+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Rift: Cleric Healing Guide (For New and Leveling Players) [YouTube]

Default Rift: Cleric Healing Guide (For New and Leveling Players) [YouTube]

I hope this is the right forum for a video guide. I've never made anything like this before, so please provide any constructive feedback you'd like!

I realized that for 40 levels I had misread one spell's tooltip, but I made note of that in an annotation. Hopefully the rest of what I put forth is reasonably correct.

I liked you guide alot
    I would love it if you had a look at warden aswell. Im a HoT-addict and usually mix warden with Sent.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivvi View Post
    I liked you guide alot
    I would love it if you had a look at warden aswell. Im a HoT-addict and usually mix warden with Sent.
    This is a great idea. I love playing HoT-heavy healers in other games and so I've been very curious about Warden. Thanks for the suggestion!

Soulwalker

I actually registered to the forums just now, just to tell you what a great job you did with the guide. I sincerely suggest you do more of these!

Quote Originally Posted by effervesce View Post
    This is a great idea. I love playing HoT-heavy healers in other games and so I've been very curious about Warden. Thanks for the suggestion!
    Warden is designed as an AoE healing soul and although you can combine it with Sentinel to make a passable small group healing build, it will not perform anywhere near as well as the 61/15 Sent/Puri build shown in this guide.

You must remember that the scaling of HP between level 50 and 60 far exceeds that of the amount spells will actually heal for. This means that all healing seems extremely powerful pre 50 and builds that work at that level will not necessarily work when you hit 60.
    Last edited by Sikarius; 05-30-2013 at 06:53 AM.

Telaran

Great video since its your first ever effort, truely excellent for new players.
    While im a veteran mmo healer and recently back playing and healing away i have no need for this video your presentation style and voice are really very impressive.
    Keep up the good work, a thumbs up from me, well done!

Quote Originally Posted by Vivvi View Post
    I liked you guide alot
    I tried a Warden/Sentinel spec and have been healing a couple dungeons with it. It's got a steeper learning curve than Sentinel because of the need to predict damage more, but it's so much FUN (I love jumping around while throwing out HoTs!). I'll definitely try to make a video about Warden once I really get the hang of it in all combat situations.
    Last edited by effervesce; 05-31-2013 at 12:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by effervesce View Post
    I tried a Warden/Sentinel spec and have been healing a couple dungeons with it. It's got a steeper learning curve than Sentinel because of the need to predict damage more, but it's so much FUN (I love jumping around while throwing out HoTs!). I'll definitely try to make a video about Warden once I really get the hang of it in all combat situations.
    If you want to predict damage try 54 Puri/22 Sent, it's monumentally more effective than Warden in dungeons, and my favorite dungeon healing spec.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    If you want to predict damage try 54 Puri/22 Sent, it's monumentally more effective than Warden in dungeons, and my favorite dungeon healing spec.
    +1 to this

54 Puri / 22 sent is what I use when I'm too tired to defiler or when I absolutely need an AoE cleanse.

It's also a very good spec for saving pugs from mechanics in dungeons.
    Zones@Sargeras
    RIP <Addiction>

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post

I really loved playing a disc priest in WoW, and regardless of what spec I'm healing in I throw out absorbs like crazy... so Purifier seems like a logical choice to try out. Thanks for the heads up!

Soulwalker

well i was looking to start a cleric today and came across this post and watched the video. loved it! it's great for newer players wanting to heal. i really like the comment about not leveling as dps then switching to healer later. a lot of people do that cause it's easier but everyone knows practice makes perfect!

Soulwalker

This is one more "Thank you!!!" post

I loved this video. I played healing classes in other games and made a cleric here with an intention to heal. I rarely like video guides but this one I found extremely helpful as the first introduction to the healing skills in the new (for me) MMO. It touches multiple aspects in a very short time, even if some of them are of no interest to me - like key bindings - I don't feel that my time was wasted. The guide is nicely structured (mini-chapters are good and they are announced in advance) and well presented (easy-to-read tooltips which are staying for long enough, a very clear voice which I - as a not native speaker - had no problems with understanding, no "mmh..." or "eeh...", no awkward pauses, no distracting flashy animations or background music).

I would guess you have some experience at teaching or presenting things, giving talks to public and such... If not, you really should consider doing that. And do more video guides of course, keep the same length and maybe just keep your voice more steady (now it still fades out at the end of some sentences).

Quote Originally Posted by Lunasa View Post
    This is one more "Thank you!!!" post

I loved this video. I played healing classes in other games and made a cleric here with an intention to heal. I rarely like video guides but this one I found extremely helpful as the first introduction to the healing skills in the new (for me) MMO. It touches multiple aspects in a very short time, even if some of them are of no interest to me - like key bindings - I don't feel that my time was wasted. The guide is nicely structured (mini-chapters are good and they are announced in advance) and well presented (easy-to-read tooltips which are staying for long enough, a very clear voice which I - as a not native speaker - had no problems with understanding, no "mmh..." or "eeh...", no awkward pauses, no distracting flashy animations or background music).

I would guess you have some experience at teaching or presenting things, giving talks to public and such... If not, you really should consider doing that. And do more video guides of course, keep the same length and maybe just keep your voice more steady (now it still fades out at the end of some sentences).

Thank you for your very kind words and equally for your very appropriate criticisms. I have kind of a lower-register voice to begin with and coupled with my inherent tendency to murmur, my voice tends to drop out at the end of sentences a lot, as you pointed out. It's something I am trying to figure out how to address without making my voice sound really forced and artificial. I'm working on a new guide on Justicar tanking that I'll post in here in the next few days, and hopefully I'll do my best to keep my voice audible throughout the recording. I'm also going to spend less time on keybindings because, as you noted, it's something that varies according to personal preference.

Cheers!

If every class guide had a video like this doing dungeons would be allot less faceroll and allot more happy bunnies.
    Seriously well done guide!

Very nice video. I'm trying to learn to play healer.
    No one expects The Inquisition

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast