+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sentinel build for experts

Soulwalker

Default Sentinel build for experts

Hey all,

Haven't really seen a guide for this but it has been mentioned a lot on the forums so I figured I would write one in the hopes of people coming together to either improve this guide or one of the existing guide writers on the forum making a guide.

So without further ado:

The Build

Buffs:

Faith Rewarded
    Heroic Resolve
    Wisdom of the Ages
    Sign of Wrath
    Healer's Blessing
    Marked by the Light
    Light of Redemption (on tank)
    Wrathful Exuberence (on tank)

Cooldowns:

Empowering Light - 10 person cleanse
    Touch of the Light - for instant cast Healing Invocation/Communion
    Divine Call - 2k heal for the group, instant cast
    Healer's Convent - Reduce damage on target by 40% for 10s
    Fullness of Life - Heals target for 100% of cleric's Max health (Combine this with Flashover)
    Healer's Haste - Reduce cast time of next 5 healing spells by 30%
    Nyol's Hope - Increase healing done of next 5 spells by 50%
    Life's Return - Battle Rez
    Renewed Altruism - Reset all Sentinel cooldowns (except Brez)
    Urgency - 50% movement speed for 10s

Macros:

Symbol of the Torch
    #show Symbol of the Torch
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @mouseoverui Symbol of the Torch
    cast @group01 symbol of the Torch
    cast @group02 symbol of the Torch
    cast @group03 symbol of the Torch
    cast @group04 symbol of the Torch
    cast @group05 symbol of the Torch

Cleansing Prayer
    #show Cleansing Prayer
    cast @mousoverui Cleansing Prayer
    cast @group01 Cleansing Prayer
    cast @group02 Cleansing Prayer
    cast @group03 Cleansing Prayer
    cast @group04 Cleansing Prayer
    cast @group05 Cleansing Prayer

Fullness of Life
    #show Fullness of Life
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Flashover
    cast Fullness of Life

Spot Heal
    #show Healing Breath
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @mouseoverui Healing Breath
    cast @mouseoverui Healing Spray

Break Free
    #show Break Free
    cast Liberty of Thought
    cast Break Free

Runspeed
    #show Urgency
    cast @self Urgency

Rotation & the spells:

Fairly straightforward rotation in spamming Healing Invocation on the tank, use Divine Call/Healers communion for AE effects or use the spot heal macro to get one or two people back to full health

When the tank isn't going to be spiking or pre-fight you can hit your Symbol of the Torch macro to get wards on the group

Use Healer's Covenant when you know the tank will be taking heavy damage

Use Healer's Haste and Nyol's Hope when you need to get some quick heals out and use Renewed Altruism when you need one of your cooldowns back up quickly

I have Touch of the Light outside of macro's so I can use it for either a Healing Invocation/Communion as the situation requires.

Fullness of Life is useful for getting the tank back up from a particularly nasty hit or if you were warding the group and need to get him back up quickly

The urgency macro is for when you need to move quick to get out of an effect or catch up to a tank that got too far ahead

Not sure what else to put in guys, a lot of it is pretty straightforward. have fun!

Ascendant

Flashover does not currently affect Fullness of Life.

Also, the aoe heals are pretty weak and in 5-mans I prefer relying on Healing Breath/Healing Flare (In fact, my macro is HB>HF).

As you stated in the guide, pre-shielding whenever you can will really help smooth out group damage in a 5-man.

Quote Originally Posted by Feynar View Post
    Fullness of Life
    #show Fullness of Life
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Flashover
    cast Fullness of Life

Spot Heal
    #show Healing Breath
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @mouseoverui Healing Breath
    cast @mouseoverui Healing Spray
    Flashover and Tidal Surge don't affect Fullness of Life, so it's a waste of a point to spec into it.

Also, I would remove Healing Spray from that macro. You have an instant-cast Healing Flare in the build that will proc any of your healing passives (Marked by the Light, Healer's Blessing and Faith Rewarded if they're low enough) which is far superior to wasting a GCD on a crappy HoT. Alternatively, if they're not low enough and you know they're not going to die, you can always just toss up a Symbol of the Torch as that will proc Healer's Blessing too (especially if that's enough to top them off + now they have an absorb available.)

Never use Healing Communion. If Divine Call is off cooldown, then use Healing Breath on your melee so that Enraptured Breath (and your healing buff passives) will proc. That's actually much more reliable than HC with how awful it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    Flashover and Tidal Surge don't affect Fullness of Life, so it's a waste of a point to spec into it.
    It is a bit of a leap to say, don't spec into flashover because it doesn't work with Fullness of Life. It works just fine with Crucial Invocation and HI.

Rift Chaser

Does anyone use subtle invitation? I find that if healing breath isn't enough or isn't available, healing flair works better as it's Instacast and I can either spam it or move on to somebody else.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleetness View Post
    It is a bit of a leap to say, don't spec into flashover because it doesn't work with Fullness of Life. It works just fine with Crucial Invocation and HI.
    The only usage of Flashover in this guide was with Fullness of Life (see his macro above.) That being said: if you want to spec into Flashover (and don't waste it on a HI), by all means, do so.

Rift Disciple

I toss a point into Caregiver's Blessing and use that over Healer's Blessing. Its not a big deal, but I find a wimpy shield more useful than extra overheals (and potential pathetic converted damage). I suppose the dps appreciate the extra healing more than a shield when they get hit though.

+ Reply to Thread