+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Sentinel Guide

Default Thanks

This whole thread was very informative. I learned a few things that I hadn't fully realized.

I personally find 61 Sent 15 Puri to be the best 5 man spec for my personal style. I have far less trouble using full Sent over a full Puri. HB hits 3 people, you get heal procs off your group cleanse and then there is mouseover healing flare which also procs sub heals. Plenty of tools to handle 5 man AoE damage.

I had run 61 Sent, 11 Warden, 4 Puri at the start of SL. May go back to that again for a 10-20 man spec. I actually liked it quite a bit, but didn't have room for 2 Sent specs, so settled on 15 Puri sub spec, as it is fairly good all around, if you can only afford 1 Sent spec.

Just bumping cos someone said they couldnt find a senti spec on the forum.

Soulwalker

bumping for new people

Ascendant

Original post was edited to include the entire guide instead of linking off-site.
    Last edited by Ahov; 06-23-2013 at 03:42 PM.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Original post was edited to include the entire guide instead of linking off-site.
    Thanks, been looking for a decent healing guide to use for 5mans. Much appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega326 View Post
    While we're making wild accusations without any backup, I'm going to go ahead and say that you are a 12 year old horse named Suzy that lives in a crater on the moon... and I am absolutely correct.

Soulwalker

Hi, level 50 Cleric here coming back from 2 years off and completely clueless as to where i should allocate points from 50 - 60 based off this spec. I would like to get my feet wet and heal some 5 man experts for now. I have tried using rifthead/rift zam to look for my old builds but every link seems to be broken or incomplete. Could anyone help me out and tell me where i should put my points at level 50 and then where i should put the new points as i gain them all the way to 60? Or is there a different build that would be better to use from 50 to 60?

Thank you in advance

thanks for the guide.

i did some mouseoverui macros for the invocations aswell but didnt know they require suppressmacrofailure added into it, otherwise they wont work.

i wiped once because of it :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser Phoenix View Post
    thanks for the guide.

i did some mouseoverui macros for the invocations aswell but didnt know they require suppressmacrofailure added into it, otherwise they wont work.

i wiped once because of it :P
    They don't require that line, it just gets rid of warnings that pop up if you use a macro with multiple abilities. You must have misspelled something else.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    They don't require that line, it just gets rid of warnings that pop up if you use a macro with multiple abilities. You must have misspelled something else.
    yeah seems like it

Default Help

Just came back recently and trying to find a good build for PvP that I can use in PvE as well. I see clerics in PvP that are impossible to kill (thats the guy I want to be). I want to be able to keep my team up and the fang carrier, currently using a Defiler build and I cant get anywhere near the top of the charts with healing

So please any help would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by Dorrian View Post
    Just came back recently and trying to find a good build for PvP that I can use in PvE as well. I see clerics in PvP that are impossible to kill (thats the guy I want to be). I want to be able to keep my team up and the fang carrier, currently using a Defiler build and I cant get anywhere near the top of the charts with healing

So please any help would be great!
    Sentinel is definitely the build for you then, I'd suggest the combo with Purifier so that you can get healing flare to spam while you are running, best of luck!
    #1 Hardcore Casual - Seatin - RIFT Livestreamer/YouTuber. Check out: www.twitch.tv/seatinmanoflegends and www.youtube.com/seatinmanoflegends

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Bowler Hat View Post

If you are saving all your throughput cooldowns and rarely using them, then you're doing it wrong. You should be using them regularly - several times each in a boss encounter. You should be using them separately - you don't gain a lot of extra benefit stacking them with each other since health pools are still small.
    Haven't read the entire thread but this just jumped out at me as.... IDK. If you have to use your CDs as part of your rotation, I don't think Ahov is the one doing it wrong.
    I'm wearing my asbestos underwear. Flame on!
    Quote Originally Posted by mo0trix View Post
    So buy a keyboard that lets you assign macros....

I've played since launch and I don't mind pressing a line of buffs... repetitive, sure... but so is masturbation... still we keep doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaelon View Post
    Haven't read the entire thread but this just jumped out at me as.... IDK. If you have to use your CDs as part of your rotation, I don't think Ahov is the one doing it wrong.
    It isn't necessarily right or wrong but you can't see them as only cooldowns. You need to use what is appropriate for the fight. For some fights you might need to save your Touch the Light and Fullness of Life for specific situations on the tank or other people, for other fights you may never need them so it would be a waste not to use them to improve your overall HPS.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    It isn't necessarily right or wrong but you can't see them as only cooldowns. You need to use what is appropriate for the fight. For some fights you might need to save your Touch the Light and Fullness of Life for specific situations on the tank or other people, for other fights you may never need them so it would be a waste not to use them to improve your overall HPS.
    I see your point but it really comes down to how you play, comes down to what you consider a win. I don't care about the actual numbers. I'm not saying its wrong to care, just that I don't. I call it a win if the boss dies and the party doesn't. If I don't need to use a <insert clever word for ability with "long" cooldown that enhances the ability to heal> in a given fight, I don't.
    I'm wearing my asbestos underwear. Flame on!
    Quote Originally Posted by mo0trix View Post
    So buy a keyboard that lets you assign macros....

I've played since launch and I don't mind pressing a line of buffs... repetitive, sure... but so is masturbation... still we keep doing it.

If I can only take one spec for now, is it better to have Sent or the new Puri for 10/20 man raiding? Which will get used more?

ty

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast