+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ZakkyJenkins

Thread: Another Defiler Guide (61Defi/9Sent/6Ward)

Soulwalker

Default Another Defiler Guide (61Defi/9Sent/6Ward)

Hello there,
    I just want to write down my own experience with Defiler (Raid-based).
    I've tested many different Defiler Builds and actually I come up with 61 Defiler/9 Sentinel/6 Warden.

Defiler is a very ST good burst healer, the negative stats are that he dont have the overall Healpower (due to only 0,5% more heal per point in Defiler-Soul) as the other Healspecs and that he only have 1!!! OH-****-button (Unstable Transformation). The best thing about the Defiler are his links. He's able to mitigate up to 65% of all incoming damage (depends on how many tanks you have - usual 30%-50%). Try to use the other links on other important players or mainly on melee based players, because while linking all those people who stand directly in the crowd, "Pain Transmission" will bring up the mose damage.

Your main target is to have 3 stacks of "Foul Growth" on the Tanks. You can easily handle this by spamming FG on the Tanks, due to the "Healer's Blessing" you will heal a small amount everytime you do this. If the tank is getting a huge hit just trigger FG with the "XXX Restoration" skills or "Feedback", mostly with "XXX Restoration", because you can never say if "Feedback" heals the right target. Use "Explosive Growth" if you have to heal a huge amount in a short time or just spam more FG if you have enough time for it.

If you have some time to spend apply "Bond of Torment", "Bond of Pain", "Siphon Vitality" on your targets (and use "Unholy Nexus" if there are more than one enemy). I barely use "Marrow Harvest" because its only does one time damage and thats all, in my opinion there is no time-usage factor for this skill, instead of MH i'll use Geyser (the main reason why i skill 6 Warden). It is also an instant-cast has moderate damage and of course provides a little amount of AoE-heal. Bonds and SV can trigger "Rampant Growth" only once, at the moment where you cast them on your target.

Don't forget that you are an cleric-healer, even if you can provide a little bit DPS (and get a benefit of that - "Rampant Growth"), noone of your raid should be mad if you dont do much or any DPS.

"Unstable Transformation" is one of the best OH-****-buttons of the cleric. Use it wisely, because you only have this one.

Special macros I use (I only heal via @mouseover and focusing the MainTank):

#show Ghastly Restoration
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @mouseover Ghastly Restoration
    cast @mouseover Loathsome Restoration

#show Geyser
    cast @focustarget Geyser

#show Bond of Pain
    cast @focustarget Bond of Pain
    (( same for "Bond of Torment" ))

#show Unholy Nexus
    cast @focustarget Unholy Nexus

#show Somatic Desecration
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @focustarget Marrow Harvest
    cast @focustarget Somatic Desecration
    (( for phases you really only have to deal damage ))

Thats all so far. Hope I could help anyone out there who wants to play a defiler. Atleast I want to say that, if you want to play a 61 Defiler/15 Whatever - use Sentinel (for another huge instant-heal), Warden (for another HoT) or Justicar (for a little bit of auto-selfheal from "Salvation" when doing damage).

Geyser's pretty pimp for Defiler. I'm playing a version pretty similar to this one, only downside I've seen is Expedious doesn't increase the size of your foul growth heals. Even though it's instant with Loathsome it's still a cast time ability. Knowing this I'm still trying to figure out whether the talent is worth it, what do you think?

Also, do you find it's worth using healing spray?
    Last edited by Mayi; 03-31-2013 at 04:56 AM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Soulwalker

I only use Healsing Spray if I have nothing else to do, I mean really nothing - when I cant heal anyone nor deal damage to anyone then maybe I'll use it So, I don't think its worth the GCD and Hideous Reconstuction is way better.
    I've found a discussion about what kind of spell is the Growth, but I lost the link >_> Atleast, even if you dont get the boni at Growth, Expedious will still pump up the Restoration skills, your HoT, your AoE and of course your Unstable Transformation.

Telaran

In my experience (been raiding as defiler on my main since the first TDQ run), a raiding defiler is used more as a support spec than as a main tank healer (although this can easily be done). All of the raid bosses now have "ideal" raid make-up where healers are concerned, and very seldom, if at all, are Defilers ideally used as MT heals.

Spamming Foul Growth is probably the worst thing that you can do as a defiler while raiding. As you damaging abilities will cause FG to be spread to the targets of your links, it is much more efficient and beneficial for the raid if you go directly after the boss and provide spot heals. With Ghastly Restoration only being on a 15 second CD, it is simple for a defiler with decent SP to take a tank with 60k damage from 33% all the way back up to 80 with the click of a single button as three stacks of FG should always be on the tank. If all else fails, casting Explosive Growth on a tank and hitting them with a Loathsome Restoration can save the day while the raid's purifier brings the tank back up.

With the 4 piece raid set and crystal, Hideous Reconstruction is the best HoT in the game. The big thing to remember is to keep your husk up to prevent taking much of any link damage from your links.

Doing 7k ST damage while intercepting a ton of damage and providing spot heals is the ideal fit for the raiding defiler -- not burning through time and mana spamming FG stacks.

what he said. Use sentinel (or switch for a chloro of course) if you want pure tank healing, it fits much better. Defiler is much more effective at links+DPS+splash heals+Unstable Transformation. As long as we're talking about raiding that is.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 04-01-2013 at 10:26 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    As long as we're talking about raiding that is.
    Which we are, as the OP stated:
    "I just want to write down my own experience with Defiler (Raid-based)."

I don't get the points in warden.

The points in warden give you nothing at all.. Seems like a better idea to put those extra points into puri and picking up symbol of the torch and caregiver's blessing.
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

Rift Disciple

I would say if you're gonna use warden with 61 defiler, get 11 ward for Tidal surge. You can do lots of damage in 61/11ward/4inq

+ Reply to Thread