+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Top DPS inquisitor spec and rotation for Raiding. The Dirty Judge

Default Top DPS inquisitor spec and rotation for Raiding. The Dirty Judge

Let me start by saying that Ahov's Tidal Surge build it is a great build and have used it since launch but that being said it is so dependent on cool downs that if anything goes wrong with one it shoots your DPS into the dirt. That is what started me on a pursuit to find a different DPS ranged spec that was comparable or better. What I came up with actually will produce higher DPS and you wont drop off the DPS map when your cool downs are off.

Here is the build its 61 Inquisitor 15 Defiler 0 warden.http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#Ugh0/nGaGyGllkBh0/q. I know the argument that is coming it is dependent on you being over 90% health which is true but you spend most of your time at 90% health and if at anytime your health is at 90% during the cast you get the proc. I ran in raid and improved my DPS by 1k almost. And yes I was using the spec as he had it laid out with his macros. My macros and rotation is a little different but have tried and tested and over an 8 minute parse it is the highest I can get consistently. First I will give the macros than the rotation.

#show Sanction Heretic
    suppressmacrofailures
    Cast Spiritual Scrutiny
    Cast Sanction Heretic
    Cast Scourge

#show Bolt of Retribution
    suppressmacrofailures
    Cast Bolt of Retribution
    Cast Marrow Harvest
    Cast Waterjet

#show Nysyr's Rebuke
    suppressmacrofailures
    Cast Fanaticism
    Cast Nysyr's Rebuke

#show Jealous Intervention
    suppressmacrofailures
    stopcasting
    Cast @mouseover Jealous Intervention
    Cast @mouseover Loathsome Restoration
    (This macro is not for DPS but for cleansing and healing to as needed or as a self cleanse.)

Now for the rotation you are going to start out with your Sanction Heretic macro and cycle through that make sure that scourge is up it is one of your biggest hitters. Than after that spam your Bolt of Retribution macro until Bolt of Depravity becomes instant cast after BOD is going to be your Nysyr's Rebuke macro than sanction heretic (remember to refresh Scourge hit the macro through 2 GCD every time you hit Sanction Heretic.). After this BOD will be instant cast again. After BOD hit Radical Coalescence than BOD again, Nysyr's Rebuke, SH and Scourge, than BOD. so the rotation in simple terms would look like this(SH represents the Sanction Heretic macro, BOR the Bolt of retribution macro and so on.)
    SH, SH, BOR, BOR, BOR, BOR, BOD, NR, SH, SH, BOD, Radical Coalescence, BOD, NR, SH, SH, BOD
    That will be the rotation through the cool downs but once cool downs are up the rotation will simply be hit SH macro twice when SH is up (to refresh Scourge) and spam the BOR macro until BOD is instant than repeat. GO straight into your cool downs when they are available as the macros are set with the rotation to proc everything when they need to as regards to making sure that everything is buffed to the max with Spiritual Scrutiny. One other thing if there is no Archon 1 inquisitor will need to put up Spiritual Deficiency but if there is an Archon it will be over written (It is a group buff.).

I hope you all find this spec to be enjoyable to play. I seem to parse higher with it and yes you want to stack Crit Power as much as possible. If you have any questions are need help you can find me at Abealri@Threesprings. Try it and comment if you think it needs improvement somewhere please let me know and share with the community. Thank you for taking the time to read my post I hope you have a wonderful day.

Rift Disciple

If it's not too much trouble could you possibly link some parses as well as a screenshot of gear and stats?

Shadowlander

Default ?

Wont Fanaticism only affect to 1st tick of rebuke and therefore should be used on BoD?

In the second boss in FT last night I was between 9400k and 11k depending on if I screwed my rotation up or not. That was after the run phases at the end and everything. I will post a picture with my stats self buffed with out Powerstones or potions.

I tried Fanaticism in both places it is a loss to put it before BOD. I used to think the same thing but results are results. How do I post a picture?

I think I am posting a picture now.Top DPS inquisitor spec and rotation for Raiding. The Dirty Judge-2013-01-16_092346.jpg

Plane Touched

It seems like Justicar may be a better 0pt than Warden so that your damage is being converted to healing, little ticks on top of Scourge to help keep you above 90% if you're using the link.
    Last edited by RogueUnseen; 01-16-2013 at 08:02 AM.

Soulwalker

but if you go back to justicar you lose water jet, why would you need the healing coversion when you have raid heals? i would keep warden as the 0

Soulwalker

i also agree with Fanaticism being used on BoD

I tied Fanatacism both ways and have better numbers even one tick of Nysyr's hits harder than your BOD and your Nysyr's wont crit on anyticks sometimes if you dont use it with it. Super meter tells me that it is a loss over an 8 min parse. I had 0 justicar for residual heals but you want warden for the waterjet for when there is movement. Your life is above 90% for the most part and if its not it will take for ever for salvation to get you there and will still be dependent on the raid heals. the 90% life is not that big of a deal you spend most of your time at full health and if you do loose health you tend to go right back up or die you also have self cleanse and heals just in case both instant cast and spam-able.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Zasryn View Post
    Wont Fanaticism only affect to 1st tick of rebuke and therefore should be used on BoD?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberhius View Post
    i also agree with Fanaticism being used on BoD

A single tick of Rebuke crits for 300k and your next 3 ticks have a 30/20/10% chance to crit for 300k

Bod Crits for alot Less even counting the dot, dps loss...

Even without Tidal surge A tick of Rebuke ticks for more than Bod
    Quote Originally Posted by Lalothen View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Pantaliamon View Post
    A single tick of Rebuke crits for 300k and your next 3 ticks have a 30/20/10% chance to crit for 300k

Bod Crits for alot Less even counting the dot, dps loss...

Even without Tidal surge A tick of Rebuke ticks for more than Bod
    When used before, the entire channel of Nysyr's has a +30% chance to crit. When used for nysyr's the first tick is forced to crit and the rest of the ticks do not get a crit bonus I believe.

I think Fanaticism has changed maybe after SL but I am not sure all I know that after I have tried it on multiple 8min runs and it consistently ends up being a gain on the meter hitting it with NR.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberhius View Post
    but if you go back to justicar you lose water jet, why would you need the healing coversion when you have raid heals? i would keep warden as the 0
    Yep, I blame my lack of coffee on this bonehead statement.
    I'll be taking a look at this build tonight and see how it does.

I think Fanaticism has changed maybe after SL but I am not sure all I know that after I have tried it on multiple 8min runs and it consistently ends up being a gain on the meter hitting it with NR. Also someone asked in one of my accidental re posts why not use 7 shaman and 8 defiler its only a 4% loss and it isn't dependent on your health being above 90%. The thing is its right off the bat 400 dps loss perr 10k dps standing perfectly still and now that Warden was taken out and replaced with Shamen you dont have Waterjet which helps sustain your dps if there is any run phases or movement. You wont be below 90% enough of the time in a raid to make up the 400+dps loss you would have if you are you are probably wiping. Also going to 15 gives you an extra utility with the cleanse which isn't necessary but is nice if separated from the group. Also Trepidation and Bewilder will work on some mobs in experts and raids so don't discount them in a pinch.
    List of Utilities:
    Jealous Intervention
    Link of Distress
    Loathsome Restoration
    Confound
    Bewilder
    Purge
    Trepidation

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast