+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Medicated - Inquisitor DPS

Default The Medicated - Inquisitor DPS

Why stop and cast Bolt of Retribution, when you don't have to?
    This is a build created by "Medicated@Laethys", it allows for constant movement without DPS loss.

The Medicated Build, Just what the Doctor ordered.
    BUFFS
    Rage Blight
    Blighted Greed
    Armor of Awakening
    Shroud of Agony
    Spiritual Scrutiny This spell its now a 1Hour buff, update 2.1 Hotfix #7
    Spiritual Protection(Keep in mind other classes may replace this)

Miscellaneous skills to keep in your bars
    Righteous Deliberation
    Harsh Discipline
    Perseverance
    Spiritual Deficiency(Keep in mind other classes may replace this)
    Bewilder
    Confound(Ranged Interrupt)
    Excommunicate
    Trepidation
    Purge
    Judicial Privilege(Very useful lifesaver)
    Radical Coalescence(Very important, it is part of the ST DPS rotation)

Area of Effect damaging abilities
    Circle of Oblivion
    Soul Drain(Self cast, must be in melee range of enemies, recommended 3 or more targets)

Single Target damaging abilites not used in macros
    Scourge
    Vex This now stacks with scourge and its again part of your ST DPS rotation, update 2.1 Hotfix #7
    Nysyr's Rebuke (This is the only spell within this build's ST DPS rotation that requires you to stop and channel(cast)
    Curse of Discord

ST Spam macro
    This macro can be cast on the run without incurring any DPS loss.
    #show Sanction Heretic
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Sanction Heretic
    cast Dark Water
    cast Aggressive Renewal
    cast Bolt of Judgment (this spell its now instant while having "Spiritual Scrutiny" buff active)
    cast Marrow Harvest (why MH and not scourge? to keep the rotation simple at all times)

BoD Macro
    #show Bolt of Depravity
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Fanaticism
    cast Bolt of Depravity

*Inquisitor DPS Bug*
    Every time that you start your Rebuke while having one stack of "Life and Death Concord" if you cast BoD right as the rebuke finishes, there its a chance for a double BoD cast, it will cast BoD at 1.8 seconds (4 stacks) then followed by the instant one, know that while this extra cast of 1.8 seconds its happening you can move while casting it, the entire fact that you can fire off this cast its a bug. I recommend giving a .1 second wait after rebuke finishes before casting BoD in order to avoid this bug, while the DPS loss from this its not something you will notice but it is not a DPS increase. It can also be the case that instead of casting it at 1.8 seconds it will cast at its full 3 seconds, avoid this bug if at all posible.
    *Inquisitor DPS Bug*

When you find yourself with Instant BoD but its also time to refresh Scourge-Vex-CoD, always refresh Scourge-Vex-CoD and make Instant BoD your fourth cast in that situation, otherwise every time you choose BoD first you incur a DPS loss.

I very highly recommend downloading the karuulalert(click to open download page) addon and setting alerts for the following abilities with the following settings:
    Vex
    *Self Cast Only
    *Target
    *Foe
    *Missing
    *Combat Only(by preference, if you leave this unchecked the alert will appear every time you target a red(pvp talk for hostile target) name.
    *Warning - Under warning the default Length its set to 5 seconds, this is the time at which the alert will appear during the DoT's countdown. I personally have it set to 5, other players have it set to 15 and watch the entire countdown, set by preference and adjust if you find that during combat it will help you to increase or decrease this setting.

Scourge
    *Self Cast Only
    *Target
    *Foe
    *Missing
    *Combat Only
    *Warning

Curse of Discord
    *Self Cast Only
    *Target
    *Foe
    *Missing
    *Combat Only
    *Warning

Life and Death Concord
    *Self Cast Only
    *Player
    *Friend
    *Active
    Stacks=4 (When this alert shows up it warns you that your next light spell cast will activate "Unified Theory" giving you an Instant BoD, this alert's purpose its to avoid overcasting light spells when you already have an instant BoD ready to be cast)
    *Combat Only
    *Timer (This timer appears at the same location "Warning" does and works in the same manner except it's only option its to show the full countdown of the skill)

Unified Theory (I cant count the times that my reactive ability in-game icon for BoD has bugged and keeps showing me an Instant BoD its ready when i have already used it and i end up starting to cast it, the purpose of this alert its so that you ignore the in-game reactive ability icon given that it can bug out on you and use this one instead which has never done that in my experience)
    *Self Cast Only
    *Player
    *Friend
    *Active
    *Combat Only
    *Timer

Finally click on "Edit Layout" at the bottom left of the karuulalert window(not the edit layout for your interface) and you will find that all the icons for the alerts are piled up at the top left of your screen, with your mouse drag and drop them anywhere you want while making sure you won't miss them during a boss fight, i personally put mines close to my cast bar which its something i am always staring at (except when i soul recall, then hit save and your done, go fight a dummy and make sure you are comfortable with the placing of your alerts.

The only thing this build could suffer from compared to a conventional Inquisistor ST DPS build its from target switching multiple times, enjoy and please reply with your experiences/parses with the build and/or your toughts on it.

Here its a parse for the build:

Here are my stats during the parse

80SP "Flaring Glyph" and no Spiritual Deficiency used.
    Last edited by Thorne25; 02-09-2013 at 06:15 PM.
    "Who said clerics can't DPS!?" October 2011

Plane Walker

"This is a build created by "Medicated@Laethys", it allows for constant movement without DPS loss."

This is sketchy... It's a big dps loss.

Default Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Whaitiing View Post
    "This is a build created by "Medicated@Laethys", it allows for constant movement without DPS loss."

This is sketchy... It's a big dps loss.
    So far i have only compared it with 61 Inquis 8 Def 7 Shaman and there has not been a loss, will be test/parsing it on a raid environment this sunday and will have more info, if you have actually tested it and found "a big dps loss" please post your parses to compare.

Ascendant

Using BoJ is not a huge loss; it's about 5-600 on the dummy for me. (It's still not equal dps though)
    Last edited by Ahov; 02-09-2013 at 03:10 PM.

Shadowlander

Im at work and only skim read this but maybe the one thing thats missing is priority order for dots, if your gonna try it out make sure you go scourge>vex>curse of discord>spam macro till all yours dots are ticking, i also noticed rage blight and corresponding buff missing from the guide ?

I wasnt really trying to compete with either of the 2 popular INQ builds as so much as another option without a massive dps loss which i believe has been achieved, personally i enjoy using the spec but for some ppl 5 dots is probably no fun.

Medicated.

Quote Originally Posted by taktical View Post
    Im at work and only skim read this but maybe the one thing thats missing is priority order for dots, if your gonna try it out make sure you go scourge>vex>curse of discord>spam macro till all yours dots are ticking, i also noticed rage blight and corresponding buff missing from the guide ?

I wasnt really trying to compete with either of the 2 popular INQ builds as so much as another option without a massive dps loss which i believe has been achieved, personally i enjoy using the spec but for some ppl 5 dots is probably no fun.

Medicated.
    ah
    Rage Blight and Blighted Greed should be in there, i used an old inquis post i had and fixed it up abit to fit this build, ill ask mod to edit it.
    Scourge-Vex-CoD and always keep an eye out for dark water, i have it in my bars instead of karuulalert, when unified theory procs, always all the dots go first and BoD its last, Aggressive Renewal can wait.
    I just parsed this on General Typhiria, had a bard,Lum Powerstone, Excellent Brightsurge and no archon, did the run around in circles non stop tactic because 2 previous attempts we got hit by "Storm Blast" without being inside it:
    http://s19.postimage.org/etyfdwksz/General_Typhiria.png
    Build is working out pretty damn good, even if tomorrow on a full raid setup it does'nt do as much dps as a BoR build (pretty sure it will pair up), i will still have to keep this one for heavy movement fights, it maintains the dps very well.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Using BoJ is not a huge loss; it's about 5-600 on the dummy for me. (It's still not equal dps though)
    Bolt of Retribution is also affected by the reduced cast time from Burning purpose; gives you more casts per parse even though it shouldn't. I'm guessing this is due to lag.

Appreciate the post, I personally cannot get karuulalerts to work for me properly. I dont get a countdown on any abilities. I used your format and i noticed the specs are for "buff". Assuming i set it up right i only get an icon to show up..no countdown etc. Is there a guide to help me set this up? If anybody could post a link or the exact setup for one ability it would get me pointed in the right direction. A guide would be even better. Thanks for your help!

Default Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Sswift View Post
    Appreciate the post, I personally cannot get karuulalerts to work for me properly. I dont get a countdown on any abilities. I used your format and i noticed the specs are for "buff". Assuming i set it up right i only get an icon to show up..no countdown etc. Is there a guide to help me set this up? If anybody could post a link or the exact setup for one ability it would get me pointed in the right direction. A guide would be even better. Thanks for your help!
    "Buff" is used to set up DoTs on target and Buffs on yourself, to warn you about abilities coming out of cooldown you use the "Ability" option.
    The details I layed out are complete to set up a DoT's alert (Vex-Scourge-CoD) and for an ability coming out of cooldown use this example:
    Nysyr's Rebuke
    Ability
    Ready
    Combat Only(For an "Ability" coming out of cooldown alert if you leave this unmarked it will be active at all times until the skill its used)
    Warning(It will allow you to set a timer for when you want to be alerted that the ability is coming out of cooldown)

Now for cooldowns the other option works this way "Cooldown"
    Nysyr's Rebuke
    Ability
    **Cooldown
    Combat Only
    **Timer (This will start counting down through the entire ability's cooldown from the moment you use it, if its more than a minute then it will show how many hundreds of seconds you must wait before using it)
    Choosing "Ready" or "Cooldown" its the equivalent of choosing "Active" or "Missing" when setting up a DoT.

On all the alerts it will have the option of chosing Timer or Warning in the same location within the karuulalert window depending on what the alert its for, choosing or not choosing this option its what makes the numbers for the countdowns show up in the icons which by default has the number showing up inside the icon in the middle of it, there are settings to move around the number using the center of the icon as a pedestal, center,top,bottom,left,right, outside or inside the icon, change its color just above this.
    Above changing color you will find a tab titled Text:
    In this tab you can write a small word that will show up along with the alert's icon in the same manner numbers do at a position of your choosing in the same way you set the numbers positioning, you can resize this word, i don't use this setting.
    You can also resize the icon itself by changing the tab Scale: under the icon, by default it is a 1, and opacity its just that opacity for the icon.

Here its a picture of where the Warning/Timer will show up which its what you must mark for countdowns to show up for you:
    Scourge-karuulalert
    also the Length: option, in this example i have it set to 5 so my alert will pop on my screen during combat when scourge has 5 seconds before fading from my current target.

The text option its more for raid leaders or simply a player who likes to know whats going on in every aspect of his fight, like for example somebody who takes care of healing setups in the raid and has 2 chloros that never listen and keep casting Radiant Spores over each other then you would have an alert like this:
    Radiant Spores-karuulalert

as you see there in this screenshot, where it says "Clocks" it would have the name of whoever casted that radiant spores as per the setting at the top (caster), anyone in a raid can track what dots/debuffs you use and call you out on it, that its why i call the "text" setting, the raid leaders setting. You could write anything in text aswell like for example the name of the person that should cast it for example:
    Text:Sswift-(caster)
    and that screenshot would have shown
    Sswift-Clocks
    above the radiant spores icon

If you have any more questions just ask, i have been using karuulalert since its inception.
    Last edited by Proxeneta; 02-10-2013 at 03:07 PM.

Ascendant

While I don't agree with the spec/concept (since 61inq/15defiler pulls highest dps and still has tons of mobility), you should at least state what the rotation is.

I don't see anywhere in the guide what you're actually supposed to do. I see a spam macro, and then some dots, but the priorities are not listed. As well, the BoD macro is listed but it does not state when you should use it, or clarify that you should only use before a Nysyr's Rebuke.

Default Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    While I don't agree with the spec/concept (since 61inq/15defiler pulls highest dps and still has tons of mobility), you should at least state what the rotation is.

I don't see anywhere in the guide what you're actually supposed to do. I see a spam macro, and then some dots, but the priorities are not listed. As well, the BoD macro is listed but it does not state when you should use it, or clarify that you should only use before a Nysyr's Rebuke.
    The way i am looking at this right now dps wise, its that your not replacing BoJ with BoR your replacing BoR with CoD-DW-BoJ-AR and the fact that its all instant which allows for more accurate active DoT times which has increased my DoT DPS so far and while BoJ does less dps than the 8/7 build i have mentioned the DoTs do more aswell as the rebuke even if just by a very tiny amount. I will be trying it in raid tonight and then ill know if its worth using as a main DPS build or if its no good, ill post some parses either way.

As for the rotation, it is quite simple, this is how i start a fight:
    Scourge
    Vex
    Curse of Discord
    Sanction Heretic
    Dark Water
    Aggressive Renewal
    Fanaticism
    Nysyr's Rebuke
    Instant BoD
    BoJ
    Scourge
    Vex
    Curse of Discord
    Sanction Heretic
    Dark Water
    Radical Coalescence
    Fanaticism
    Instant BoD
    Sanction Heretic
    Nysyr's Rebuke
    etc

All the dots from Scourge to Aggressive Renewal in the order listed above will always be prioritized over casting the Instant BoD if the dots are ready to refresh and BoD its ready at the same time with an exception listed below, BoD needs to be recharged and the only light spell in that rotation its SH so its dps wont be hurt by making it wait.

If you have all the dots and BoD ready, that rotation changes to this:
    Scourge
    Vex
    Curse of Discord
    Instant BoD
    Sanction Heretic
    Dark Water
    Aggressive Renewal

Default Hi

Didn't get to raid tonight ill post some parses when i do.

I think the concept came from a "DoT Spec for Clerics", which is good theorycrafting. Especially when you attempt to maximize the talents from Entropy and Approbation. I'll give you that.

The main Problem I see is that its delaying BoD usage, which in turn results in lower DPS.
    Curse of Agony, Dark Water and Aggressive Renewal all do relatively equal DPS to a BoD but fail to leave a trailing DoT (Symbol of Corruption), which gives BoD a +1 for DPS. This is especially true when you get a Crit BoD, which we get one every minute before we Nysyr's.

However, giving the build some thought I decided to try it out.
    To be 100% fair, I used the exact same build to test against, but used the normal rotation of only Scourge, Vex, SH and BoR + BoD.

With no Consumables or Powerstone, it was consistently lower DPS (Varying, 500-1000).
    I'm sure it has its placed on say Progenitor (maybe?) and even Typheria in TDQ, however in almost all other cases using the standard BoR x 4 + BoD refresh yielded better results.

I do like the idea though, but it is lower DPS.
    Last edited by LaPengo; 02-10-2013 at 08:37 PM.

Default Hi

Quote Originally Posted by LaPengo View Post
    I think the concept came from a "DoT Spec for Clerics", which is good theorycrafting. Especially when you attempt to maximize the talents from Entropy and Approbation. I'll give you that.

The main Problem I see is that its delaying BoD usage, which in turn results in lower DPS.
    Curse of Agony, Dark Water and Aggressive Renewal all do relatively equal DPS to a BoD but fail to leave a trailing DoT (Symbol of Corruption), which gives BoD a +1 for DPS. This is especially true when you get a Crit BoD, which we get one every minute before we Nysyr's.

However, giving the build some thought I decided to try it out.
    To be 100% fair, I used the exact same build to test against, but used the normal rotation of only Scourge, Vex, SH and BoR + BoD.

With no Consumables or Powerstone, it was consistently lower DPS (Varying, 500-1000).
    I'm sure it has its placed on say Progenitor (maybe?) and even Typheria in TDQ, however in almost all other cases using the standard BoR x 4 + BoD refresh yielded better results.

I do like the idea though, but it is lower DPS.
    I am not here saying "this is the next best thing" but it is quite viable, however i don't understand how you can "test" someone's build by removing abilities from the rotation and changing others, i hope you understand your example of 500-1000 less DPS has no grounds in this particular thread.
    Last edited by Proxeneta; 02-10-2013 at 10:29 PM.

I didn't remove any abilities. I'm not sure where you got that from.
    For comparing, I used the exact same rotation I would when I do my normal 61 Inquis rotation.
    I still used Fanatism BoD's before Nysyrs, and I still reset Nysyrs at the proper times to maximize DPS. The only thing I didn't do, is use your rotations and skills and your macros. I don't know how else you think I would compare the two. I would get a larger DPS gap if I used a different Skill Build as well, but that is a different topic.

Nor did I say this build and style wasn't viable, please reread. I even specifically said on certain fights it might parse higher, namely Progenitor and Typheria in TDQ.

I'm only stating that even with your Skill Build and using your rotation, its still a small DPS loss from actually doing the normal 61 Inquis Rotation, even with the same skill build. I think that has plenty of grounds for this Thread and Guide, especially when one claims its no DPS loss.
    Last edited by LaPengo; 02-11-2013 at 06:41 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast