+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 61 Puri 11 Sent guide sort of

Soulwalker

Default 61 Puri 11 Sent guide sort of

Hi everyone,

Im posting my puri spec, macros and rotation that i use.
    Please understand that All the numbers contained are a product of your total spell power. The more SP you have the stronger your shields will be. I have 6k+ sp raid buffed so im posting the numbers that my tool tips reflect. Your mileage may vary.

There's probably better, and I haven't done the math (cause math is hard and scary) or theory crafted any of this so there is, most likely, better specs to use. I've had some pretty good success with this so i wanted to share.

Puri 61 / sent 11 / warden 4

In Sent -
    5 in watchfull Gaze - 10% sp increase
    3 in Expeditious - increase healing and absorb spells by 6%
    2 in Thoughfull - increase healing and absorb spells by 4%
    and MOST IMPORTANT 1 in touch the light - causes next healing or absorption spell to be cast instantly and reduces mana cost by 50%

Buffs -

Caregivers blessing
    wisdom of ages
    heroic resolve
    sign of faith

Macro 1

suppressmacrofailures
    cast Fiery Will
    cast Flashover
    cast Premonition
    cast Symbol of the Sun
    cast Gathering of Flames
    cast Rite of the Forge
    cast Ward of Fire

Fiery Will increases all your heals and shields by 25% for 15 seconds
    Flashover forces the next healing or shield to crit
    Premonition re-applys ward the next three times your target is damaged
    Symbol of the sun will crit on the tank for a metric ton of shields, and apply to up to two other raid members because you have 2 points in emblem of ashes.
    gathering of flames will apply shields to half the raid on top of any other shield because its not effected by burnout
    Rite of the forge will apply an 8k shield which reaplies every 3 seconds for 15 seconds
    and then, if you can stand still long enough for a 3 second cast you can heal the tank for 5k

Typically i use that macro for spike damage AND once you go through the rotation, Fiery will is still going which means you can re-shield everyone for 25% more then you normally would be able to so try to get that in quick.

Macro 2

#show Touch the Light
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Touch the Light
    cast Ward of Scorching

After using this macro IMMEDIATELY hit Premonition.
    This is primarily a tank saver!
    Touch the light causes next healing or absorption spell to be cast instantly and reduces mana cost by 50%. Ward of Scorching is a 7k heal and 6k shield. Premonition will REAPPLY THIS WARD THREE TIMES which is a metric ()*^(*$# ton of heals and shields in a very small amount of time on one person. If you can't get Ward of scortching off it's ok. In your primary rotation Ward of fire will do the job as well and will activate Premonition allowing you to cast it. Using this one may take a little practice.

Mouse over macros -

#show Symbol of the Sun
    cast @mouseover Symbol of the Sun

#show Healing Breath
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @mouseover Healing Breath
    cast @mouseover Healing Flare

#show Healing Spray
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @mouseover healing spray

To cast a spell on someone move your mouse over the green spot with their name in the raid frame and push the button. It kind of like using Click and Grid from WOW......kind of

During the raid im primarily using Symbol of the sun which will cover three people every time you hit it. I can cover the raid pretty quick with 11k+ shields instead of using symbol of hearth. Hearth will cover everyone super quick, but its a 3.2k shield and is useless. Don't even bother using it.

The toughest part of this spec is:

A - no raid heals - this kinda sucks
    B - Burnout - this is a debuff which prevents you from reapplying symbols untill it wears out. Im constantly spamming sun to try and reapply it as soon as burnout drops off.

As you might guess it's difficult to keep tabs on moving out of ground stuff and following mechanics because your focused like a laser on little debuffs on tiny green squares hoping to apply a blue rectangle around everyone.

Ta dah! 18.5k hps and on Curcias orbital strike it'll spike to around 28k hps. I love peeking at the meters during that!

It's 7 buttons to mash. Using CD's correctly is essential. This spec will not heal the raid or the tanks. It PREVENTS the raid and the tanks from taking damage making it easier for the real healers to do their job.

Oh! I forgot to mention Spiritual Conflaguration. Cram that on your action bar somewhere. It's a 4 second chanelled cast that heals a total of 17k over 4 seconds AND every second it applies a 7k shield (lets see.....7k times 4 carry the potato plus the square root of orange is 28k shields over 4 seconds?! Yeah, thats the stuff)

Have fun everyone, im looking to streamline this somehow cause its allot to take in and use correctly. If you have any suggestions id love to hear em.

Most use 54 Puri/22 Sent as it picks up Healer's Covenant and the AoE cleanse, they are generally more valuable than Fiery Will and especially Premonition. Fiery Will is nice but Premonition is nearly worthless and extremely difficult to use for a 61 point skill unfortunately. If you really want to pick up Fiery Will then I would suggest 58 Puri/18 Sent. Healer's Covenant is an incredible cooldown in all content however, and raids usually don't have a Sentinel to cover it.

Your first macro is pretty bad. Those are all situational cooldowns that should be managed separately. Gathering of Flames and Spiritual Conflagration in particular are very important to save for specific situations, and worthless to use otherwise.

You haven't mentioned Latent Blaze, this is one of the most powerful tank heals in Purifier, particularly because it only goes off when it's needed. Use it with Flashover every time, and it can be maintained on up to ~5 players due to the cooldown.

And finally, Puri may have several tank healing/shielding utilities, but it also is very effective at shielding the raid with Symbol of the Sun. This ability is its primary use in raids and its raid "healing" in dungeons. When you don't need to reapply shields or can't because of Burnout, use Ward of Fire on the tank.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 04-19-2013 at 12:17 PM.

Soulwalker

I bow to your wisdom but there must be some virtue and advantage to have Premonition available. I concede that Cov is powerfull, but if there is a sent healer in raid then you cant use it twice untill the debuff wears off unless i understand it incorrectly. I agree that most of the cool downs in the macro are situation and need to be used wisely. Using them comes with understanding the fight and it's mechanics, knowing when damage will spike and when you can shield and being aware of mana use/cast times. I appreciate your broadening my awareness of how this might be improved upon and I will heed your kindness well. I think some more experimentation to hone my skills is in order. Just a quick question tho - Do you think that using latent blaze (15% mana + 3 second cast time) on top of Flashover (6% mana) is worth attempting to keep up on 5 players? It seems like allot of mana to spend.

Ward of scorching coupled with premonition and touch the light is certainly a useful cooldown combo.

58 puri with 12 warden (tidal surge and cataract) + 6 sent for more SP is a strong build as well, I don't actually find alot of use for HC at the moment since tanks have thier own and defilers have unstable, so HC becomes 3rd choice + with chloro's to AoE cleanse, 58pt puri builds can be quite useful.
    Ambi - Cleric - Apotheosys.

Quote Originally Posted by Raykey View Post
    I bow to your wisdom but there must be some virtue and advantage to have Premonition available. I concede that Cov is powerfull, but if there is a sent healer in raid then you cant use it twice untill the debuff wears off unless i understand it incorrectly. I agree that most of the cool downs in the macro are situation and need to be used wisely. Using them comes with understanding the fight and it's mechanics, knowing when damage will spike and when you can shield and being aware of mana use/cast times. I appreciate your broadening my awareness of how this might be improved upon and I will heed your kindness well. I think some more experimentation to hone my skills is in order. Just a quick question tho - Do you think that using latent blaze (15% mana + 3 second cast time) on top of Flashover (6% mana) is worth attempting to keep up on 5 players? It seems like allot of mana to spend.
    Chloros are generally better for tank heals than Sentinels because of the added raid DPS they bring and higher personal DPS. The only real benefit of using Sentinels is the cooldowns, and if your Puri can cover the best mitigation cooldown (Covenant) then you can usually make a more efficient healing setup that way.

Using latent blaze is certainly worth it, but primarily use it pre-pull since it lasts 5 minutes. Don't worry about using it mid-fight too much, you want to save it in case it needs to be reapplied to a tank anyway. If you need to reapply it quickly you can use Touch the Light as well. I just mention that it can be kept up on 5 people, because that's a very effective thing to do when healing 5mans.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by usman View Post
    Ward of scorching coupled with premonition and touch the light is certainly a useful cooldown combo.

58 puri with 12 warden (tidal surge and cataract) + 6 sent for more SP is a strong build as well, I don't actually find alot of use for HC at the moment since tanks have thier own and defilers have unstable, so HC becomes 3rd choice + with chloro's to AoE cleanse, 58pt puri builds can be quite useful.
    Does anyone happen to know if a buffed Ward of Scorching (with Flashover and/or Tidal Surge) will carry the same buffs to the re-applied Wards from Premonition?

Are the re-applied Wards also affected by Fiery Will?
    Last edited by ginc; 04-22-2013 at 09:33 AM.
    Garbageday - mediocre Cleric Tank / Raid Lead for -Vendetta- (Greybriar) - 4/4 Rhen of Fate, 4/5 Mount Sharax

GDAAAY NOOOOO

I agree 100%. I've been messing around with different puri combinations and don't know why the healer's cov puri variation became popular.

Shielding is so much stronger with the 58 variation and premonition is a somewhat valuable ability. Problem with it is the procs of ward of scorching proc too quickly, but at least when it's up you know the tank won't die during that small window.

However, with fiery will (58 puri) the aoe shielding is so much stronger. I think it's a must-have as a purifier. It might just the best aoe cooldown in game.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    Shielding is so much stronger with the 58 variation and premonition is a somewhat valuable ability. Problem with it is the procs of ward of scorching proc too quickly, but at least when it's up you know the tank won't die during that small window.

However, with fiery will (58 puri) the aoe shielding is so much stronger. I think it's a must-have as a purifier. It might just the best aoe cooldown in game.
    The extra shielding from premonition is basically a dupe of rite of the forge. There are many times when the ward of scorching you cast on the tank (even when macroed with oGCD premonition) gets consumed before the premonition effect is applied so you get zero benefit from it. It's some kind of server lag issue.

Your shields hit for less in a 61 pt puri outside of the cooldown window. Plus, when you use the cooldown to boost shielding a ton of people in your raid have burnout so some of them just don't get the boosted shields. Moreover, the additional boost to raid shielding doesn't make that much of a difference in that small window since a non-crit normal shield without the cd is already going to save them from an aoe.

What do you give up to get those to abilities? Cov, 1s gcd cleanse, aoe cleanse, 6% to all shielding all the time, and either push back immunity or 6% to people under 75%. Let's ignore the under 75% talent and say it's worthless. You are dropping 6% all the time for 25% one quarter of the time. You can probably argue for that since raid damage is some what predictable but why make your effectiveness limited to that prediction? Cov is a very good cooldown. It's a straight dmg reduction across any damage that stacks with many personal cds a tank might use. Premonition is a flat persistence of three shields that barely break the 8k mark. I would assert that flat dmg reduction in a single cast with no server lag weirdness is more valuable. Aoe cleanse speaks for itself even if you run others with aoe cleanse. 1s gcd cleanse is pretty life changing imo.

61 puri really feels like you are trying to min/max this shielding thing but since you have take a hefty reduction in base shielding and give up cleanse and damage reduction utility it's hard to justify the general use of the spec.
    Last edited by cwharland; 04-29-2013 at 06:14 AM.
    Trinity - Greybriar - Top Guild?
    Bohr - Cleric - (Check out my stream)
    4/4 ToDQ Conq* :: 4/4 FT Conq* :: 5/5 EE Conq* :: 4/4 dat HM
    GP/DH/GsB/RoS/RoTP/HK/PF/ID Conq
    Rift Raid Progression/Parse Site :: www.topofrift.com :: Use it!

Essentially, yes the 58 Puri cooldown is extremely good. But Healer's Covenant by itself is better, especially since it means you can use a Chloro instead of a Sentinel. The cleanse stuff is just gravy.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 04-29-2013 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cwharland View Post

You are dropping 6% all the time for 25% one quarter of the time.
    The +25% for 15s is an in-combat buff and in a separate stacking group so it is a multiplicative bonus, whilst the 6% from the sentinel talent is additive with all other such talents and the gift and is worth more like 3% in comparison to the 58pt skill.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    Essentially, yes the 58 Puri cooldown is extremely good. But Healer's Covenant by itself is better, especially since it means you can use a Chloro instead of a Sentinel. The cleanse stuff is just gravy.
    Cov is rarely ever required if you have a Defiler around and either a Riftstalker or Paladin tanking.

Cov is rarely ever required if you have a Defiler around and either a Riftstalker or Paladin tanking.
    Twins, crucia, probably some fights in EE. And sure nothing's "required" but it's a hell of a good option.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 04-30-2013 at 10:53 AM.

I dunno Grinnz, i don't use cov on any of those fights, its just not needed. Plenty enough other CD's to go around to cover everything.

I dunno Grinnz, i don't use cov on any of those fights, its just not needed. Plenty enough other CD's to go around to cover everything.
    I agree, some cooldown is definitely required, it's about whether you need it from your purifier. I've found between defiler and tank cooldowns you're gtg, but it depends on your gear and whatnot.

58 puri might be the way to go, with fast damage ticks (like on Crucia) I imagine the 61 point puri CD is pretty useless, though I've never tried it on that encounter.

In terms of total hps between 58 and the CoV puri, the 25% shield bonus from what I've seen adds about ~1k or so (maybe a bit more but I'm being conservative) to total hps over the course of an encounter. HPS isn't everything but I think it's a good indication of how strong the shields are since they're usually fully consumed.

Another point is a lot of those sentinel abilities are not mutually exclusive with the 58 point ability. A spec like this gains everything but the aoe cleanse and CoV:

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#n/mkGli2BliEw/pr2l0
    Last edited by Mayi; 04-30-2013 at 09:51 PM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

It's still the case that you are giving up 1s GCD cleanse, aoe cleanse, and cov for ~ 1300 more on a 12k+ shield that isn't going to hit every raid member in the cd window. The other thing that I've come to notice about most puris is that they simply don't use their cds...as if they are saving them for some magical moment that never seems to come about. Doing so makes a fight artificially more difficult. So while you may not have cast a cd on a fight for a while it certainly isn't the cast that there weren't times you could have and it would have improved your efficiency/survival on a fight.

In my personal experience running 61 puri before, server race conditions really just make the 61 pt not work a majority of the time. The 58 pt, even if it is multiplicative, is still only adding ~1300 to my shields which are base 10k or so (bug?). Meanwhile, I mash aoe cleanse all the time, the 1s gcd single cleanse is a god send in slow puri, and being able to reduce tank damage by 40% for a good bit of time is still good. So utility wise I just don't see a big effect from the 58 pt or anywhere near enough of an effect to replace 22 sent with it.
    Last edited by cwharland; 05-01-2013 at 07:27 AM.
    Trinity - Greybriar - Top Guild?
    Bohr - Cleric - (Check out my stream)
    4/4 ToDQ Conq* :: 4/4 FT Conq* :: 5/5 EE Conq* :: 4/4 dat HM
    GP/DH/GsB/RoS/RoTP/HK/PF/ID Conq
    Rift Raid Progression/Parse Site :: www.topofrift.com :: Use it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast