Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Solo Druid/Inq Guide

Ascendant

Default Solo Druid/Inq Guide

note: not really necessary to run this over 61 Inquisitor even in Dendrome, unless you are heavily undergeared or fighting certain elite mobs.

The spec

44 Druid/32 Inquisitor/0 Shaman
    http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zmqrylVd...GovlMAMz00czcM

Alternatively, 44druid/22inquisitor/0 shaman if you are lvl 50.

Buffs

Inquisitor: Shroud of Agony, Armor of Devotion, Spiritual Protection
    Druid: Aid of the Forest, Fury of the Fae, Spirit of Upheaval, Trickster's Bluff
    Shaman: Vengeance of the Winter Storm

Macros

ST melee

#show combined effort
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast combined effort
    cast fervent strike
    petattack

ST ranged

#show sanction heretic
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast sanction heretic
    cast bolt of judgment
    cast vex
    petattack

Soul Drain

#show soul drain
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast fanaticism
    cast soul drain

Vex

#show vex
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast vex
    petattack

Other skills to have on your bar

Inquisitor: Harsh Discipline, Purge, Trepidation

Druid: Summon Greater Satyr Protector, Wild Strike, Shield of Oak, Strength of the Fae, Grim Silence, Fae Step

Concepts

Your tank pet will be receiving all of the damage. He will heal himself + you with Aid of the Forest. This build puts out much better dps than Druidicar, includes Soul Drain, and has the same survivability as long as you are intelligent.

A typical AoE pull consists of you applying Vex on all the mobs to grab their attention, moving toward any ranged or casters as a kill zone, and silencing the extras if necessary. Use the Soul Drain macro for some massive damage. Proceed with Wild Strike spam until Soul Drain is available.

For single-target pulls, your maximum dps-priorities will be Combined Effort>Sanction Heretic>Vex>Bolt of Judgment. I do not macro Combined Effort with ranged abilities due to associated lag. The ST-melee macro includes Fervent Strike for when you are finishing a target off. It is sometimes quicker to kill a mob immediately with Fervent Strike rather than wait for a Bolt of Judgment cast. For an anticipated long encounter, apply Spiritual Deficiency to start.

Try to maintain Shield of Oak, as it is rather nice mitigation. I did not include this in any macros due to slight lag.

Fae Step is very useful at the beginning of a pull. If there are a lot of melee mobs and only one ranged, you can grab the attention of all of them and port directly on top of the caster. This will save a bit of time over a long period.

If you anticipate heavy damage or notice you/your pet dropping, use Strength of the Fae. If you need some extra healing, use Harsh Discipline. If the situation is completely irreparable use Trepidation to fear the mobs, mount up, and run away.
    Last edited by Ahov; 06-15-2013 at 03:05 PM.

Thanks, will read with interest, as always.

Rift Chaser

Thanks for the guide Ahov.

Soulwalker

In your link i cannot see the points you spent. Can you make another link?

I'm a bit freaked out right now. I have seen this guide before, Ahov - I even pmed you about 3 weeks ago to ask about it because I couldn't find it. And now here it is. I think I'm having a psychic episode, or simply going crazy.

Anyhow - thanks for posting it (again?). I think I need to go lie down.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Merridwyn View Post
    I'm a bit freaked out right now. I have seen this guide before, Ahov - I even pmed you about 3 weeks ago to ask about it because I couldn't find it. And now here it is. I think I'm having a psychic episode, or simply going crazy.

If the regular link isn't working for you (it does for me) you can copy my points from this screenshot http://i.imgur.com/8UntHRG.jpg

Merridwyn

Nope, I just made this yesterday morning =P

I think there are 1-2 other Druid guides in general, but they all rely on Justicar as an offsoul, or using a different pet. The tank pet eliminates most need for Justicar, and the addition of Soul Drain, improved ST dps, and 0-pt Vengeance makes this build superior in nearly all ways.

I look forward to running it in Dendrome

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Nope, I just made this yesterday morning =P
    I saw! Perhaps I should have written the guide after my dream.

Soulwalker

Hi, thanks for this. Will try it out this evening.

Just wanted to ask while at work:

I am running 61 druid at the moment with some shaman in there. It's practically impossible to die with this build and the changes to fae dispersion mean that switching the seer from ST to AOE is much easier now.

Aside from the obvious benefits of having more ranged options will I see a big difference in killing times with this build? Survivability isn't as much of an issue for me and I seem to be using ST dps more than aoe these days.

Thanks. Can't wait to try it out!

Ascendant

Updated to recommend 44/22 if you are lvl 50.

This spec should level you solo from 50-60 faster than any other.

I tried this out as a fresh 60, and tho the dps is nice, I still find that using Justicar still wins out. I am able to blindly pull much more with justicar, and have absolutely no worries of dying. and the dps, which is nice, is not all that much more when fighting normal mobs. As always I appreciate your insights, as I use almost every other build you have. but for solo, I have to stick with Salvation/Even Justice.

This build is probably better, but for the blind pulling, just out there grinding, I dont have to pay even the slightest bit of attention when in Justicar/Druid.
    Gendry
    Level 60 Kelari Cleric
    Greybriar

Plane Walker

Ive noticed you don't have pet commands in your macros. Do you click on pet abilities to command your tanking pet?
    "Do I dare
    Disturb the universe?
    In a minute there is time
    For decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse." Eliot

Awesome build Ahov, could you post a link to the level 50 variant for some of us newbs wanting to level up our level 50 alt clerics.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by TheNightsWatch View Post
    I tried this out as a fresh 60, and tho the dps is nice, I still find that using Justicar still wins out. I am able to blindly pull much more with justicar, and have absolutely no worries of dying. and the dps, which is nice, is not all that much more when fighting normal mobs. As always I appreciate your insights, as I use almost every other build you have. but for solo, I have to stick with Salvation/Even Justice.

This build is probably better, but for the blind pulling, just out there grinding, I dont have to pay even the slightest bit of attention when in Justicar/Druid.
    I'm going to fix the macros for petattack to be included. I actually played this with petattack and sweep on their own keybind but I forgot to mention that in the guide.

I think that might be why you were dying (since if ANYONE dies first, it should always be your pet)

Default Maybe a dumb question

I may be doing something wrong but vex doesn't seem to go off for me in the ranged macro. It just gets stuck at bolt of judgment and then sanction the heretic when i comes off cd.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast