+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Rift Cleric Holy Paladin Leveling Build Video/Text Guide

Default Rift Cleric Holy Paladin Leveling Build Video/Text Guide

Holy Paladin 2.0 updated 8/29/2013
    The Build in Action Vid game play
    The Calc link

I had to scale back a little on desire. And test a few things out which is, why it took so long to update this post. First understand what I’m trying to do. I wanted good dps/utility found in old school paladin/monk play. These hybrid classes usually don’t have the highest dps. But offer a unique play to almost singlehandedly influence fights. Just by going in between and outside of the trinity.
    ================================================== =================================
    The Souls
    61 Inquisitor= really no point in explaining it again. But I will explain how I use it. I have a few macros I use my main macro is below. It’s also the reason for the swaying you see me doing back and forth. It allows me to strafe and machine gun BOJ in pve when movement is required. In pvp combine the dots of Scourge, Sanction Heretic, and Vex.

Now you can introduce a constant BOJ spam to someone’s face. Anyone running away or too me is going to have a problem. This also allows me to kite if say a warrior gets to me. Throw on those three dots, Judicial Privilege, Overload and if you’re greedy throw in Dehydrate. You can finish this with Nsryr's Rebuke your 51 point beam spell. If they don’t have heals or even with it sometimes lights out. Be aware that people with kick or CC you out of Nsyry's. And it brings attention to you in pvp. And makes you stationary in pve exposed to a would be mechanic. Use it wisely or its major dps wasted for you.

8 Warden= Different from 1.0 I decided with much sadness. That I don’t need the gimmick tidal surge spell. Also notice I didn’t use Soothing Stream as much. Both still very valid and useful but not needed. So I scaled back and went 5/5 Boundless and 2/5 Strength of the Deep. With the final point into Geyser my last gimmick spell. The reason I like Geyser so much is it does exactly what I wanted from a dps/heal splash build. You cause pressure and damage to the enemy while healing. Something we had severely nerfed in the past. Be forewarned in pvp without good vengeance Geyser gets cut in half almost. But combine with Healing Flood and Salvation. You basically have a nice constant heal aura going on. My sole purpose for doing this build in the first place.

7 Justicar= Putting points into this further brings along the splash healing. Allows me to add 10% wisdom of 5/5 Armor of Virtue. I went two into Reparation because I choose to control the healing. Over doing it passively with no control. Also I did the numbers I healed higher using Geyser/Healing Flood/Salvation 2of5 combined. It smart heals so it’s no real worry anyway.
    ================================================== ============================
    When to use this build

Conquest if you want to rofl at heal killing people. Use this build there it’s hilarious how useful and fun it is. Especially watching all those green numbers fly in the screen while bodies drop.

Pvp normally when a team has some healers. I’ll use this build on top of it. Because you can still be top of the damage kills. And then be boom up there on healing. Like I said in the video things like this separate you. And make you influence fights almost alone. You still need skill to use it all correctly don’t assume it’s an Iwin situation. When you get comfortable however you will see the difference you can make.

Dungeons I use this as my support spec. Because Defiler is boring in dungeons, at least to me anyway. And works better for raids. Raids I wouldn’t suggest this unless you are raid geared out. I’ve seen someone with 6000sp be downright godly with this build. Reminded me of Icar days not as unrealistic and nerfhammer asking. But it was really close and I was impressed with his play.

I don’t suggest it for solo play over Holy Fire or Law bringer (which you will see this week). I mean you can use it for that just fine. But you can bend and break easier than the other builds. So I really look to this as my support build. Until we get that "actual" support sole in 3.0. Which will cause me to actually go Paladin 3.0 
    ================================================== ===================
    Leveling Progression/Gear
    Leveling clerics is always easy to me. I would suggestion all points into Inq until forced into another soul. That soul should be warden until you get 8 points in. Then follow that with Justicar’s 7 points. Then from there all in Inq’s. This is if you really like this build and want to level as it. But again I suggest holy fire over it for that.

Gear stack wisdom whenever possible. To take full advantage of your 20% modifier. Crit power is your friend then next SP. Spell critical is ok but nothing you should go out of the way for. People don't talk about this much so I will. Level like mad in Planar Attunement. It's a lot of power to be had there. I know it looks daunting and a long grind. But trust me you will be happy when and if you max it.
    ================================================== =====================
    Macros I use

#show Bolt of Retribution
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Sanction Heretic
    cast Bolt of Retribution
    cast Bolt of Judgment

#show Bolt of Judgement
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Sanction Heretic
    cast Bolt of Judgment

I use this macro everytime BOD is up on proc
    #show Fanaticism
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Fanaticism
    cast Bolt of Depravity

I use this macro mainly in pvp as my own no button. You can use it pve too just take overload out.
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Overload
    cast Judicial Privilege
    cast Healing Spray
    ================================================== ==============
    Buffs
    These buffs you should have all the time

Fanatacism= Forces the next damaging Life or Death spell to Critically Hit. Lasts 30s This is best used with BOD. I really don’t use it for anything other then BOD. Thus the macro I made for them.

Judicial Priviledge= Adds 5 stacks of Judicial Privilege. Each stack adds 10% movement speed. When hit, removes 1 stack and restores 10% health. Lasts 20s. Nothing more I can add here. It’s your oh no button use it wisely.

Radical Coalescence= Resets the cooldown on all Inquisitor abilities. Grants Unified Theory. Increases damage done by 10% for 15s. This is a on use buff you can use this to burst like a boss. I will explain that below. And you can use it defensively resetting Judicial Priviledge. It won’t reset overload however that is a pvp skill.

Armor of Awakening= Damage 10% Critical 5% to damaging abilities

Shroud of Agony= 20% chance to deal 3300 damage over 6 seconds to 10 enemies. This scales off of sp this becomes quite a large damage dot. When you have 5000+ sp

Spiritual Scrutiny= Reduces the global cooldown of the Cleric's ranged damaging abilities by 0.5s, and their mana costs by 33%. Allows the Cleric's damaging abilities to ignore 20% of their targets' Armor and Resistance. Reduces the cast time of Bolt of Judgment by 1.5s and its damage by 20%. Lasts 1h.

Ok that’s a lot of info.

Here’s why you should care it allows you to cast faster and have a strong movement spell cast in BOJ. You can take this a step further and do this combo. Cast BOD hard cast or use a already holding BOD charge. Use Radical Coalescence cast BOD while letting BOD fly, Use Sanction Heretic, Move forward allowing the cast of BOJ, Cast Soul Crystal, Cast Nysyr’s Rebuke, Which if they fail enough to let that finish, cast BOD again instant cast, dot them vex/scourge and watch them die if they haven’t already. This wouldn’t be possible with out Spiritual Scrutiny.

So to recap what I did so you can grasp it. BOD+BOD+SA+BOJ+Soul Crystal+NR or BOJ again which may refresh BOD+BOD+Scourge/Vex= Opponent saying wtf I just got hit like 10 times in 8 seconds. Only way someone will stop you from doing this is CC you. So pretty much if you are in a crowd left unattended yea…Machine gun mode.

Spiritual Protection= Increases all Resistances by 65 on all party or raid members.
    Optional if you have them they do help

Flaring Sigil= 160sp Nice dps boost. Gained from tier 3 of the fire planar attunement. If you haven’t gotten that far yet. Try for tier 2 Flaring glyph which is 80sp

Archiac Tablet/Petrified Rune= Both offer minor boost AT offers you Wisdom/Strength +60 for 15 minutes. Petrified Rune offers Dexterity/Intelligence +60 for 15minutes. Both of these buffs are the entry point of Tier 3 for Water and Earth. So all you need to do for them is get to tier 3 and spend one point.

Shadowlander

Default wowzers

I've been looking for a good build for leveling that doesn't rely on pets for survival. Defiler felt slow, druid was fast but boring since I'm a caster at heart.

I had an extra soul slot and totally tried this out... wow! It's hard to fit in before level 54 as both the warden's Orb and Scourge are immensely useful, but I could imagine skimping on Scourge until 54.

With just questing gear, I'm killing enemies faster than either of my other builds.

I'd say AoE and multi-target are a wee slower than the others. Soul Drain and Circle of Oblivion don't really rock my world. But with a full board of DoTs, pretty much anything is dying quickly.

The healing is great, and I feel generally safe with some of the early-game warden HoTs, so long as I plan ahead.

All in all, would definitely rank it up there with Def/Cab and Druid/Sham.

A few questions...

Do you use Bolt of Judgment after you get Bolt of Retribution or is it obsolete?

Do you have any AoE tips?

Good Guide.

Entellex - Cleric - Level 23 - Greybriar

Currently looking for a decent Guild and/or Server.

I use Ret as soon as I can. And leave BOJ for when I finally get the buff to spam it. And then I only it on the move combined with SH.

Aoe is limited but even so it's still strong using Soul Drain and Circle of Oblivion. I just make sure I vex/scourge everything. And always have orbs on cooldown. And a hot running or all 3 running if things are intense.

Now that I'm max level again and my power is scaling. So is the healing along with the damage. Almost nothing can even cause me a second look now. You just need to know when you are trying to do too much.

PVP you can almost always be at the top of the board in damage. And that's without being a super AOE character. It's all raw kick behind damage.

Soulwalker

is there a macro for this build ?

Why on Earth would you drop Radical Coalescence for Orbs? If you're really that worried about the healing surely having a extra 50% heal available on demand beats the hell out a weak Warden heal.

Why because you lack imagination like most gamers. I outlived more people with Utility then you taken breaths in your life. And that's in the past 2 weeks lol....When you make a build with a theme it's not about min or max. It's about that "Theme" don't the builds reason your reason. That's where people mess up when it comes to being original.

Quote Originally Posted by Silentstorm View Post
    Why because you lack imagination like most gamers. I outlived more people with Utility then you taken breaths in your life. And that's in the past 2 weeks lol....When you make a build with a theme it's not about min or max. It's about that "Theme" don't the builds reason your reason. That's where people mess up when it comes to being original.
    So just because someone disagrees with you they lack imagination? Gotcha. I guess believing an ability that resets the cooldowns of all your other abilites has less utility than a weak heal is definitely original I'll give you that.

Even if the 2 heals you are able to reset weren't more powerful than Orbs, which they are, the DPS and CC you are losing makes the trade-off unacceptable regardless of "theme".

That's your opinion doesn't mean I don't prove otherwise. And yep I do on a daily basis with countless people thanking and using it. So it really doesn't matter what you deem unacceptable. You tube has a saying if it's good it will embrace it. That's what happen you can either get over it. Or use whatever makes you happy. Either way the fact it's successful doesn't won't change in the least.

No one is saying it's a end all build. I never claimed that or said it's better then anything else. It's a different way to do things. I don't do cookie cutters that's boring. Also when I'm seriously raiding I don't use this. And who are you anyway to say what's acceptable to begin with. Where ever you leveled up that ego from take it back there.

Inquisitor + warden = crap heals at higher levels due to the gift system, and at lower levels you don't have NR to use with tidal surge, so you aren't getting anything useful from warden.

Drop warden and put 20 points in defiler for the totem and husk whenever u cast vex or siphon vitality and you can inq-dps to your hearts content with a much more survivable build that puts out more dps.

How about no and no.

Thiers a reason why it has as many views and likes on the web. And is featured and several sites. Because it frankly works as intended. And I show they each and every day on Deepwood. So much so people constantly ask what are you doing? Like I said it's not about any one thing. And if you don't like it that's fine. But it's not changing might as well get over it.

If you want to make a guide by all means go ahead. This one isn't changing because guys can't get out of one track minds. You better find another post for that. Take the hint.

It isn't supposed to be highest dps or heal the most. It's supposed to emulate a rpg paladin's play. Which never excels at dps or healing. They usually end up just underneath the top. As a trade off of power and healing. I don't get what is so hard of a concept about that. You dps and have splash heal capability. Once upon a time my original build had ALOT of splash heal. Which made it really broken that got nerfed while I was away from the game.

So Ill say this like I always do to guys who don't get it. Don't use what I made many more will. Been doing this a long time. 15 years of making builds game after game. People always complain when you don't use cookie cutter mentality. Nothing new here lol...........

When you can get better CC, healing, damage and a cleanse from defiler instead of warden as a sub soul its easy to see that this is just a bad spec. You can hype it up as much as you like and make out your some kind of special snowflake but its still a bad spec and will stay a bad spec.

Defiler cleanse + rage blight + passives + RC > everything you get from low warden.

Soothing stream is a joke, orbs are not much better, but a cleanse, especially in pvp is a life saver, and RC is just win.
    Ambi - Cleric - Apotheosys.

Quote Originally Posted by Silentstorm View Post
    Thiers a reason why it has as many views and likes on the web. And is featured and several sites
    Gee Mister 25 likes? How do I learn to be like you? Here is a video of paint drying with more likes than yours.

I generally applaud anyone who takes the time out to make a guide for the community but your refusal to accept any kind of criticism, combined with the general tone of your replies, proves to me that this is just a vanity project on your part.

If you genuinely intended for this to be some kind of RP build you should say so in the description, if not you should accept that changing one solitary point would simultaneously improve it's damage, healing and CC abilities.

I'm pretty sure this going nowhere so I won't reply again. Good luck on your future endeavours.
    Last edited by Sikarius; 07-05-2013 at 02:50 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast