+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: Druid DPS guide 2.1

  1. #1
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    203

    Default Druid DPS guide 2.1

    Can't find a Storm legion druid guide so...
    Not sure what the "best druid Spec" is because of melee disconnects

    Best all rounder = 61 druid 12 shaman 3 inquisitor http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#l8t6w/DkGBiBhlkl8/ne
    Gives you a ranged nuke (tho its very weak) for disconnects, I would also suggest moving 1 point in Glacial shield because melee in storm legion experts get *****.

    Max dps = 61 druid 8 shaman 7 inquisitor http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#l8p0/DkGBiBhlkl8/n8q seems to be the best dps I can get on a dummy around 9200 but has no ranged.

    Link = 61 druid 8 shaman 7 defiler http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#l8p0/DkGBiBhlkl8/U8q is more pet dps with 10% wisdom and gives you a link but you loose a little personal when not taking damage.

    Buffs:
    These hourly/permanent buffs must be kept up all time:
    • Vengeance of the Winter storm - additional air damage
    • Aid the forest - Pet and self heals
    • Fury of the Fae - 225 ap/sp group buff
    • Life Breach - additional life damage when attacking from behind
    • Trickster Spirit - debuffs the pets target reducing its AP/SP
    • Armor of Devotion - 5% personal crit
    • Rage blight - if using defiler
    • Link of distress - put on the tank if using defiler

    You need to switch the following buffs accordingly whenever you are doing AOE or ST damage:
    • Spirit of Asphodel(ST)
    • Spirit of Upheaval(AOE)

    Cooldowns and Utility
    • Subtlety - increases the damage of your pets next 10 attacks, you can summon a pet apply this buff and then summon a different one, the next time you summon the pet it will have the buff.
    • Strength of the fae - reduces damage you and your pet take by 50% if your derping in poo
    • Ride the lightning - removes all snares and charges
    • Fae step - ports you to the target has no global cooldown so its a dps gain in theory
    • Fae Extraction - ports the target to you, no global cooldown
    • Shield of Oak - 5% run speed and tiny shield, macro this into your spammable for longer life
    • Hidden path - removes dots from you and your pet, good in Golem foundry.

    Pets;
    • Satyr Destroyer - Melee dps pet top single target damage pet
    • Greater faerie seer - Ranged dps pet, bursty damage, about 200-400 dps behind the Satyr Destroyer on single target, Deals massive Aoe damage when toggled on.
    • Greater Satyr Protector - tanking pet, actually only deals about 300-500 less damage than the Satyr Destroyer if you turn off his cleave, and has good Aoe with it on.
    • Greater healing faerie - a very low dps pet that can heal, the healing is very poor and your personal healing works out
      less than when using a dps pet with aid the forest heals, can be toggled on group heal but its hideously weak compared to bard/beast master/tactician.
    Pets don't inherit most of your passives or personal buffs. they are not affected by %SP increase, crit dmg modifiers, base dmg modifiers, or even something like Armor of Devotion. Your pets are affected by %wisdom increase from Purifier/defiler, and their damage will increase from such a spec.

    Macro:
    Code:
    #show Combined Effort
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Combined Effort
    cast Massive Blow
    cast Fervent Strike
    cast Ekkehard's Grasp
    cast vex
    Code:
    #show thorns of Ire
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast thorns of Ire
    petattack
    Single target rotation:
    use Spirit of Asphodel
    stand behind the target for bonus damage.

    Use natural Dedication every 30 seconds
    Push the macro once to get combined effort up
    Keep thorns of Ire up every 20 seconds (500 dps for each player attacking)
    Keep Eruption of life up
    Keep Crushing force up
    Mash the macro

    Aoe rotation:
    Use spirit of Upheaval
    Summon a Greater faerie seer, set it to AOE
    ......Mash..... Wild strike


    Summary:
    This spec does very good AOE damage and a very stable ST damage, while providing 225 ap/sp, 5% group damage and thorns of Ire debuff.
    Druids do not work along side Bard, Archon or Beastmaster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lalothen View Post

  2. #2
    Soulwalker Viserys's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    15

    Default

    what about wild strike spamm ?
    Viseron - Clerc - <Blit'z> (Palier 1 clean ES 3/4 IG 1/3 BP 1/5)



  3. #3
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    39

    Default

    You don't bother keeping Lightning Hammer up?

  4. #4
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    203

    Default

    Using lightning hammer means I need to take the 3 points in improving it, which is a 4% damage and 1% crit loss from talents.
    Even with this extra 6 seconds Its quite low damage, Its also considered a spell, and doesn't proc Spirit of the woods.

    I guess from the front, when Fervent strike isn't getting its 20% bonus it would be a dps gain, but not sure if the extra 100ish damage every 15 seconds would account for loosing 4% in total.
    Last edited by Pantaliamon; 01-21-2013 at 04:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lalothen View Post

  5. #5
    Plane Walker The Witchking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pantaliamon View Post

    Single target rotation:
    use Spirit of Asphodel
    stand behind the target for bonus damage.

    Use natural Dedication every 30 seconds
    Push the macro once to get combined effort up
    Keep thorns of Ire up every 20 seconds (500 dps for each player attacking)
    Keep Eruption of life up
    Keep Crushing force up
    Mash the macro

    Druids do not work along side Bard, Archon or Beastmaster.

    The last sentence should be in bold and set before the "ST rotation". When in a raid, you will not need Natural Dedication or Thorns. For parsing, it's best not to consider those abilities in your rotation at all.

    <Trinity>
    Aussie Dudebro
    Cleric : 4/4 : 5/5
    ~NA First Infinite Perfection~

  6. #6
    Plane Walker The Witchking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    426

    Default

    I'll add that although Druid seems to parse well, it doesn't translate into a raid situation due to consumables and scaling, as well as the general flexibility of the soul.

    You notice that the "max DPS" spec has no ranged abilities, which typically renders it useless in a raid situation. Vex is pretty poor and only costs us one GCD. Luckily our pet should still be attacking, but overall we get a huge DPS loss from disconnect compared to shaman which can at least still do something (and will be more once kervik improves FW and LH).

    Druid is not in a good place when you stand next to a Shaman or Inquisitor, but luckily it's a simple spec with a couple of buttons/macros, so the casual raider can pick this up and have fun with it pretty quickly. I think that's where Druid is at right now.

    <Trinity>
    Aussie Dudebro
    Cleric : 4/4 : 5/5
    ~NA First Infinite Perfection~

  7. #7
    RIFT Guide Writer Redcruxs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Witchking View Post
    I'll add that although Druid seems to parse well, it doesn't translate into a raid situation due to consumables and scaling, as well as the general flexibility of the soul.

    You notice that the "max DPS" spec has no ranged abilities, which typically renders it useless in a raid situation. Vex is pretty poor and only costs us one GCD. Luckily our pet should still be attacking, but overall we get a huge DPS loss from disconnect compared to shaman which can at least still do something (and will be more once kervik improves FW and LH).

    i'm pretty sure the pet DPS during disconnect is more than shaman ranged dps during disconnect at this point lol (not sure about 2.2)


    Quote Originally Posted by The Witchking View Post
    Druid is not in a good place when you stand next to a Shaman or Inquisitor, but luckily it's a simple spec with a couple of buttons/macros, so the casual raider can pick this up and have fun with it pretty quickly. I think that's where Druid is at right now.

    I think thats the point, druid isn't really supposed to stand up next to shaman or inq and be comparable in raids. it has much more flexibility, survivability, and Utility making it an excellent dungeon and leveling soul. if it was ALSO a top raid ST dps soul it'd be too much. Zinbik said once that its lower dps than shaman and inq is intended.
    Last edited by Redcruxs; 01-21-2013 at 07:07 AM.

  8. #8
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    483

    Default

    I disagree with that stance. I think Druid, when going full DPS with the destroyer, should do comparable DPS to inquisitor. When switching to the healing faerie they should do DPS similar to the support classes.

    That would allow Druid to have a place in fights where you might need a little bit of extra healing in some phases, and extra DPS on others. Shaman would still be the go-to spec for DPS, and Inquisitor for ranged.

    I think all souls should be situationally viable in raids, instead of having some that just don't have a place there.
    Last edited by Golladan; 01-21-2013 at 09:14 AM.

  9. #9
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Golladan View Post
    I disagree with that stance. I think Druid, when going full DPS with the destroyer, should do comparable DPS to inquisitor.
    Then everyone would play druid because of the self heals and utility. That utility/self heals comes at a price.

  10. #10
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Merxion View Post
    Then everyone would play druid because of the self heals and utility. That utility/self heals comes at a price.
    No they wouldn't? Those that would want to maximize DPS would still play Shaman and those that don't want to melee would still play Inquisitor.

    Both Shaman and Inquisitor have self heals, though slightly weaker than Druid.

    And what utility? Natural Dedication, Thorns of Ire, and Fury of the Fae are already provided by the support. Both Shaman and Inquisitor have a much better interrupt. So that leaves... the pull.

  11. #11
    RIFT Guide Writer TheGrinnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10,817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Golladan View Post
    No they wouldn't? Those that would want to maximize DPS would still play Shaman and those that don't want to melee would still play Inquisitor.
    If Druid can do the same DPS as shaman nobody who wants to maximize DPS would ever play shaman. I don't know how I can make it clearer than that.

    Both Shaman and Inquisitor have self heals, though slightly weaker than Druid.
    That's pretty laughable.

    And what utility? Natural Dedication, Thorns of Ire, and Fury of the Fae are already provided by the support. Both Shaman and Inquisitor have a much better interrupt. So that leaves... the pull.
    The ability to switch between ST DPS, AoE DPS, and healing on the fly, and the ability to maintain some DPS during disconnects due to the pet. Fae Step is also much better than the Shaman charge for getting back to melee.

  12. #12
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    If Druid can do the same DPS as shaman nobody who wants to maximize DPS would ever play shaman. I don't know how I can make it clearer than that.
    I never said Druid doing the same DPS as Shaman. I said doing comparable DPS to Inquisitor. And to clarify, I mean the Inquisitor that is noticeably behind the Shaman as they appear on the PTS.

    Shaman can switch to AoE just as easily.

    Druid switching to the healing faerie would come at a noticeable DPS loss. The intent is to make Druid situationally viable. You would not take Druid when you need as much DPS as you can get. You would not take Druid when you need ranged DPS. You would take it when you need some extra healing and can sacrifice some DPS for it.

  13. #13
    RIFT Guide Writer TheGrinnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10,817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Golladan View Post
    You would take it when you need some extra healing and can sacrifice some DPS for it.
    And it's already quite useful for this purpose, except for being a melee soul which makes it less desirable to most people. However the situation you describe is very niche in raiding, often you dedicate some people to healing and some to DPS and find the balance that way. Raiders just don't have the role slots to carry around specs that might be useful in a certain raid makeup for a certain boss.

  14. #14
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Merxion View Post
    Then everyone would play druid because of the self heals and utility. That utility/self heals comes at a price.
    Why?

    The soul then when you pick it should say, "Warning! This soul is gimped. It's only used for soloing. Its Raid DPS will suck. Enjoy!"

    It's utility stacks with nothing in a Raid so you'll never use it.

    Getting hit for a Boss AoE for 16K your self healing it's worth the time at 200 a pop.

    It's a DPS soul which bring ZERO buffs to a raid. It should do DPS or delete it. It's not worth anything but DPS.

    Trion made the monster with the soul system. A nightmare to balance. A nightmare to get souls to actually work. So they'd better get busy making sure souls work. Or delete them.

  15. #15
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissibow View Post
    Why?

    The soul then when you pick it should say, "Warning! This soul is gimped. It's only used for soloing. Its Raid DPS will suck. Enjoy!"

    It's utility stacks with nothing in a Raid so you'll never use it.

    Getting hit for a Boss AoE for 16K your self healing it's worth the time at 200 a pop.

    It's a DPS soul which bring ZERO buffs to a raid. It should do DPS or delete it. It's not worth anything but DPS.

    Trion made the monster with the soul system. A nightmare to balance. A nightmare to get souls to actually work. So they'd better get busy making sure souls work. Or delete them.
    It fits fantasy lore, and just because it doesnt fit into a raid setting doesnt mean the soul is gimpes or broken. This obvious troll post was effective to say the least....this is outright provocative...what would even be the point of having souls if the end result would be the same anyways...can't we just reduce the classes a little further.

    *pure tank*dot tank*heal tank*blinkingtank*healer with dps*water splash aoe healer*light flash singletarget healer* no? yeah that would be ****ing stupid....i agree....

    The druid with competitive dps would break fights with alot of movement involved..ESPECIALLY if you make the dps competitive by buffing pet damage as the pet would never stop nuking boss...meaning even when you move you'd STILL maintain 50% dps on boss......i think you'd see 15 pets each raid
    Last edited by Sethax; 01-30-2013 at 06:25 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts