+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By rnbwtrout

Thread: The Do-It-All Cleric

Shadowlander

Default The Do-It-All Cleric

Wanted to share my leveling and do-it-all spec for F2P'ers who are short on roles. This build can do it all from melee, range, aoe, support and even light tanking duties. Save your other roles for something more dedicated.

The Build:

28 Druid / 36 Inquisitor / 12 Justicar
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#D...nkei9ila4/r8Z8

Single Target Melee:

Put up Vex, Thorns of Ire and Eruption of Life. These spells don't macro well, so you'll want them on seperate hotkeys.

Macro Combined Effort, Sanction Heretic, Bolt of Radiance and Strike of Judgment:

#show Combined Effort
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Shield of Oak (off the global CD, will not interfere with anything)
    cast Combined Effort
    cast Sanction Heretic
    cast Bolt of Radiance
    cast Strike of Judgment (must be last in macro or macro won't work)

Procs:
    • Hammer of Duty at 4 stacks of Conviction.
    • Bolt of Depravity at 5 stacks of Life and Death Concord.

Playstyle:

The playstyle is very similar to WoW's Frost DK. You have dots you want to keep up similar to Frost Fever and Blood Plague. You have procs you need to use similar to Killing Machine and Rime.

The goal of the playstyle is to rack up 5 stacks of Life and Death Concord for an insta Bolt of Depravity. The abilities that will do that are: Eruption of Life, Sanction Heretic, Bolt of Radiance, Hammer of Duty and Strike of Judgment. A typical single target rotation for an Elite mob will be like this:
    • Natural Dedication for +5% dmg buff - long duration, buff before pulling.
    • Thorns of Ire - long dot, does not aggro.
    • Spiritual Deficiency - long debuff for +7% dmg, will aggro.
    • Vex
    • use Macro - will shoot out Sanction Heretic as enemy is running to you.
    • Eruption of Life - enemy will be in melee range
    • spam Macro
    • Hammer of Duty - at 4 stacks of Conviction.
    • Bolt of Depravity (macro Fanaticism with this ability) - will proc right after using Hammer of Duty.
    • After proc'ing Bolt of Depravity, it should be just right to refresh Vex, Eruption of Life and Thorns of Ire. Spam Macro, use Procs and rince/repeat.

**note, if both procs are up at the same time, use Bolt of Depravity before Hammer of Duty so you don't waste a Life/Death Concord charge.
    With your Faerie heals, your Vex heals, your Salvation heals, Doctrine of Bliss, Shield of Oak and Judicial Privilege, you can solo all but the toughest of the tough. Throw on a shield and you will instantly get -5% to -10% dmg mitigation from the added armor (depending on gear) and +15% to +20% chance to block (depending on gear).

Multiple Target Melee:

Use this method when you've acquired Soul Drain and are leveling, farming, doing your dailies, etc. This is the most efficient way of killing things.
    • Buff with Natural Dedication.
    • Throw Vex up on the guys you wanna pull.
    • Silence or LOS any that are casters.
    • When they're all on you, use Soul Drain.
    • Tab target and refresh Vex on all of em as Soul Drain is on CD.
    • Spam Macro or use Wild Strike if still waiting on Soul Drain.
    If you're in the process of leveling or not geared, i don't recommend pulling more than 3. Once you hit 60 and get some gear, then you can go nuts. Personally, i've found that i usually can only pull 3-5 mobs efficiently because of the mob spacing in the game.

Single Target Range:

Everything the same as Single Target Melee, except for the exclusion of Eruption of Life and Combined Effort in the spam Macro. Your range Macro should be:

#show Sanction Heretic
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Shield of Oak
    cast Sanction Heretic
    cast Bolt of Radiance
    cast Bolt of Judgment (must be last in macro or macro won't work. this is why we take the talent to make Bolt of Judgment a 1.5sec cast)

The only times i've had to go range in this build is boss fights during Greater and Raiding Rifts. I found it was just really painful and frustrating being melee in these events and so developed this build to effortlessly switch to range.

Multiple Target Range:

Buff with Natural Dedication, Soul Drain then Circle of Oblivion. Just rotate between Soul Drain and Circle of Oblivion ftw. This will be your primary rotation during add phases in events.

Support:

OK, here's what you bring with this build to party/raid groups:
    • Fury of the Fae: 225 spell power or attack power for everyone.
    • Natural Dedication: 5% dmg for everyone.
    • Thorns of Ire: a dot that everyone triggers (if you add up the dmg just from this, its a significant amount; especially in 20man groups)
    • Spiritual Protection: increase resistances by 65 for everyone.
    • Faerie Healing: can be aoe or single target.
    • Justicar Healing: aoe from Reparation and single target from Righteous Mandate.
    • Light Tanking: throw on a shield, carry a tanking set and you can tank better than any other non-tank focused hybrid.

There have been times when in small groups closing a rift or whatever where we didn't have a tank. You're the next best thing. Use your 8sec taunt on CD, Vex + Soul Drain if multiple adds, Shroud of Agony and things should stick to you pretty good unless someone in the group vastly outgears you.
    Other:

This build scales really well. For instance, 2 weeks now after hitting 60, i'm sitting at around 3800 spell power in this build. That's with gear from quests, normal dungeons, chronicles and world vendors. Outside of this build, i'm anywhere from 3100-3300 spell power only. That's a huge difference!

For leveling from 1-60, i recommend you fill out the Druid soul first cause the pets are gonna do you the most good. Next, fill out the Inquisitor soul. Lastly, fill out the Justicar soul.

**Why not get the tank pet? Because once you get decently geared, about mid 50's for me, you'll be pulling aggro off him easily. He neither heals you nor brings much to a group so i don't recommend picking him up. The default pet is fine for leveling into your 30's, by which time you'll get your Greater Faerie Healer and run with her to 60.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by rnbwtrout View Post
    Wanted to share my leveling and do-it-all spec for F2P'ers who are short on roles.
    Thanks very much. A very well written guide and easy to follow. I've been struggling with a dps / pvp build. Tried a few but none have been 'nice' to play.

Do I have Unholy, Blood or Frost presence up?

Default Wow!!

I am loving this spec been using it since i was lvl 28 and now i'm lvl 50 with no regrets, if geared right you will have some nice ST dps and awesome AoE for gathering mobs together and destroying them, since i'm lvl 50 i've dumped all my soulpoints in druid first then inqu now the rest will go in justicar, great guide, great build .... beats the rest for solo play, LOVE IT!!

Default Weapons

Are you running with 2 handed or board/mace?
    Your name may be mahogany but i still rock ur sox!

Quote Originally Posted by MortumFi View Post
    As for me i'm just using either a 2 handed mace or staff , never even tried a 1 hander and shield ...

Soulwalker

Why not just use one macro for melee and ranged?

#show Combined Effort
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Shield of Oak
    cast Combined Effort
    cast Sanction Heretic
    cast Bolt of Radiance
    cast Strike of Judgment
    cast Bolt of Judgment

If your not in melee range then the CE and SoJ will not fire. If you are in melee range then you will never get to BoJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellbane View Post
    Why not just use one macro for melee and ranged?

#show Combined Effort
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Shield of Oak
    cast Combined Effort
    cast Sanction Heretic
    cast Bolt of Radiance
    cast Strike of Judgment
    cast Bolt of Judgment

If your not in melee range then the CE and SoJ will not fire. If you are in melee range then you will never get to BoJ.
    I believe there's a problem with macro lag when combining melee and ranged abilities like that, but sure it "works".

Quote Originally Posted by MortumFi View Post
    Looks like mace and board considering Stalwart Citadel. You can't block without a shield, hence taking that talent without a shield is worthless.

Soulwalker

What kind of gear should you use with this build? What stats should I be looking for on gear?

+ Reply to Thread