Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Top DPS inquisitor spec for Raiding. The Dirty Judge

Default Top DPS inquisitor spec for Raiding. The Dirty Judge

Let me start by saying that Ahov's Tidal Surge build it is a great build and have used it since launch but that being said it is so dependent on cool downs that if anything goes wrong with one it shoots your DPS into the dirt. That is what started me on a pursuit to find a different DPS ranged spec that was comparable or better. What I came up with actually will produce higher DPS and you wont drop off the DPS map when your cool downs are off.

Here is the build its 61 Inquisitor 15 Defiler 0 warden.http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#Ugh0/nGaGyGllkBh0/q. I know the argument that is coming it is dependent on you being over 90% health which is true but you spend most of your time at 90% health and if at anytime your health is at 90% during the cast you get the proc. I ran in raid and improved my DPS by 1k almost. And yes I was using the spec as he had it laid out with his macros. My macros and rotation is a little different but have tried and tested and over an 8 minute parse it is the highest I can get consistently. First I will give the macros than the rotation.

#show Sanction Heretic
    suppressmacrofailures
    Cast Spiritual Scrutiny
    Cast Sanction Heretic
    Cast Scourge

#show Bolt of Retribution
    suppressmacrofailures
    Cast Bolt of Retribution
    Cast Marrow Harvest
    Cast Waterjet

#show Nysyr's Rebuke
    suppressmacrofailures
    Cast Fanaticism
    Cast Nysyr's Rebuke

#show Jealous Intervention
    suppressmacrofailures
    stopcasting
    Cast @mouseover Jealous Intervention
    Cast @mouseover Loathsome Restoration
    (This macro is not for DPS but for cleansing and healing to as needed or as a self cleanse.)

Now for the rotation you are going to start out with your Sanction Heretic macro and cycle through that make sure that scourge is up it is one of your biggest hitters. Than after that spam your Bolt of Retribution macro until Bolt of Depravity becomes instant cast after BOD is going to be your Nysyr's Rebuke macro than sanction heretic (remember to refresh Scourge hit the macro through 2 GCD every time you hit Sanction Heretic.). After this BOD will be instant cast again. After BOD hit Radical Coalescence than BOD again, Nysyr's Rebuke, SH and Scourge, than BOD. so the rotation in simple terms would look like this(SH represents the Sanction Heretic macro, BOR the Bolt of retribution macro and so on.)
    SH, SH, BOR, BOR, BOR, BOR, BOD, NR, SH, SH, BOD, Radical Coalescence, BOD, NR, SH, SH, BOD
    That will be the rotation through the cool downs but once cool downs are up the rotation will simply be hit SH macro twice when SH is up (to refresh Scourge) and spam the BOR macro until BOD is instant than repeat. GO straight into your cool downs when they are available as the macros are set with the rotation to proc everything when they need to as regards to making sure that everything is buffed to the max with Spiritual Scrutiny. One other thing if there is no Archon 1 inquisitor will need to put up Spiritual Deficiency but if there is an Archon it will be over written (It is a group buff.).

I hope you all find this spec to be enjoyable to play. I seem to parse higher with it and yes you want to stack Crit Power as much as possible. If you have any questions are need help you can find me at Abealri@Threesprings. Try it and comment if you think it needs improvement somewhere please let me know and share with the community. Thank you for taking the time to read my post I hope you have a wonderful day.

Plane Touched

15 Defiler = 35% damage (25% under 90% hp)
    11 Warden 4 defiler = 18.5% damage 5% critical, Rebuke deals 50% more damage(Tidal surge).

Have you considered trying 8 defiler 7 shaman
    you get a constant 32% damage
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#Ugs/nGaGyGllkBh0/l88
    Even on fights where you take damage

3% less damage that your defiler build but you won't loose 10% from aoe

??
    Quote Originally Posted by Lalothen View Post

Plane Touched

grrr double post on 2... double posts!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lalothen View Post

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Pantaliamon View Post
    15 Defiler = 35% damage (25% under 90% hp)
    11 Warden 4 defiler = 18.5% damage 5% critical, Rebuke deals 50% more damage(Tidal surge).

Have you considered trying 8 defiler 7 shaman
    you get a constant 32% damage
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#Ugs/nGaGyGllkBh0/l88
    Even on fights where you take damage

3% less damage that your defiler build but you won't loose 10% from aoe

??
    With Lightning Hammer range going to 30m (upcoming on PTS) this could be a decent build.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueUnseen View Post
    With Lightning Hammer range going to 30m (upcoming on PTS) this could be a decent build.
    you would have to put 3 points into the extra time and it is not life damage so wont count towards your instant cast BOD. It would still be a DPS loss to use LH.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Abealri View Post
    you would have to put 3 points into the extra time and it is not life damage so wont count towards your instant cast BOD. It would still be a DPS loss to use LH.
    LH would be used on movement, not as part of the normal rotation.
    Last edited by RogueUnseen; 01-17-2013 at 06:24 AM.

Sword of Telara

This spec was a significant dps loss over the Warden11/Defiler4 version for me. I'm on Lagwatch though, and that can dramatically screw up parses.
    <Destiny Raiders>@Icewatch
    4/4 5/5

I also experienced about a 800 dps loss on this spec over the traditional build. Can you please post more info/screen shots/parses etc?

Telaran

Ahov and Bayona have done extensive research on the inquisitor parses...i don't doubt their insight. Tidal surge will parse higher for the moment....but i think this will be viable once the 2.2 changes goes live. Or some close abbreviation. Ahov speculated in druid for Mercurial talent since most of Inquis casts will become instants.

Don't macro Fanatisicm with Nysyr though....it is a DPS loss. Use it on BoD procs and follow it up with Nysyr for maximum yield.
    Last edited by Sethax; 01-29-2013 at 05:44 AM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Sethax View Post
    . Ahov speculated in druid for Mercurial talent since most of Inquis casts will become instants..
    Only Scourge, Vex, and Sanction Heretic.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Golladan View Post
    Only Scourge, Vex, and Sanction Heretic.
    Wont the new version of Spiritual Scrutiny make BoJ instant cast? I think this was the argument Ahov made.

Wont the new version of Spiritual Scrutiny make BoJ instant cast? I think this was the argument Ahov made.
    Much like any other ability that can be changed to an instant cast via buffs or talents, it will not be affected by "instant cast" buffs.

Do you expect this build to still come out on top for 2.2 with the addition of vex to our rotation, or would we benefit more from cabalist?
    --------------------------

Ascendant

I don't know what conversation you are referring to, since I only "asked" one person how Mercurial affected the instant-proc BoD since SL. (it doesn't.) Therefore, it was just an inquiry.

The top spec overall in 2.2 should be 61inq/15def/0just. No reason to have 0-pt warden. I will update my guide the moment 2.2 goes Live.

I see my previous posts in this thread got removed. Allow me to directly re-iterate why this guide is "not top dps."

1. Scourge is the absolute highest priority; it doesn't come "after" another skill like SH or even BoD.
    2. You don't use Fanaticism on Nysyr's Rebuke. You should use it on BoD.
    3. You don't clip the Sanction dot after Radical Coalescence. You are supposed to instead use BoR until the dot falls off.
    Last edited by Ahov; 01-30-2013 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    I see my previous posts in this thread got removed. Allow me to directly re-iterate why this guide is "not top dps."

1. Scourge is the absolute highest priority; it doesn't come "after" another skill like SH or even BoD.
    2. You don't use Fanaticism on Nysyr's Rebuke. You should use it on BoD.
    3. You don't clip the Sanction dot after Radical Coalescence. You are supposed to instead use BoR until the dot falls off.
    Your posts weren't removed, there are two of these threads with almost identical titles. I have no idea why the mods haven't merged them or at least locked one.

It's very confusing, particulalry for newer players.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast