+ Reply to Thread

Thread: And another Defiler guide, for Experts (61def/9just/6inq)

Plane Touched

Default And another Defiler guide, for Experts (61def/9just/6inq)

Yes, yet another Defiler guide. Woohoo. This one is mainly used for Experts, but I suppose could be used in raids as well.

Spec:61 Defiler/9 Justicar/ 6 Inquisitor

Now, you may ask, "Justicar? What the ****? Tanking soul in a healing build? -Icars are dead you idiot!", but after playing 61 Defiler in dungeons with this spec, I found that Salvation was always doing roughly 20% of my total healing. And that's a lot. Being able to heal the group a bit with Salvation really compliments Defiler's DPS-oriented playstyle. Also, Bolt of Radiance is in the spam macro not only because it's instant cast, but because it does more Salvation healing, with only a little less damage than Somatic Desecration.

Anyways...

Buffs:

Grief Blight (Or, if you've got 4100+ SP and/or a really geared tank, I'd go with Rage Blight)
    Armor of Devotion
    Feast of the Fallen
    Chimera's Gift
    And of course, your links: 30%, 20%, 10% and 5%.

30% link goes on the tank of course, and the other links you can do whatever with. Melee should get priority, though.

Basic playstyle:

Keep the HoT (Hideous Reconstruction) up on the tank at all times. Then just DPS normally, keeping up Marrow Harvest, Bond of Pain, and Siphon Vitality. (Then spread them using Unholy Nexus, if there are other targets around) When all of those are up, use the SPAM macro to DPS and add Foul Growth stacks to the tank/other links.

Use Ghastly/Loathsome restoration to pop Foul Growth stacks on the tank as necessary, using the Ghastly macro first, and then Loathsome if Ghastly is on CD. You can also use Loathsome as a group spot-heal, as it heals for a decent amount and has no CD. Also, don't hesitate to use Explosive Growth if the tank is taking big hits. With Empowered Affliction, you can easily regen mana very quickly.

Tank taking big damage, or is about to? No problem, 61 Defiler has the best tank CD in the game: Unstable Transformation. -50% damage taken, +50% healing taken, and ~2200 heal each time the target is hit? What's not to love? Pop this on the tank and his health won't drop for the next 10 seconds, allowing you to focus a bit on DPS or healing other group members.

If you want to push DPS even higher though, you can mix Pain Transmission into your normal rotation. This also involves smart use of Beacon of Despair. Pain Transmission is easily the Defiler's best damage ability, and is the highest DPS ability you have, when at least 2 links are in range of the target. Which is usually the tank and your beacon, but you can also stand in melee range to get even more DPS, if the boss is melee-safe. Just make sure to dismiss your beacon intelligently, so you don't pull anything with it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, this build does NOT have an AoE cleanse, so for fights like Valthundr or 3rd/4th boss of SBP that require an AoE cleanse, this build doesn't work. So I'd recommend carrying around a Sent or Puri/Sent spec for fights that require AoE cleanse.

This build also has somewhat weak AoE healing, but not completely weak. Putting the HoT on all of the group and then just spamming Feedback seems to get the job done, most of the time.

Anyways, have some handy macros:

SPAM
    Code:
    #show Bolt of Radiance
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Bolt of Radiance
    cast Somatic Desecration
    Ghastly on Focus Target
    Code:
    #show Ghastly Restoration
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @focus Ghastly Restoration
    Regular Ghastly/Loathsome
    Code:
    #show Ghastly Restoration
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Ghastly Restoration
    cast Loathsome Restoration
    Dismiss Beacon of Despair
    Code:
    cancelbuff Summon Beacon of Despair
    At roughly 4200 SP, I can easily pull ~3500 DPS single target while still healing well, and if the whole group is stacked up on the boss (Manslaughter, etc.) I can easily push 6k with Pain Transmission's awesomeness. I've used this build for a while now, and it's capable of healing all experts, minus the bosses that require AoE cleanse, of course. I tend to use it over regular healing builds, because the added 3-4k DPS certainly speeds things up. Especially on trash, where DPS can go as high as 10-12k with Defiler's awesome AoE.
    Last edited by Erethzium; 04-02-2013 at 02:16 PM.

If you're going for healing 6 warden > 6 Inquisitor. Grab geyser, using geyser procs foul growth on your links and puts the shield on yourself. It's the best spam ability for defiler.

Either that or wouldn't 13 justi 2 inquis be better? With 13 you'll have stronger salvation healing and still get the +crit armor.
    Last edited by Mayi; 04-02-2013 at 02:23 PM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

didn't you post this already? or are more people deciding increased threat generating abilities are a good idea to use as a healer?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    If you're going for healing 6 warden > 6 Inquisitor. Grab geyser, using geyser procs foul growth on your links and puts the shield on yourself. It's the best spam ability for defiler.
    But it does **** for damage, and the main reason to use Defiler in an expert over other healing builds is to put out decent DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    Either that or wouldn't 13 justi 2 inquis be better? With 13 you'll have stronger salvation healing and still get the +crit armor.
    The +Salv healing talent is only for Justicar abilities, and Bolt of Radiance is the only Justicar ability used here. Plus, 10% SP from Inquisitor is always nice.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    didn't you post this already?
    Uhm...no, I haven't posted this before.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    or are more people deciding increased threat generating abilities are a good idea to use as a healer?
    ...I've never, ever pulled aggro with this spec. The "increased threat" on Bolt of Radiance does not outweigh a tanking soul's "increased threat". And on top of that, Dots/bonds are higher priority, and thus, you should be casting those first, and thus...tank should have aggro.

I mean...really? A single "increased threat" ability every 10 seconds is not going to pull aggro.
    Last edited by Erethzium; 04-02-2013 at 05:38 PM.

Soulwalker

Thought I'd give this a go for Healer (in experts only at the mo) as I liked the idea of Salvation helping out on aoe heals - especially seens as we don't have an AoE cleanse.

One thing though, it may be me being stupid but the tooltip for Salvation in abilities says it restores health to the cleric, no mention of others? See below:

Causes damaging abilities to restore 279 to 309 health to the Cleric. Restores twice as much health when using single target Justicar abilities. Restores a quarter of that health when using non-Justicar area effect abilities.
    So, question is, does it heal others in the group or just the cleric? Not tested it out yet (which I guess will give me the answer!).
    Last edited by TowerTom; 04-08-2013 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TowerTom View Post
    Thought I'd give this a go for Healer (in experts only at the mo) as I liked the idea of Salvation helping out on aoe heals - especially seens as we don't have an AoE cleanse.

One thing though, it may be me being stupid but the tooltip for Salvation in abilities says it restores health to the cleric, no mention of others? See below:

So, question is, does it heal others in the group or just the cleric? Not tested it out yet (which I guess will give me the answer!).
    The spec has 4 points in reparation which makes your salvation apply to extra people.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by kiralia View Post
    The spec has 4 points in reparation which makes your salvation apply to extra people.
    Me being stupid then. Thanks for clarifying!

Tried it out in a zone event and figured it does heal others too. Liking it.

+ Reply to Thread