoying it a whole lot more than the Silenus thing that the game gives you.

One question -- for AoE you say Satyr Destroyer, but I assume you mean Satyr Protector, since there is no point put into the Destroyer in this build.

Soulwalker

Just wanting to point out how you say to use the Satyr Destroyer when in groups but you don't even put a point into it.

I'm also running something close to this build but only 44 points into druid for my leveling build. I'm at 58 now so the last 2 points in shaman have yet to be spent.

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#r...y8ixh2F0/l8gC0

I'm using Strike of Judgment for my ST macro and then Even Justice for AoE.

#show Strike of Judgment
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Combined Effort
    cast Bolt of Radiance
    cast Massive Blow
    cast Strike of Judgment
    cast Ekkehard's Grasp
    petattack

You get to use more Hammer of Duty this way and with crit's giving 2 convictions even more often. I don't use the Satyr Destroyer at all as you can see. When needing dps in instances I just use the Seer and switch between Fae Dispersion depending on trash pulls or bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuthal View Post
    Very nice build but i cant seem to get cast Crushing Force working in the macro , just doesnt cast it >_<
    ?

Grts
    Crushing Force is not available until 48 pts in Druid. It also is only in the macro for filler from range, it's not meant to be used normally from the macro.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnuendo View Post
    A few things:

You mention Spirit of Asphodel for groups, but you don't go far enough into Druid to get it.

Have you considered 44 druid/16 icar/16 inq?
    Level 50: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#rka4c/DkF4kE8wF0/n8o
    Level 60: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#r...kF4kE8wF0/n8iw

Vex is significantly stronger than Crushing Force, and you get 10% spellpower, 5% damage, Shroud of Agony, Sanction (about twice as strong as Strike of Judgment in my experience), Purge, Armor of Devotion, and Harsh Discipline.
    The "Group Support" build I listed is 51 pts to pick up Spirit of Asphodel. It and the Satyr Destroyer are rather useless when solo so I didn't think it was necessary but I will try to clarify this.

By going less than 50 points in Druid you miss out on some important bonuses or abilities IMO, and Massive Blow+Lightning Hammer from Shaman is important for single-target DPS. But Druid is a flexible spec, use whatever works for you. FYI Sanction Heretic (and similarly Massive Blow) will trigger a heal only half as strong as that from Justicar abilities like Strike of Judgment.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrie View Post
    Thanks for posting this, I've been levelling with a Druidicar build and enjoying it a whole lot more than the Silenus thing that the game gives you.

One question -- for AoE you say Satyr Destroyer, but I assume you mean Satyr Protector, since there is no point put into the Destroyer in this build.
    Sorry, fixed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy7 View Post
    Just wanting to point out how you say to use the Satyr Destroyer when in groups but you don't even put a point into it.

I'm also running something close to this build but only 44 points into druid for my leveling build. I'm at 58 now so the last 2 points in shaman have yet to be spent.

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#r...y8ixh2F0/l8gC0

I'm using Strike of Judgment for my ST macro and then Even Justice for AoE.

#show Strike of Judgment
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Combined Effort
    cast Bolt of Radiance
    cast Massive Blow
    cast Strike of Judgment
    cast Ekkehard's Grasp
    petattack

You get to use more Hammer of Duty this way and with crit's giving 2 convictions even more often. I don't use the Satyr Destroyer at all as you can see. When needing dps in instances I just use the Seer and switch between Fae Dispersion depending on trash pulls or bosses.
    See above about the Satyr Destroyer. The Group Support build is different primarily because of Endurance vs Reparation -- if you group more or solo more then use that to decide where the points go. The Seer is fine for boss fights as well but as a 51st point to pick up Spirit of Asphodel, you might as well pick up the Satyr. Personally I've found Hammer of Duty to not be worth much with only 4 convictions.

Thanks for the feedback.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 06-24-2013 at 09:36 AM.

Soulwalker

Well last night i just ran my first time through Golem Foundry. I queued up as support but ran as DPS for all the fights but the last one.

I was doing roughly 5000-5500 dps on the boss fights, was the top dps in there. They wanted some extra healing for the last boss so I switched to my Druidicar role for healing faire and Salvation heals.

In that spec I was still able to out dps the warrior DPSer and my faire ended up be 34% of total healing done and 65% overhealing done with those aoe heals. Along with the 5% dmg increase for the group buff and the Thorns of Ire added some boosted damage I'd say this makes for a very nice support build in a group. Even on a ST fight it dishes out some damage. Was around 4500 dps so 1k less then my Inq build but still not too shabby. If i had a dps pet my seer could have added much more.

I didn't get to do any AOE trash pulls with it but I can't even imagine what it would have been. So all around even as a solo leveling build this can hold it's own in a group.

Disclaimer: This is pre-60 of course. I just hit 60 a few minutes ago so I have no clue how well it will continue to do in those dungeons later on.

Soulwalker

I had forgotten to mention as soon as we were done in there everyone wanted to know what I was doing and what spec I was to be doing so well as a "support" yet still doing that much damage and had that much help on healing.

Glad it worked well for you. Indeed Druid based builds can be extremely effective in non-max-level or undergeared situations, when you may need to compensate for other party members on the fly and still do respectable dps. The amount of numbers that pop up with Spirit of Upheaval on an AoE pet is pretty awesome as well. It loses a bit of its luster as you get up to raid gear and more optimized groups however.

Champion of Telara Hackiedoodle's Avatar

I figured I'd throw in my experience. Been using this to level with my Cleric, working my way from 50 to 51. One thing's for sure, I am ****ing indestructible. Okay, well my Satyr is, what with all the healing. My AOE DPS is about 6.5k in huge packs, 4k in 3-4, and 2.3k ST. I'm hoping to get my ST damage higher. I got spoiled by my warrior's 4k DPS ST, hahah. Of course, I'm still rockin' my old rank 25 PVP gear (I was half a bar from Constable, and just burned out). I'm guessing once I get some gear that actually has crit, it'll help with damage.

Thanks for the guide, homie!
    Krimhilde, Warrior
    Ambya, Cleric

When I came back for F2P, I just wanted to get back into playing right away, rather than theorycrafting.
    My character had full HK and a little ID gear, and was level 50.
    So, I grabbed the "Just Seer" build on this forum (Druidicar), and got right to it.

Last night, I found it's been 7 days (playing evenings), and I'm already at level 55.
    I then realized that I had better start looking at optimum builds for level 60.
    I saw your thread, and that's when the fun started.

I took a really close look at the choices you had made.
    This is what I took away from it.

The base Druidicar farmer needs 16 points to get Even Justice. That's a given.
    You then want to maximize Druid damage, and your 50 points seems very well allocated.
    This leaves you with 10 points left to tailor the build to an individual's play style.

Those 10 points seem to offer two paths:
    * Maximize Damage further
    * Sacrifice some damage to improve self and group healing.

You obviously chose to maximize damage.
    (I have no issues with that, I simply state it as a fact.)

If you wanted to improve your casual group healing (for hunts, rift raids, or other such pickup groups), you could spend 4 more points in Reparation (to spread the love around), and maybe one more point in Healer's Creed to get an extra 5% incoming heals (even more survivability).

The other 5 points could go into any one of a number of other "third souls".
    You could increase damage by 5%, increase wisdom by 10%, or increase spell power by 10%.

On the flip side, if you wanted to maximize damage, you could use all 10 points to increase those same stats... and this is where we get to the meat of the issue.

Your 10 points in Shaman confuses me a bit.
    Is Massive Blow and Lightning Hammer really that good?

I could use those 10 points in Cabalist to get the same 5% damage bonus AND add 10% extra to my Wisdom. If Wisdom isn't that great, I could put 10 points in Sentinel, and get the same 5% damage bonus, and 10% extra in spell power.

Adding 10% extra to Wisdom or Spell Power MUST boost all of your other damage spells by a large amount, giving you xx% more damage on average. The two spells you chose to acquire still require a GCD, so you're simply using them rather than a different damage spell.

What was it that led you to choose 10 points in Shaman over Cabalist or Sentinel?
    Last edited by Kaelani; 06-27-2013 at 09:15 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    Crushing Force is not available until 48 pts in Druid. It also is only in the macro for filler from range, it's not meant to be used normally from the macro.

I have crushing force on my bar and it works, but it is NOT working IN the macro
    I pressed the macro a 1000 times but it does NOT trigger Crushing force.

grts

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelani View Post
    If you wanted to improve your casual group healing (for hunts, rift raids, or other such pickup groups), you could spend 4 more points in Reparation (to spread the love around), and maybe one more point in Healer's Creed to get an extra 5% incoming heals (even more survivability).
    That's actually what my "Group Support" build is. It takes the points out of Endurance in Justicar to fill out Reparation, since Endurance is not really necessary for dungeons or open world groups.

The other 5 points could go into any one of a number of other "third souls".
    You could increase damage by 5%, increase wisdom by 10%, or increase spell power by 10%.

On the flip side, if you wanted to maximize damage, you could use all 10 points to increase those same stats... and this is where we get to the meat of the issue.

Your 10 points in Shaman confuses me a bit.
    Is Massive Blow and Lightning Hammer really that good?

I could use those 10 points in Cabalist to get the same 5% damage bonus AND add 10% extra to my Wisdom. If Wisdom isn't that great, I could put 10 points in Sentinel, and get the same 5% damage bonus, and 10% extra in spell power.

Adding 10% extra to Wisdom or Spell Power MUST boost all of your other damage spells by a large amount, giving you xx% more damage on average. The two spells you chose to acquire still require a GCD, so you're simply using them rather than a different damage spell.

What was it that led you to choose 10 points in Shaman over Cabalist or Sentinel?
    Massive Blow and Lightning Hammer are that good. Druid is the only build other than Shaman that can make full use of Massive Blow since it's melee, and Lightning Hammer with the 3 points upgrading its duration is very good as well. Wisdom isn't that great but +10% wisdom is comparable to +5% damage bonus and (I believe) applies to your pet as well indirectly.

The spellpower bonus is very good and a few builds are better off going into Sentinel but usually for DPS specs, the damage bonus from Rage Blight in Defiler is more worthwhile (since it is multiplicative). Also you don't get anything worthwhile past those first 5 points in Sentinel, and you miss out on 5% damage bonus from the gift. However if you wanted to maximize your group support healing the spellpower (plus Healing Breath) would be a great choice, but then you'd have 5 more points that wouldn't help your damage at all in either Justicar or Sentinel.

But keep in mind this is mostly theory, I haven't specifically tried to maximize this build for anything other than what I used it for, which was solo leveling.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 06-27-2013 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuthal View Post
    I have crushing force on my bar and it works, but it is NOT working IN the macro
    I pressed the macro a 1000 times but it does NOT trigger Crushing force.

grts
    As I said, it's not supposed to.

That's actually what my "Group Support" build is. It takes the points out of Endurance in Justicar to fill out Reparation, since Endurance is not really necessary for dungeons or open world groups.
    I didn't understand this right away, so I glossed over it.
    You stole 4 points from Stronghold ability (-8% endurance) and added them into Reparation.
    I like that better.
    That leaves all 10 points for other customization.

Wisdom isn't that great but +10% wisdom is comparable to +5% damage bonus and (I believe) applies to your pet as well indirectly.
    That was sort of my main point.
    +5% Damage on yourself < +5% damage for your pet AND yourself.
    But, I goofed when I typed Sentinel... I was actually looking at Inquisitor.

If you put 10 points into Inquisitor, you could get BOTH +10% Spell Power (Planar Study) AND +5% Damage for yourself (Corporal Punishment). To my mind, that's about +10% damage overall, and that's gotta be better than any bonus you'd get from those two other shaman skills, because it applies to every attack, instead of only giving you a damage bonus when you use those two particular skills.

If that sort of a bonus isn't enough, look at what you'd gain from the Inq abilities...
    Armor of Devotion kicks up your Critical Hit chance by a huge amount.
    Sanction Heretic is an excellent DOT to add to the rotation
    Vex (while not as strong as many other skills) is still a decent DOT.

I'd suggest that 10 points in Inquisitor might gain you more DPS than 10 in Shaman.
    What's more... it doesn't really cost you any survivability or utility.
    (Sinnuendo beat me to this revelation in a much earlier post, only he took it even further.)

But keep in mind this is mostly theory, I haven't specifically tried to maximize this build for anything other than what I used it for, which was solo leveling.
    I understand completely. I'm not here to hold anyone's feet in the fire.
    I really appreciate taking the time to share your build.
    ...and I appreciate even more being open to nit-pick it, in the spirit of theorycraft.

Salut'
    Last edited by Kaelani; 06-27-2013 at 12:04 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast